Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (31813 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by aljharem3: 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2011
seedord247:

dem don come with lies again oooo  . . .  professor Ode can you prove that to us?

Lol this people are big lairs  grin grin grin they just spwe out rubbish

afam4eva:

You've not been to Onitsha so you won't understand. I wonder how people breathe in that city. It's even more choked up than Lagos. Almost every building is close to another.

onitsha is a town in anambra so no comparism to lagos STATE

isele eko or marina alone have more building than ontisha

not to talk of kano town, warri etc
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by aljharem3: 7:36pm On Aug 22, 2011
afam4eva:

Anything you don't know just ask questions. You've never been to Onitsha before, so chill.

mr afam so how did onitsha get the highest building in AFRICA
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by okstol: 7:37pm On Aug 22, 2011
@Mallam Boko Haram, apart from lagos and maidugristan, where else have u been to in naija? U always jump into threads just for d sake of it. Plz do make use of brain at times.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 7:38pm On Aug 22, 2011
alj_harem:

mr afam so how did onitsha get the highest building in AFRICA
Who said Onitsha has the highest building in Africa. That belongs to lagos.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by seedord247(m): 7:39pm On Aug 22, 2011
afam4eva:

You've not been to Onitsha so you won't understand. I wonder how people breathe in that city. It's even more choked up than Lagos. Almost every building is close to another.

And You have that was born and bread up in onitsha can you give us a source to that.  . . .

and more also have you8 been to Idumota, Isale eko, marina?
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2011
i said it before, now u ibo pipo are beginnin to open your asss. Tellin lies here there!!! I do not hate ibo pipo, infact i love their hustlin spirit but they are very good liars!! Dem dey lie for state!!!!
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 7:42pm On Aug 22, 2011
seedord247:

And You have that was born and bread up in onitsha can you give us a source to that.  . . .

and more also have you8 been to Idumota, Isale eko, marina?

Dude, i live in lagos and i'm more familiar about lagos than any place else.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2011
afam4eva:

hey u!!!!! Sharrrrraaaaaap there my friend! Where u knw for eko?
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2011
Boyloaf:

i said it before, now u ibo pipo are beginnin to open your asss. Tellin lies here there!!! I do not hate ibo pipo, infact i love their hustlin spirit but they are very good liars!! Dem dey lie for state!!!!

Pls let's clear the air right now> let's know the lies that you've been alluding to all along. Pls just state them here and tell us why you think they're lies. Thanks in advance.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 22, 2011
afam4eva:

Pls let's clear the air right now> let's know the lies that you've been alluding to all along. Pls just state them here and tell us why you think they're lies. Thanks in advance.
i say sharrap!!! U deaf?
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by okstol: 7:46pm On Aug 22, 2011
@Agege bread, u can hawk cement for holdup for all I care. Abeg which state u come from sef?
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2011
Boyloaf:

hey u!!!!! Sharrrrraaaaaap there my friend! Where u knw for eko?

Boyloaf:

i say sharrap!!! U deaf?

To think you're one of the people we call graduates. What exactly do you have to offer you prospective employer. You're definitely not going far in life with this mentality. You're as childish as they come.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by seedord247(m): 7:51pm On Aug 22, 2011
afam4eva:

I don't think so. . . . even all those Igbo boyz that come to lagos this year cannot talk like this.

You said you wonder how pple breath in onitsha abi?

have you been to Toyota ladipo, Mushin Olosha, mazamaza, yaba, balogun market just to name a few.

If you have been to this place you ought to know that lagos is continent not a state.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2011
seedord247:

I don't think so. . . . even all those Igbo boyz that come lagos this year cannot talk like this.

have you been to Toyota ladipo, Mushin Olosha, mazama, yaba, balogun market just to name a few.

If you have been to this place you ought to know that lagos is continent not a state.
thank u sir!!!! @afam u dey hear! Ibo goat!!!!
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2011
seedord247:

I don't think so. . . . even all those Igbo boyz that come lagos this year cannot talk like this.

have you been to Toyota ladipo, Mushin Olosha, mazama, yaba, balogun market just to name a few.

Have you finished naming them? I don chop lagos. There's virtually nowhere i don't know in lagos. Try harder.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
Boyloaf:

thank u sir!!!! @afam u dey hear! Ibo goat!!!!

