Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Portugal Job Seekers Visa - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Portugal Job Seekers Visa (43591 Views)

Man Reveals Harsh Living Conditions Of Asylum Seekers In Portugal (video) / What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? / Job Seekers Visa Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Hagiazowellness: 11:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
Please can someone confirm if the bank statement required has to be 3 months.

I understand that the fund must be equivalent to 3 months maintenance cost but does the fund have to be in the account for 3 months?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by MadeMan01(m): 10:24am On Sep 17, 2023
loneytunes:

Hello. Please I also sent you a message. Would like to ask some questions also

I responded
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Opinedecandid(m): 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2023
c00la:

Get ready to spend money here before the Job-Seeker Visa application is submitted:
- 3 months Portugal minimum wage in a Bank account per person (€760.00 per month x 3)
- Medical Travel Insurance (MTI) for 1 year @ around 32K (I used AIICO)
- Police Character Report @25K official from Possap website (I am yet to do this)
- Authentication of Educational Certificates and other documents @ N600 at MoE and N300 at MFA per document. Add the cost of travelling and staying in Abuja for 2 few days. I spent around 25K in total for all the documents.
- Airline Booking (Only Qatar and Ethiopian Airlines allowed to book-on-hold that you can print). If you don't know how to do it or have access to a printer, you have to pay someone to do it for you.
- If you don't have access to a scanner, (colour) printer and/or don't have skills to convert digital documents to png/jpg/pdf, then merge them, then reduce the sizes to fit the requirements, etc. you have to pay someone to do it. Then upload to the Portugal Foreign Affairs website and fill the form. In short, if you are Technology-challenged, be prepared to spend money.
- Pay for Accommodation for at least 20 days via AirBnB or any such service. (This is what I know happens in Brazil. I hope the Portugal Embassy in Nigeria will also accept AirBnB). We saw some AirBnB homes for 1,600 euros for a month in Lisbon. The Booking is part of what is submitted in the Visa application.

After Job-Seeker Visa approval:
- Air ticket to PT
- Return Ticket to Nigeria (the fully refundable one that is more expensive)
- Accommodation in PT after your AirBnB expires

After going through all the above, my family decided to just get a Migration Consultant in PT to do all the work for us. It is expensive. All our documents/letters/statements are scanned and in PDF form. They will go through our papers and advise us. They will submit on our behalf and we will wait for our visit to the Embassy. We are also getting their House hunting Service so that we can rent a house for a minimum of 6 months to 1 year. If the Embassy denies us, their Lawyer will fight for us.

Since I know the next question is "How much?" The Migration Service alone is 800 Euros per person. Children are half that price.
It is expensive.

Next question: "Name of Migration Consultant"... If you read one of my previous posts, I shared a link to Migration Tuesdays by Expats Portugal on Youtube. I have been watching the weekly Show for over 1 year now. The Migration Consultant Gilda Pereira's company Ei! is the one we are using. https://eimigrante.pt/en/

From what I have read previously, I the Migration agent does the work and also help you get an affordable/low cost accommodation that's far cheaper that the Airbnb cost, it's a good deal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by muhyideenabdul(m): 11:40pm On Sep 18, 2023
I am happy to join you here. I am confused from most of messages here. I sent them message concerning the booking which a reply was sent back to me that in two days time, they will get back to me. And also sent a request on Expression of Interest for JOB SEEKER VISA, they replied me today again that I will receive their response in two days time but within an hour, they sent the certificate to me that I have to go along with that certificate during my registration (interview).
I am confused to hear that they have closed the application. If they have really closed the Job Seeker Visa Application, my expression of interest would have not been granted. It seems they are working on how to facilitate the process.
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Ashirioluwa: 12:24am On Sep 19, 2023
Hagiazowellness:
Please can someone confirm if the bank statement required has to be 3 months.

I understand that the fund must be equivalent to 3 months maintenance cost but does the fund have to be in the account for 3 months?

