Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,234 members, 7,836,118 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (31812 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Ngodigha: 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2011
Boyloaf:

this was my exact pick and these bloody and silly ibo bois no wan let man pikin hear word oh!!! Hmm na wa for ibo pipo. Always claimin sharpness in dullness!!
Shut up your stinking mouth niggi. You have never contributed anything meaningful here rather than insult posters. Get a life brain-dead monkey.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Ngodigha: 10:05pm On Aug 22, 2011
Abuja is not a state hence it is out of the equation. My take: Lagos, Anambra, Ogun and Delta states.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by aljharem3: 10:57pm On Aug 22, 2011
Now this is my taking,

1. on what bases are we using to judge is it economic valiablity or what

2. are we talking of oil and the amount of money the state generate

3. are we just doing guess work undecided

I am going to do my ranking based on the number of people living in the state because the more the people, the more the develpment of the state. In Nigeria and all over the world people move from an area/place/region of suffering and under development to a region of plenty/ pro-developed places.

also i would do this based on the economic valiablity of each state and the amount it gets in IGR

my taking is

1. Lagos

2. Kano

3. delta

4. rivers state

5. ogun

6. anambra

7. adamawa

8. kaduna

9. oyo

10. cross river/awka ibom any of the 2
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by sashaa(f): 11:02pm On Aug 22, 2011
Nawa for peeps o! Most of them dishing out insults here did not even COMPREHEND d OP!
Once again nawa oo.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by sweet9ja: 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2011
No state in the federation is anything near "developed".
How can you talk about development when they all lack basic ameninities such as light, running water, transportation and decent housing?
However, Lagos is moving in the right direction and Cross River, even it has Calabar as sole city, check out Obudu ranch, the pristine forest and the gorgeous mountains, really pretty. I love to retire there some day.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by kezy4(m): 11:25pm On Aug 22, 2011
Please try and modify your post next time. Nigeria is not a developed nation in infrastructures and basic amenities, hence, no state is developed in infrastructures. A country where there is no power supply and even when you have power supply, it would not stay for three (3) hours, you call her state a developed state. Please modify this and thanks
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Chaldook(m): 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2011
It got to be abj, las-gidi, rivers, KD, enugu look even d governorship ratings on good performance fashola come first, followed by rotimi amaechi and in third place comes sulivan chime, don't call anambra again, awka is dead, apart 4rm onitsha & nnewi, every other places are dead, another thing u use 2 no is via the places where u can get jobs las-gidi is number 1, & rivers which u hate cos it's a one city state come in 2nd. cos it's a one city state come in 2nd.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by hackney(m): 11:32pm On Aug 22, 2011
How can lagos be the only state ahead of anambra? ?
people are not serious here.
what of abuja, kaduna,kano, rivers.

I even prefer Kaduna to Rivers and people are talking of anambra.
una dey make pesin laff.

After Abuja and lagos, its kaduna ; some parts of kaduna south are better than all those lekki sef.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by aljharem3: 11:36pm On Aug 22, 2011
hackney:

How can lagos be the only state ahead of anambra? ?
people are not serious here.
what of abuja, kaduna,kano, rivers.

I even prefer Kaduna to Rivers and people are talking of anambra.
una dey make pesin laff.

After Abuja and lagos, its kaduna ; some parts of kaduna south are better than all those lekki sef.

thank you, at least some one is speaking the truth here.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 22, 2011
Anambra for where??NEVA!!!!!Upon nysc posting dis july,my friends were robbed in BROAD DAYLIGHT,vry clse by d garage,besyd a POLICE VAN, my seat mate posted to owerri,him eye don c tinzzzz.make i no talk abt SE.my bst friends r frm anambra n imo respectively.dey hate deir syd coz of d insecurity.we al stay in kaduna despite d fyts.i undastand boyloafs frustration.bt hisinsults on afam r tooo much oh.LAGOS,KD,LAGOS,KD
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 22, 2011
havent been to north apart 4rm abj, but for me
i thinks its: lagos
               Abuja(will remove it cos its capital not state)
              delta(i like the recent asaba)plus warri and co
             anambra(really needs govt intervention) its my state
             ogun
            ehhmm,

i really want to visit north, heard their road more smooth than south rough road,
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 22, 2011
loladeking:

Anambra for where??NEVA!!!!!Upon nysc posting dis july,my friends were robbed in BROAD DAYLIGHT,vry clse by d garage,besyd a POLICE VAN, my seat mate posted to owerri,him eye don c tinzzzz.make i no talk abt SE.my bst friends r frm anambra n imo respectively.dey hate deir syd coz of d insecurity.we al stay in kaduna despite d fyts.i undastand boyloafs frustration.bt hisinsults on afam r tooo much oh.LAGOS,KD,LAGOS,KD
dont get urself wrong,is there any part of nigeria that dont suffer from insecurity, atimes it seems worst in one area, just that
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 22, 2011
kezy4:

Please try and modify your post next time. Nigeria is not a developed nation in infrastructures and basic amenities, hence, no state is developed in infrastructures. A country where there is no power supply and even when you have power supply, it would not stay for three (3) hours, you call her state a developed state. Please modify this and thanks
you hit the nail but what will u put their if you are to modify it?
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Xionez(m): 12:14am On Aug 23, 2011
loladeking:

Thank you.
Please dont include Anambra at all. I presently reside here and after shuttling within the whole of Anambra, i will never say it can be compared to the like of Lagos, Kaduna, Enugu, Rivers, Calabar, Imo. This are the places i have spent not less than a year with Kaduna and Lagos taking a considerable share of my experience. And with that i am confident of what i am saying.
If you think Anambra is developed, then you havent seen what it (development) really means.
I am not saying that Anambra can never reach that point but presently, it has a long way to go, a really long way.hat i am confident of what i am saying.
If you think Anambra is developed, then you havent seen what it (development) really means.
I am not saying that Anambra can never reach that point but presently, it has a long way to go, a really long way.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by ikooko(m): 12:39am On Aug 23, 2011
@GARETH & manny4life i really appreciate your matured contribution.
@alj_harem one would have expected a better analysis from you being a northerner. I know a couple of northern states that better qualfied than flashy southern states.
For me i'll rather look at development of a state in terms of current development in the contry, this is the reason why i agree more with manny4life and differ with GARETH. Development in Nigerian context.
I will exclude lagos and abuja because of capital influences and no other states in their class. take oyo state for instance, we have ibadan ogbomosho oyo-town saki igbo-ora igboho oluyole, these places are developed. Take ogun state we have ijebu abeokuta ota shagamu igbogila ilaro ayetoro odeda as developed. same analysis for ondo and ekiti state.
Come to osun state, places like oshogbo ilesha ikirun iwo ife are developed. In kaduna state. zaria kaduna jaji kafancha are well developed. I know place like kura wudil birni-gudu all in kano state are also developed. borno state bauchi state and plateau state have developed cities apart from their state capital.
We are likely to want to conclude that presence of beautifully painted houses with lawns and beutiful roadnetwork constitute development but any town with accessable road, sizeable population and means of livelyhood that can sustain that population should qualify as developed since lack electricity and water are common occurence every part of this country.eloped. I know place like kura wudil birni-gudu all in kano state are also developed. borno state bauchi state and plateau state have developed cities apart from their state capital.

We are likely to want to conclude that presence of beautifully painted houses with lawns and beutiful roadnetwork constitute development but any town with accessable road, sizeable population and means of livelyhood that can sustain that population should qualify as developed since lack electricity and water are common occurence every part of this country.
state capital.
We are likely to want to conclude that presence of beautifully painted houses with lawns and beutiful roadnetwork constitute development but any town with accessable road, sizeable population and means of livelyhood that can sustain that population should qualify as developed since lack electricity and water are common occurence every part of this country.eloped. I know place like kura wudil birni-gudu all in kano state are also developed. borno state bauchi state and plateau state have developed cities apart from their state capital.