You're a demented goat-like dog and a waste of space. Your type belongs to Yaba psychia. If you don't have any knowledgeable thing to say just shut your face. You're a disgrace to your family and whichever institution that called you a student.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by seedord247(m): 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2011
even ordinary Ajegunle is more developed than that so call Anambra bcus i know this is were most of the Igbo in lagos are situated.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2011
seedord247:

even ordinary Ajegunle is more developed than that so call Anambra bcus i know this is were most of the Igbo in lagos are situated.

You're right. 80% of Igbos in lagos live in Ajegunle grin grin grin
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by prettyboi1(m): 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
where the hell is abuja on some people's list?
anyways,for me, it's :
1. Abuja
2. Lagos
3. Cross-rivers (even though I haven't been here yet,but I've heard things & I've seen tonnes & tonnes of pix of calabar,so I'm guessing this puts it on this list.)
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by marcus1234: 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2011
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by nadneth: 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2011
Nobody is saying Onitsha has more building than Lagos, but when it comes to concentration (number of buildings within a given space), then Lagos is no where close to Onitsha. Pls you guys should be civil and stop insulting others and making tribal remarks.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by software(m): 8:19pm On Aug 22, 2011
my village
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by okstol: 8:26pm On Aug 22, 2011
@Nadneth, may ur days be long o jare. Plz, for d sake of those with wrong comprehension, op is talking about state and not city. If he was talking about cities, Onitsha might not be in d top ten. Cross rivers state has only one city which is calabar. Understanding the question is the fulcrum of d answer. Na waao for some people o
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by GAR3TH(m): 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2011
What constitutes development. Road and planting flowers are not development, at least they are not the only things that constitute development. You also have to take into account income per capita (salaries) and the total GDP (taxable), ability to find a job, life expectancy, the rate of literacy and education, access to health care and hospital, emergency services such as fire and ambulances, ability to start a business and business environments, cost of living, access to potable water, electricity, sewage, waste disposal, security, drainage, law enforcement, rules and regulations, Socail development such as welfare etc, housing and much more.

At the end of it all Roads don't constitute development, a state gov can build the most road in the world and its citizens will still be living in slums.

As for Nigeria no state even comes close to development, its only the FCT Abuja that could be called develop.

I remember I made a ranking system before and it went like this, from most develop in Nigeria to least.

Abuja (10/10), Lagos (1/10), Cross rivers (0.5/10), the rest (0.5>/10)
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by phantom(m): 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2011
afam, you have forgotten that portharcourt as it is comprises, PH lga,obioakpor,eleme,ikwerre lga and oyigbo, The original portharcourt starts at"town" and ends at around UST, "Portharcourt" in the real sense can no longer be defined,
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 9:11pm On Aug 22, 2011
GAR3TH:

What constitutes development. Road and planting flowers are not development, at least they are not the only things that constitute development. You also have to take into account income per capita (salaries) and the total GDP (taxable), ability to find a job, life expectancy, the rate of literacy and education, access to health care and hospital, emergency services such as fire and ambulances, ability to start a business and business environments, cost of living, access to potable water, electricity, sewage, waste disposal, security, drainage, law enforcement, rules and regulations, Socail development such as welfare etc, housing and much more.

At the end of it all Roads don't constitute development, a state gov can build the most road in the world and its citizens will still be living in slums.

As for Nigeria no state even comes close to development, its only the FCT Abuja that could be called develop.

I remember I made a ranking system before and it went like this, from most develop in Nigeria to least.

While I agree with some part of your post, I disagree on the part where you defined "development". Development on a general scale of things are efforts that improve in people "Standard of living" and some off the things you listed certainly doesn't fit the bill. To consider economic development, you have to consider infrastructure (Road network accessibility, etc ), employment (income distribution ), GDP competitiveness (goods production and services offered), health and environment sustainability (clean, neat environment, et al). These are the major core of development, what makes standard of living improved. There are standards and stages of development as economics taught us; there's no city with 100% economic balance, I think it's unfair to assert that there isn't development going on in these cities.

Like most have testified, they have good (maybe not perfect) infrastructure that include good road networks which is easily accessible by car, foot, or bike or bicycle. Employment and income distribution is fair amongst earners based upon what the standard is although there might be a lil disparity based upon the cost of living. Also, these cities boast of development of their own, they have small business, they boast of production, manufacturing, (raw material and labor or human capital), which is increasing GDP. These states have taken upon themselves to be environmental friendly and conscious, if the environment is clean or perhaps a good portion is clean, it means that literacy level amongst people are increasing, people are taking a different approach and pattern to care for their environment.

