Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani (49582 Views)

Soldiers Arrest Igboho's Cat Because They Thought He Changed To Cat / General Buhari And Ibrahim Gambari In 1984 (Video) / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by morgstreme: 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2022
Truthshscrazy:

Bhad! Last time l wanted to travel out & needed dollars urgently same day, Bank said no dollars ni. I was directed to one Bureau de change street in Abuja. Omo even ordinary mallam under tree without shop, in the cluster of streets was changing dollars to naira at exorbitant rates higher than official exchange rates to make killing profits. I literally lost count as every corner in the street to the next street was swarming with bureau de changers.

Simple if l have 20m in my geepee tank today, starting from tomorrow, Na to just visit minimum 5aboki each day with 500k -600k naira maximum to prevent raising suspicions of large sum, convert 2.5million total to dollars. Before 10 to 11 days , 20m don vamoose convert finish.

The mallams will even hoard the dollars from other regular black market customers ,tell them to go f* ck themselves say no dollars again ni; & give me top priority sef if say official black market rate is $1=800naira and l agree for them to use $1=1000naira for me.
.you are a FUCKING EMPTY BRIGAND LOCAL OLODO..
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Gunayo(m): 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2022
tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

It is extrapolated that by redesigning the currency , corrupt politicians , looters, kidnappers would be forced to bring out there share of 3 trillion not domiciled in banks

So what stops these people from changing their old naira notes to into dollars in bureau de change , wait for the new notes and change it back to the new notes

Someone school me pls
I can't school who is schooled oooooh
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by GentlePEACE: 9:09pm On Oct 27, 2022
tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

It is extrapolated that by redesigning the currency , corrupt politicians , looters, kidnappers would be forced to bring out there share of 3 trillion not domiciled in banks

So what stops these people from changing their old naira notes to into dollars in bureau de change , wait for the new notes and change it back to the new notes

Someone school me pls

And u just exposed the way out for them now grin
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by FuckOsuPigs: 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2022
Honjoshy4u:
Buhari/APC/Tinubu are massive failures.
The number of votes APC will get in 2023 will tell the number of insane people in Nigeria.
Sane Nigerians will never reinforce failure.

Mechie onu gi!

If it's not Tinubu, so it would now be Obi?

Ogede oniranu
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by teemy(m): 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2022
tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

Someone school me pls

Any transaction of 5million and above must pass through the banks in line with money laundering laws. How those BDCs will explain their source of millions and from whom will be the next thing.

The noose will be tight

2 Likes

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Burgerlomo: 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2022
Naija don enter one chance
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Truthshscrazy: 9:13pm On Oct 27, 2022
morgstreme:

.you are a FUCKING EMPTY BRIGAND LOCAL OLODO..
You are a USELESS FUCKING EMPTY RET ARD. FOOL.MUGU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Allisgud: 9:17pm On Oct 27, 2022
This may work the other way for good,to those politicians who don't have their looted money in dollars,to those who hide millions in septic tanks,water tanks,in abandon buildings in ikoyi they will be force to bring it out,this is even the best time for efcc to perform

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by BABANGBALI: 9:17pm On Oct 27, 2022
That's the change he promised Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Winning123: 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2022
No BDC will do that as they Naira they collect will have to be taken to the bank to be changed. And if they do the bank will ask questions

tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

Someone school me pls

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Honjoshy4u: 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2022
morgstreme:

You are a young fuuuul..

You are OBVIOUSLY devoid of information..

Placid OLODO!

One of the insane people spotted.

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by tuoyoojo(m): 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2022
JoshTim:

You think there is enough forex to gulp the bulk of naira outside and within the time limit and the stress. Most will be redundant
I think the short time frame is deliberate
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Honjoshy4u: 9:25pm On Oct 27, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:

Mechie onu gi!

If it's not Tinubu, so it would now be Obi?

Ogede oniranu

Another insane person spotted
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by tuoyoojo(m): 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2022
blackpanda:

There is no dollar to change. It's scarce. And bureau de change will not accept your old naira notes

With enough greasing of their palms , they can look the other way and provide the dollars. The changing of the naira would start from now to beat the deadline
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by tuoyoojo(m): 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2022
emmy512:

BDC will loose their dollars and face scrutiny for bringing in huge amount of Naira.

