Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

740megawatts's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 740megawatts's Profile / 740megawatts's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
These arguments have got me laughing. Of a truth, if Marvel should release a movie which has dogs barking from the first act to the third act, Critics will score it 98% on RT. The monopoly of Disney is very real. I even read that they are about to buy 21st Century films...lol
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2017
Just in, Justice League online ticket sales crash Fandango site.
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
SMUAG:

Movie that's based on Norse Mythology, RAGNAROK, which encompass a total annihilation of gods vs gods is suppose to be gritty, somber and heartlessly dark and not some comedy galaxy-like stuff. Thor has become a joke, a stupid one indeed.

Zack's arc on humanized Superman and made him see and suffer the same things most human suffer in real term still resulting in them (critics) bashing the artistic and visual genius for doing so but quickly look the other way as Thor is been portrayed as a comedian (courtesy of Ultron ) lol.... THE CONSPIRACY IS REAL!!!!!!!
Organised screening for movies by Disney is a normal routine, bro. Those critics are loyal Disney fans; they are loyal to them and will always write good/excellent reviews for them. Warner Bros should wake up!
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
Troll alert!
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 2:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
Minemrys:

bros, nigeria and u.k are using the same time nah. Google am.
It depends on the season. It is only during summer season that Nigeria and UK have the same GMT because of daylight savings.
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
The last act in Justice League will most likely take place at the deserted site of Chernobyl, Russia. This is where the portal to Apokalips opens on Earth and the atmosphere turns red. I am sure Chernobyl was chosen to avoid critics complaints about collateral losses.
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2017
Zack Snyder will still have creative interests in the DCEU moving forward, according to WB. Although, I think he might be uninterested in directing any movies for DC for the next 3-4 years. He already has a war movie pencilled down after JL for WB. But we might therefore be seeing him as producer for upcoming DC projects.
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2017
Has anyone watched the recent animated DC live action, Batman and Harley Quinn? I don't really understand the ending? Anyone care to explain? I see Bruce Timm was trying to pull "The Killing Joke" ending.
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 12:46pm On Aug 12, 2017
Interesting discussions this morning. So, this DCEU has lost five movie directors under Geoff Johns? That's too sad. What could be the reason(s) though?
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 9:06am On Aug 09, 2017
Minemrys:

lol, JL that isn't out? Am telling you, these guys have already written their reviews. Birdman film c0mes to mind.
Warner Bros had better recruit friendly critics for screening, otherwise there are critics ready to demolish Justice League. Already, I am foreseeing phrases like too dark, too serious, tonally inconsistent, not as good as marvel's avengers and too much CGI.

1 Like

TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 7:35am On Aug 06, 2017
Minemrys:
Seriously, Wonder woman could hit 800 million $ at the box office.
With Japan box office, Wonder Woman should end between $804 and 808 million eventually.
TV/Movies / Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 740megawatts: 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2017
kay9:

Naa, they certainly don't have to. They're totally free to do their own thing. Curious though that besides Nolan's trilogy, the only other DCEU movie to garner enough critical reviews to compete with MCU's products is WW - a movie that basically followed the MCU origin template.
WW as an origin story was nowhere close to any Marvel origin story. It was very original in terms of depth, style, stakes, cinematography and narrative. As a matter of fact, all Marvel origin stories are always similar...lol. I watched a video where it was established that Dr Strange origin movie was 80% Iron Man origin movie. Heck, Marvel only repackaged the characters!
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 5:57am On Jul 29, 2017
I sense a new troll entity here @minemrys
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
TonySpike:
That's why I prefer Snyder's style, which is "show, not tell". This directorial principle means less banters and unnecessary conversation. The images, scenic compositions and facial actions tell the story. This is more realistic. A lot of directors use "Tell, not show", which is very boring. It's as good as listening to a radio drama instead.
Lol...this is an interesting take on filming. Love this...

