Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk (2936 Views)

New Mums! Increase Breast Milk Production. / “my Husband Drags My Breast Milk With My Newborn Baby” - Woman Cries Out / I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by Water9430(m): 6:18am On Nov 07, 2022
naniawini:
Hello everyone and happy Sunday!

I need suggestions on what meal I should be eating to produce enough breast milk. Pap does it for me but I’m tired of it already, I’m tired of rice too. I take tea that’s milo and milk but it’s purging my baby cry I need suggestions.

Thank you kiss
madam firstly congratulations to you and your family. Please stop taking tea, it will definitely affect your baby, what ever you eat has a direct/indirect effect on your baby. On you being tired of pap, nah waa for you o, that's one of the sacrifice you pay for having a child ( many more to come). As long as it works for you l, stick with it, you could also take palm wine if you have it in your area, and reduce your sugar intake, e get why. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by Water9430(m): 6:25am On Nov 07, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Ma'am, don't listen to this m*d boy o.
he is actually suggesting something that work, and I have tried this ( my wife) if your next question is have you seen it work.
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by Mindlog: 7:05am On Nov 07, 2022
Water9430:
he is actually suggesting something that work, and I have tried this ( my wife) if your next question is have you seen it work.

That it worked for your wife, doesn't mean it is good for the baby. That is alcohol and would want you to google and extensively read the risk of consumption of alcohol poses on the development of a baby's brain which tend to be more reflective at school going age.
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by naniawini(f): 7:13am On Nov 07, 2022
Water9430:
madam firstly congratulations to you and your family. Please stop taking tea, it will definitely affect your baby, what ever you eat has a direct/indirect effect on your baby. On you being tired of pap, nah waa for you o, that's one of the sacrifice you pay for having a child ( many more to come). As long as it works for you l, stick with it, you could also take palm wine if you have it in your area, and reduce your sugar intake, e get why. Shalom
ok sir! Good morning
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by naniawini(f): 7:13am On Nov 07, 2022
grin
xperiencelove:
A queen, beautiful! She must have inherited the beauty from her dad. grin grin
yes oh! Me wey carry her for 9 months nothing for me cry
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by emmanuelbrown26: 7:38am On Nov 07, 2022
naniawini:
chicken breasts Ok
Don't u hv elderly women around u? They are suppose to recommend fresh and nice palm wine for u to be taken. If u are from South East, u should take Ngwo not Nkwuu bcs Ngwo is for women while Nkwuu its for men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by emmanuelbrown26: 7:39am On Nov 07, 2022
lilvicky68:

Palm wine helps too.
En bi like say u bi karid entity?
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by emmanuelbrown26: 7:40am On Nov 07, 2022
naniawini:
baby no go high ni grin
Take Ngwuu not Nkwuuu
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by emmanuelbrown26: 7:42am On Nov 07, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Ma'am, don't listen to this m*d boy o.
So tell me what u know about palm wine? Palm wine is one of d best for breastfeeding mother. Una go dey read unverified facts online
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by emmanuelbrown26: 7:42am On Nov 07, 2022
naniawini:
grin where I wan see fresh palm wine…

Na mixology full this town wey I dey oh
which city u dey
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by emmanuelbrown26: 7:45am On Nov 07, 2022
Mindlog:

Don't ever try that Palm wine suggestion as you would indirectly feed your baby with alcohol which is a huge risk to brain development.
My dear sister, say what u know and what u dont know about palm wine.
In d world of palm wine, we hv 2 types of palm wine and palm treet. We hv 2 colours of palm wine, abeg mak una no dey talk waiting una no no. uU are a learned lady, but my dear we cant know it all.
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by Mindlog: 7:48am On Nov 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

My dear sister, say what u know and what u dont know about palm wine.
In d world of palm wine, we hv 2 types of palm wine and palm treet. We hv 2 colours of palm wine, abeg mak una no dey talk waiting una no no. uU are a learned lady, but my dear we cant know it all.

And the 2 types, have no alcoholic content?
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by emmanuelbrown26: 7:51am On Nov 07, 2022
Mindlog:

And the 2 types, have no alcoholic content?
What we call alcohol is just ethanol. D one for breastfeeding mother does not and it doesn't intoxicated, that's why it's strictly for women.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by Mindlog: 8:00am On Nov 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

What we call alcohol is just ethanol. D one for breastfeeding mother does not and it doesn't intoxicated, that's why it's strictly for women.

