Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani (49581 Views)

Soldiers Arrest Igboho's Cat Because They Thought He Changed To Cat / General Buhari And Ibrahim Gambari In 1984 (Video) / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Skyonebaba: 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2022
Changing of currency may not bring the solution to Nigeria's problem but it will help CBN alot , imagine what those that stacked billions of naira in their homes will do , just watch from next you will experience too much cash circulation and there will be scarcity of dollar
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 27, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
grin grin grin grin grin Never knew this clown did it in 1984.
The intention is good, but the man implementing it a clown and a failure.
Most likely another failed project tongue tongue tongue tongue

You call your president a clown? You call an old man a clown? Where's your etiquette? Shows that your home training is inadequate.

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Perfectman91: 10:39pm On Oct 27, 2022
Alwaysready:
Ok

It's a CBN monetary policy aimed at stabilizing the Naira.

The CBN will always suggests ways in stabilizing the currency and sends to the president for approval. It's not him doing it after all,you all said he doesn't have a certificate . So,how come he knows the pros and cons of printing rebranding the naira.

They ,the CBN want to flush out 'blackmoney' and this is election period where those politicians have taken all the currency to a save haven to spend next year.

They will not be happy with this news because,all what they would have saved will be valueless come next year .

Check my sig & patronize us today

These politicians don't save for election vote buying in naira, it's all done in dollars then convert to naira when election is close

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by jackie111(m): 10:51pm On Oct 27, 2022
Michelle70:
Lolz, 1985?
Garba Shehu, i see what u did there, u don shake the table
Even reno couldn't do this
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by abuhusna1: 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
I'm yet to understand the reason for the change

We recently changed N5, N10, N20 to polymer from paper

We recently changed N100 design, now we are changing N200, N500 and N1000

Will the redesign increase the value? What will have happen if we don't
Probably they noticed lots of politicians have lots of cash stored at home and they want to render it useless for them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Ventura1: 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2022
Do you think as an individual you'll see a BDC that'll change even $50k for cash supplied in naira? And everything will go to your BVN linked accounts, even with separate banks? Mr Man, go and sit down and learn
TenQ:

A very Dumb move by the FG and CBN.

If I had N7,000,000,000 stored in my overhead tank AND I have till Jan 15, 2023 to convert it. I will simply go to as many BDC as I can to change it to DOLLARS!
By today's exchange rate

N7,000,000,000=$10,000,000
Seven Billion Naira is just about Ten million dollars.

The stupid policy makers have just succeeded in devaluing the Naira again over a 100 days period as hordes of criminals begin to convert their monies to dollars. Pray that we don't hit $1= N1000 by January.

It was a stupid move!

2 Likes

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Coldie(m): 11:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
The idea is nice but Buharis decisions only make things worst though
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by hardbody: 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Will the redesign increase the value? What will have happen if we don't

Keep your currency till after the expiration of the change date. Then you will have your answer in black and white.

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by TolaniLuv: 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2022
socialmediaman:
Just like I keep wondering…

Why murder Funsho Williams? He was poised to win the Lagos Governorship election of 2007. Was it to avoid him uncovering massive corruption if he got elected?

Who ordered EndSars protesters to be shot at? Why bully and intimidate and even murder dissidents?

Dictators and oligarchs masquerading as democrats are a big obstacle to Nigeria's survival!

I don’t like nonsense!

Go and gang yourself in shame Ipob

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Buccalcavity2: 11:56pm On Oct 27, 2022
Ventura1:
Do you think as an individual you'll see a BDC that'll change even $50k for cash supplied in naira? And everything will go to your BVN linked accounts, even with separate banks? Mr Man, go and sit down and learn
No mind him. It's only daily lodgement report he thinks CBN and EFCC monitor on an account.
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by slivertongue: 12:02am On Oct 28, 2022
morgstreme:

Were you alive in 85
MOHRUN!!!!
SECONDARY SCHOOL &he was a disaster
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by ransomed: 12:09am On Oct 28, 2022
Nigerians, enjoy your change.
He promised you that he will bring everything down from top to bottom.
Baba is fulfilling his promise.
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Skty: 12:52am On Oct 28, 2022
Okealaaye:

You call your president a clown? You call an old man a clown? Where's your etiquette? Shows that your home training is inadequate.

