Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,757 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories (20382 Views)

Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family / Married To Mum Of 2 But The Babies Dad Choose To Neglect Responsibilities. / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by erico2k2(m): 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2022
pocohantas:

Your shalaye is unnecessary, Sir. The women in question are usually not learned enough to know this. So yes, “under the guise” would suffice.
so you are telling me a couple who can cough up N2milion is not learned enough to understand what ectopic pregnancy is? Are you being serious??
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by erico2k2(m): 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2022
Mynd44:

I know what it is.

What these people tell desperate women is what I exposed. They lie to the desperate women who are willing to try anything
You keep using the word desperate women, don't you mean desperate couples??
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by pocohantas(f): 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2022
erico2k2:

be honest with yourself and answer this question, if you are married and can't have kids but your husband can, bill is N2m would you go to so called baby factory to get a child or contact one of them Agents and have ur husband sperm fertilise frozen or extracted eggs to fertilize and put back to another woman AKA Surrogacy?
NB.What most people do not realize is most of the baby factories we so call are actually low budget Surrogacy clinics.

This is not about me. Like I said, a lot of these women are ignorant and sometimes brainwashed by pastors. Nothing to be honest with myself here. They don’t particularly go to baby factories, some of these BFs work in conjunction with maternal homes and these women are told not to go to proper hospitals as an evil hand is after the child or many other nonsense.

erico2k2:

so you are telling me a couple who can cough up N2milion is not learned enough to understand what ectopic pregnancy is? Are you being serious??

You are telling yourself that all the “rich” people in the country are BSc and PhD holders.

5 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by Kobojunkie: 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2022
erico2k2:

be honest with yourself and answer this question, if you are married and can't have kids but your husband can, bill is N2m would you go to so called baby factory to get a child or contact one of them Agents and have ur husband sperm fertilise frozen or extracted eggs to fertilize and put back to another woman AKA Surrogacy?
NB.What most people do not realize is most of the baby factories we so call are actually low budget Surrogacy clinics.
Can you please indicate the contact information of some of these Surrogacy clinics were the services indicated in bold can be obtained right there in Nigeria abeg! undecided

By the way, my understanding is that a baby factories are places we're actual babies are birthed and sold to individuals/couples. Why is a Surrogacy clinic listed as a Banu factory when there are no actual babies given to couples when they visit- I mean the surrogate and couple meet up at a hospital after all has been taken care of, right? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by Dayaa: 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2022
Mynd44:
They are sold to families who can't have babies for one reason or another. Or unsuspecting women under the guise of Ectopic pregnancy

In the second case, a woman who has had issues with conceiving goes to them, they inject her with meds that will cause accumulation of fluid in her belly then warn her not to do scan as the pregnancy is ectopic.

After nine months, they drug the mother up and present a baby from the factory as the baby she delivered.

What!
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by Dayaa: 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2022
Ireportlive:
cool

Why not just make adoption process more easier

Anyways according to some reports, ritualist buy them and pound them live making different soaps

Almost everything and parts of a new born baby is potent in making different charms

No!
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by erico2k2(m): 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Can you please indicate the contact information of some of these Surrogacy clinics were the services indicated in bold can be obtained abeg! undecided
Bro they are plenty in Nigeria, loads of couples I have seen have traveld back to Nigeria from the Uk to have it done cos its cheaper plus once you are above 35 you cannot do it in the Uk under NHS
Im quite close to this as in my line of work I have to deal and maintain some of the equipment's for storing of eggs and sperm. Check you city and google there must be one of them Family clinic near you. just check for IVF clinics, the big names will come out.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by Kobojunkie: 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
erico2k2:

Bro they are plenty in Nigeria, loads of couples I have seen have traveld back to Nigeria from the Uk to have it done cos its cheaper plus once you are above 35 you cannot do it in the Uk under NHS
Im quite close to this as in my line of work I have to deal and maintain some of the equipment's for storing of eggs and sperm. Check you city and google there must be one of them Family clinic near you. just check for IVF clinics, the big names will come out.
I don't know of any is why I ask. So what you meant was an IVF clinic? But people don't typically refer to IVF clinics as baby factories in Nigeria. undecided

By the way, my understanding is that a baby factories are places we're actual babies are birthed and sold to individuals/couples. Why is a Surrogacy clinic listed as a Banu factory when there are no actual babies given to couples when they visit- I mean the surrogate and couple meet up at a hospital after all has been taken care of, right?
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by Corto: 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
Two02:
What happens to the babies born in factories i.n the southern Part of the country are they sold abroad illegally for organ exporting

They are all sold.