We are likely to want to conclude that presence of beautifully painted houses with lawns and beutiful roadnetwork constitute development but any town with accessable road, sizeable population and means of livelyhood that can sustain that population should qualify as developed since lack electricity and water are common occurence every part of this country.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by ikooko(m): 12:45am On Aug 23, 2011
^^^^^^^ sorry for the duplicated part. I must have press a button that caused that while typing on my phone.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by htajz: 1:03am On Aug 23, 2011
in no particular order apart from abuja i will pick[b] lagos, delta,anambra,rivers,ogun[/b] you will also notice these states top the list of states with lowest poverty level and highest literacy level, these states also have the highest number of open cities(at least to the starndard of the capital of other state capitals). they are also economic hubs of nigeria . as for cross river calabar is the only city it can boast of and its a very small city to start with , obudu itself can only boast of the resort there the town itself is a conc village with thick forest.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by JProspero: 1:22am On Aug 23, 2011
@ Afam and others. It is sad that most of you guys fall for the same trick from ethnic bigots. Any time you start a thread and they latch on one flimsy point or start their trademark ethnic hate just to distract you or derail your post, you play into their hands by responding rather than COMPLETELY ignoring them. When will you stop bandying words with such low-road people? If a person resorts to insults rather than backing his view with facts, then ignore him TOTALLY and let him wallow in his vomit. Thanks.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Myluv1: 1:40am On Aug 23, 2011
@ Afam4eva,

I suggest you add that posters must include at least four cities/towns along with the state(Lagos can be excused of course) as claimed. This'll reduce the number of baseless claims by some 'kid posters' here, imho.

My pick:
1. Lagos
2. Anambra- Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi, Nkpor, Amawbia, Obosi, etc.

3. Asaba, Warri, Sapele, Agbor, etc
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Obiagu1(m): 1:45am On Aug 23, 2011
Unfortunately, many of you have not been to the North.
Kaduna is second only to Lagos.
Since Abuja is not a state, it should probably be Lagos>Kaduna>Kano>Anambra>Rivers>Delta,

Lagos is a one city state for all I care!
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Myluv1: 1:57am On Aug 23, 2011
htajz:

in no particular order apart from abuja i will pick[b] lagos, delta,anambra,rivers,ogun[/b] you will also notice these states top the list of states with lowest poverty level and highest literacy level, these states also have the highest number of open cities(at least to the starndard of the capital of other state capitals). they are also economic hubs of nigeria . as for cross river calabar is the only city it can boast of and its a very small city to start with , obudu itself can only boast of the resort there the town itself is a conc village with thick forest.

I like you bruv, every point of yours is a fact! Well summarized
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by kettykin: 5:52am On Aug 23, 2011
let me you guys streamline your ranking with facts

in terms of number of bank branches in a state the ranking is as follows

lagos - abuja - rivers -anambra

in terms of volume of monetary transactions per state (from cbn)

lagos - abuja - anambra

in terms of human capital ranking (number of medical doctor/engineer/scientist)

imo- anambra-delta
lagos - abuja - anambra

forget the fake and unreliable census

from my observations as having travelled round the 36 states:

quite some infrastructural development in some key states like kaduna ; delta, akwaibom , cross river.

Given the rate at which projects are springing up in states

lagos might maintain the lead for some time, incumbency factor.

anambra with river niger dredging and the exploration of its oil and gas .

Akwaibom if the deep sea port is completed and large vessels start birthing in its coast with goods .

I dont really see much growth in the north except for kaduna and abuja.let me you guys streamline your ranking with facts

in terms of number of bank branches in a state the ranking is as follows

lagos - abuja - rivers -anambra

in terms of volume of monetary transactions per state (from cbn)

lagos - abuja - anambra

in terms of human capital ranking (number of medical doctor/engineer/scientist)

imo- anambra-delta
lagos - abuja - anambra

forget the fake and unreliable census

from my observations as having travelled round the 36 states:

quite some infrastructural development in some key states like kaduna ; delta, akwaibom , cross river.

Given the rate at which projects are springing up in states

lagos might maintain the lead for some time, incumbency factor.

anambra with river niger dredging and the exploration of its oil and gas .

Akwaibom if the deep sea port is completed and large vessels start birthing in its coast with goods .

I dont really see much growth in the north except for kaduna and abuja.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by ektbear: 6:12am On Aug 23, 2011
htajz:

in no particular order apart from abuja i will pick[b] lagos, delta,anambra,rivers,ogun[/b] you will also notice these states top the list of states with lowest poverty level and highest literacy level

Poverty rates in the SW are highest in Lagos. I think they measure poverty in a relative sense (relative to the top income earners in a jurisdiction or whatever. GINI stuff.)
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by yeye4live(m): 7:23am On Aug 23, 2011
its lagos i tink
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by stepo707: 8:57am On Aug 23, 2011
Am thinking the OP wants just an answer and not several.
Lagos all the way
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 9:20am On Aug 23, 2011
My luv!:

@ Afam4eva,

I suggest you add that posters must include at least four cities/towns along with the state(Lagos can be excused of course) as claimed. This'll reduce the number of baseless claims by some 'kid posters' here, imho.