Thanks

I can't find anywhere in their post where the length of the bank statement is specified for the job seeker visa, but I think a personal bank statement from the last three months will be OK.
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by muhyideenabdul(m): 6:03am On Sep 19, 2023
I will like to ask;

1. How many/which papers are the key to be submitted for legalization at the embassy?
2. Can I combine two documents per one page to minimize the cost?
3. How much is the cost for each page?

Please help answer these and I'm sure others will also benefit from the questions
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by MadeMan01(m): 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2023
muhyideenabdul:
I am happy to join you here. I am confused from most of messages here. I sent them message concerning the booking which a reply was sent back to me that in two days time, they will get back to me. And also sent a request on Expression of Interest for JOB SEEKER VISA, they replied me today again that I will receive their response in two days time but within an hour, they sent the certificate to me that I have to go along with that certificate during my registration (interview).
I am confused to hear that they have closed the application. If they have really closed the Job Seeker Visa Application, my expression of interest would have not been granted. It seems they are working on how to facilitate the process.

What is the latest you have heard about scheduling appointment?
I have not been able to book appointment since June and my PCC and Declaration is expiring this month
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by muhyideenabdul(m): 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2023
I joined this house for seeing it lovely but why is it so quiet now?

We have relevant questions above that can help everyone of us
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by MadeMan01(m): 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2023
muhyideenabdul:
I joined this house for seeing it lovely but why is it so quiet now?

We have relevant questions above that can help everyone of us

Maybe because there is no progress being recorded as people cannot schedule appointment. I know some peopls were able to get appointment but no update yet
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by muhyideenabdul(m): 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2023
MadeMan01:

Maybe because there is no progress being recorded as people cannot schedule appointment. I know some peopls were able to get appointment but no update yet

A lady managed to pick my call this afternoon concerning the booking. She told me we should exercise patient. They are working on it to make it more available and faster which she said it also be available for assesing probably tomorrow.
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Ashirioluwa: 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2023
muhyideenabdul:

A lady managed to pick my call this afternoon concerning the booking. She told me we should exercise patient. They are working on it to make it more available and faster which she said it also be available for assesing probably tomorrow.

Thank you for the information. Let us hope so.
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by muhyideenabdul(m): 11:16am On Sep 20, 2023
26th of this month is now available for booking for just Lagos center. I just checked it as the lady promised to be available from today
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Bostin(m): 11:29am On Sep 20, 2023
muhyideenabdul:
26th of this month is now available for booking for just Lagos center. I just checked it as the lady promised to be available from today
Lagos VFS don't accept Job seeker Visa application , has it changed .
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by MadeMan01(m): 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2023
muhyideenabdul:

VFS does not receive job seeker application. I was there twice in July and August and was told Portugal embassy instructed them no to accept job seeker Visa application.
I applied for Schengen Portugal visa and got 6 week single entry. But I need the job seeker visa to work

1 Like

Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Agalicious: 9:55am On Sep 21, 2023
The wait continues
Still no application vacancies
Vfs is not an option either 🤞🤞🤞

Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by pufframmy: 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2023
Na wa oo they are too Stingy of Visa instead of them to continue with what france gave you

MadeMan01:

3 months heath insurance. I told them I was going on holiday for 3 weeks. Starting October 6. But I had an existing France 90 day Schengen multiple entry visa expiring October 5. I was hoping to get another 90 day multiple entry. I was give single entry 36 days. No interview. Applied via VFSglobal

Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by pufframmy: 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2023
what are the documents you submited why applying for the Visa ?

MadeMan01:

3 months heath insurance. I told them I was going on holiday for 3 weeks. Starting October 6. But I had an existing France 90 day Schengen multiple entry visa expiring October 5. I was hoping to get another 90 day multiple entry. I was give single entry 36 days. No interview. Applied via VFSglobal

Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by loneytunes(m): 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2023
Agalicious:
The wait continues
Still no application vacancies
Vfs is not an option either 🤞🤞🤞

I thought I was the only one having this problem.

