Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit (4720 Views)

Delta Monarch Gives Fulani Herdsmen Nine Days To Quit Kingdom. / Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! / Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by tpia5: 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2011
I do hope they were misquoted because this is beyond s.tupid.

Smh.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by tpia5: 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2011
Probably a false report.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2011
I am not against people's views here but it is annoying to see people saying what's Nigeria concern in this. Have you all forgotten it's same Muommar Gaddafi that said Nigeria should divide.

Gaddafi should quit because if not it's going to lead to spilling of more innocent blood.

I agree with Nigeria for him to quit, it is as simple as that because he can't win this war!
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by tpia5: 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2011
Yes, gaddafi indeed made that statement.

Shows he didnt really understand nigeria as much as he thought he did.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by jamace(m): 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2011
Even Gadaffi knows it. There is no need telling him.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by heynew: 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2011
based on what diplomatic gains, or they just say because  many leaders ( which i strongly believed is for one diplomatic gains or the other ) are saying.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2011
@jamace

If he knew,why hasn't he quit yet?
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by chinaaman(f): 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2011
This is a good decision by the FG, almost all the big Nations has recognized the rebel Govt in Libya our's should not be different.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by dustydee: 2:32pm On Aug 23, 2011
I don't think this is right. Gadafi is wrong but that is not the best way of dealing with the crisis. I am disappointed at the FGs position.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by Knight1(m): 2:35pm On Aug 23, 2011
Kx:

Now that the deed is done, everybody are now supporting the rebels.

abi o
This GEJ is really a shame to the seat of the presidency. At least Yar'adua could blame sickness for his own silly decisions.
When SA's president was running around, Nigeria kept quiet, same thing during the gbagbo saga.
it's just plain sad that our president is totally Confused and obviously unprepared and thus incompetent for the job of president of the largest country and dare i say the most important in AfRICA!!!
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^^^
Say you have some shades of animosity for the president because I don't see anything wrong for Nigeria telling Gaddafi to quit the war he can't win.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by daywatcher: 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2011
hercules07:

Can someone please tell me the economy indices under Ghaddafi's rule (GDP, life expectancy, literacy level and so on), if they surpass what we have, please Ghaddafi should come and be our President.

maybe we should start a facebook campaign
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by Builder: 2:48pm On Aug 23, 2011
So, why is everyone against Gadaffi? Despite the image created for him he has made remarkable advances in human rights and offers the best standards of living for any African nation. Free education, free housing, affordable non GM food, clean water, cheap electricity, affordable loans and it has resisted attempts to sell out Libya to western investors for a long long time because Gadaffi understands the consequences.

One of his sons was in the last couple years starting up democratic institutions which the population could get involved with and the uprising was partly comprised by Muslim fundamentalists from the West of Libya. NATO capitalised on this by demonising Gadaffi and grossly exaggerating stories and even fabricating lots of them about the on going occupation.

All the hope Libya had is now gone, because it now has a puppet regime in the making who are going to sell out Libya's wealth and trade it for "freedom"

Gadaffi was attempting to make a gold backed currency and encouraging other African nations to join him in this move which would mean that we could see better balance and essentially destroy the petrodollar (quite rightfully, the big oil industry players and the governments and investors they support and vice vera only care about profit and will stop at no lengths to secure profit whether it means death or poverty to others).
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by Builder: 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2011
In my view, Obama is a disgrace and utter fool for attacking the continent that gave his father his identity and value, obama has gone from hero to zero for suppporting NATO and calling fpr Gadaffi to quit , Can some pls tell me exactly why that fool was given the nobel peace prize for again
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by kodewrita(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2011
Builder:

In my view, Obama is a disgrace and utter fool for attacking the continent that gave his father his identity and value, obama has gone from hero to zero for suppporting NATO and calling fpr Gadaffi to quit , Can some pls tell me exactly why that fool was given the nobel peace prize for again

He was not elected by africans and they had no hand in raising him. He had an absent father and therefore owes africa no help.

Builder:

So, why is everyone against Gadaffi? Despite the image created for him he has made remarkable advances in human rights and offers the best standards of living for any African nation. Free education, free housing, affordable non GM food, clean water, cheap electricity, affordable loans and it has resisted attempts to sell out Libya to western investors for a long long time because Gadaffi understands the consequences.

