Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,836 members, 7,813,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Dating Or Outright Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Or Outright Marriage? (15681 Views)

This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage / Who Is A Narcissist And How Are You Sure You Are Not Dating Or About To Date One / What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by HomeTutorsPro: 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2022
Outright marriage, after a few months of thorough checks.
Genotype.
Blood group.
Bedroom (and allied places) qualifications.

And hey...
Don't forget to check the number of shoes in her rack.
E get why.

3 Likes

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by ExtremeDot: 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2022
There is a perfect formula?
Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by LaJoe2: 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2022
Friendship (Brother/Sister Relationship)
-
Courtship (Fiance /Fiancee)
-
Marriage (Husband/Wife)

2 Likes

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2022
I am 30...

never be in any relationship... am I okay
Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by Michelle55: 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2022
Date before marriage oh to avoid stories that touched!

2 Likes

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by yinkeys(m): 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2022
zedegit:
Some people don't believe in dating. They believe you should just put the ring to it if you want them. I have met one of such girls. She's actually a wife material; 100 yards.

Remember some people broke up after dating for 7 Years and you can't fully know a woman even if you date her all your life, she fit still shock you.

What is your preference? Date or outright marriage?
Dating shouldn’t be more than 2 years
Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by Gentlechika(m): 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2022
zedegit:
Some people don't believe in dating. They believe you should just put the ring to it if you want them. I have met one of such girls. She's actually a wife material; 100 yards.

Remember some people broke up after dating for 7 Years and you can't fully know a woman even if you date her all your life, she fit still shock you. Make DAT girl still dey whine you. Las las you go get sense.

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by Gentlechika(m): 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
Make dat girl still dey whine you, las las you go get sense.
Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by LaJoe2: 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
YourHerbalOrgan:
I am 30...

never be in any relationship... am I okay

You're fine.

1 Like

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by judedwriter(m): 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
In the biblical days, there wasn't anything as dating or even courtship.

People just go ahead and marry.

It's when people began discovering the complexities of marriage, that they started introducing dating and courtship as alternative and preparing for marriage respectively.

Courtship isn't biblical!

If you like someone, go ahead and marry! God doesn't have a specific person for you, He may have His choice though.

Love will solve any problems that emanate after grin

Love is key o. If you don't love, no try marriage

1 Like

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by ednut1(m): 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2022
BabaCommander:
If you must marry, marry someone who has the fear of God.

When love fails, and times are hard, the fear of God will keep the evil tendecies and human vice away.
why fear of God no work here Explain

4 Likes

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by Mayflowa(m): 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2022
chillychill:
There is nothing wrong with dating its just dat Nigerian men n women had turned it into fornication.. i bet most of y'all don't know that u don't have to get intimate wen dating..

All d same i still prefer dating a lil bit before marriage sha because dis life seff na step by step,first we crawl den we stand den we walk dats how we got here today. No rush abeg but no go sleep on top dating sha

Huh Intimacy alone is a huge decider whether to marry or not to.

1 Like

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by OgunkeelAllMod: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2022
Better find out well Wetin you want put the ring on first before you put am for house o.. Like making sure she's not FAKING anything for you even her smile undecided I and mosr importantly her body count angry trust no naija lady o they fit package anything give you for that ring, ANYTHING!

1 Like

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by Valoromega: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2022
zedegit:

Remember some people broke up after dating for 7 Years and you can't fully know a woman even if you date her all your life, she fit still shock you.

It's all about meeting the right person.
There are some people who dated for 15 years but when they got married they didn't last.

While some dated for a month and got married and that was the best thing ever. So it's about meeting the right person

I dated my wife for only 2 months before I engaged her but I can tell you getting married to her was the best decision I ever made.

6 Likes

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by NigerianAngelo(m): 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2022
zedegit:

Outright marriage.
Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by BigMamaNaija: 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2022
Dating is an undefined relationship. You just meet someone and in the name of 'getting to know each other better', begin to live like married people without any commitment to marriage. The lady wakes everyday hoping he will put a ring to it while the guy rolls on, most times knowing he has no such intentions. Plenty of risks particularly increase in body counts and difficulty in being compatible with one partner in the long run.

That doesn't mean you will meet someone and just get married without knowing them.. na! I prefer you call it courtship. That means both parties are 80% sure the relationship is leading to marriage within at most a year. They're ready age-wise, financially, mentally, etc. Not the case where little children who're not ready for marriage will be engaging sex partners upandan in the name of dating. Who told you that's how to be ready for marriage?