Don't forget, 'all ethanol is alcohol".

A baby is safer during pregnancy and breastfeeding when the mother keeps away from ethanol/alcohol.

It is just a myth with no medical proof.
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by naniawini(f): 8:06am On Nov 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Don't u hv elderly women around u? They are suppose to recommend fresh and nice palm wine for u to be taken. If u are from South East, u should take Ngwo not Nkwuu bcs Ngwo is for women while Nkwuu its for men.
im in Delta. What’s Ngwo
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by Bluette(f): 8:20am On Nov 07, 2022
Watermelon
Oat
Blend cucumber (remove the peel)
Amala & Ewedu

Anyfood or fruit that contains high level of water.
U can't skip pap. It's so sure. But please put enough milk because of diabetes. Eat alot of protein due to the high level of pap consumption.
What you eat is what your child eats. Eat healthy. Also, don't let this disturb you psychologically. Be good.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by emmanuelbrown26: 8:24am On Nov 07, 2022
Mindlog:

Don't forget, 'all ethanol is alcohol".

A baby is safer during pregnancy and breastfeeding when the mother keeps away from ethanol/alcohol.

It is just a myth with no medical proof.
My dear sister, u are right on that, but do u hv verified facts on palm wine being used by breastfeeding mothers? I'm telling u with facts not hear-say. Anytime u come down to Nigeria, just go to rural areas and ask, I'm an elder, it's always recommended for breastfeeding mothers or if u hv an aunty here in Nigeria not city aunty ohhhhhh, ask her.
There are things that oyibo made us believe which are not true.
In my lineage, there's no woman that breastfeed a child without NGWUUU (Ngwuu is for women and breastfeeding mothers) by her side, and it's being working till infinity.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by emmanuelbrown26: 8:26am On Nov 07, 2022
naniawini:
im in Delta. What’s Ngwo
Is it Asaba, Kwale/Ukwuani or Ibusa?
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by Mindlog: 8:48am On Nov 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

My dear sister, u are right on that, but do u hv verified facts on palm wine being used by breastfeeding mothers? I'm telling u with facts not hear-say. Anytime u come down to Nigeria, just go to rural areas and ask, I'm an elder, it's always recommended for breastfeeding mothers or if u hv an aunty here in Nigeria not city aunty ohhhhhh, ask her.
There are things that oyibo made us believe which are not true.
In my lineage, there's no woman that breastfeed a child without NGWUUU (Ngwuu is for women and breastfeeding mothers) by her side, and it's being working till infinity.

I know Palm wine very as I used to go buy from the popular Palm wine market at Obinagu Udi (Enugu state).

No pediatrician would ever tell a nursing mother to take palm wine to increase milk production because it is just a myth no matter how much we "believe", it works. Have you observed that babies whose mothers consumed palm wine while breastfeeding tend to sleep longer hours and that is not safe.

A pregnant woman who consumes alcohol during pregnancy exposes the baby to FASD( Fetal Alcoholic Syndrome Disorder) and you just not want to see the lifelong side effects on the child. During breastfeeding, a nursing mother is advised to keep away from anything ethanol/alcohol as you don't even have an idea what the baby is already predisposed to.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by emmanuelbrown26: 9:38am On Nov 07, 2022
Mindlog:

I know Palm wine very as I used to go buy from the popular Palm wine market at Obinagu Udi (Enugu state).

No pediatrician would ever tell a nursing mother to take palm wine to increase milk production because it is just a myth no matter how much we "believe", it works. Have you observed that babies whose mothers consumed palm wine while breastfeeding tend to sleep longer hours and that is not safe.

A pregnant woman who consumes alcohol during pregnancy exposed the baby to FASD( Fetal Alcoholic Syndrome Disorder) and you just not want to see the lifelong side effects on the child. During breastfeeding, a nursing mother is advised to keep away from anything ethanol/alcohol as you don't even have an idea what the baby is already predisposed of.