One of his sons was in the last couple years starting up democratic institutions which the population could get involved with and the uprising was partly comprised by Muslim fundamentalists from the West of Libya. NATO capitalised on this by demonising Gadaffi and grossly exaggerating stories and even fabricating lots of them about the on going occupation.

All the hope Libya had is now gone, because it now has a puppet regime in the making who are going to sell out Libya's wealth and trade it for "freedom"

Gadaffi was attempting to make a gold backed currency and encouraging other African nations to join him in this move which would mean that we could see better balance and essentially destroy the petrodollar (quite rightfully, the big oil industry players and the governments and investors they support and vice vera only care about profit and will stop at no lengths to secure profit whether it means death or poverty to others).

Said earlier: its a no-brainer. Population of port harcourt and the largest energy resources in africa. He doesnt even have to be an angel for that country to be well equipped. Its like claiming that Brunei is well served because its sultan (one-time richest man in the world) has built hospitals for a country half the size of Ore, Ondo state in population.

the simple fact is that north africa wants democracy and will get it.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by Ayoobscom(m): 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2011
If Ghadafi were Nigerian President we all would have had life and not surviving instead of living

Libyans can never rise against Ghadafi if the West had not brainwashed and set good people against their good leader.

Ghadafi for your own information will nerver quit.

Africa unfortunately has no identity today, CAN NIGERIA GO TO BELGIUM TO THROW BOMB?

WERE LIBYAN PEOPLE NOT COMFORTABLE,SELF SUFFICIENT UNDER GHADAFI.

The length of ruling is not what matters, what matters is efficiency and effectiveness

NIGERIA HAVE HAD 15 PRESIDENTS AND THE PEOPLE HAS NEVER AT ANY TIME IN ANY FORM EXPERINCED THE GOODLIVES GIVEN TO LIBYAN BY GHADAFI

PEOPLE THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE!
I WILL NEVER REMAIN A SLAVE IN MY THINKING TO ANYBODY OR NATION. lailai

AFTER KILLING GHDAFI, then lets see who is next.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by Rgp92: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2011
Libyians under Gaddafi had it better than Nigerians under Obasanjo who was elected. Just wait and see, Libya will never recover undecided
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by MMM2(m): 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2011
am out
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^^^
I am out too, haven't seen some unconventional comments made here!
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by velo10: 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2011
Where was Nigeria when the AU needed their voice to stop NATO'S bombing campaign to overthrow a country's gevernment. now all we could do is rant at the end for a government dat has been 50% more effective dan their democracy. Gej's foreign afrairs is a ultimate mess. kudos to Jacob Zuma. That guy's won my admiration
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by Builder: 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2011
Democracy? Is that when you invade another country (A lot weaker than yours,) kill innocent people, steal all their national resources, tell everyone how to run their country, when they seem incapable of running their own (15 trillion dollars of debt, so far!) Great!!! Anyone who thinks that's the way to go is just 'braindead'!
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2011
Rgp92:

Libyians under Gaddafi had it better than Nigerians under Obasanjo who was elected. Just wait and see, Libya will never recover undecided

