Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,491 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? (40218 Views)

How Best Do I Punish My Mum? / Can You Punish A Cheating Wife Like This?? / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by abobote: 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2022
Romanoff:
19 year old wey done dey smoke Indian hemp. You're not his mother, send him back to his mother let her carry her cross.
At 18 I already smoke everything, but right now I don't smoke

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by professore(m): 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:
I have never felt so much anger when I remember what happened to me.
I stay in Benin, my younger brother visited me 2 days ago.
It has been 2 days of katakata
The boy is 19 this year
He is doing security guy for one plaza
But I'm planning to send him back to my parents after what happened last night

I came back weak and tired from work and my phone battery died
As I tried to open the outside gate. I found out it was locked. We only lock it only from 9pm
But it was 7pm
My neighbour had travelled, and I gave my brother the key, so I started knocking the gate for my brother to open.

I knocked and knocked and knocked no response. I shout his name no response and my phone was dead.
I was practically lock out of my own apartment
I shake gate, knock and knock still no response.
I was sooo angry and some people saw me and thought I was a crazy girl knocking at somebody house.
Can you believe that I was locked outside from 7pm till 11pm.
My arms are swollen from knocking for too long
No place to go and my co workers live far and no way to call them. It was a nightmare

Out of nowhere I summoned courage and climbed the fence with broken bottles and sharp metals.
Hmmmmmm for my own house wey i pay for.

I was praying nobody see me and think otherwise cuz it was around 11pm
Especially vigilante groups
Na so I jump enter almost break leg
be careful around him (he is your brother but yet a dangerous person). Also get a power bank and move around with it.
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by NigerianAngelo(m): 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:
The boy is 19 this year

As I tried to open the outside gate. I found out it was locked. We only lock it only from 9pm
But it was 7pm
My neighbour had travelled, and I gave my brother the key, so I started knocking the gate for my brother to open.

I knocked and knocked and knocked no response. I shout his name no response and my phone was dead.
I was sooo angry and some people saw me and thought I was a crazy girl knocking at somebody house.
No place to go and my co workers live far and no way to call them. It was a nightmare

Out of nowhere I summoned courage and climbed the fence with broken bottles and sharp metals.

1. GO AND BOOK THREE MASSES ON HIS HEAD.

2. PRAY THE ROSARY NINE DAYS FOR HIM TO STOP SMOKING / BEING A BAD BOY (IT WILL BE ANSWERED).

3. (What of school/admission)

4. Since he got a job, after 1-2 things might not be that bad (him being with you).

5. YOU COULD BOOK SOME COMPUTER LESSONS FOR HIM [b]AFTER A WHILE

(Young men care less, or rather "care ZERO" for being "big boy / bad boy" if they are "first class people" or "become accurate professionals."

Oya after 1-5, stop worrying.
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by uuzba(m): 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2022
imagrg:
Try to rehabilitate him. He is your brother and still has that youthful exuberance in him. I believe you can change him for good!
I had one like that too but today, he is abroad and a Pastor too!

Ehen and so what?
He is abroad and a Pastor too
Is that supposed to make him a good person or what?

Pastor abroad cannot be drug addicts, liars and criminals again or what are you saying?
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Sunnyshinylight(f): 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2022
You are playing with fire �, he's entitled guy, you better deal that boy now, or you will regret badly. After what you suffered last night, he still got the guts to snub you like no wahala, wow, his mind is so strong and stupid.

Please stay far from him, coupled with the fact that he's into smoking weed, wow, for me, you are nothing to him except his friends.
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by femmoy(m): 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2022
Nicepoker:
A woman's thinking capacity is not wired that way.

Then learn from it and move on, sending him away only aggravates his situation as he could fall into wrong hands and your mom wouldn't be able to handle him since she was the same person who over pampered him.

Next time you find yourself in such position,try to think and figure out a way through. What if the fence was so high and you can't climb through, would you have slept outside?
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by IsaacRocks(m): 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:
The boy is 19 this year

But it was 7pm

Chase that man out, I was almost same at his age but when I saw that I was alone and no one cared for I gathered brain, now I have been alone for years and I love my families, I also own my own registered company at age 23 but that decision of my parents letting me leave the house changed everything.
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Klass99(f): 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2022
angry

2 Likes

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Chopcy29: 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2022
doggedfighter:
If he leaves your house, can your parents handle him ?