Brother to sum it all up, it might NOT BE what you're defining as developed, but at least they are on the right path to success. @OP, I don't know but I guess I'm amazed by responses I see on here; this certainly means that changes are here but certainly, we are improving. As for the people insulting, yall need to quit it, there really isn't any need to rain abuses just because you don't like what is being said or simply biased.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by GAR3TH(m): 9:21pm On Aug 22, 2011
manny4life:

While I agree with some part of your post, I disagree on the part where you defined "development". Development on a general scale of things are efforts that improve in people "Standard of living" and some off the things you listed certainly doesn't fit the bill. To consider economic development, you have to consider infrastructure (Road network accessibility, etc ), employment (income distribution ), GDP competitiveness (goods production and services offered), health and environment sustainability (clean, neat environment, et al). These are the major core of development, what makes standard of living improved. There are standards and stages of development as economics taught us; there's no city with 100% economic balance, I think it's unfair to assert that there isn't development going on in these cities.

Like most have testified, they have good (maybe not perfect) infrastructure that include good road networks which is easily accessible by car, foot, or bike or bicycle. Employment and income distribution is fair amongst earners based upon what the standard is although there might be a lil disparity based upon the cost of living. Also, these cities boast of development of their own, they have small business, they boast of production, manufacturing, (raw material and labor or human capital), which is increasing GDP. These states have taken upon themselves to be environmental friendly and conscious, if the environment is clean or perhaps a good portion is clean, it means that literacy level amongst people are increasing, people are taking a different approach and pattern to care for their environment.

Brother to sum it all up, it might NOT BE what you're defining as developed, but at least they are on the right path to success. @OP, I don't know but I guess I'm amazed by responses I see on here; this certainly means that changes are here but certainly, we are improving. As for the people insulting, yall need to quit it, there really isn't any need to rain abuses just because you don't like what is being said or simply biased.

True, I understand smiley
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Beaf: 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2011
okstol: @Beaf, maybe na Uduaghan dey use dat  your yeye data dey deceive una. As for Boyloaf, its a pity dat u are serving coz as a graduate u lack basic comprehension.  

Oga, why you de doubt na?
That data is reliable. There is even UN and other high quality source data that shows Delta performing equal to or better than even Lagos for certain development indices.

Its going to get even better.
In the very near future when the gas revolution fully takes off, both Delta and Bayelsa (rural as it is) will very likely sweep past Lagos in development terms. A lot of big things are quietly happening in both states; Delta just attracted $16billion as part of the investment in the gas revolution that is going to become the new driver for the Nigerian economy.  For comparison, $16billion is almost a whopping 60% of the entire 2011 Nigerian budget.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201107280466.html
http://allafrica.com/stories/201108020871.html

Anyways, Lagos will be getting some of the gas infrastructure too, so we'll see some lovely competition in the next 5 years; but you can take it for granted that Delta will overtake Rivers at the very least to become the second developed.

Up de'ta! grin
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2011
GAR3TH:

this was my exact pick and these bloody and silly ibo bois no wan let man pikin hear word oh!!! Hmm na wa for ibo pipo. Always claimin sharpness in dullness!!
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by ibehkc(m): 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2011
When talking about development, meaningful growth should be put in considered. Am currently in delta, delta ve developed towns and cities but they re not growing. With towns like oghara,ughelli,sapele,effurun,warri,asaba kwalle and so many other.but wit all this, their youth choose to be so lazy waitin for 'deve' kaduna and kano re also well developed, rivers ve developed towns but. To me i choose lagos, kano,anambra,rivers,delta,imo. Ve traveled to 12states and still gonna do more to beat my dad's record
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by ibehkc(m): 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2011
When talking about development, meaningful growth should be put in considered. Am currently in delta, delta ve developed towns and cities but they re not growing. With towns like oghara,ughelli,sapele,effurun,warri,asaba kwalle and so many other.but wit all this, their youth choose to be so lazy waitin for 'deve' kaduna and kano re also well developed, rivers ve developed towns but. To me i choose lagos, kano,anambra,rivers,delta,imo. Ve traveled to 12states and still gonna do more to beat my dad's record
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Beaf: 9:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
^
Well done with your determination to travel, its really good to do that.
I too have been everywhere in Nigeria apart from Akwa-Ibom and Cross River. I know every other state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill / Letter To President Buhari Warns Against EFCC Boss Lamorde And Senator Akpabio / Dino Melaye And Children At CNN Headquarter (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.