Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,418 members, 7,864,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:00 AM

Life Is Cruel - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Life Is Cruel (590 Views)

Nature Is Cruel To Men While Time Is Cruel To Women. / Why Are Guys Here So Cruel Towards Women / What I Hate About Short And Skinny Females~They are Too Cruel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Is Cruel by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 27, 2022
On my way back from interview yesterday, while waiting for bus, across the road, was this unaccompanied young lad whose left/right leg was amputated on clutches - begging for money in traffic. I couldn't believe what my eyes was seeing at the moment. The scorching sun was beaming on him throughout. sad

To make matters worse, he was even struggling to lift his clutches, maybe due to tiredness or hunger. He shouldn't be more than 10. Nigeria failed him.

Could you believe that non, I mean non of the private cars and keke bus drivers could offer some monetary assistance to this little kid? sad Most of the private car owners didn't even bother to wind down to say the least.

Sadly, I had only #100 left on me, which was for my t-fare back home. Luckily, a good samaritan inform of a Coca-Cola trailer driver folded some naira note (should be #200 judging by the green color) threw it down for him, and the money landed at the back of the front tire. He (the driver) still waited for the little kid to come down from the road cubicle with his clutches and pick it (nobody could even cross the road and help pick it for him; I inclusive) — and off the driver went. People were just looking sheepishly through that moment. cry embarassed

But since yersternite, I have been feeling guilty of not giving him the last #100 I had on me and trekked home. My mind have not been at peace since then. I am thinking of going back to that junction today to look for him and help with the little I have.
Re: Life Is Cruel by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 27, 2022
you fit be stingy pesin
Re: Life Is Cruel by Jeromejnr(m): 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2022
Not life but humans. Humans are naturally cruel self centred beings.

This is why the world is to be wiped out soon and a new race of beings will govern it.

All of creation waits eagerly for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Re: Life Is Cruel by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2022
That's life for you. Only the strong survive and our society also has a way of making sure people don't really get the help they desired.
If that neega dey US now, at least, he'll be collecting disability benefits around $2389 or more a month.

2 Likes

Re: Life Is Cruel by VKN23: 12:22pm On Oct 27, 2022
you have a good heart most people out there don't even care, it pains me whenever I see a beggar and I have nothing on me

2 Likes

Re: Life Is Cruel by rickleye: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2022
Don't feel guilty. You give him N100. He sees you the next day, he will beg - So when do you stop being guilty ?
He is neither your responsibility nor is it legal for him to be begging by the side of the road.
Begging and giving alms is illegal. If you feel, strongly feel the need to give alms, consult an orphanage or government officials ( who who nicely pocket the money)
I’d rather take the guy to have lunch and meet a need give and not knowing where it’s going to.
I seen a lot of people beg and get drunk , shoot themselves with drugs . It’s a fine line to everyone their own.

1 Like

Re: Life Is Cruel by AudiA90: 7:39pm On Oct 28, 2022
rickleye:
Don't feel guilty. You give him N100. He sees you the next day, he will beg - So when do you stop being guilty ?
He is neither your responsibility nor is it legal for him to be begging by the side of the road.
Begging and giving alms is illegal. If you feel, strongly feel the need to give alms, consult an orphanage or government officials ( who who nicely pocket the money)

May you experience it too.. A useless callous animal !
Re: Life Is Cruel by rickleye: 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2022
AudiA90:

May you experience it too.. A useless callous animal !

experience what ?
Re: Life Is Cruel by kelspinall(m): 7:45pm On Oct 28, 2022
true talk
Re: Life Is Cruel by Allison012: 8:31pm On Oct 28, 2022
Well, i don't give them, because of some stories i heard about beggers.

1 Like

Re: Life Is Cruel by anthonyuncle(m): 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2022
don't judge,
you don't know the condition of those you condemn

(1) (Reply)

Please Your Advice Needed / With Opera Mini Shake And Win, You Can Win Fantastic Prizes Throughout This Worl / My Igbo Wife Too,has Japa With My kids,this is were I say Igbo amaka,lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.