Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani (49531 Views)

Soldiers Arrest Igboho's Cat Because They Thought He Changed To Cat / General Buhari And Ibrahim Gambari In 1984 (Video) / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by morgstreme: 8:40pm On Oct 27, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
grin grin grin grin grin Never knew this clown did it in 1984.
The intention is good, but the man implementing it a clown and a failure.
Most likely another failed project tongue tongue tongue tongue

You are one local Idiota..

The policy is a MASTERSTROKE!!!

Go and get more information before spewing..

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by lexy2014: 8:40pm On Oct 27, 2022
Seankhalifa:
Dis is d best way to fight corruption... federal government has stop issuing dollars to BDC people... dis election go crazy... lol grin

What has the topic got to do with dollars and BDC? How is this the best way to fight corruption?
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by morgstreme: 8:40pm On Oct 27, 2022
socialmediaman:
Just like I keep wondering…

Why murder Funsho Williams? He was poised to win the Lagos Governorship election of 2007. Was it to avoid him uncovering massive corruption if he got elected?

Who ordered EndSars protesters to be shot at? Why bully and intimidate and even murder dissidents?

Dictators and oligarchs masquerading as democrats are a big obstacle to Nigeria's survival!

I don’t like nonsense!

But you like IGNORANCE....

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by ayoade2: 8:40pm On Oct 27, 2022
The bureau de change too would take the ols notes (money) to Bank and would have to explain where he got the huge sum na

tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

It is extrapolated that by redesigning the currency , corrupt politicians , looters, kidnappers would be forced to bring out there share of 3 trillion not domiciled in banks

So what stops these people from changing their old naira notes to into dollars in bureau de change , wait for the new notes and change it back to the new notes

Someone school me pls

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by morgstreme: 8:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
Brendaniel:
Buhari brought by Tinubu doing damage to Nigeria since 1984

Each tie I remember that Peter obi is on ballot - I just get happy that we have a good option

Peter Obi is going nowhere..

If he wins just 3 states,he should be declared winner of the Presidential election..

Nothing for him..

Only kids rant...

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by undigeh: 8:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
I strongly supports the change.
The change will put CBN fully in control and in charge of the currency note.
It shows they are the owner of the notes.
Above all, all the bank notes victims of kidnappers withdrew from banks and paid to them, which they haoded will be forcefully return back to the bank or else, it will become useless in their hands.

Security agencies will pick them up as they will be coming to bank to change huge amount of money they could not explain their legitimate business that earned them such money.
This is one of the primary purpose for change of existing currency.[b]

oluwaseyi0:
I'm yet to understand the reason for the change

We recently changed N5, N10, N20 to polymer from paper

We recently changed N100 design, now we are changing N200, N500 and N1000

Will the redesign increase the value? What will have happen if we [/b][color=#990000][/color]don't

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by lexy2014: 8:43pm On Oct 27, 2022
Alwaysready:

It's obvious you ain't an economics student...

I read economics at my A' Level and had distinction. I therefore, proceeded to read Banking & Finance at the University.

Pls,if you want to learn more about CBN monetary terms,let me know officially.

And yet you can't answer simple questions.

Which black money are you referring to? When did politicians take all the currency to a "save heaven"? Which "save heaven"? Which currency did the politicians take?

How will all they have saved be valueless next year?
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by jojothaiv(m): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
morikee:
Who observed some Nairaland FP Post getting mixed up wetin dey happen?
The mods are mad again...
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Ventura1: 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
Forgot about that, so who are those hoarding the over 2.7tr not in the bank vaults. That alone translate to about $3.8bn @700/$, will they spend dollars for vote buying on election day.
xandy84:
Most politicians does not store their loot in Naira cos of it volatility. They store their loot in $$ and can't easily convert old naira to $$. CBN is the most confused entity in Nigeria... Buhari administration is the definition of insanity. Keep doing same thing over again hoping the result will be different this time...

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by lexy2014: 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
Seankhalifa:
calm down... as for now u can change 20m to dollars with out stating how u got the money.. efcc are watching dem now..

There's no correlation with what you stated and the questions I asked. Who told you that there's no dollar to change? Why will BDC not accept old notes?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by nedekid: 8:45pm On Oct 27, 2022
I was first skeptical, but on further thoughts, It might end up being a good thing.

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by mankan2k7(m): 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2022
Never reinforce failure. A failure remains a failure. Bihari/ Tilupo is a failure.
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by TenQ: 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2022
tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

It is extrapolated that by redesigning the currency , corrupt politicians , looters, kidnappers would be forced to bring out there share of 3 trillion not domiciled in banks

So what stops these people from changing their old naira notes to into dollars in bureau de change , wait for the new notes and change it back to the new notes

Someone school me pls
A very Dumb move by the FG and CBN.

If I had N7,000,000,000 stored in my overhead tank AND I have till Jan 15, 2023 to convert it. I will simply go to as many BDC as I can to change it to DOLLARS!
By today's exchange rate

N7,000,000,000=$10,000,000
Seven Billion Naira is just about Ten million dollars.

