Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? (70596 Views)

Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 9:58am On Nov 06, 2022
OdefaGirl:

You can't deny you don't see what happens here especially on Nairaland..... This is racism at it's highest level..... The thought that someone you are supposed to regard as brother would turn to tag you all sorts of name and spit the hate on your face is worse than receiving that from a stranger.
You sef join them do am
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 9:59am On Nov 06, 2022
yahoodetector:
Most of the idióts who japaed from Nigeria from 2017 till date voted for this present administration and ran away.

May you all meet your Waterloo wherever you are if you are among them.
Na your money them use travel?
Wetin you talk no make sense... Why you too no travel... Them hold you
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 10:05am On Nov 06, 2022
koning:

Correct analysis, my guy. A chilled Gulder for you.

Someone once described living in the West as this: IT GIVES AN ILLUSION OF WEALTH TO CONCEAL POVERTY.
A very accurate description for many Africans in Europe, USA and Canada.
That statement is powerful

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by meobizy(f): 10:09am On Nov 06, 2022
All the topics concerning the matter in the travel section and this one is still asking questions. Na moderators kill this place no different from our leaders destroying the country.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 10:17am On Nov 06, 2022
Vietnaminfo:
Before traveling abroad, get a skill. You must be ready to work your ass off for your money. There is no free money on the street or on the tree. Forget about what people tell you. When you finally leave, you will have cause to have a rethink. Don't fall from frying pan into fire. Never you go to any country with visiting visa with the hope of hustling or staying back. If you are selling your property to come abroad as a student and think of making it, that is the joke of the year. Your 20 hours a week job, the salary will only be enough to pay house rent, tax, bus and train ticket and feed. If is work visa, I will tell you to travel but be rest assured that you must work for your money. A bird at hand worth more than 9 in the Bush. Many people abroad are waiting for Peter Obi to win election next year to start relocating back to Nigeria. Use your tongue and count your teeth.
Lolzzzz
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by maasoap(m): 10:22am On Nov 06, 2022
Bankowner:
I fail to understand your viewpoint.

Did I complain to anybody that being here, my standard of living is low? As long as I work and earn a living, the life I live isn't any different from that of a Canadian.

Good. No conversion is needed, that's the point
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 10:28am On Nov 06, 2022
acorntree:

It really worth it if you want to live a life of sanity. Nigeria is no longer habitable for normal, honest and hardworking individual. Those who claimed you can easily make it and build a house are mostly those who have been benefitting from the corrupt system. Many Nigerians now are into fraud, scamming and all sort of illegal things, so such kind of people don't see any sense in leaving the country. Please if you're below 40 and have the means to leave legally please do now before it will be too late. We that are over 40 now are regretting not taking those decisions then. To live comfortable in Nigeria is a huge task now, no where is safe, security is at lowest ebb now, health care is nothing to write about, standard of education is low, anything investment now is scam. Youth and those below 40 especially graduates in STEM field, my advice for you is to plan your life, so that you won't be entrapped like us who believe so much in this country only to be disappointed. If not for age and cost of leaving and settling in foreign land, I won't be in Nigeria. My children are grown up now
People making money are benefiting... Just stop abeg...
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 10:29am On Nov 06, 2022
acorntree:

But is his father at peace as he? The father can be kidnapping at any moment with no one to rescue him. Earning big salary in Nigeria is not the main thing now. Nigerians living above average life now are the main target of kidnapping, robbery etc. No sanity again. Even if you buy your security by employing personal guide, your life is still not safe
No place is safe abeg
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by maasoap(m): 10:30am On Nov 06, 2022
Remnita:
You dey wait for government you go old
No go find money comot for that useless country that has no single hope for youths

Some advice are not realistic, like yours. Not every youth who wants leave this country will be able to leave. Many have lost their savings trying to leave, many have lost their lives too.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 10:31am On Nov 06, 2022
gassbee:
wat if d son gets gunned down by those thugs thru gun violence
You dey mind am... Just giving excuses... Some are in Nigeria and they lived long while some that moved died in the other side they travelled ... Vice versa... People who stayed back or move are wealthy and also poor

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 10:32am On Nov 06, 2022
henrimoto:
.. Plus Effective, better health system & Effective system of governance. Effective rule of law.
Black lives matter... Person wey don die know if their is effective rule of law

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by MT: 10:36am On Nov 06, 2022
faceland:

If in your mind, Nigeria is safer, you should be happy, you are safe.

