Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (31815 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 8:30pm On Aug 23, 2011
I wonder oo. Pls what other city is developed in Kano apart from Kano city.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by aljharem3: 8:40pm On Aug 23, 2011
chino11:

^^

Alhaji, now your back on track, your being quite un-biased. But why not this way round, because am sure Anambra is ahead of Ogun and Kano with number of economic advantages, e.g: Onitsha Port, biggest commercial/economic market in West African sub-region, Nnewi also being industrial hub of the SE/SS e.g( Vehicle Manufacturing/mechanical companies) :

rivers, anambra, ogun, kano, delta, cross river

ok lets follow ur list as i have not been to ever square inch of anambra
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by aljharem3: 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2011
Toaskarity:

i wonder how kano better than delta angry

Lol i am talking based on population, migration, market size, etc not just infrastrutures
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2011
The thread is about infrastructure and not population.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by aljharem3: 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2011
afam4eva:

The thread is about infrastructure and not population.

i thought it was about development which inculdes infrastruture, IGR, population, sustainable etc not population per-say
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by cantell(m): 8:46pm On Aug 23, 2011
alj_harem:

ok lets follow your list as i have not been to ever square inch of anambra

No, you haven't been to Anambra.
Passing thru is quite different.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2011
^
Alhaji is right, he used 4 developmental parameters for his analysis: vis a vis:

population, migration, market size, infrastrutures
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2011
alj_harem:

Lol i am talking based on population, migration, market size, etc not just infrastrutures
is population only about development? then kano is more develop than lagos cos last i check, nigeria said its the most populated state in naija( cant imagine this)
brother, if talkof market:have you been to warri? do you know that some nollywood movies are more of asaba than any other ss se city(i dont know if in nigeria,if this can be business) but i believe somehow.
migration? who want to be stoned for wearing trousers  grin lol (just joking shaa) but ppl dont migrate to kano than delta, i doubt that also!
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2011
^
Alhaji is right, he used 4 developmental parameters for his analysis: vis a vis:

population, migration, market size, infrastrutures, which made Anambra to actually top the list.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^ chino. ok, you really want ur anambra first!
who told u ppl migrate to anambra than rivers?
who told you that onitsha population is higher than port?
who told infrastructure is more in anambra?(or u depend on those promised infrastructure which isnt due yet!)?

nwannem, jiri ya nwayoo, o bukwa nwa otu onicha ka m bu!,rapuchaa na anyi jere icho ihe aga etinye n'afo na mba! amam anambra nke oma likewise you. atimes ka anyi n'ekwu eziokwu.
anyway kedu maka obodo?
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Yeske2(m): 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2011
@Chino, take it easy, nwanna abu kwam nwa-afor Anambra, bi kwa na Onitsha but don't you think you're going too tough on this topic?
@toaskarity, ibu nwa-afor Anambra?
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^

Nwanne mmanu, Izu Awka, Otu Onicha bu unom. We all awaits your return for the festive season  grin grin
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2011
Ok Toaskarity, Yeske, anugom ife unu kwuru, Igbo mma mma nu. Ndi be anyi e kene mu unu oo
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2011
Yeske!:

@Chino, take it easy, nwanna abu kwam nwa-afor Anambra, bi kwa na Onitsha but don't you think you're going too tough on this topic?
@toaskarity, ibu nwa-afor Anambra?
ofuma, ebi'm na nkpor tupu njee icho ihe afo ga eri wink abum ezigbo nwa afo, abum onye oko(u know okopoly) near ekwulobia mana amuru mu na onicha, ga akwukwo n'awka,,
kedu kwanu? cool

@chino, dalu nke oma cool
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^

Nwanna, abum onye Uga. Oko n' Uga bu nwanne. Mana Uga n' anyi ajo aru. grin grin
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2011
afam4eva:

Abeg remove rivers from that list.Apart from PH, that state is dead.

you are wrong brother.Eleme has two refineries,one is the largest in Africa.One petro-chemical plant,Power generation plant,The second largest Port in Nigeria and fertilizer plant.What about Omoku?What of Obigbo?What of Bonny the largest oil export terminal in Africa which also houses the largest LNG plant?Three of those 4 cities generate more than almost every other Nigerian city apart from Lagos.

I deliberately removed Rivers and Delta because much of the industries there are oil and hence makes their economy very much like microcosm of Nigeria.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2011
chino11:

^^

Nwanna, abum onye Uga. Oko n' Uga bu nwanne. Mana Uga n' anyi ajo aru. grin grin
uh! uga! amam uga nke oma! so uga n'anyi ajo aru? echem noo ndi aroizuogu bu ndi n'anyi ajo aru
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
Abagworo:

you are wrong brother.Eleme has two refineries,one is the largest in Africa.One petro-chemical plant,Power generation plant,The second largest Port in Nigeria and fertilizer plant.What about Omoku?What of Obigbo?What of Bonny the largest oil export terminal in Africa which also houses the largest LNG plant?Three of those 4 cities generate more than almost every other Nigerian city apart from Lagos.