Because he nor call am fuool?
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Skty: 12:53am On Oct 28, 2022
TolaniLuv:

Go and gang yourself in shame Ipob

We can repeat Lagos success in Nigeria” ~Tinubu

“Lagos is the 2nd worse place to live in the world.” ~Report

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Bigchristo: 1:04am On Oct 28, 2022
tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

It is extrapolated that by redesigning the currency , corrupt politicians , looters, kidnappers would be forced to bring out there share of 3 trillion not domiciled in banks

So what stops these people from changing their old naira notes to into dollars in bureau de change , wait for the new notes and change it back to the new notes

Someone school me pls
don’t mind those fools who accept such nonsense explanation, those who hold such an amount will equally give out for circulation before the new naira note comes out it will further worsen the crash of Naira because this time people holding such cash will be converting to dollars
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Kavod: 1:13am On Oct 28, 2022
Honjoshy4u:
Buhari/APC/Tinubu are massive failures.
The number of votes APC will get in 2023 will tell the number of insane people in Nigeria.
Sane Nigerians will never reinforce failure.
MAKE UNA USE WISDOM SHA.... GEJ CHANGE AM BECAUSE THEM DUPLICATE THE PLATES DE PRINT AM FOR THEIR HOUSE, AND THEM DE SELL THE SAME NAIRA TO DOLLAR AT A VERY HUMILIATING PRICE, OK THEN FIT CHANGE 1BILLION NAIRA FOR JUST $1MILLION. HENCE NAIRA IS BEEN WEAKENED AT A VERY RAPID PACE. OBI IS GOING TO ABIDE BY THE CONSTITUTION WHICH IS VERY FRAUDULENT. THERE IS LITTLE OR NOTHING HE CAN DO ABOUT IT, BECAUSE AT THE SENATE HE WONT HAVE 15% OF LOYALIST AND FROM A MINORITY TRIBE...... THAT SPELLS DOOM. REMEMBER WHEN GEJ SAID HE HAD TO BECAUSE THE RATE WAS TOO MUCH COMPARED TO PRINTING 10 NAIRA WHICH MATERIALS COSTS 20 NAIRA. YOU GET NOW? REMEMBER THAT HOUSE FOR ISLAND WHEN THEM SEE THOSE DOLLARS FOR CABINETS? THE NAIRA NEVER PRINT FINISH TO EXCHANGE BEFORE THEM CAST THE LOCATION. NA OUR MILITARY LEADERS DE DO AM. A VOTE FOR OBI IS A VOTE FOR OBJ AND BABANGIDA AND IN RETURN HE GO TENDER THE NEW PLATES TO THEM. UNA MUMU NEVER DO? WHITE MAN GO JUST FLY COME WITH 2$MILLION THEN FLY BACK WITH 6 BILLION NAIRA. NONE OFF THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES IS WORTHY ALL FROM DIFFERENT BRANCHES BUT THE SAME ROOT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by TolaniLuv: 1:51am On Oct 28, 2022
Skty:

We can repeat Lagos success in Nigeria” ~Tinubu

“Lagos is the 2nd worse place to live in the world.” ~Report

We Lagosians don’t think so. I believe if some people decide to go back to their state to do business and leave Lagos . The population will decrease and we can benefit from our states . But, too many people to see the work.

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Sammy5413(m): 1:54am On Oct 28, 2022
And for what reason,?
Shehu don't leave us hanging, some of us were not yet born then!
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Desusi: 2:04am On Oct 28, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Will the redesignf increase the value? What will have happen if we don't
Hmmm,l cannot understand the rational behind the changes. Would it boost the economy? Would the lives of peoples better? All this tactics are for their own belly. There's God ooo.!
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by lexy2014: 2:15am On Oct 28, 2022
morgstreme:

Because he was told a tale and not yet born or old enough to understand the times..
.are you MORONIC too

You still haven't answered the question. How does his being alive in 85 or not negate what he said?
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by lexy2014: 2:16am On Oct 28, 2022
Truthshscrazy:

Bhad! Last time l wanted to travel out & needed dollars urgently same day, Bank said no dollars ni. I was directed to one Bureau de change street in Abuja. Omo even ordinary mallam under tree without shop, in the cluster of streets was changing dollars to naira at exorbitant rates higher than official exchange rates to make killing profits. I literally lost count as every corner in the street to the next street was swarming with bureau de changers.

Simple if l have 20m in my geepee tank today, starting from tomorrow, Na to just visit minimum 5aboki each day with 500k -600k naira maximum to prevent raising suspicions of large sum, convert 2.5million total to dollars. Before 10 to 11 days , 20m don vamoose convert finish.

The mallams will even hoard the dollars from other regular black market customers ,tell them to go f* ck themselves say no dollars again ni; & give me top priority sef if say official black market rate is $1=800naira and l agree for them to use $1=1000naira for me.

