Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,136 members, 7,835,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (31811 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2011
This is gettin really funny! I'm nt suprised dis thread is now a battlefield for d liberation of ANAMBRA state!! Ibo pipo worship anambra and they see d state as thier headquaters hence they r nt ready to giv up and accept d fact dt d entire SE is far behind and lack development because 90% of her politians r corrupt and instead of deliverin dividend of democracy to d pipo of d region they (d politicians) bring in their experience in business and marketin and turn d seat of power to a business venture! This is d major problem facin the SE! Instead of her young generation to rise up and refuse their future frm been traded away by their politicians, they are here arguin and whinning over a non issue! Its a big shame! Anambra is nt developed! Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2011
this is meant to further drive home my point! Nor be me write am oh!!! www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/opinion/2011/aug/23/opinion-23-08-2011-002.html
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 5:53pm On Aug 23, 2011
How has Anambra fared on Obi’s watch? As you are reading this article, no state government-owned health facility has opened in the last eight months because doctors, pharmacists, nurses, laboratory scientists and other health workers have been on strike over pay. My own people in Ihiala Local Government Area are a bit lucky; they go daily to health centres and hospitals in neighbouring Imo State for immunization and general medicare. For four months until the second week of July, 2011, no courts in Anambra State sat. Why? The workers were on strike over pay. Anambra enjoys the distinction of being the only state in the whole federation where the people, including those in Government House, have not enjoyed pipe-borne water for at least five years. Employees of the state water corporation have not received salaries in at least as many years. My own uncle, Pius Nwabugwu, a 1973 geology graduate of the University of Ibadan who voluntarily left the services of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to work for his home state, died last year without salary, gratuity or pension.

The situation in my home state tries men’s souls, to paraphrase the Great Zik of Africa. The situation challenges the conscience of the media, civil society and all those who can say no to sacrilege. A couple of weeks ago when I wrote a well circulated article calling attention to the abysmal state of roads in Ihiala, the fourth largest town in the state, and complained of the unjustifiable relocation of the state’s university from a place which represents Africa’s technological ingenuity as demonstrated during the Nigerian civil war of 1967-70, the state government went into a frenzy of puerile denial, name calling and braggadocio, leading critics to conclude that it may be afflicted by schizophrenic paranoia.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by ak47mann(m): 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
Enterprise Bank Team Visits Governor Obi

23 Aug 2011

Font Size: a / A
2308F03.-Team-Visits-Obi.jpg - 2308F03.-Team-Visits-Obi.jpg

Enterprise Group with its Managing Director, Mr. Ahmed Kuru.

Wiith the successful acquisition of three banks, Afribank Plc, Bank PHB Plc and Spring Bank Plc, which has been rebranded as Mainstreet, Keystone and Enterprise Bank, respectively by the Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON), the new management of the banks have hit the road in search of business.

The team made a courtesy visit to Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State last Saturday. The group was led by its Managing Director, Mr. Ahmed Kuru.

Tags: News, Nigeria, Enterprise Bank

thisday newspaper
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by htajz: 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
if your not from lagos,rivers,delta,ogun i dont think you have the right to talk about anambra, thats my own pick.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2011
Abagworo:

How has Anambra fared on Obi’s watch? As you are reading this article, no state government-owned health facility has opened in the last eight months because doctors, pharmacists, nurses, laboratory scientists and other health workers have been on strike over pay. My own people in Ihiala Local Government Area are a bit lucky; they go daily to health centres and hospitals in neighbouring Imo State for immunization and general medicare. For four months until the second week of July, 2011, no courts in Anambra State sat. Why? The workers were on strike over pay. Anambra enjoys the distinction of being the only state in the whole federation where the people, including those in Government House, have not enjoyed pipe-borne water for at least five years. Employees of the state water corporation have not received salaries in at least as many years. My own uncle, Pius Nwabugwu, a 1973 geology graduate of the University of Ibadan who voluntarily left the services of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to work for his home state, died last year without salary, gratuity or pension.

The situation in my home state tries men’s souls, to paraphrase the Great Zik of Africa. The situation challenges the conscience of the media, civil society and all those who can say no to sacrilege. A couple of weeks ago when I wrote a well circulated article calling attention to the abysmal state of roads in Ihiala, the fourth largest town in the state, and complained of the unjustifiable relocation of the state’s university from a place which represents Africa’s technological ingenuity as demonstrated during the Nigerian civil war of 1967-70, the state government went into a frenzy of puerile denial, name calling and braggadocio, leading critics to conclude that it may be afflicted by schizophrenic paranoia.