I deliberately removed Rivers and Delta because much of the industries there are oil and hence makes their economy very much like microcosm of Nigeria.
niger delta are the next place to set the pace only if they utilize the opportunity now! just that they dont look besides oil. which will be frustrating someday if they dont utilize it!
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by gidson1: 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2011
After lagos the next is rivers, rivers has got much more developed towns spreading into port harcourt, just as abagworo said, we have, ph, onne, obigbo, eleme, bonny and many more, after lagos the next is rivers

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2011
No, I mean, Uga nwelu mmadu. Political heavy weights. grin
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Desyree: 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2011
Delta was alive with Ibori. despite his love for money, the truth is that he turned the state around for good. with this present governor, the state is worse than he met it.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Desyree: 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2011
lagos state followed by anambra, delta, rivers
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Yeske2(m): 12:35am On Aug 24, 2011
Toaskarity:

ofuma, ebi'm na nkpor tupu njee icho ihe afo ga eri wink abum ezigbo nwa afo, abum onye oko(u know okopoly) near ekwulobia mana amuru mu na onicha, ga akwukwo n'awka,,
kedu kwanu? cool

@chino, dalu nke oma cool
Ndi banyi ekenem unu. Abu m onye Nibo. Igbo mmamma nu
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Myluv1: 1:13am On Aug 24, 2011
Abagworo:

At least you are heeding to the rules- mentioning the individual cities/towns, it helps esp. if someone needs to argue.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by tpia5: 2:55am On Aug 24, 2011
offtopic

people just mispell yoruba [been going on for some months now], but its funny how nobody seems to care.

did the mispellers notice that?

cos i think they feel they're striking a blow for someone or something?
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 4:05am On Aug 24, 2011
@ Abagoro
I think eleme is becoming or is already part of PH, so it should'nt be counted as a seperate city. Port-hacourt is developing rapidly thus incorporating other towns into it. What we kno as port-hacourt today is made up of towns.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 7:14am On Aug 24, 2011
afam4eva:

@ Abagoro
I think eleme is becoming or is already part of PH, so it should'nt be counted as a seperate city. Port-hacourt is developing rapidly thus incorporating other towns into it. What we kno as port-hacourt today is made up of towns.

True in the larger sense of it to an outsider but to a Rivers man,they are different.If you include all of Rivers as Port-Harcourt,then it becomes the largest city in Nigeria.At least in landmass.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 8:51am On Aug 24, 2011
Eleme is not even developed. That you have companies there does not make it developed.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 9:40am On Aug 24, 2011
afam4eva:

Eleme is not even developed. That you have companies there does not make it developed.

What then is development?Maybe you meant to state "urbanised".The same mistake most Nigerians make in defining development.Eleme is now very urbanised.Some people might even mistaken it as Port Harcourt(Akpajo is an example).Alesa is urban,Nchia and Onne.

Eleme alone generates more income for the country than some States while housing some of the most important industries in Africa.What other aspect of development is required does it lacks?
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by PonDonCras(m): 10:24am On Aug 24, 2011
considering the amount Rivers State generates, i dont think it should be in that list. but to` correct a fact. Port harcourt comprised of Port Harcourt City LGA, Obio Akpor LGA, and Oyigbo LGA and with the development of Greater Port Harcourt City which spans Six (6) LGA may be Rivers State should be included after the development of Greater PHC.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 1:09pm On Aug 24, 2011
PonDonCras:

considering the amount Rivers State generates, i dont think it should be in that list. but to` correct a fact. Port harcourt comprised of Port Harcourt City LGA, Obio Akpor LGA, and Oyigbo LGA and with the development of Greater Port Harcourt City which spans Six (6) LGA may be Rivers State should be included after the development of Greater PHC.

Oyigbo is not Port-Harcourt.It is a different neighbouring town comprising of people related more to Abia than Rivers.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by phantom(m): 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2011
Abagworo:

to
thank you, They forget that the portharcourt they call one city state is made up of up to 5 LGAs out of the 23, now apart from Portharcourt as it is now,you have bonny that houses LNG, bori is another centre, ahoada is another, oyigbo is another, RIVERS state would have long expanded to the state lagos is in now if not for the different water bodies dividing the state.Even at that the riverine towns are developing even without a link to portharcourt.I have friends who live and do business in buguma,
My take is 1.Lagos 2.Rivers 3.Delta 4.Anambara

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Bails Northerners Arrested In Lagos Mile 12 Crisis (Photos) / Fayose In Convocation Gown At EKSU Convocation Ceremony(pics) / Biafra Sit-at-home! See How We Celebrated Our Sit-at-home In Our Compound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.