I think Nigeria is not safer. There are many ways to die here including guns.

I was only telling you that no where is safe in the world. Despite our challenges, we are safer than some western nation. Do you know how parents are scared when their kids go to school in the states.

It is not right to rubbish your nation at every opportunity when every country has its challenge.

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 10:39am On Nov 06, 2022
acorntree:

That situation is random with the probability of it happening very low because they have a proactive government. In Nigeria the probability of kidnapping his professor dad is very high. If the Dad can pass through ijebu ode-ibadan road or lagos-ibadan road in his Toyota Camry by 8pm to 5am successful, even to fix a flat tyre he has Gods protection over him
Alaiye stop lieing joor... If you in Nigeria why dem never kidnap u.. And if you are not then you saying what you dont know

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by maasoap(m): 10:39am On Nov 06, 2022
OdefaGirl:

What's the essence of your big man here if a storekeeper there can buy up your company here....
Do what suits you and let others live their fulfilled lives.
That someone Japa doesn't mean they can't be running big investments here and coming back home and traveling back again.

If you left your father's house for a better life anywhere in Nigeria, same thing for someone who left Nigeria to a country of their choice.

Some folks are here shouting racism, whereas tribalism is the order of the day in Nigeria.

Hypocrites!!!

The storekeeper there should try to buy up his boss company there. That's the point.
I know a man in my area who went to UK, went there since 2008. With all the "big man" display he puts up here anytime he's around, he's still doing night guard/security in addition to his day job.
I was still in school when he left, today I have 11 family men working under me. And yet, I'm in Nigeria. Not that I didn't try to japa too (I actually won USA visa in 2013), thank God that the process failed. I would have been working day and night too till now.
My point is that we should open our eyes, opportunity is still around us right here

5 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 10:46am On Nov 06, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

100.... If you know what this people had gone through to make their country what it is today ... Kudos to their ancestors... Most Nigerians don't like building
shameless skunks and sloths are they go there to enjoy what their fellow humans built. They don't have dignity at all

That's why when they racial profile them I don't pity them... They will still do crime there
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 10:49am On Nov 06, 2022
maasoap:

The storekeeper there should try to buy up his boss company there. That's the point.
I know a man in my area who went to UK, went there since 2008. With all the "big man" display he puts up here anytime he's around, he's still doing night guard/security in addition to his day job.
I was still in school when he left, today I have 11 family men working under me. And yet, I'm in Nigeria. Not that I didn't try to japa too (I actually won USA visa in 2013), thank God that the process failed. I would have been working day and night too till now.
My point is that we should open our eyes, opportunity is still around us right here
my friend is in UK since 2009 till date dude hasn't been able to come home or send a simple car....not even married. We are mates oooh

Today I have my own family, run my own firm... He is busy speaking cockney...

My kid is planning to enter uni in few years but this my dude never marry shaa

4 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 10:50am On Nov 06, 2022
sihamey:

The guy ask simply questions how can you help him migrate abroad and all you could tell him is to learn skill set and change job to save money and relocate for how many years he will achieve that
Most Nigerian Japa syndrome don’t have skill or money but borrow POF to Japa. They guy ask you for help because he sees you promoting Japa and you can’t assist him.
You are abroad are yet to tell us the reality on ground wink wink
Lolzzzz
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 10:52am On Nov 06, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Na person leave canada come start flutter wave here
I know many that came back and said they can't stand that rat race anymore... And they are doing fantastic here...

There is money here just that people aren't seeing it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 10:54am On Nov 06, 2022
Gerrard59:

Why should they return to a place of fewer economic opportunities? I don't understand you o. So a child raised to be an adult in the US should return to Nigeria after graduation? To do what? No one stops you as the parent from returning, I can understand it but expecting your child(ren) to do the same without looking at the economics does not make sense.

