Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. (56796 Views)

How I Made Chicken Stew Out Of The Blues. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by descarado: 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
pocohantas:

Lmao. Please never use even half of that quantity. Just very small. Ginger and turmeric can ruin a good meal in seconds if you let them. Garlic is a yes every time. Keep at it, you be top chef normally. grin
See how your typical naija non stick pot ends. Even ones used in cook shows on TV.

Lovely kitchen with horrible looking pots.

If I am privileged to enter that kitchen, I will throw all the pots away.

Whenever time permits me and if we are alive( maybe next yr) I will try and create thread on pots. Not everything china throw at us we should be buying. Sometimes made in Nigeria is better. In this case good old naija pots are better than these things.

4 Likes

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by descarado: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
CaveAdullam:

I didn't used all ginger, turmeric and garlic if you are referring to the ingredients on the tray. However, I will take the opinion of my judge and do better next time. "Na you go sha tell me how to run am in future".

Thanks.

PS: "Nor pass that street come back house tomorrow...e get why". Wicked judge.
You did very well.
Only the pots put me off.
Pls put your plates inside cabinets. They should not be sitting on the basket unless u just washed them. Your kitchen looks good. Get good artificial flower and put by the corner.
If you get non stick pot next time, resist using iron sponge and anything iron. It is very hard to maintain. Even to cook beef with bone in it is problem.
Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by sageb: 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
pocohantas:

Obviously he isn’t. I would have stoped him from using that much turmeric and ginger. The stew would taste like medicine.

I rate him 5. Most Nigerian men are 5 and below in cooking. This includes Tallesty.1.

What of channah1? The popular cook in Food section. what is your view about his cooking craft?
Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by brandsoncharlie: 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
descarado:

See how your typical naija non stick pot ends. Even ones used in cook shows on TV.

Whenever time permits me and if we are alive( maybe next yr) I will try and create thread on pots. Not everything china throw at us we should be buying. Sometimes made in Nigeria is better. In this case good old naija pots are better than these things.
Critique post your own let's see.

4 Likes

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by Channah1(f): 3:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
CaveAdullam:
In conclusion:

I hope I have been able to convinced the moderators: Mynd44, tjskii, MissyB3, Nlfpmod
Royalroy, Dominique.

And panel of judges...Channah1, et al.

And my co-chef: obagofizzy.

Thanks.

Ah! Oga mi.. you really tried.
Taking those little cooking details into consideration is what makes you a pro and you did all that. Kudos to you.

The finished product looks very good and inviting. Guy you really tried.

Husband material, 99.9 yards grin.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by CaveAdullam: 3:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
descarado:

You did very well.
Only the pots put me off.
Pls put your plates inside cabinets. They should not be sitting on the basket unless u just washed them. Your kitchen looks good. Get good artificial flower and put by the corner.
If you get non stick pot next time, resist using iron sponge and anything iron. It is very hard to maintain. Even to cook beef with bone in it is problem.

The lords of the kitchen has arrived.

I will do as notified asap. And for the pots...we wait on Jah. Good recommendation by the way.

I do appreciate your kind words. Promise to improve and do better.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by Channah1(f): 3:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
Sorry double post.

1 Like

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by Channah1(f): 3:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
sageb:

What of channah1? The popular cook in Food section. what is your view about his cooking craft?

I don run come view the delicious meal o. The guy try. No cap. The stew done well well enter body just the way I like it. I can only imagine how it will taste.

2 Likes

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by Channah1(f): 3:52pm On Oct 30, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

Critique post your own let's see.

Abi o.
They'll leave the topic of discussion and be spotting errors where there's non in your post.

Like they'll give you the money to buy the nonstick pot.

1 Like

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by pocohantas(f): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2022
@descarado. I don’t know why I can’t quote that your post.

Lol. While not all nonstick are of good quality, his pot ended up that way because of poor care. I have nonstick pots of low quality and only the first set looked like that.

I still love my nonstick for stewing and making semo. Picture attached is before/after I learned to stop using metal sponge or utensils on my pots. He would also learn from this post to care for them better. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by Mercury12(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2022
Wait did u blended all of that ginger and tumeric along with tomatoes and other spices.

I think the ginger is way too much. How does it taste like?
Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by folake4u(f): 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
Your kitchen is lovely. Love the combination of colours too.
Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by Romangalactic(m): 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2022
pocohantas:

Lol. While not all nonstick are of good quality, his pot ended up that way because of poor care. I have nonstick pots of low quality and only the first set looked like that.

I still love my nonstick for stewing and making semo. Picture attached is before/after I learned to stop using metal sponge or utensils on my pots. He would also learn from this post to care for them better. cheesy
you tok tew muchh
Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by pocohantas(f): 5:12pm On Oct 30, 2022
Romangalactic:

you tok tew muchh

You didn’t have to return with your idiocy. I would talk as much as I want. If it hurts you, log out. This is a FORUM - it is for talking too much.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by Romangalactic(m): 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2022
pocohantas:

You didn’t have to return with your idiocy. I would talk as much as I want. If it hurts you, log out. This is a FORUM - it is for talking too much.
d conceit in u can outstand a cripple,pun intendedgrin
Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by pocohantas(f): 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2022
Romangalactic:

d conceit in u can outstand a cripple,pun intendedgrin

You just came out of prison (lengthy ban) and rather than take your reformatory class serious or at least find a solution to your erectile dysfunction, so your fiancee can stop cheating - the first thing you do is give me 4 mentions in a minute. Then claim pun. Pun your head!

