Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani (49584 Views)

Soldiers Arrest Igboho's Cat Because They Thought He Changed To Cat / General Buhari And Ibrahim Gambari In 1984 (Video) / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 28, 2022
Skty:

Because he nor call am fuool?

The embittered Igbo tribe! You can support evil from here till Eternity, none of you people SHALL be President. You are hateful and wicked. Now, you can take that to the bank.

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by MtDave55: 6:50am On Oct 28, 2022
tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

It is extrapolated that by redesigning the currency , corrupt politicians , looters, kidnappers would be forced to bring out there share of 3 trillion not domiciled in banks

So what stops these people from changing their old naira notes to into dollars in bureau de change , wait for the new notes and change it back to the new notes

Someone school me pls

They can equally spend it on Real Estate and other tangible properties.
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by orisa37: 6:57am On Oct 28, 2022
He is SUFFERING from CURRENCY NEUROSIS.
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by abbeyfel: 7:04am On Oct 28, 2022
Michelle70:
Lolz, 1985?
Garba Shehu, i see what u did there, u don shake the table
Garba Shehu ke?
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by eteba(m): 7:16am On Oct 28, 2022
The change buhari promised is finally here!

Currency change!
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by TenQ: 7:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Ventura1:
Do you think as an individual you'll see a BDC that'll change even $50k for cash supplied in naira? And everything will go to your BVN linked accounts, even with separate banks? Mr Man, go and sit down and learn
Yes!
Easily you'll change up to Equivalent of $1million in BDC at Abuja.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by sweetgala(m): 8:29am On Oct 28, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
I'm yet to understand the reason for the change

We recently changed N5, N10, N20 to polymer from paper

We recently changed N100 design, now we are changing N200, N500 and N1000

Will the redesign increase the value? What will have happen if we don't

It's to catch off wealthy individuals hoarding large amounts of questionable naira. Their options are now limited, they'll have to deposit the monies into banks which with BVN exposes them or they'll have to watch the money become useless.

It's the BDCs that stand to gain here there'll be used for black market exchange of large sums of Naira which they'll then deposit in banks, unless CBN makes it impossible to change values over a threshold without attaching a BVN or passport to such transactions.

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by hkidola00(m): 8:35am On Oct 28, 2022
tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

It is extrapolated that by redesigning the currency , corrupt politicians , looters, kidnappers would be forced to bring out there share of 3 trillion not domiciled in banks

So what stops these people from changing their old naira notes to into dollars in bureau de change , wait for the new notes and change it back to the new notes

Someone school me pls
there's limitation of forex in the market coupled with scarcity..it will be hard to change 2 billion naira to dollar
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by tuoyoojo(m): 8:52am On Oct 28, 2022
MtDave55:

They can equally spend it on Real Estate and other tangible properties.
For politicians who would want access to liquidity, real estate may be a hard nut except they would want to sell such properties may below the prevailing market price
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Brendaniel: 8:58am On Oct 28, 2022
saysugar:
Lol when u form ur lies u will surely exclude peter obi in everything, he no Dey collect shishi grin that shows ur stupidity status

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by dominic17: 10:20am On Oct 28, 2022
I believe this change is targeted at the politicians that is hiding their looted funds at home instead of Bank, this will render their looted funds worthless thereby reducing volume of money in circulation which invariably leads to reduction in inflation.

oluwaseyi0:

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by JordanMichael(m): 10:38am On Oct 28, 2022
The real CHANGE APC promised us grin
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Truthshscrazy: 11:39am On Oct 28, 2022
lexy2014:

What's the correlation between the above and this: Who told you that there's no dollar to change? Why will BDC not accept old notes?

The correlation is there if you look at the illustrative story and your question. Na wa o. It’s not OP out of point ; with respect to your question & quite correlated with the subject matter raised by your question, subtly appearing to debate for the notion rather than against the notion.

Rephrasing the illustration earlier in simpler terms ;
Even if there is no dollars to change at a go, Owners of 20million or say N7billion = $10m dollars; can split it into smaller manageable parts beginning from tomorrow, visiting 5 different aboki per day changing minimum of 1million naira ($1400) To 4m Maximum( $5700) at each; to avoid raising eyebrows about 5m minimum per day before 10 or 11 days ; 20m would vamoose. Etc and from tomorrow to January 15th 2023, is enough to finish converting 7billion naira ,
visiting as many Different aboki as possible.eg. At that aboki overcrowded abuja street mentioned earlier. Only an idiot would take 7billion to one aboki. One could even stop by at an aboki place to change 4m & send a friend or totally different person to same place to change another 4m. Abuja residents can also take bus & add Nearby aboki places like Nassarawa Aboki BDCs . Lag residents can also add ogun, & nearby border states, etc Besides; In case of Scarcity of dollars /limitation of dollars to change at these BDCs; with several people wanting to change simultaneously at once; operators can even begin to deceive regular Average Tom Black market customers in need of dollars ; that there is no dollars available anymore; and reserve their limited dollars for milking these desperate big shots willing to accept higher exorbitant Black market exchange rates from the BDCs say official Black exchange rate $1= 700naira & big shot phones aboki to reserve the dollars for him coming to change at $1=1050naira. When few dollars available are being chased by so much naira; it can induce more hoarding of available dollars/more artificial scarcity. I pray the dollars don’t get Hoarded further for highest bidders & naira does not get devalued further as hordes of criminals begin fighting to convert their monies to dollars over 100days period.
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Gospel2Day: 11:41am On Oct 28, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