You are actually derailing this thread, by posting propagandistic report from sun newspaper freekick. If we start posting the ills in your imo state NL will not contain it. Do you remember the promises of ohakin the criminal, oguta wonder lake, oak royal refinery, dredging of nwaorie river all in your imo state. Ohakin used all this conduit to siphone money from imo state. Go to Anambra today things are happening, from Sabmiller plant (South Africa) in Onitsha to Power plant to Onitsha port to ongoing construction of International Cargo Airport to Oil and Gas refinery(Orient Petroleun) . Infact its even an insult comparing Anambra to a mere Imo state. Mention one project that is ongoing in Imo state, not one, then how can you say that your state Imo is anywhere near Anambra in terms of greatness. Even the new banks are already storming Anambra for recognition, this shows a state that has vibrancy unlike some back yard state as Imo state
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Yeske2(m): 7:17pm On Aug 23, 2011
Abagworo:

Going by your logic,an Anambra man should not be living in Imo or Rivers State.Could you please explain why they are all over the country even Zamfara,Niger Republic,Cotonou and some very poor countries.
Wrong logic.
Can you equally explain the high number of Igbos from other states, other ethnic groups and foreigners living, trading and working in Anambra?
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 23, 2011
apart from abuja and lagos, other states are poo,
the way things are going in nigeria, those niger delta region(delta,rivers) can take off speedly. they can do it!
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by tpia5: 7:20pm On Aug 23, 2011
havent read through the entire thread but as i've pointed out many times on this forum, large scale emigration of any particular sector of an ecosystem, leaves a vacuum or gap which is usually filled by incoming migration.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 23, 2011
@chino, kedu  cool
ur vibrant good but the truth be told, owerre is really a good city to be reckon,though apart from owerre i dont know any other city in imo, same thing will be said about enugu but atleast nsukka tried to nigeria standard ,, anambra(my state) which have places like nkpor, onitsha, nnewi,awka which are capable to speed up the pace only need government intervention, by the way those companies and port arent finish yet so no need to be proud, you know nigeria and half done works!

like i said before, abuja and lagos sets the pace, lagos even more advance to the other but lack basic co-ordination which abuja enjoy a little bit,
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2011
Well said toaskarity.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by vicenzo(m): 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2011
Funny thread,see as chino  just dey flex muscle everywhere.Mazi chino,i dey greet o!
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 7:39pm On Aug 23, 2011
Chino is an extreme version of ekoile. He tramples on anything and anybody that comes against Anambra. Even if it means destroying the rest of Igboland for Anambra to remain.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2011
The federal government has acquired 12 gunboats, at a cost of $4.9 million (about N750 million), to enhance the safety of the country’s inland waterways.

Aminu Yar’Adua, the Managing Director of the National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), disclosed this on Friday in Lokoja. He said the gunboats, which were imported from Malaysia, would be deployed in the area offices of the authority.

“The dredging of the lower part of River Niger has made the acquisition imperative to provide maximum security for operators and passengers,’’ he said, adding that the dredging of River Niger from Baro in Niger State to Warri in Delta State had been completed.

He explained that the second phase of the project, which would be the maintenance of the project, would begin in July and would be completed in 2013. He said NIWA was making arrangement to buy a small dredger to ensure regular dredging of the river.

According to him, there are also plans to dredge a part of River Benue from Lokoja to Makurdi. “With this completion, the dredged channel is now ready for commercial navigational activities,’’ he said.

Yar’Adua said four firms, including an oil company, had approached NIWA for approval to commence operations on the dredged channel. He added that three other private investors had been licensed to construct private jetties along River Niger.

He also stated that NIWA, in partnership with some private investors, had concluded arrangements to lease two 45-seater capacity passenger vessels which will operate from Lokoja to Onitsha. “The ferries will commence operations very soon,” he said. “Apart from this, NIWA early this year also purchased four ferries which have since been put into use.’’

He disclosed that the Onitsha port had been completed, adding that the port which had been fitted with cargo-handling equipment worth N2 billion, would soon be concessioned to private operators.

Yar’Adua said N2 billion had also been set side in the 2011 budget for the upgrading of the Lokoja port.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/fg-acquires-12-gunboats
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 23, 2011
afam4eva:

Chino is an extreme version of ekoile. He tramples on anything and anybody that comes against Anambra. Even if it means destroying the rest of Igboland for Anambra to remain.
so u observe that  grin its too much! but that ekoile dont talk negative about sw,
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by htajz: 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2011
afam4eva:

lol i thought am the only one that have noticed that , thou shall not dare attack anambra even if your igbo
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by vicenzo(m): 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2011
Boyloaf:

This is gettin really funny! I'm nt suprised dis thread is now a battlefield for d liberation of ANAMBRA state!! Ibo pipo worship anambra and they see d state as thier headquaters hence they r nt ready to giv up and accept d fact dt d entire SE is far behind and lack development because 90% of her politians r corrupt and instead of deliverin dividend of democracy to d pipo of d region they (d politicians) bring in their experience in business and marketin and turn d seat of power to a business venture! This is d major problem facin the SE! Instead of her young generation to rise up and refuse their future frm been traded away by their politicians, they are here arguin and whinning over a non issue! Its a big shame! Anambra is nt developed! Take it or leave it.
Chineke!
  Mr man,which state/region r u from,so that we can compare it with Anambra/south east.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2011

He disclosed that the Onitsha port had been completed, adding that the port which had been fitted with cargo-handling equipment worth N2 billion, would soon be concessioned to private operators.