1 Like

TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
Minemrys:
Am starting to think that after supes death, Bruce Wayne has been dividing his time btwn gotham and metropolis cos fr0m the trailer we heard news c0mmentaries fr0m gotham citizens saying batman no l0nger shows up as usual and crime in gotham has increased cos of this. What y'all think? Metropolis' Batman instead of the usual bat of gotham?
Yeah, there is a scene of Batman overlooking a city. That part of the city looks like ground zero of Metropolis. But I would rather think that Batman is spending more time on the recruitment of Justice League members. The last warning from Lex Luthor in BvS must have placed him on high alert.
TV/Movies / Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 740megawatts: 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2017
It is not a fake news that SM homecoming dropped by 73% based on Friday-Friday earnings. What is still unconfirmed is the weekend-weekend performance of 60%, which is just a market projection. By the end of today, we can have a better grasp of its weekend performance.
TV/Movies / Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 740megawatts: 8:21am On Jul 16, 2017
Spiderman homecoming records a 73% Friday-Friday drop. Quite a record...
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 9:23am On Jul 07, 2017
Minemrys:

aquaman footage? Pls no. Its like a year and 3 m0nths away.
Well, we got a Justice League footage from 2016 SDCC. So, nothing is impossible. It's just a footage, not a trailer. I hope DC has found a second movie entry for 2018. Maybe we'll get some news at this Comic Con.
Webmasters / Re: 6 Unwritten Rules Of The Internet by 740megawatts: 8:03am On Jun 29, 2017
An unknown rule of the internet is this:
Be careful of what you the internet. The internet never forgets. The internet remembers!

1 Like

TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 4:50pm On May 23, 2017
waywardpikin:

Just finished it. I agree!
Have you seen the alternate ending of injustice 2? Superman defeats batman and imprisons Supergirl. Very scary ending!
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 7:19pm On May 22, 2017
Minemrys:

i wish i could unsee them.
What have you to say about the grey colour filter used in this movie? This is Snyder's trademark in display. Some peeps will not be happy about this...
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 9:43pm On May 20, 2017
Minemrys:

Shazam!
Dude, did you watch the story arc for black adam in the injustice 2 story mode? Quite spectacular!
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 3:38pm On May 19, 2017
Gmajor:

Doesn't change the fact that the movie is Crap
There are millions of people like me around world that absolutely disagree with you. Not even after watching the 3 hour Ultimate edition.

1 Like

TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 9:19pm On May 16, 2017
HashtagMoniker:
saw it on YouTube, he was fighting against Deathstroke
Bro, what you saw on youtube is actually a scene from Batman Arkham games! It is a CGI fight essentially.
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 7:32am On May 16, 2017
Minemrys:
Rumors are that wonder woman is loved by the harsh critics...not that i care though
I can now safely say that Warner Bros has learnt the secrets of Disney. The secret is - ensure you invite only a handful of faithful and loyal critics to screen your movies. The review embargoes should be lifted by the end of this month. Good luck, wonder woman!
TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 11:40am On May 09, 2017
MJBOLT:
where did you download from

I've watched it also. It's a good story, for a DC animation. Try downloading it at Fzmovies, the quality is good enough.
Politics / Re: Nigerians React To The Release Of 82 Chibok Girls by 740megawatts: 4:04pm On May 07, 2017
Dozieson:
K
Bros, how far na? Na your guy be this o. #akindeko
Business / Re: Two CBN Directors Arrested For Forex Manipulation by 740megawatts: 12:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
All profiteers must be hanged! Enough said!

1 Like

TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
To me, Zack Snyder's directorial style is very unconventional and unique. He believes in less dialogues/convos, heavily laced with striking visual elements to replace dialogues and applying literary symbolism to convey messages. He makes his audiences seek information by thoroughly analysing visuals in his movie over and over again. His style of directing is more of a subjective art, turning each scene in his movies into a framed painting. Unfortunately, we are in a movie age where audiences rely heavily on dialogues to tell movie stories. Thus, visual dialogues are aberrations to the movie viewers, a boring activity, so to say. As for me, I admire Snyder's work. My subjective opinion though.

2 Likes

TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2017
Minemrys:

lets hope Barry Allen is fast enough to beat the list. [in Eobard Wells' voice] "run barry, run" <CWflash music then goes on> 'my name is barry allen and am the...fastest movie alive'
Gotham City Sirens might be selected eventually. They have a director, David Ayer, and some of the cast are ready also. I'm not sure if the script is ready though...

1 Like

TV/Movies / Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
TonySpike:
Not clear though but this is a test footage of an Aquaman scene in Justice League released by Zack Snyder yesterday. Beautiful underwater motion by Aquaman with Amazing CGI.

Wow, this is beautiful and stunning. Aquaman underwater scene. I'm geeking out here! The hype is real! Trailer should be released ASAP!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.