They want to force money out of where looters and stackers hide their loots.
The action will return money back to CBN vault and control.
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by morgstreme: 12:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
lexy2014:

You still haven't answered the question. How does his being alive in 85 or not negate what he said?

I don't answer MORONIC QUESTIONS..
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by morgstreme: 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2022
slivertongue:

SECONDARY SCHOOL &he was a disaster

You are a BLOODY LIAR...
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by dochenaj: 1:09pm On Oct 28, 2022
Alwaysready:
Ok

It's a CBN monetary policy aimed at stabilizing the Naira.

The CBN will always suggests ways in stabilizing the currency and sends to the president for approval. It's not him doing it after all,you all said he doesn't have a certificate . So,how come he knows the pros and cons of printing rebranding the naira.

They ,the CBN want to flush out 'blackmoney' and this is election period where those politicians have taken all the currency to a save haven to spend next year.

They will not be happy with this news because,all what they would have saved will be valueless come next year .

Check my sig & patronize us today
There is always a long window for currency to be exchanged. And if it too short people will clamor for more time and it will be extended.

Now what stops the corrupt politicians from using proxy to launder the monies they have stashed away. After all laundering is very easy in Nigeria.

All they need to do is establish cash based businesses and use it to launder the cash and since we don't have functional money laundering monitoring systems, they will never be caught.
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by slivertongue: 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2022
morgstreme:

You are a BLOODY LIAR...

You think everyone on social media is a kid.
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by morgstreme: 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2022
slivertongue:

You think everyone on social media is a kid.

You are LYING!!!!
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by slivertongue: 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2022
morgstreme:

You are LYING!!!!

Obviously you are a kid
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by lexy2014: 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
Truthshscrazy:

The correlation is there if you look at the illustrative story and your question. Na wa o. It’s not OP out of point ; with respect to your question & quite correlated with the subject matter raised by your question, subtly appearing to debate for the notion rather than against the notion.

Rephrasing the illustration earlier in simpler terms ;
Even if there is no dollars to change at a go, Owners of 20million or say N7billion = $10m dollars; can split it into smaller manageable parts beginning from tomorrow, visiting 5 different aboki per day changing minimum of 1million naira ($1400) To 4m Maximum( $5700) at each; to avoid raising eyebrows about 5m minimum per day before 10 or 11 days ; 20m would vamoose. Etc and from tomorrow to January 15th 2023, is enough to finish converting 7billion naira ,
visiting as many Different aboki as possible.eg. At that aboki overcrowded abuja street mentioned earlier. Only an idiot would take 7billion to one aboki. One could even stop by at an aboki place to change 4m & send a friend or totally different person to same place to change another 4m. Abuja residents can also take bus & add Nearby aboki places like Nassarawa Aboki BDCs . Lag residents can also add ogun, & nearby border states, etc Besides; In case of Scarcity of dollars /limitation of dollars to change at these BDCs; with several people wanting to change simultaneously at once; operators can even begin to deceive regular Average Tom Black market customers in need of dollars ; that there is no dollars available anymore; and reserve their limited dollars for milking these desperate big shots willing to accept higher exorbitant Black market exchange rates from the BDCs say official Black exchange rate $1= 700naira & big shot phones aboki to reserve the dollars for him coming to change at $1=1050naira. When few dollars available are being chased by so much naira; it can induce more hoarding of available dollars/more artificial scarcity. I pray the dollars don’t get Hoarded further for highest bidders & naira does not get devalued further as hordes of criminals begin fighting to convert their monies to dollars over 100days period.

Are you sure understand these questions?
Who told you that there's no dollar to change? Why will BDC not accept old notes?
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by lexy2014: 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
morgstreme:

I don't answer MORONIC QUESTIONS..

It still doesn't answer the question. How does his being alive in 85 or not negate what he said?
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by morgstreme: 4:55pm On Oct 28, 2022
lexy2014:

It still doesn't answer the question. How does his being alive in 85 or not negate what he said?

How does your asking me this moronic Question for the umpteenth time give you an answer,kid?

Will you grab the answer out of my mouth?

Swerve or come back again and ask the same MORONIC QUESTION..
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by lexy2014: 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2022
morgstreme:

How does your asking me this moronic Question for the umpteenth time give you an answer,kid?