What type of palm wine were u able to buy then, I know Nsukka palm wine very well, so dear lady, tell me d type of palm wine
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by Mindlog: 9:51am On Nov 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

What type of palm wine were u able to buy then, I know Nsukka palm wine very well, so dear lady, tell me d type of palm wine

Both Ngwo and Nkwu Enu, always keen to make sure saccharine has not been added to it
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by bot227(f): 10:28am On Nov 07, 2022
Hello you have a beautiful baby, groundnut is very good for breastfeeding mothers. Ground it into paste and add it to the water for making your pap.
Don't stress yourself if after all these you aren't producing enough just get baby milk for your baby instead of starving her all. All the best

1 Like

Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by naniawini(f): 10:35am On Nov 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Is it Asaba, Kwale/Ukwuani or Ibusa?
Abk
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by dontrulee: 1:01pm On Nov 07, 2022
naniawini:
Happy Sunday Dontrulee

Gigi, how are you doing?
It's been a while.

Well, endogenous production of breast milk is mediated by the hormones, Oxytocin and prolactin. There is a feedback mechanism that ensures that as long as the mother breastfeed the child continuously, the milk will be constantly produced and replenish itself.

To boost breatmilk production exogenously, taking substances rich in oxytocin or oxytocin like compounds will be beneficial. It is advisable that you eat fresh fruits, vegetables, balance diet, drink enough water because what you eat directly or indirectly affects your baby, so be careful of what you consume.

By the way, she is such a cute beautiful girl.
Send my greetings to Emmy. Wishing you the best and take good care of yourself.
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by Whois(m): 5:09pm On Nov 07, 2022
Drink tea with every meal. Breakfast, lunch and dinner

1 Like

Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by emmanuelbrown26: 8:27pm On Nov 07, 2022
Mindlog:

Both Ngwo and Nkwu Enu, always keen to make sure saccharine has not been added to it
Just go and ask elderly women in your family or around u, they will definitely educate u on that. This is something that has being in existence since d days of John d Baptist, my dear sister, Africa nwere untapped things ohhhh.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by Victoria938(f): 9:05pm On Nov 07, 2022
Clean your nipples very well because there are some dirty things that do block the milk from coming out even when the breast is full.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by Mindlog: 9:21pm On Nov 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Just go and ask elderly women in your family or around u, they will definitely educate u on that. This is something that has being in existence since d days of John d Baptist, my dear sister, Africa nwere untapped things ohhhh.

I grew up knowing that alongside other many childcare myths but my clinical experience is retaining some and disposing a whole lot even if it started in the days of Adam and Eve!

When Nigerian researchers come come up with peer reviewed papers on positive impact of Ngwo on breast milk production and infants brain development would I accept that. If during the interviews of mothers of children with cognitive impairment, I do ask them if they consumed alcohol during pregnancy and while breastfeeding, will I still advocate for a mother to take palm wine?

That elderly women in my family are used to some certain beliefs and way of doing things, does not mean I will not subject it
to interrogation.
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by lilvicky68(m): 9:29pm On Nov 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Enugu has one of the best palm wine I've tasted..
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by lilvicky68(m): 9:31pm On Nov 07, 2022
Mindlog:

That it worked for your wife, doesn't mean it is good for the baby. That is alcohol and would want you to google and extensively read the risk of consumption of alcohol poses on the development of a baby's brain which tend to be more reflective at school going age.

I've not seen anything wrong with children whom their mom consumed palm wine
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by emmanuelbrown26: 10:01pm On Nov 07, 2022
Mindlog:

I grew up knowing that alongside other many childcare myths but my clinical experience is retaining some and disposing a whole lot even if it started in the days of Adam and Eve!

When Nigerian researchers come come up with peer reviewed papers on positive impact of Ngwo on breast milk production and infants brain development would I accept that. If during the interviews of mothers of children with cognitive impairment, I do ask them if they consumed alcohol during pregnancy and while breastfeeding, will I still advocate for a mother to take palm wine?

That elderly women in my family are used to some certain beliefs and way of doing things, does not mean I will not subject it interrogation.

U are absolutely correct, Igbos hv being using and are still using it till infinity. I understand ur own angle (scientifical angle), since it's being working right from time and it's still working.
Re: What Can I Eat To Produce Enough Breast Milk by emmanuelbrown26: 10:01pm On Nov 07, 2022
lilvicky68:

Enugu has one of the best palm wine I've tasted..
Not Enugu as a whole, Nsukka precisely.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? / Hubby Chooses To Be Incommunicado / Meet The Nigerian Oldest Woman With Sickle Cell In The World At 90 Yrs (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.