Already you know there's a form to fill for transactions over a certain amount where you can be summoned to explain how u got it and if you say you are a BDC you can be asked to provide whoever had such amount to you.

It's a risk for the BDC.
I don't see any of them collecting billions or millions of naira in cash when they can loose everything

Very illustrative .....making sense

2 Likes

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Chopcy29: 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2022
tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

Someone school me pls

Good thought

Hope to get a good respond
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by tuoyoojo(m): 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2022
HomeTutorsPro:

The CBN is not after the money that'll be deposited.
They're going after withdrawals after the deposits.
Unfortunately, only opposition politicians will suffer.
BDCs actually have a responsibility of reporting any huge sums presented for exchange but they often don't report anything, especially when it borders a "big fish" who usually rewards them handsomely.

The Nigerian factor would always come into play

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2022
And so
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by highchief1: 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
Senator Shehu Sani

https://twitter.com/ShehuSani/status/1585281479919243267?t=kJ5vMajF1YeXIm31TvI3Gw&s=19
oga keep quiet u collecting over 100m bribe and refuse to decamp when Saraki them Dey decamp
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Pat081: 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2022
Honjoshy4u:
Buhari/APC/Tinubu are massive failures.
The number of votes APC will get in 2023 will tell the number of insane people in Nigeria.
Sane Nigerians will never reinforce failure.
not only insane people but those who do not care about the future of unborn children and God makes those people not to see that day. amen
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by tuoyoojo(m): 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2022
Chopcy29:

Good thought

Hope to get a good respond

I have been schooled
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Funflipper: 9:35pm On Oct 27, 2022
tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

Someone school me pls

The amount of dollars in circulation won't be enough for that and moreover such moves will raise eyebrows. You can bet the criminals and their sponsors are already on panic mode.

3 Likes

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by starstaz(m): 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2022
Emotionss:
Lady's and gentle men the new 2000 and 5000 notes

He put ojukwu to settle ipob. Interesting.
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by sonnie10: 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2022
All of a sudden, a lot of naira would be chasing the few available consumers goods.

This is the definition of looming inflation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by buckeyemedia: 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

One of the insane people spotted.
Ungrateful thing, you deserve the kind of leaders you have.

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Funflipper: 9:54pm On Oct 27, 2022
Allisgud:
This may work the other way for good,to those politicians who don't have their looted money in dollars,to those who hide millions in septic tanks,water tanks,in abandon buildings in ikoyi they will be force to bring it out,this is even the best time for efcc to perform

The masses should be happy with this move but the reverse is the case. They always want the finished product without giving a hoot about the production process. How can a country ever move forward with such kind of people as citizens?

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by blackpanda: 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
lexy2014:

Who told you that there's no dollar to change? Why will BDC not accept old notes?

No be u again. Mtscheeeew
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Honjoshy4u: 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2022
[quote author=buckeyemedia post=117928120] Ungrateful thing, you deserve the kind of leaders you have. [/quote
How do I deserve what I didn't support
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Arafat2022: 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2022
Buhari Apc Lead Administration has lost direction.
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Cmanforall: 10:18pm On Oct 27, 2022
tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

Someone school me pls
You're giving them advice now
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by tnerro1(m): 10:28pm On Oct 27, 2022
tuoyoojo:

The Nigerian factor would always come into play

True, do you know that when this New VIO certificate or road worthiness came out, u couldn’t get it unless you took ur car to be inspected.

Today the VIO guy brought the certificate to my office without them even seeing the car grin

The big men who are insiders will provide loopholes to their cabal members, don’t be surprised they are in CBN working on it already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Ken4Christ: 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2022
Like play like play, so many now believe he is the one doing all these. Should I conclude that an average Nigeria is dull? I really don't know what to say anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce Confirms Plane Crash Near Kaduna International Airport / Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. / President Buhari Smiling And Full Of Life In New Photos In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.