My pick:
1. Lagos
2. Anambra- Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi, Nkpor, Amawbia, Obosi, etc.

3. Asaba, Warri, Sapele, Agbor, etc

You understand the whole idea of this post. While we know that cities like Lagos, Port-hacourt, calabar, Kano, Onitsha, Enugu are developed, that's not the essence of the thread. We're looking at states where development is equally spread among cities and towns in that state. I guess that's where some people are getting iy confused.

Also, note that we're not talking about the most beautiful or security conscious state.

Next time we state a state, let's afford to name at least two cities or town that are developed according to Nigerian standard. For example if you think lagos is the most developed, state:

Lagos
: Ikeja, Lagos Island, Agege etc
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by hothead(m): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2011
this wld be in the future http://adeakure-sida.myminicity.com
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 11:39am On Aug 23, 2011
Chaldook:

It got to be abj, las-gidi, rivers, KD, enugu look even d governorship ratings on good performance fashola come first, followed by rotimi amaechi and in third place comes sulivan chime, don't call anambra again, awka is dead, apart 4rm onitsha & nnewi, every other places are dead, another thing u use 2 no is via the places where u can get jobs las-gidi is number 1, & rivers which u hate cos it's a one city state come in 2nd. cos it's a one city state come in 2nd.

onyi, see pot calling kettle black, don't committe suicide out of frustration. Do know that virtually all the town in Anambra are developed with human population and economic activities. Apart from enugu town where else is accessible in enugu state as a whole? All the towns in enugu state are quite rural and timid. With long standing history and existence of enugu, the town has remained stunted and un-progressive, running within the circle Anambrans left them in 1991. The votes awarded here to Anambra was given by individual who are from other states of the federation. Most people with data have rated Anambra as one of the developed states, your comment will not mar its progress. As a matter of fact with the level of development in Awka today, it has surpassed the the development in enugu of over 40yrs. There is nothing happening in your so called enugu state because your state is empty, both with human capital and material resources. Enugu for all I care cannot even come in first 25 of developed states of Nigeria. Anambra with 3 major cities (Awka, Onitsha, and Nnewi) is to enugu what Houston is to monrovia.
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2011
loladeking:

Anambra is ahead of you and your mushroom state of origin by the distance of the stars from the planet earth. And SE is ahead of your useless region by speed of the rocket. Why not name your state of origin let us draw a constructive analysis. silly villager
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by purity80(m): 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2011
ANAMBRA state is the most developed state in SE and second to Lagos and Abuja in the entire country. It may all to know that ANAMBRA state is 70% urban and 30% rural. Now, how states in Nigeria can boast of that apart from Lagos?
Re: What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 12:12pm On Aug 23, 2011
To determine the most developed State,a lot of things is involved which most of us as lay men cannot ascertain.But some basic factors need to be considered like economic independence,level of diversification,literacy level,Health,Power and water supply,Access roads and standard of living.To me Lagos inspite of all odds comes a distant 1st.Delta,Rivers and other monolithic economies are still finding their feet.The North would have scored high if not for literacy and health.

Some people tend to mistake urbanization for development,hence the mention of Anambra which is the 2nd most urbanised State after Lagos.It is however relegated to the background in terms of actual development.The environmental condition is appauling and no revenue is generated.Health department has been grounded for months while crime rate is high.No pipe-borne water and constant electricity.

Abia,Ondo,Ogun,Kano,Oyo surprisingly clash 2nd in my accessment.Why?

They have more diversified economy and better standard of living.Only Ondo and Abia are oil producing but did not lose agriculture and industry entirely.Ogun is highly industrialized while Kano and Oyo are industrial and Agricultural.

Imo my State comes in same class as Enugu and Cross River which has beautiful environment but economically relegated.They seem the best place to live but not to make money.

Kaduna and Plateau are out of it because they are very volatile and hence scares away investors.This will continue until they stop their ethnic and religious extremism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary / Pictures From PDP, Atiku Rally In Ekiti State / Wole Soyinka’s Writes On Sexual Offences Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.