What's the correlation between the above and this: Who told you that there's no dollar to change? Why will BDC not accept old notes?
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by saysugar(m): 2:55am On Oct 28, 2022
Lol when u form ur lies u will surely exclude peter obi in everything, he no Dey collect shishi grin that shows ur stupidity status
Brendaniel:
Buhari brought by Tinubu doing damage to Nigeria since 1984

Each time I remember that Peter obi is on ballot - I just get happy that we have a good option

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Cantonese: 3:31am On Oct 28, 2022
Alwaysready:
Ok

It's a CBN monetary policy aimed at stabilizing the Naira.

The CBN will always suggests ways in stabilizing the currency and sends to the president for approval. It's not him doing it after all,you all said he doesn't have a certificate . So,how come he knows the pros and cons of printing rebranding the naira.

They ,the CBN want to flush out 'blackmoney' and this is election period where those politicians have taken all the currency to a save haven to spend next year.

They will not be happy with this news because,all what they would have saved will be valueless come next year .

Check my sig & patronize us today

How does that change anything?

Now that everyone has been informed, all they need to do is to exchange their naira notes for the US dollars and store safely. When elections come, they exchange them for new naira notes. Do you not know that they do not even need to stress themselves. Abokis would bring the dollars to their homes/offices and then they would use the dollars, as they would be preferable for them and less cumbersome to carry.

Buhari simply created an avenue for some to line their pockets with money.

2 Likes

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by Cantonese: 3:34am On Oct 28, 2022
TolaniLuv:

We Lagosians don’t think so. I believe if some people decide to go back to their state to do business and leave Lagos . The population will decrease and we can benefit from our states . But, too many people to see the work.

And you are from Lagos state?

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by nighthawk1: 3:41am On Oct 28, 2022
tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

It is extrapolated that by redesigning the currency , corrupt politicians , looters, kidnappers would be forced to bring out there share of 3 trillion not domiciled in banks

So what stops these people from changing their old naira notes to into dollars in bureau de change , wait for the new notes and change it back to the new notes

Someone school me pls

No need. You have received your certificate before enrollment
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by sharone21(f): 3:47am On Oct 28, 2022
tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

Someone school me pls

And they only need to go to the Black market( especially road side) to do that in bits....May even go to Cotonou to change some to cfa first to reduce suspicion.
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by sharone21(f): 3:52am On Oct 28, 2022
Skyonebaba:
Changing of currency may not bring the solution to Nigeria's problem but it will help CBN alot , imagine what those that stacked billions of naira in their homes will do , just watch from next you will experience too much cash circulation and there will be scarcity of dollar

But CBN's boss created the problem( hoarding in dollars) in the first place when he got the Naira nose diving.

Let him solve the problem of devalued Naira because if after spending so much and the Naira is still at N300( N500 at parallel market), the same problem will be repeated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by VawulenceLover: 4:16am On Oct 28, 2022
socialmediaman:
Just like I keep wondering…

Why murder Funsho Williams? He was poised to win the Lagos Governorship election of 2007. Was it to avoid him uncovering massive corruption if he got elected?

Who ordered EndSars protesters to be shot at? Why bully and intimidate and even murder dissidents?

Dictators and oligarchs masquerading as democrats are a big obstacle to Nigeria's survival!

I don’t like nonsense!
shut up , no one got shot. The people that. Got shot should bring their families to proof. Abi you papa join for the people why they shoot?

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by BluntCrazeMan: 4:26am On Oct 28, 2022
tuoyoojo:
I need to be schooled

Someone school me pls
How much are in the hands of the BDC’s agents??

1 Like

Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by pat077: 5:02am On Oct 28, 2022
Winning123:
No BDC will do that as they Naira they collect will have to be taken to the bank to be changed. And if they do the bank will ask questions

what questions will the bank ask a licenced BDC?
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by edunaragold(f): 5:42am On Oct 28, 2022
slivertongue:
Shehu Sani simply meant Buhari wants to leave NIGERIA in the calamity like he did in 1985.
yet na the same Nigerians he ruled 1984 and was voted again by the people.
Re: He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani by tuoyoojo(m): 6:16am On Oct 28, 2022
tnerro1:

True, do you know that when this New VIO certificate or road worthiness came out, u couldn’t get it unless you took ur car to be inspected.

Today the VIO guy brought the certificate to my office without them even seeing the car grin

The big men who are insiders will provide loopholes to their cabal members, don’t be surprised they are in CBN working on it already
Nigerians!!! Sometimes leadership is a reflection of the followers.
We have this uncanny ability of trying to beat the system

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce Confirms Plane Crash Near Kaduna International Airport / Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. / President Buhari Smiling And Full Of Life In New Photos In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.