As for credit, people should see it as leverage, practice delayed gratification and understand a bit of economics. Don't go about getting credit to purchase liabilities or living a champagne lifestyle on a beer income.
that is the mentality fewer economic activities... That is the stupidity.
. Mechanics are building houses here.....

Nigeria is the biggest market in Africa... And that is huge opportunity for an intelligent man. A market that has over 200 million people exchanging hands is huge

Think

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 10:55am On Nov 06, 2022
gbengaeed:

please note, the dollar is 450 it's the black market that is 800+ and who buys from black market? They are the people who can't explain why they want dollars and most people usually sell to aboki rather than selling to bank at official rate. mean why, aboki is ready buy from you and sell to those who can't buy through bank at whatever rate he likes. Nigerians are the biggest enemy of Nigeria. It's more of the people and less of the policy.
God bless you ... Most people ain't really different from our leaders

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by maasoap(m): 10:55am On Nov 06, 2022
ariesbull:
my cousin is in London since 2007 till date dude hasn't been able to come home or send a simple car....not even married. We are mates oooh

Today I have my own family, run my own firm and drive an SUV thinking of expanding... He is busy speaking cockney...

My kid is planning to enter uni in few years but this my dude never marry shaa

That's it. I wasn't happy when I couldn't raise money for visa, medical and flight at the time. Like I wouldn't make it again in my life. Today, the story is different, all I do is supervision and management mostly through phone calls. Compare that with working my ass off day and night!

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 10:57am On Nov 06, 2022
faceland:

If in your mind, Nigeria is safer, you should be happy, you are safe.

I think Nigeria is not safer. There are many ways to die here including guns.
People only die by gunshot in America
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 11:00am On Nov 06, 2022
MT:

I was only telling you that no where is safe in the world. Despite our challenges, we are safer than some western nation. Do you know how parents are scared when their kids go to school in the states.

It is not right to rubbish your nation at every opportunity when every country has its challenge.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 11:01am On Nov 06, 2022
maasoap:

Am telling you
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 11:03am On Nov 06, 2022
maasoap:

That's it. I wasn't happy when I couldn't raise money for visa, medical and flight at the time. Like I wouldn't make it again in my life. Today, the story is different, all I do is supervision and management mostly through phone calls. Compare that with working my ass off day and night!
if you have been to Europe you will pity them... Thy work their ass off frok Monday to Monday different jobs till they are 60s and when they are 70s their kids dump them in old peoples homes.. They can't even live a decent life in old age... That is if the kids don't turn to druggie or some LGTBQ confused folks

My dear the big boy is when you travel to Europe and USA do business... Play around few weeks and come home... That is the definition of big boy

That is what folks are praying for

4 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 11:06am On Nov 06, 2022
ariesbull:
shameless skunks and sloths are they go there to enjoy what their fellow humans built. They don't have dignity at all

That's why when they racial profile them I don't pity them... They will still do crime there

Lolzzzs...
Watch a movie about a war between French and England ... Nottingham to be precise... These guys don fight war ooo ... To enjoy what they are enjoying as a citizen today ... Nigerians na to dey find cool place everytime without thinking about their future and culture... Most of our musicians abroad then had to come back and blow here before getting recognized globally ...
My own be anyone that japa should enjoy his life as them dey see am... Same with those that decided to stay too... It's all choice sha... But for me ooo... I should only travel for business purpose ...

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2022
ariesbull:
I know many that came back and said they can't stand that rat race anymore... And they are doing fantastic here...

There is money here just that people aren't seeing it
Nigeria is untapped ooo

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2022
ariesbull:
that is the mentality fewer economic activities... That is the stupidity.

I opened my firm about 4 yrs today I am thinking if expanding to ICT and cloud computing in Nigeria...