Ay-woo Gambia…

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by Romangalactic(m): 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
pocohantas:

You just came out of prison (lengthy ban) and rather than take your reformatory class serious or at least find a solution to your erectile dysfunction, so your fiancee can stop cheating - the first thing you do is give me 4 mentions in a minute. Then claim pun. Pun your head!

Ay-woo Gambia…
toki tokigrin
Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by pocohantas(f): 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
Romangalactic:

toki tokigrin

And e go dey pain you! grin grin

6 Likes

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by Romangalactic(m): 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2022
pocohantas:

And e go dey pain you! grin grin
e go jst dey funni me cos ur lyk those down syndrome kidz.always rambling incoherent unnecessary sturves wyle tinking she tokin sensegrin
Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by pocohantas(f): 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2022
Romangalactic:

e go jst dey funni me cos ur lyk those down syndrome kidz. always rambling incoherent unnecessary sturves wyle tinking she tokin sensegrin

I dey here for you. Even your fellow redpillers wouldn’t agree with you. Ask them when you get to your coven this night.

5 Likes

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by Romangalactic(m): 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2022
pocohantas:

I dey here for you. Even your fellow redpillers wouldn’t agree with you. Ask them when you get to your coven this night.
Stil incoherent.are yew gonna upload pic of ur hand or legs next grin
yew know pipo mst see u & see wot u haff naucheesy
Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by pocohantas(f): 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2022
Romangalactic:

Stil incoherent.are yew gonna upload pic of ur hand or legs next grin
yew know pipo mst see u & see wot u haff naucheesy

I am hot. If I weren’t, you wouldn’t dedicate a whole moniker to trolling me. Face it, I am HOT. Not even trying to be immodest here. I am HOT. I don’t need to upload face. I would only do that if Seuun would pay me for the traffic it would bring. So leave talk ehn.

3 Likes

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2022
CaveAdullam:

The lords of the kitchen has arrived.

I will do as notified asap. And for the pots...we wait on Jah. Good recommendation by the way.

I do appreciate your kind words. Promise to improve and do better.

Thanks.

From this picture attached, the turmeric stained your blender and if you don't act soon the stain might be permanent.
Fill the blender with water, add in a little washing liquid, add in a tablespoon of baking soda, roll the blender for few seconds. It turns foamy white, leave it overnight.

Roll the blender once more and wash off, the cup becomes as clear as new.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by CaveAdullam: 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

From this picture attached, the turmeric stained your blender and if you don't act soon the stain might be permanent.
Fill the blender with water, add in a little washing liquid, add in a tablespoon of baking powder, roll the blender for few seconds. It turns foamy white, leave it overnight.

Roll the blender once more and wash off, the cup becomes as clear as new.

Any alternative to the baking powder?

Thanks.
Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by Romangalactic(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
pocohantas:

I am hot. If I weren’t, you wouldn’t dedicate a whole moniker to trolling me. Face it, I am HOT. Not even trying to be immodest here. I am HOT. I don’t need to upload face. I would only do that if Seuun would pay me for the traffic it would bring. So leave talk ehn.
Yu forgot tew add a few adjectives to ur biocheesy
Ur hot & vain & conceited & insecure & properli full of shyte, nt even tryin tew be insulting heregrin
Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by pocohantas(f): 6:19pm On Oct 30, 2022
Romangalactic:

Yu forgot tew add a few adjectives to ur biocheesy
Ur hot & vain & conceited & insecure & properli full of shyte, nt even tryin tew be insulting heregrin

Keep crying. grin

3 Likes

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by ceeceeuwa: 6:47pm On Oct 30, 2022
descarado:

Do you have any particular brand you can recommend? I had same issues with mine. The knob on the lid always falls off first, followed by the black coating inside. I recently bought this 35 piece set by 'Nassar & farahat' .It's pricy though,but I haven't started using them.
Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by Potbellyman(m): 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2022
10/10
Op is a Rich Kid grin

1 Like

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by LogicBomb8: 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2022
Motivate my stomach infrastructure

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by doggedfighter(f): 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
pocohantas:

Are these same pots ?
Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by Munzy14(m): 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
CaveAdullam:
Yesterday a nairalander made our appetite wet. I love the combination of ingredients used in making the food and decided to make my fantasy become a reality and more spicy.

Type of meal: Rice, beans and stew. And salad.

Ingredients for the stew:
Thyme powder.
Curry powder.
Kitchen glory.
Sachet tomatoes.
Sliced tomatoes.
Blended tomatoes.
Sliced pepper.
Blended pepper.
Sliced onions.
Blended onions.
Whole ginger.
Whole garlic.
Whole turmeric - the owner of the color.
Pumpkin leaf.
Salt.
Knorr maggi.
Oil (red).
Chicken.
Spicity.
Onga.
Blended crayfish.
Whole crayfish.

Salad: Bama cream, cabbage, cucumber and carrot.

So...

Good day Mr moderators: Mynd44, tjskii, MissyB3.

And panel of judges...Channah1, ahnie, gloryhomemaker, pocohantas et al.

And my co-chef: obagofizzy.

Let the pics roll in 1, 2, 3. Go!

Happy Sunday.
Your ingredient list come long like university admission list.. grin grin

Wahala.

Ginger and turmeric lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. by Mindlog: 7:47pm On Oct 30, 2022
pocohantas:

Someone that puts ogiri in jollof rice. He will na say his female neighbors were begging him for one plate. grin grin

Ogiri in jollof rice makes it exotic. cheesy

Me dat add uziza powder to my boiling water, then add milk. cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What I Saw In A Pepsi Drink This Morning(photos) / I Love This Combo So So Much! This Combo Is My Cocaine! Won't feel Alright If... / A Dozen Tubers Of Yam I Bought For N7,000 In Ogun Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.