Will you grab the answer out of my mouth?

Swerve or come back again and ask the same MORONIC QUESTION..

Is the question too difficult for you to answe? How does his being alive in 85 or not negate what he said?
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by morgstreme: 5:06pm On Oct 28, 2022
lexy2014:

Is the question too difficult for you to answe? How does his being alive in 85 or not negate what he said?

Come back again and ask.....

DINGBAT!
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Truthshscrazy: 5:25pm On Oct 28, 2022
lexy2014:

Are you sure understand these questions?
Who told you that there's no dollar to change? Why will BDC not accept old notes?
Since you cannot read in between the lines of the reply already explicitly typed leaving no room for ambiguity; let me help you & reduce it to kg 1 pikin level

The reply typed is saying that “ Haba, There is dollar to change na. Don’t mind him. People having lotta old naira illegally embezzled & secretly stashed away in Geepee tank inclusive , beginning from 2mro will begin rushing & battling to change all to dollars bit by bit daily within the 100days period Deadline.” Visiting as many Abokis as possible.

Even if there is no enough dollar to change; A worse case scenario that can happen, is BDCs will begin Hoarding Scarce available dollars to Highest bidders & alhaji that has phoned to Reserve dollars for him coming to change at higher more profitable black market rate for the Aboki say at $1=1050 naira for example, when official Black market rate $1=700naira) Thus inducing further artificial scarcity With an attendant potential snowballing effect of devaluation/dollar exchange rate going higher as lotta naira chases few dollars available .
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by lexy2014: 5:36pm On Oct 28, 2022
Truthshscrazy:

Since you cannot read in between the lines of the reply already explicitly typed leaving no room for ambiguity; let me help you & reduce it to kg 1 pikin level

The reply typed is saying that “ Haba, There is dollar to change na. Don’t mind him. People having lotta old naira illegally embezzled & secretly stashed away in Geepee tank inclusive , beginning from 2mro will begin rushing & battling to change all to dollars bit by bit daily within the 100days period Deadline.” Visiting as many Abokis as possible.

Even if there is no enough dollar to change; A worse case scenario that can happen, is BDCs will begin Hoarding Scarce available dollars to Highest bidders & alhaji that has phoned to Reserve dollars for him coming to change at higher more profitable black market rate for the Aboki say at $1=1050 naira for example, when official Black market rate $1=700naira) Thus inducing further artificial scarcity With an attendant potential snowballing effect of devaluation/dollar exchange rate going higher as lotta naira chases few dollars available .

Why all this plenty offpoint for just 2 simple questions?

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by lexy2014: 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2022
morgstreme:

Come back again and ask.....

DINGBAT!

Is that how you feel about yourself & the reason why you can't answer the question?

How does his being alive in 85 or not negate what he said?
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Skty: 5:45pm On Oct 28, 2022
Okealaaye:

The embittered Igbo tribe! You can support evil from here till Eternity, none of you people SHALL be President. You are hateful and wicked. Now, you can take that to the bank.

Myopic, not only ibos support Obi, ok, dullarrrd Yoruba.

And Obi must rule u. Inshallah
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Truthshscrazy: 5:50pm On Oct 28, 2022
lexy2014:

Why all this plenty offpoint for just 2 simple questions?

You are typing off point inappropriately to the wrong person. Go and watch ur eyes very well with Acid. Nairaland kg 1 children. I tire for Una. I am not the person you were having a debate/conversation with against the notion; who insinuated there is no dollar to change. The reply Buttresses there is Dollar to change and highlights a worse economic effect of Hoarding/Artificial scarcity that could be induced if within 100days deadline to get rid of old notes; there is actually no enough dollars to change billions of naira illegally stashed away ;since BDCs these days each have a weekly limit of about $20k maximum per operator in one week
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by lexy2014: 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
Truthshscrazy:

You are typing off point inappropriately to the wrong person. Go and watch ur eyes very well with Acid. Nairaland kg 1 children. I tire for Una. I am not the person you were having a debate/conversation with against the notion; who insinuated there is no dollar to change. The reply Buttresses there is Dollar to change and highlights a worse economic effect of Hoarding/Artificial scarcity that could be induced if within 100days deadline to get rid of old notes; there is actually no enough dollars to change billions of naira illegally stashed away ;since BDCs these days each have a weekly limit of about $20k maximum per operator in one week

I ask again, Why all this plenty offpoint for just 2 simple questions?

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Truthshscrazy: 5:54pm On Oct 28, 2022
lexy2014:

I ask again, Why all this plenty offpoint for just 2 simple questions?

Your brain is off point and you have comprehension issues and low IQ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See Governor Ambode’s Bulletproof Cars / Yemi Osinbajo: My Hair Was Not This Grey When I Started Out In 2015 / Pictures Of Bola Tinubu And Obasanjo In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.