Yar’Adua said N2 billion had also been set side in the 2011 budget for the upgrading of the Lokoja port.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/fg-acquires-12-gunboats

At least this one is completed, next is the International Cargo airport
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by aljharem3: 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2011
Toaskarity:

so u observe that  grin its too much! but that ekoile dont talk negative about sw,

LOL grin grin grin grin eko ile would have lashed out even worse on SW if it was not under ACN

trust me on this grin grin beaf, eko ile and chino are characters on there own cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 23, 2011
hey chino, thats old article,, till today i havent seen any ferry that can travel me to lokoja yet or have you take a ride with it recently  grin
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 23, 2011
alj_harem:

LOL grin grin grin grin eko ile would have lashed out even worse on SW if it was not under ACN

trust me on this grin grin beaf, eko ile and chino are characters on there own cheesy cheesy cheesy
then -
ekoile-tinubu son
beaf-jonathan son
chino-ojukwu son

grin
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by aljharem3: 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
Toaskarity:

then -
ekoile-tinubu son
beaf-jonathan son
chino-ojukwu son

grin

that is it my brother. that is the way i we should be looking at them

if fashola/ACN does wrong, eko ile would be the first to jump out like he is fashola himself

if jonthan/ PDP cough , beaf would be the first with tissue paper and insult anyone that does not say "excuss me"

if anambra/ngige is angry, every single must be sacrificed to appease the gods chino

that is nairaland for you grin grin grin grin
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
afam4eva:

Nwanne kedu ije? I didn't attack my fellow SE, but this particular Abagworo (from Ala Owerre) has the propensity of saying negative things about Anambra, so we are hitting him hard with ills in his Imo state. Again there is one thing good about Yorubas they understanding the hierarchy and ranking, for instance: Lagos>Ogun>Oyo> and so on in accordance with economic and political relevance. Here in SE : Anambra>Abia>Enugu>Imo>Ebonyi, this is the order of economic and political relevance in the SE. So we should respect ourselves in this order.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 8:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
@ Chino
That SW hierachy is not correct. It goes like this:
Lagos>Oyo>Ogun>Ondo>Ekiti

Also learn to tolerate other people's opinion. No Igbo person will intentionally want to bad mouth Anambra. Whatever we say is for the benefit of Anambra and Ndigbo at large.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by aljharem3: 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2011
chino11:

Nwanne kedu ije? I didn't attack my fellow SE, but this particular Abagworo (from Ala Owerre) has the propensity of saying negative things about Anambra, so we are hitting him hard with ills in his Imo state. Again there is one thing good about Yorubas they understanding the hierarchy and ranking, for instance: Lagos>Ogun>Oyo> and so on in accordance with economic and political relevance. Here in SE : Anambra>Abia>Enugu>Imo>Ebonyi, this is the order of economic and political relevance in the SE. So we should respect ourselves in this order.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin chino for real you want to kill pesin for here grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Man love you, grin grin grin grin grin grin May God contiune to bless you brother grin grin grin grin

what a killer cheesy cheesy
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by htajz: 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2011
chino11:

chaii u go kill person oo grin grin grin grin make your brothers no vex oo grin
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2011
afam4eva:

@ Chino
That SW hierachy is not correct. It goes like this:
Lagos>Oyo>Ogun>Ondo>Ekiti

Also learn to tolerate other people's opinion. No Igbo person will intentionally want to bad mouth Anambra. Whatever we say is for the benefit of Anambra and Ndigbo at large.

Correct. Whatever Anambra says is for the good Ndigbo in general, little wonder Anambra produced the Great Zik, Ikemba Nnewi-Ojukwu and many others who has been the mouth piece of the Igbos from the time immemorial. Good
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 23, 2011
chino11:

Correct. Whatever Anambra says is for the good Ndigbo in general, little wonder Anambra produced the Great Zik, Ikemba Nnewi-Ojukwu and many others who has been the mouth piece of the Igbos from the time immemorial. Good
we don hear ,dont stretch it ok go back to topic.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by aljharem3: 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2011
chino and others again forget lagos because of many factors

abuja should not even be called developed as Abagworo righly said because it is FCT.

Now removing lagos and abuja.

it would be rivers, ogun, kano, anambra, delta, cross river

this is also done looking at the market size and the level of money this generate for the country
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^

Alhaji, now your back on track, your being quite un-biased. But why not this way round, because am sure Anambra is ahead of Ogun and Kano with number of economic advantages, e.g: Onitsha Port, biggest commercial/economic market in West African sub-region, Nnewi also being industrial hub of the SE/SS e.g( Vehicle Manufacturing/mechanical companies) :

rivers, anambra, ogun, kano, delta, cross river
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2011
Abeg remove rivers from that list.Apart from PH, that state is dead.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2011
i wonder how kano better than delta angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws / Yari-Kalu/Kalu-Yari Senate Presidency: We Have joined forces, Not Backing Down / Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.