This one will give you serious headache.

I would have suggested sending him back to people that brought him to this world but I fear he will send them to early grave.

From the look of things he's joined those Edo cult boys and criminals !

Sighs !

Easy young lady. The boy is just feeling his teenage age, nothing much...
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Obidient4life3: 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:
I use all the vex inside me and push the door open.
My room was smelling strong disgusting smell of Indian hemp. I saw this yeye boy snoring with music playing on speaker
I flog him belt as he was sleeping and we argued as I scolded him.
This morning he refuse to talk to me and even reject the fried egg I made

so I've started thinking of sending him out of my house. The trauma I experience last night still vexing me.
Should I punish him by not giving him money for 1 week
or
Should I purse him from my house?
Currently my boy is going to school on leg for the whole of this week for going out at night leaving the house unlocked while my wife was sleeping.
No break money or Tfare for school for the week. I don't tolerate nonsense.
For the fact that be smokes send him home before he puts you in trouble!
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by ncpat(m): 2:03pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:
My room was smelling strong disgusting smell of Indian hemp. I saw this yeye boy snoring with music playing on speaker

so I've started thinking of sending him out of my house. The trauma I experience last night still vexing me.
or
Mark my words, if you don't send him away and disassociate yourself from him, one day he will kill you without hesitation.
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Ladyzip(f): 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2022
Be careful. They went this boys kills people this days not minding the relationship is so alarming, handle him with care okay. The Lord is your strength
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by placeofallure(f): 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:

It's my mother
She will cry and roll on the floor if she hear I chase him out. I still blame her for over pampering him. Always giving excuse for his bad behaviours now she has left me to deal with him.
I really want to send him back, what happened last night almost drove me mad.
Now he has comeback and still ignoring me.
Like seriously, I'm the one that should be ignoring him for what he did last night.
It's just becuz of mama that I trying my best to tolerate him.

Those mother's ehn! That's what they do. They will want somebody to clear their mess after spoiling the boys.

My kid brother that stays with me, he cannot lift a finger to save himself from drowning. I always beg my husband whenever he complains. My own is if you misbehave, no food, I don't even bat an eyelid. My husband is the good Samaritan that will still go behind me and give him money.

This one wey your brother com dey smoke Igbo, I no fit tolerate that one lailai! Mbanu! If my mama like make her BP rise, the boy dey go. I can't stay with a smoker, especially where kids are. It's not a matter of punishment, he's going!
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Goldmaxx(f): 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2022
udede:
You need to send him parking for not showing remorse
for smoking weed or not opening the gate?
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Munzy14(m): 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2022
JoeRizzla:
which one are you punishing him for
Weed
OR
Not opening the gates.
Maybe for lighting that thing inside Rizzla grin
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Munzy14(m): 2:32pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:
The boy is 19 this year

But it was 7pm

He took himself to cloud9 and fight his worries grin.

Continue, you may be the one to change him a bit..but if na corrupt, forget it he is far gone..May be next will be inviting babe to your house..

Just use words of heart to heart to talk sense into him.

Don't use force..He allowed you wipe him belt, go and apologise to him..On a normal day, a 19years old guy will deal with any lady of any size even if you've been to a military training.

You don't use force in this case.

Talk to him when he is calm, if na cry, cry to him..He is your blood..If he stray, you lost a huge thing.

If he succeed, you will be on his lips as a life changing story.

Don't ever flog a grown man..To avoid bad news here.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Fritzy: 2:38pm On Nov 10, 2022
Give him a gift then you talk to him about life and future.
FeliciaOja:
The boy is 19 this year

But it was 7pm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Saig: 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:

It's my mother
She will cry and roll on the floor if she hear I chase him out. I still blame her for over pampering him. Always giving excuse for his bad behaviours now she has left me to deal with him.
Like seriously, I'm the one that should be ignoring him for what he did last night.

Call him, sit him down and talk to him

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Ayomivic(m): 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2022
If you stop given him money. He can decided to follow the way of other guys around who are smoker like him to get money

If you send him back ,he may run away from home and get accomodations from his smoker friends and they would turn him to monster for you.