You can never really know anyone completely. Stop using dating as an excuse to 'get to know someone'. Observe the person from your house and if you consider her worthy of going into marriage with, make a proposal and then study each other closely, if she accepts.

Courtship must not end in marriage but do not go about awakening love when you're not ripe for marriage. Focus on building yourself up mentally, financially, psychologically and basic relationship and home management skills by reading good books and learning from mentors (parents/instructors). Once you're the right person, you'll attract the right person and have a wonderful marriage.

Lobatan : cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2022
I'm very choosy when it comes to relationships, so I'll prefer to date the guy first and get to know his likes and dislikes.
zedegit:

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by skj1377(m): 5:13pm On Nov 05, 2022
Dating did not work for me I tried like 10 girls over a period of 11yrs, it was always ending in heartbreak. At some point I was doing like 5 girls at a time to avoid wasting years with only 1 lady. The person I married i did not date her besides I had my honeymoon outside Africa so it was not Like money was my problem. The issue is many of these girls have religious restrictions, traditional/cultural restrictions as well as greed as issues that later make them opt-out Of The relationship after wasting some of your time.

3 Likes

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by BABANGBALI: 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2022
Ok now

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by BABANGBALI: 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2022
yinkeys:

Dating shouldn’t be more than 2 years
I beg to disagree, dating shouldn't be more than two weeks

1 Like

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by OgunkeelAllMod: 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
judedwriter:
In the biblical days, there wasn't anything as dating or even courtship.

People just go ahead and marry.

It's when people began discovering the complexities of marriage, that they started introducing dating and courtship as alternative and preparing for marriage respectively.

Courtship isn't biblical!

If you like someone, go ahead and marry! God doesn't have a specific person for you, He may have His choice though.

Love will solve any problems that emanate after grin

Love is key o. If you don't love, no try marriage

there is no such thing as biblical or even Koranic day.. Religion is total bunkum.. Added nothing of real value to humanity.. Most so called religious people are deceitful and hypocrite

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by HEBEI: 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
Make una dey dateooh before marriage.
At least six months or one year of dating should be a must.

Don't rush into marriage in the name of LOVE AT THE FIRST SIGHT or FAMILY OR PEERS PRESSURE. No matter your purpose, please I dey beg you, date ooh shocked

Na from my own experience I dey give una this advice.

If you rush into marriage, there is always 98 percent of assurance that you may likely rush out of that marriage in no time.

Our present world is different from that of our parents'. So don't marry without dating simply because your parents did and it worked out for them.

4 Likes

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by HighChiefZino: 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2022
In life, u have to be prepared, if life eventually happened so be it. Dating is part of the preparedness.... Choose wisely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by yinkeys(m): 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2022
BABANGBALI:
I beg to disagree, dating shouldn't be more than two weeks
You can’t use two weeks to know someone’s character especially if they’re chameleons

1 Like

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by BABANGBALI: 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2022
yinkeys:

You can’t use two weeks to know someone’s character especially if they’re chameleons
neither can you use a whole lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2022
You have to start from the cradle first, which is dating. If not, how do you understand them and get to know if you both are compatible? That aside, some people can be very pretentious. You can only get to see inside of the mask when they have conquered their quest- marriage. So, by all means, date, but date with a purpose. No longer than 6 months to a year, otherwise, a waste of time venture is imminent. Date when you are ready.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by jojothaiv(m): 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2022
zedegit:
I have met one of such girls. She's actually a wife material; 100 yards.
I'd like to know where's she's based and if possible her a way of getting her...
Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by Bacvvh7g: 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2022
Let me teach you how to close greedy white clients, and Earn in dollars starting today with Instagram!!!
I've got Proofs attached too...

Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by Nonexisting1: 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Marriage topic again? Simps never learn.
Re: Dating Or Outright Marriage? by chillychill(f): 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2022
Mayflowa:

Huh Intimacy alone is a huge decider whether to marry or not to.

So u have to have sex before u can marry anyone? Well how has dat epped u since u started f**kwood[quote][/quote] smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Little Word Of Advice For Searching Ladies / What Do You Miss The Most About Being In A Relationship / Whiteknighting: SIMPS Putting Women On A Pedestal. Meme Thread (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.