Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Portugal Job Seekers Visa - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Portugal Job Seekers Visa (42570 Views)

Man Reveals Harsh Living Conditions Of Asylum Seekers In Portugal (video) / What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? / Job Seekers Visa Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by giggspro(m): 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2023
Culnellie:
Will they charge the same for proof of funds. Any idea?
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Culnellie(f): 11:39am On Aug 14, 2023
I don’t know about the conversion rate. What I posted is the current visa fee which is paid on naira. You can use bank rates to do your conversions for proof of funds.
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by giggspro(m): 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
Culnellie:
I don’t know about the conversion rate. What I posted is the current visa fee which is paid on naira. You can use bank rates to do your conversions for proof of funds.
Alright
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by ahmedio2017(m): 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2023
Culnellie:

Please is Portugal now accepting job seekers application now?
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Culnellie(f): 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2023
ahmedio2017:

Please is Portugal now accepting job seekers application now?

yes
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by MadeMan01(m): 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
Culnellie:

yes

Please confirm. since when? where are we to submit? at VFSGlobal?
I was there in July but my application was rejected. I was told Portugal Embassy told them not to accept job seeker application
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Culnellie(f): 7:19pm On Aug 16, 2023
MadeMan01:

Please confirm. since when? where are we to submit? at VFSGlobal?
I was there in July but my application was rejected. I was told Portugal Embassy told them not to accept job seeker application

You can only apply for long stay visa at the Portuguese embassy in Abuja. You have to book an appointment. Please check online for the link .

2 Likes

Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Oluseun234: 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
Pls folks be clear on whether or not there is appointment date for job seeker visa and success rate

One person comes here to say no appointment date for legalisation and visa documents submission & interview;
Another comes to say: they are accepting applications since July. Giving unreliable reports on the current state of the job seeker visa application

Who have tried between July and August and where did you submit your visa document requirements : in Abuja or VFS centre in Lagos ? What has been the success rate on this visa category

Let us be clear on this. There is no money to waste this 2023 on futile travel dreams.

Thank you for your understanding folks

1 Like

Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by MadeMan01(m): 2:44am On Aug 17, 2023
Oluseun234:
Pls folks be clear on whether or not there is appointment date for job seeker visa and success rate

One person comes here to say no appointment date for legalisation and visa documents submission & interview;
Another comes to say: they are accepting applications since July. Giving unreliable reports on the current state of the job seeker visa application

Who have tried between July and August and where did you submit your visa document requirements : in Abuja or VFS centre in Lagos ? What has been the success rate on this visa category

Let us be clear on this. There is no money to waste this 2023 on futile travel dreams.

Thank you for your understanding folks

I tried to submit on July 14 at VFS Lagos. My application was rejected. The supervisor was called and he told me Portugal embassy sent them email not to collect job seeker visa application.
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by giggspro(m): 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2023
I was given 12 September for documents submission for job seekers visa at the embassy. I applied in july
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Cuteboi98(m): 9:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
Keenly following
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by itunuoye: 10:12am On Aug 18, 2023
You are not rejected. You are only told to apply through the ABUJA Embassy in Maitama. Embassy told VFS not to accept any National Visa which is the same as long stay visa. You can only apply for Schengen visa through vfs.

MadeMan01:

I tried to submit on July 14 at VFS Lagos. My application was rejected. The supervisor was called and he told me Portugal embassy sent them email not to collect job seeker visa application.
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by itunuoye: 10:14am On Aug 18, 2023
You booked an appointment for September 12. I thought you are saying you have been to embassy before and told you to come back September 12. If am wrong

giggspro:
I was given 12 September for documents submission for job seekers visa at the embassy. I applied in july
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by MadeMan01(m): 2:48pm On Aug 21, 2023
itunuoye:
You are not rejected. You are only told to apply through the ABUJA Embassy in Maitama. Embassy told VFS not to accept any National Visa which is the same as long stay visa. You can only apply for Schengen visa through vfs.