The stupid policy makers have just succeeded in devaluing the Naira again over a 100 days period as hordes of criminals begin to convert their monies to dollars. Pray that we don't hit $1= N1000 by January.

It was a stupid move!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by 07kjb: 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2022
Only fools SUPPORT APC

I CAN'T IMAGINE SUPPORTING A PARTY THAT HAVE PUT MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS IN KNASHING OF TEETH

GOD FORBID

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Brendaniel: 8:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
morgstreme:

Peter Obi is going nowhere..

If he wins just 3 states,he should be declared winner of the Presidential election..

Nothing for him..

Only kids rant...

grin

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by morgstreme: 8:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
Brendaniel:

grin

Doesn't win votes..

Kid...
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by kareemkamil(m): 8:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

Anyways, all change na change grin grin

Abi oooo
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Brendaniel: 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2022
morgstreme:

Doesn't win votes..

Kid...

grin

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by morgstreme: 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2022
lexy2014:

How does his being alive in 85 or not negate what he said?

You don't know SHIT!

You are just one inconsequential Cretinous lowlife misyarning..

You'll be here in 2030 screaming Asiwaju has failed..
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by hasina3adaugo: 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2022
To make a better economy is not rocket science na. Please politicians pity for us abeg. Just even if it's light or education, let something work for the common man abeg. Sigh!To make a better economy is not rocket science na. Please politicians pity for us abeg. Just even if it's light or education, let something work for the common man abeg. Sigh!...
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by lexy2014: 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2022
morgstreme:

You don't know SHIT!

You are just one inconsequential Cretinous lowlife misyarning..

You'll be here in 2030 screaming Asiwaju has failed..

Doesn't answer my question. How does his being alive in 85 or not negate what he said?

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by DADYLEED: 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2022
In my opinion, people that are complaining over the change of currency are part of those that starched our money, make una bring those monies out.

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by observanc1: 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2022
morikee:
Who observed some Nairaland FP Post getting mixed up wetin dey happen?
I did o. Was reading comments on one thread, the heading was on something else, the comments were on something else.
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by seunak2016: 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2022
Honjoshy4u:
Buhari/APC/Tinubu are massive failures.
The number of votes APC will get in 2023 will tell the number of insane people in Nigeria.
Sane Nigerians will never reinforce failure.
trust me they will rig massively, though some mumu go fall their 5k per vote ooo but they go use thug and rig
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by GENES11S: 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2022
JoeNL22:

Exactly.......that is what I said. That's Is the route most of this looters and thieves will most definitely take. It is well

It is not possible to change half a trillion in 3 months using that route without raising red flags. Except the person/people has immunity.

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Emman08: 8:53pm On Oct 27, 2022
The man has ZERO economic sense. What's worse, be surrounded himself with f***ikg propagandists, looters, extremists and liars men who know f**k all about the economy.

The only thing worse than ignorance is never admitting your ignorance
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Ikea81: 8:55pm On Oct 27, 2022
Buhari plans to annoy Nigerians for a very long time by putting his face on the 500 naira note
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by JoeNL22(m): 8:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
GENES11S:

It is not possible to change half a trillion in 3 months using that route without raising red flags. Except the person/people has immunity.

Maybe true....I will believe this statement.
This 2023 will be very funny
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Stephendavid124: 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2022
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by johnfem321: 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2022
Exactly.. currently there is high inflation.. to much printed money in circulation making price to go up.. this will help suck illegal and legal money back to the system.. imagine several political have kept billions in some warehouse,, ritualist. Yahoo boys , churches, business
Men that’s don’t trust bank. Aboki that hide money under mattress, farmers etc the money will be back to cbn., they will also increase interest rate to entice people to leave money in the bank.. the main aim is to reduce inflation
tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

Someone school me pls

2 Likes

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by morgstreme: 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2022
lexy2014:

Doesn't answer my question. How does his being alive in 85 or not negate what he said?

Because he was told a tale and not yet born or old enough to understand the times..
.are you MORONIC too
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Truthshscrazy: 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2022
lexy2014:

There's no correlation what you stated and the questions I asked. Who told you that there's no dollar to change? Why will BDC not accept old notes?
Bhad! Last time l wanted to travel out & needed dollars urgently same day, Bank said no dollars ni. I was directed to one Bureau de change street in Abuja. Omo even ordinary mallam under tree without shop, in the cluster of streets was changing dollars to naira at exorbitant rates higher than official exchange rates to make killing profits. I literally lost count as every corner in the street to the next street was swarming with bureau de changers.

Simple if l have 20m in my geepee tank today, starting from tomorrow, Na to just visit minimum 5aboki each day with 500k -600k naira maximum to prevent raising suspicions of large sum, convert 2.5million total to dollars. Before 10 to 11 days , 20m don vamoose convert finish.

The mallams will even hoard the dollars from other regular black market customers ,tell them to go f* ck themselves say no dollars again ni; & give me top priority sef if say official black market rate is $1=800naira and l agree for them to use $1=1000naira for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buruji Kasahmu's Security Guards At An Event (Photos) / Niger Delta Militants Threaten War Should Jonathan Lose Election / President Buhari Smiling And Full Of Life In New Photos In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.