So him love,tell him the reason he should not be taking india hemp . Point to two or three guys around whom that things had turned to monster.

Tell him with love what that things made him to do to you last night.

Let him reason how bad and how sober his parents would feel when they discover that he was taken India hemp.

Then let him know that he is not a correct man . Tell him that any Man that allows something to control his life is not a correct man . A man must be incharge of his life . He should be able to do away with anything that can make him or anyome around him cry at anytime. Tell him you want to see if he is a correct man by stop taken any kind of drugs and the counting start from the day you speak to him.

Monitor him and when he goes to it again , just tell him with love ' you failed again? When are you going to stand like a man and defeat your enemy?

Tell him to stop meeting those friend of him.

I pray God would help him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by harmony75: 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2022
Punish him more and why fry egg for the stupid boy don't send him back but make him see what he did was wrong then let him apologize.
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Harmony92(f): 3:09pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:

It's my mother
Start by giving him a warning that you will throw him out of your house if he doesn't change his yeye behavior.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by OlowoLagos(m): 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2022
I’m not sure you’ll see dis out of plenty comments but if u r getting dis, biko handle this situation as fast as u can. Plenty of this our generation in the prison putting their families in trouble for doing illegal drugs; i will suggest you take him for counseling or better still go to ndlea office very close, arrange with DDR department to arrest him and make him fear.

You can beg them to put him in d cell for a day and let him hear testimonies from cell people and also a small beating from them. It might help but biko do something very fast b4 he drops security guard to sales boy working in joint for a dealer that will run if nemesis catch up on him leaving the family running around to look for lawyer and cry see him in prison.

FeliciaOja:

It's my mother

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by FavouredNK: 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2022
Nazgul:
Doesn't he have a phone you could have used to reach him to open the gate for you rather than banging on the gate for hours?

When next you have a visitor, family member or friends, state your house rules clearly on the first day of their visit, don't just assume they'll be nice, Nigerians aren't nice people, they're opportunists. If they can't abide by your rules, bundle them out of your house that very moment and stand by your decision regardless of how they beg or who they call to mediate on their behalf.

Believe me, when next they visit you, they would behave properly. 90% of Nigerians are mad, so you have to display your own madness so they can accord you some respect.

What happens to reading well to comprehend first then comment after, her battery phone died hence she can't make calls
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by FavouredNK: 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:

or

This problem doesn't look like what you can handle I must be sincere, first he is already an adult who thinks he can take any decisions for himself plus he doesn't have respect for you nor have remorse for his actions. If the people who gave birth to him couldn't handle him and has pushed him to you, I wonder what magic you intend to perform on a 19 year old man. Bend them till they are 7 is not just a mere saying. So be careful before you enter into bigger trouble all in the name of being an assistant mother.
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by mechanics(m): 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2022
It's better you send him back to where he came from since he's turning to something else.
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by jubrilELsudan: 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2022
GO TO YOUR LOCAL POLICE STATION AND ARRANGE WITH THEM TO DRILL HIM JUST FOR ONE DAY

BY THE TIME HE SPENDS ONE DAY AT THE POLICE STATION SEEING HOW THEY TREAT CRIMINALS....HE WILL RETHINK HIS LIFE AND THE ROAD HE IS HEADING TO

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Spray(m): 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:

It's my mother

Pursue the spoilt brat from there... Mama ko mama ni
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by doggedfighter(f): 3:45pm On Nov 10, 2022
Germi9:

Where are you from?

Is it because I mentioned Edo ?
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by deebrownneymar: 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:

or
you’re in trouble. Send him away if you want peace of mind. Don’t let him make you regret keeping him there.
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by tyinfinity: 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2022
Your brother has joined those zombidients OSU boys That have left Lagos for benin.send the guy back to the village
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by tojahh(m): 4:27pm On Nov 10, 2022
Cool fried rice for him.
Ensure you put chicken and eggs
Buy 2 bottles of Star for him as well.
After he's done eating, take him out to a boutique and buy him clothes with 60k
Buy him a new phone too

Do these to apologize to him.

You wan apologize,you go dey fry only eggs. Thank God he turned it down.
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Cde1: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2022
Flog

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Just Married 50 Years Ago: Cute Pictures Of My Parents' Wedding Anniversary. / checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide / Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.