Some of them are lucky to be bought by childless women who raise them well and pass them off to the world as their own biological children. The unlucky ones are bought by ritualistss (big shot politicians, yahoo boys and cultists) who slaughter them for juju or pound them inside mortars for the same purpose.

4 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by Mynd44: 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2022
erico2k2:

You keep using the word desperate women, don't you mean desperate couples??
You don't seem to have an understanding of unlearned people so please stay away from me.

In Nigeria, a woma who has gone 20 years without a child is most likely on her own in her quest.

But this has flown over your head same way "in the guise of has"

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by erico2k2(m): 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2022
pocohantas:

This is not about me. Like I said, a lot of these women are ignorant and sometimes brainwashed by pastors. Nothing to be honest with myself here. They don’t particularly go to baby factories, some of these BFs work in conjunction with maternal homes and these women are told not to go to proper hospitals as an evil hand is after the child or many other nonsense.

You are telling yourself that all the “rich” people in the country are BSc and PhD holders.
I never said it was about you I was using you as an illustration,
Anyway the narrative you gave up there is quite extreme do not believe this is the true reflection on ground as IVF is fairly cheap in Nigeria,N1.5 million can sort you out in a low budget location so why all them stress.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by Akharmony: 1:06pm On Nov 10, 2022
I notice series of arrest but the people who pirchase the babies have never been brought to book. . I hear that in most cases after some settlement they allow the culprit go.
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by christistruth01: 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2022
asanausana91:
They are the ipob terrorists of today.

They are used mostly as Sacrifice for Rituals

That is the bitter Truth that Nigerians do

not want to face it but that is what is going

on and it must be stopped!

It is not Just Abominable it is far far Worse than that

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by Kobojunkie: 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2022
erico2k2:
Anyway the narrative you gave up there is quite extreme do not believe this is the true reflection on ground as IVF is fairly cheap in Nigeria,N1.5 million can sort you out in a low budget location so why all them stress.
"Baby factory" isn't a term used to refer to IVF clinics though. Why confuse the two?. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by erico2k2(m): 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2022
Mynd44:

You don't seem to have an understanding of unlearned people so please stay away from me.

In Nigeria, a woma who has gone 20 years without a child is most likely on her own in her quest.

But this has flown over your head same way "in the guise of has"
Just cos u was made Mod does not mean you can speak to people in flip flop way and xpect a backdown who the hell do you think you are, you are xtreemly rude why don't you just seize responding if you cannot have an adult conversation, .No one is begging you to agree with anyone, if you do not like what Im posting you are more than welcome to stop responding do not get too big for your boots
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by erico2k2(m): 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
"Baby factory" isn't a term used to refer to IVF clinics though. Why confuse the two?. undecided
Ok fair enough so what's the difference?
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by Mynd44: 1:10pm On Nov 10, 2022
erico2k2:

A fertility clinic and baby factory are two different things.

A baby factory is illegal and people go there to BUY BABIES!!! not do IVF or Surrogacy

If you do not know the context being used, ask

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by ngadaAwo: 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2022
DenreleDave:
they are the ones coming to lagos to claim no mans land... also ip0b terro risttt
they have long neck too like one David Adenrele

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by azpekuliar: 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2022
Mynd44:
They are sold to families who can't have babies for one reason or another. Or unsuspecting women under the guise of Ectopic pregnancy

In the second case, a woman who has had issues with conceiving goes to them, they inject her with meds that will cause accumulation of fluid in her belly then warn her not to do scan as the pregnancy is ectopic.

After nine months, they drug the mother up and present a baby from the factory as the baby she delivered.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by Kobojunkie: 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2022
erico2k2:
Ok fair enough so what's the difference?
Baby factories undecided

And the script almost always reads the same. Young girls, mostly in rural areas, desperate for jobs or those stuck in tough conditions in the IDP camps are approached, mostly by someone they know, with a promise of a job and good life. Once they get into their ‘places of work’ they are held in desolate situations and denied any contact with the outside world. They are then raped and forced to carry their pregnancies to term. Once they deliver, their children are taken from them and they are kicked from these homes. Media reports have narrated of how the girls are raped in turns even when pregnant with some as young as 13 getting pregnant. 