Those mallams think say na to thumbprint elect leader be the best thing in this life. . .by the time all those freebies they enjoyed under ghadaffi stop now,their eyes go clear.I just hope they have a good minimum wage cuz Nigeria is still fighting to accept a common 18K as a minimum wage despite all the oil wealth !
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by slimghost(m): 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
Gaddafi is better than all our presidents put 2gether. Duration of governance doesn't matter, what matters is the quality. lets stop being brainwashed by these fools, cuz we know the truth. They want us to believe arming rebels is the way out of this situation? bloody ediots!!!! lemmie see how they are going to disarm and control them and pls mark my word, it will take Libya years to recover from this.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by haboosa(m): 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
Gaddafi. . . . . .  A cat with NINE Lifes grin grin grin grin grin he is better than our own leader here only that he is a Tyrant and want to made Saif-li-Islam the next Libyan leader just like Bashar al assad of Syria angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by bobothem(m): 4:03pm On Aug 23, 2011
We have alot foolish nigerians on this nairaland.must we see everything done by our government as bad,and must we always insult our president.whether you like it or not,GADHAFI is going.enough of him.stop using foul language to address the president.if you don't like him,just respect that his office
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by olapluto(m): 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2011
Nigeria is in trouble with this Jonathan government. This is straight from Whitehouse and Whitehall. The game plan is simple: Shock Tripoli invasion, get media rolling news of Ghadaffi defeats (plus arrests), get many more countries endorsing the rebels. I'm very sure it was an email from a very junior officer in the US secretary of state office that got our own Joe boy making senseless endorsements. It is foreign relations blunders like this that makes me cringe.
Yesterday, Mr Cameron of Britain goofed when he came out boldly (with some vindicative pomposity) to say 2 of Gadaffi's sons are in custody. I do not know much about Gaddafi, but I see alot of inexperience in Nigeria's new stance. I wonder if Jonathan knows that the rebels have long been accusing Ghadaffi of using so many NIGERIAN snipers! What this means is that any Nigerian caught out in Libya is up for death! Al-Jazeera once showed a Nigerian passport as haven been found on a Ghadaffi mercenary. The passport showed a lady from Benin City. The Nigerian foreign office kept silent on that. We are losing it on many fronts as Nigerians. We are no longer respected anywhere. We have long sided the Palestinians in their UN statehood bid. But here comes Jonathan Goodluck, with some little persuasions, he is now considering lining up behind the USA as a supporter of Israel. These events make one thing inevitable: Nigeria will get so messed up that a revolution will become inevitable. I say well done to the puppets in Abuja.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by tpia5: 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2011
once more @ topic

nigerians and their big mouths. undecided undecided

is it by force to not remain silent. undecided

let AU make the pronouncements for goodness sake.

i really tire for these people.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by naijaway(m): 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2011
Am trying to comprehend what is wrong here outside of the fact that we don't have dependable security, electricity, and have lots of greed.
So many here would have been happy to see Gaddafi send his men from door to door, alleyway to alleyway, and room to room, causing mass homicide all in the name of power which he already had for 42yrs. If a big fool like Nigeria who claims to be the giant of Africa didn't utter a word for all these years against tryanny then it is no wonder why we have been and continue to be a backward ever country (God forbid).  
 Kudos to goodluck on this issue, now continue calling out others beginning from our neighbor cameroun, then to zimbabwe, and anyother in the continental Africa including mideast while simultenously working on internal affairs. Is better we voice our distaste on this matter and be friends with sane people than keep quiet and be against the populace. Kudos to obama on this liberation struggle and yes they America and the other helps should be rewarded with contracts and deals; eventhough i believe the libyans are smart to also be beneficiaries of whatever deals and contracts eg technology, education etc Not like black africans.  These northern africans compare themselves to middle east, asia, europe, and  americas never black africans. The same badstard(gaddafi) who called black africans sad names, no respect for black africans globally. It is a shame.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by Makbo: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2011
Not surprising at all. Nigeria Government has condonned similar atrocities perpetrated by France in Cote d'Ivoire 4 months ago. You were not outraged when France and UN armies bombarded Gbagbo's presidential palace in April 2011?
Come on, Nigerians, Stop your hypocrisy !!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMSdaDrQx0Q&feature=watch_response
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by tpia5: 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2011
If a big fool like Nigeria who claims to be the giant of Africa didn't utter a word for all these years

cant argue with that. undecided
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by kodewrita(m): 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
Proud to be a citizen of a nation that has stopped siding with tyrants and sit-tight leaders in the name of Pan-Africanism.
Re: Nigeria Urges Gaddafi To Quit by bisiaet: 4:50pm On Aug 23, 2011
Too late to quit now he has to wait till the end. his is game of no return, afterall his defiant son say they will win so we are waiting to see that victory magic they want to use.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Considers Tough Stance On Boko Haram As SSS Parades Suspects / The Right To Bear Arms In Nigeria / Ongoing Boko Haram Attack On Maiduguri!-breaking. ; Aljazeera.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.