Nigeria is the biggest market in Africa... And that is huge opportunity for an intelligent man. A market that has over 200 million people exchanging hands is huge

Think
You dey para ooo
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:12am On Nov 06, 2022
Munamoqel:
we pay income tax Called payee if you truely ever worked you will know we also pay WHT ,CIT VAT ,stamp duty tax . This are all the tax we pay . And it automated . On Vat alone We collectively pay around 500 bn naira per month . NNPC has not remitted any money to govt so Nigeria is currently run on tax collection . From my 7m I shop in shorpite and pay 7,5 vat tax I also buy airline tickets and pay 10 percent as tax . 7m is 10000 USD =this the silly conversion una they do to feel
fulfilled . We have all been here . majority of oyinbo don't have 10000usd in their bank accounts and will take a African Migrant over 1 year of slave labour to save that after expense .

Oga you people should stop this cock and bull story. Majority of oyibo don't have 10000 USD in their bank account?

How do you know this? Tell me. You people talk all this nonsense about mortgage and loans, you think anybody can go to a bank and get any loan they want.

You dont know loans are means tested. When you see someone living in 2m dollar house, they put it in 20% of that money down to begin with which is 400k. Then what ever job they have must be able to cover three times the mortgage payment that is how mortgages are means tested. If you go to any major city in the world the majority of houses there are over 800K , from Melbourne, to Toronto, to New York and even Sydney.

Many Nigerian immigrants but houses that are at least 600K. 10% down is 60K which can build a house in most areas in Nigeria. After that down payment most of us pay a mortgage of nearly 3200 every month comfortably because banks will not give you a mortgage you can't pay comfortably. Again keep deceiving yourself but at least don't deceive people.

I don't have any issues with y'all saying these things to convince yourself you are better off in Nigeria but you are deceiving other Nigerians

I was being generous with the conversion, 7m is not up to 10000usd in the black market where majority of Nigerians buy dollars

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:15am On Nov 06, 2022
Munamoqel:
yarn who look like some pikin here . If you work in real oil and gas firm . Total upstream .star oil . Chevron .shell Mobil in Nigeria and resign to work as a factory worker abroad you must be MUMU of century . Oyinbo dey even hustle jobs for those companies in Nigeria . Tell your stories to babies .

Tell me you have never worked in oil and gas without saying you have not worked in oil and gas.

Oyibo is rushing to come and work in Nigeria, are you normal? All the companies you listed are foreign companies with offices around the world.

If you think that Chevron pays the most in the Nigerian office then I really have nothing else to say to you.

Most oyibos want to be alive and being in Nigeria endangers their lives. Use your head for one second
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Munamoqel: 11:20am On Nov 06, 2022
GeneralShepherd:

Tell me you have never worked in oil and gas without saying you have not worked in oil and gas.

Oyibo is rushing to come and work in Nigeria, are you normal? All the companies you listed are foreign companies with offices around the world.

If you think that Chevron pays the most in the Nigerian office then I really have nothing else to say to you.

Most oyibos want to be alive and being in Nigeria endangers their lives. Use your head for one second
really come to BIS lekki at closing hours and see the number of oyinbo kids closing from school . At last count their 24000 Brits resident in Nigeria . The oyinbo live a 7 star life style while working in oil exploration in Nigeria .go at look at the total building in ocean view eko hotel end where total staff they enjoy . With 7 star life standard only enjoyed by Arabian royal . Who dash oil worker for America driver ,house maid ,chef and body gaurd for america .

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:27am On Nov 06, 2022
Munamoqel:
really come to BIS lekki at closing hours and see the number of oyinbo kids closing from school . At last count their 24000 Brits resident in Nigeria . The oyinbo live a 7 star life style while working in oil exploration in Nigeria .go at look at the total building in ocean view eko hotel end where total staff they enjoy . With 7 star life standard only enjoyed by Arabian royal . Who dash oil worker for America driver ,house maid ,chef and body gaurd for america .

Have you ever heard of Saudi Arabia or Kuwait? Foreign oil and gas worker get all these things plus safety. You dont know anything about oil and gas oga.

Also why would you need a body guard when America is 10x safer than Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (43) (Reply)

Warri Wonder: Waste Disposal Vehicle Spotted In Warri Today / Man Strips Unclad On Plane, Watches Porn & Then Attacks Air Hostess In Malaysia / Ikenna Nweke: I Declined 10% Of Money I Found In Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.