Thanks for clarifying.
Please how can I schedule appointment for Job seeker visa at Abuja Embassy of Portugal?
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by itunuoye: 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2023
Currently now the embassy have not release any date yet. The last date I heard someone booked was December 26. Let just be hopeful a new date will be release
MadeMan01:

Thanks for clarifying.
Please how can I schedule appointment for Job seeker visa at Abuja Embassy of Portugal?
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by MadeMan01(m): 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2023
itunuoye:

Currently now the embassy have not release any date yet. The last date I heard someone booked was December 26. Let just be hopeful a new date will be release
How often do they release new dates for appointment?
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by pappy2000: 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2023
is VFS collecting application for tourist visa in Lagos
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by MadeMan01(m): 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2023
pappy2000:
is VFS collecting application for tourist visa in Lagos
yes
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Culnellie(f): 7:30am On Aug 24, 2023
Culnellie:

The visa fee has now increased due to the current exchange rate. It’s now 90793. This is new information from people that submitted their documents this week.
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by itunuoye: 7:39am On Aug 24, 2023
I think is together with police clearance certificate legalization fees. With increase it cant pass 70k... 80 or 90euros is the visa fees

Culnellie:

The visa fee has now increased due to the current exchange rate. It’s now 90793. This is new information from people that submitted their documents this week.
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Culnellie(f): 7:40am On Aug 24, 2023
itunuoye:
I think is together with police clearance certificate legalization fees. With increase it cant pass 70k... 80 or 90euros is the visa fees

Okay
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by MadeMan01(m): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
Hello House I applied for Portuguese Schengen visa and it was approved in 3 weeks for 36 days.
Still no date to schedule Job Seeker Visa
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Culnellie(f): 9:03pm On Sep 08, 2023
MadeMan01:
Hello House I applied for Portuguese Schengen visa and it was approved in 3 weeks for 36 days.

Congratulations. Did you already have travel history?
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Fleckingemy(m): 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2023
MadeMan01:
Can I send you a message I have a question I would like to ask
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by MadeMan01(m): 11:08pm On Sep 08, 2023
Fleckingemy:

Can I send you a message I have a question I would like to ask

fine, send
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by jarrot(m): 8:41am On Sep 09, 2023
MadeMan01:

How many days did you apply for and what was the duration of your health insurance.
Were you interviewed?
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by MadeMan01(m): 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2023
jarrot:

How many days did you apply for and what was the duration of your health insurance.
Were you interviewed?

3 months heath insurance. I told them I was going on holiday for 3 weeks. Starting October 6. But I had an existing France 90 day Schengen multiple entry visa expiring October 5. I was hoping to get another 90 day multiple entry. I was give single entry 36 days. No interview. Applied via VFSglobal
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by alert20: 10:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
MadeMan01:

3 months heath insurance. I told them I was going on holiday for 3 weeks. Starting October 6. But I had an existing France 90 day Schengen multiple entry visa expiring October 5. I was hoping to get another 90 day multiple entry. I was give single entry 36 days. No interview. Applied via VFSglobal

Congratulations, I assume you had a UK travel history as well, anyways forget about Portugal job visa since you have their short stay visa... Just travel and once you get to Portugal, call SEF and your case is settled ✌️✌️✌️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by MadeMan01(m): 6:08am On Sep 10, 2023
alert20:

Congratulations, I assume you had a UK travel history as well, anyways forget about Portugal job visa since you have their short stay visa... Just travel and once you get to Portugal, call SEF and your case is settled ✌️✌️✌️

Are you sure? I was researching online and learned you can only extend with SEF for visas 3 -4 months long for Temporary Resident Card? Yes I have UK travel history.

1 Like

Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by mercy87(f): 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2023
c00la:
Today was spent at the Federal Ministry of Education getting our Degree Certificates authenticated. From what I saw, you can do it in about an hour. But mine took 3 to 4 hours because the big man that signed was not around AND I had issues that made me do additional uploads.

How much did you pay for authentication?
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by mercy87(f): 5:07pm On Sep 10, 2023
lady25:

No visa yet o. I am about to start the process. I am just scared . Are you in portugal. I would really love to talk to someone in the system so I can know what my chances are . 3 million is not small money to someone like me

Sis..I understand you jare. Have you started?
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by loneytunes(m): 9:49am On Sep 13, 2023
MadeMan01:

Hello. Please I also sent you a message. Would like to ask some questions also

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? / Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) / Update On Akwa Ibom Airport Terminal Building.. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.