Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands (1068 Views)

Single Lady Wants Married Women To Know Why They Date Their Husbands / Characters Ladies Of Marriageable Age Exhibit When Desperate For Husbands / Why Do Brides cry When Going To Their Husbands' House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by ebonyvibe(f): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2011
Why is it that Nigerian Men do not like their wives earning more than them.

You will see a loving husband turn into a beast as soon as his wife start earning more than him.

Sincere answers please,
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by MrCork17: 10:54am On Aug 22, 2011
sweeeery did your husband beat you? grin

ok to be serious, a woman must NEVER earn more than her husband. its an insalt!! (no ofeinse) angry
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by Nayah(f): 11:05am On Aug 22, 2011
Ebony,I don't think this is about Nigerian only, even in Europe (Italian for example) men have difficulties to think about mentalities change, and some are still very proud and raised as this: men have to put food on table and women stay to raise children

The fact that some sisters are socially more advanced than some brothers creates a destabilisation in couples, and to be honest both are responsible for issues
-Men: Leave their pride and some friends pertubate their home
-Women: Confused between having diplomas and earn money and being a real woman in the house
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by ebonyvibe(f): 11:12am On Aug 22, 2011
Nayah: i second you

Mr Corke : I am not attacking men at the moment o just asking a question.

Cos me want to marry a well educated woman has a good job when they are dating after marriage they want an house wife.

Why didnt they date that typ of woman in the first place ie village women peper sellers. Again its not an attack i just want to know how men's mind work.
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by MrCork17: 11:17am On Aug 22, 2011
educated women bring too much problems. They dont respect you and cant even cook. The ones based in the UK are either divorced, born again, seperated, tryin to trap a guy,  lookin for a baby father,  or single parents. All they talk about is equality instead of knowing there roles. they lack respect which is the main reasons why black guys now swuitch to white women. The worst black women are female managers. they treat men like $hit and they cant even cook rice. 99.4% of my friends are now datin white women- do you blame them?  angry
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by ebonyvibe(f): 11:22am On Aug 22, 2011
mr cork you might want to start another topic why educated women dont know their place in the home. but this thread is about men's insecurity of thier wives earning more than them.

Could you kindly stick to the topic?

And i am telling you most educated white women cant cook neither hence your white preference. So i guess you are going for mainly uneducated white why not go for uneducated black women as am very sure they can cook.

my ex housemaid in naija ekeete is of a marriagable age, knows her place and can cook? r u interested since you are looking for a wife
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by Smilenw(f): 11:23am On Aug 22, 2011
Nayah:

Ebony,I don't think this is about Nigerian only, even in Europe (Italian for example) men have difficulties to think about mentalities change, and some are still very proud and raised as this: men have to put food on table and women stay to raise children

seconded
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by ebonyvibe(f): 11:26am On Aug 22, 2011
i agree with all the females on this thread but why dont men go for those type of women initially?
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by Nayah(f): 11:39am On Aug 22, 2011
I told you sister, this is the role of women making difference between earning money and being a good partner and mother at home, diploma has nothing to do with family life
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by ebonyvibe(f): 11:47am On Aug 22, 2011
i am not focusing on the women in this thread even if the wife is loving the best wife ever as soon as she starts earning more the husband is unhappy. why?

i am not talking about women who become big headed and trying to address the insecuries of men. Am talking of a friends marriage which is almost at breaking point cos the man cant stand her earning more than him.

Has nothing to do with her being a bad wive; ever since her promotion her has been coming up with excuses that didnt exist before.

the dress you are wearing is too short , is it cos you are earning more than me,
you cooked rice again, is it cos you are earning more than me,
u bought a new car, is it cos you are earning more than me,
you took the kids to disney world, is cos you are earning more than me,

now she feels she should have told him what she is earning now
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by MrCork17: 12:15pm On Aug 22, 2011
ebonyvibe:

mr cork you might want to start another topic why educated women dont know their place in the home. but this thread is about men's insecurity of thier wives earning more than them.

Could you kindly stick to the topic?

And i am telling you most educated white women cant cook neither hence your white preference. So i guess you are going for mainly uneducated white why not go for uneducated black women as am very sure they can cook.

my ex housemaid in naija ekeete is of a marriagable age, knows her place and can cook? r u intereste since you are looking ofr a wife

ebonyvibe . sweeery I bet you sent your husband parkin simply becoz you started earning more

(all in the name of equality).ok if i marry you, would you QUIT hating men? undecided
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by MrCork17: 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2011
ermm by the way, I am single!! wink
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2011
hmm. interesting how this 'mr cork' is speaking some what good english as opposed to his bush talk before. hmmm. 'no oofiense'
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by Tosinville(m): 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2011
Ebonyvibe, the way you sounds lately on nl shows your house is on fire but try and take things easy, madam.
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by Tosinville(m): 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2011
Ebonyvibe, the way you sounds lately on nl shows your house is on fire but try and take things easy, madam.
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by ice234: 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2011
If a wife earn more she tend. To challenge the man's authority
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2011
typical.
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by ebonyvibe(f): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2011
ice234: thx atleast you are attempting to tackle the the question.

mr cork: am married dont need another marriage proposal however eekete's number is available. Am very sure should apperciate a PECKHAM boy.

most men on this thread havent atempted to answer the questions just giving me lots of hits for asking a question soo much for freedom of speech
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by francisj(m): 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2011
ice234:

If a wife earn more she tend. To challenge the man's authority
I disagreed, my fiancee earn than i do, infact her basic salary alone is twice my total salary , but she still do all the
house work.
The man ' just have to be a man and nothing more.
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by MrCork17: 2:45pm On Aug 22, 2011
ebonyvibe. Sweeeery I am single. Can I love you like touch-light? tongue
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by SAFO(m): 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2011
ebony not you again. After 5 pages you'll say it's a mistake and that everything is peachy.

Y torment us now?
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by MMM2(m): 2:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
op
becos on most cases d wife will start fu-cking small boiz angry

and dere by turning her self 2 sugar mummy embarassed
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by ebonyvibe(f): 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2011
SAFO: This is a question
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by dammytex: 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2011
Well, as an African, I must tell you it won't be easy for a hard working husband to see himself lose the battle of the bread winner in his own home. By nature, we kinda like to be in control of everything including the finance.

But then, westernization is taking its turn. Women are getting more empowered and we men are learning to move with the trend. If I have always had a female boss, why can't I have a higher-earning wife?

I think the man's level of maturity and exposure comes into play now. If I'm married and after some years, she starts to earn more than me; I guess I should be able to understand.

WHY?
I must have watched her grow in career over the years. I would have been a part of her rise in career and success as we we'd have discussed and advised each other on how to handle business and career scenarios. If the cash now starts rolling-in, I think I should be proud of her as she is a product of my advice and guidance.

But then, she must still appreciate my gifts, allow me to pay the kids' tuitions, cater for the family and still allow me to be the highest contributor to our joint account.
God help me.
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2011
^^ kudos to u.
Re: Wives Earning More Than Their Husbands by jaybee3(m): 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2011
Thread Locked => Duplicate thread
Continue here => https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-525012.128.html
The search button is ya friend grin grin grin grin

(1)

I Don't Like Pigs & Can't Keep Dogs / Please I Will Love To Know What Do Kiss Means To You / 10 Reasons Why African Women Fear Proposing To Guys. . .bare Facts!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.