“Traffickers operate “baby factories”—often disguised as orphanages, maternity homes, or religious centers—where traffickers hold women against their will, rape them, and force them to carry and deliver a child. The traffickers sell the children, sometimes with the intent to exploit them in forced labor and sex trafficking,” read a section of the 2019 United States Department of State Trafficking in Persons report while describing the human trafficking situation in the West African nation. In the black market, the gender of the child determines the price with boys costing more, at $1400 compared to girls $830. 
https://www.fairplanet.org/story/the-baby-factories-of-nigeria
Baby factories are illegal and for good reason. undecided
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by erico2k2(m): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't know of any is why I ask. So what you meant was an IVF clinic? But people don't typically refer to IVF clinics as baby factories in Nigeria. undecided

By the way, my understanding is that a baby factories are places we're actual babies are birthed and sold to individuals/couples. Why is a Surrogacy clinic listed as a Banu factory when there are no actual babies given to couples when they visit- I mean the surrogate and couple meet up at a hospital after all has been taken care of, right?
Hmmm You know the notion of where there are no buyers there are no sellers right?
U think of this, would you pay N1.5 to buy a child from baby factory when you can actually do IVF for N1.5 and be blood related to the child?your answer to this will give a clear understanding to what I am talking about
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by SAMAJ: 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2022
The babies are roasted and use for barbeque dinners.
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by pocohantas(f): 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2022
erico2k2:

Do not use me as an illustration as I do not fit into that demographic. IVF is cheaper with a 50:50 success rate. These women are not usually below 35-40. Which further reduces their chances. You can’t compare IVF with a doctor/pastor that has promised them a 100% miracle baby.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by Sleekfingers: 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2022
Two02:
What happens to the babies born in factories i.n the southern Part of the country are they sold abroad illegally for organ exporting

They are use to prepare egusi soup.......
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by erico2k2(m): 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Baby factories undecided

Baby factories are illegal and for good reason. undecided
I have seen this in documentary in Nigeria and loads of other parts of the world but that is at extreme
You do know in NIgeria when a doctor is offering surrogacy he has to house the pregnant girls somewhere depending on the pocket of the customer right? sometimes in a four-bedroom flat in the city and people around had called the police and they get raided and labelled baby factories right?
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2022
erico2k2:
Hmmm You know the notion of where there are no buyers there are no sellers right?
U think of this, would you pay N1.5 to buy a child from baby factory when you can actually do IVF for N1.5 and be blood related to the child?your answer to this will give a clear understanding to what I am talking about
And you assume everyone cares whether the baby is blood related or not? undecided

A woman who is, for instance, married to an impotent man and is about to be kicked out of her marriage for being barren would go as far as to steal a stranger's baby in order to keep her Mrs. Status intact. Don't try to think too simply of the Nigerian mentality abeg! undecided

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by erico2k2(m): 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2022
pocohantas:

Do not use me as an illustration as I do not fit into that demographic. IVF is cheaper with a 50:50 success rate. These women are not usually below 35-40. Which further reduces their chances. You can’t compare IVF with a doctor/pastor that has promised them a 100% miracle baby.
well I did not mean U as a person but still I will stop using you in narratives,
That been said, do not forget IVF is part of surrogacy. Hey go together
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by Kobojunkie: 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2022
erico2k2:

I have seen this in documentary in Nigeria and loads of other parts of the world but that is at extreme
You do know in NIgeria when a doctor is offering surrogacy he has to house the pregnant girls somewhere depending on the pocket of the customer right? sometimes in a four-bedroom flat in the city and people around had called the police and they get raided and labelled baby factories right?
I understand the people's fear since no one wants a baby factory in their neighborhood cause it could be their daughter next. undecided

Boarding all surrogates together in a place can raise suspicions and yes, it is right that the police are made aware of what is going on too. undecided
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by pocohantas(f): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2022
erico2k2:

well I did not mean U as a person but still I will stop using you in narratives,
That been said, do not forget IVF is part of surrogacy. Hey go together

Do not forget that IVF is not 100% success and the women in question are most times old, unlearned, desperate, brainwashed and religious zombies.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by erico2k2(m): 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
And you assume everyone cares whether the baby is blood related or not? undecided

A woman who is, for instance, married to an impotent man and is about to be kicked out of her marriage for being barren would go as far as to steal a stranger's baby in order to keep her Mrs. Status intact. Don't try to think too simply of the Nigerian mentality abeg! undecided
Well according to the narrative you gave up there dont you think since its the man who has the problem then they can have IVF?cos if I was a doctor and declare someone impotent, I will then have to tell them their options?
NB:
Guys these discussions and posting we all are having here might be key to some readers happiness, some people are actually in need of these info like yesterday, we might be joking about ir throwing banter etc, but trust me its a big deal in some people's life right about now.
Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by erico2k2(m): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2022
pocohantas:

Do not forget that IVF is not 100% success and the women in question are most times old, unlearned, desperate, brainwashed and religious zombies.
I know it's not 100% but that's where surrogacy came in as back up, one can be 200 years old and still have a surrogate mother!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? / 6 Ways To Be A Better Listener / Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.