Please who knows if they are issuing visiting/tourist visas?
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by zeezus(m): 5:40am On Oct 24, 2023
Hi guys, have anyone gotten a date for visa appointment yet
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by Culnellie(f): 7:10pm On Oct 24, 2023
zeezus:
Hi guys, have anyone gotten a date for visa appointment yet

No appointment yet
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by melodickenny(m): 10:20am On Oct 31, 2023
I submitted my Portugal tourist visa application on September 19 at abuja vfs and till now I haven’t hear anything from them. Am suppose to travel to Portugal by 31/10/2023 based on my application but am not hearing anything from them. No email no call. I hope this doesn’t mean anything pls house enlighten me because my passport is a virgin passport
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by YeyeBoyfriend: 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2023
It's barely just 10 days, give it at least 15 days minimum you'd get a response from them, your application doesn't start reading from VFS office but from the date it gets to the VO's table

After submission, it takes VFS few days to dispatch those applications to the embassy
melodickenny:
I submitted my Portugal tourist visa application on September 19 at abuja vfs and till now I haven’t hear anything from them. Am suppose to travel to Portugal by 31/10/2023 based on my application but am not hearing anything from them. No email no call. I hope this doesn’t mean anything pls house enlighten me because my passport is a virgin passport
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by melodickenny(m): 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2023
From September 19 that I submitted till date it’s 43days. Well I don’t have choice than to wait am just bothered
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by EngrKemp: 4:06pm On Nov 02, 2023
YeyeBoyfriend:
It's barely just 10 days, give it at least 15 days minimum you'd get a response from them, your application doesn't start reading from VFS office but from the date it gets to the VO's table

After submission, it takes VFS few days to dispatch those applications to the embassy
c00la:
Hello NairaLanders,

This is calling all Nigerians who are interested in the new Job Seeker Visa from Portugal.

This thread is not for D7 Visa...
...Not for Digital Nomad Visa
...Not for D2 or D3 Visa
...Not for Student Visa
...Not for Schengen Tourist Visa

Only Portugal Job Seeker Visa.

Looking forward to sharing information with other Nigerians who are planning to emigrate to Portugal.

Topics we will (hopefully) cover:
- Info on the Job Seeker Visa
- Visa Prep Check-list
- Getting International Passport (Fresh and renewal) from Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS)
- Visa Requirements
- Police Character Certificate
- Funds needed
- Accommodation in Portugal
- Submission at the Portugal Embassy in Abuja
- Flight Ticket
- etc.

Please note that I am not an expert and I am still in the process. (In fact, I am wallowing at the Passport renewal with NIS after capture). I started this thread because I searched for it in Nairaland yesterday (8th November 2022) and there was nothing on it. This is because the Job Seeker Visa is still very new and there is not much info about it. It became active on 30th of October 2022.

Please do your research before asking questions. By simply reading the previous posts, you will see that what you want to ask has probably been answered.

Looking forward to making friends here and having lunch one day in Lisboa, Porto, Braga or Lagos (Lagos of Portugal)

Let’s go…

I like this
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by YeyeBoyfriend: 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2023
Are you in Portugal already?
MadeMan01:

VFS does not receive job seeker application. I was there twice in July and August and was told Portugal embassy instructed them no to accept job seeker Visa application.
I applied for Schengen Portugal visa and got 6 week single entry. But I need the job seeker visa to work
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by EngrKemp: 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2023
lady25:
not at all. im doing it myself. i calculated the proof of funds plus plane ticket and accomodation. dont mind me. have you started the process?
Pls how much is the budget for everything as u r already on the process pls.

Like how much minimum?
Re: Portugal Job Seekers Visa by EngrKemp: 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2023
Bostin:
You mean someone asked you to pay 3million naira for something you can do yourself for less than 200k. I'm not in Portugal yet but I'm in the process , please be careful with agent .
Pls how much minimum can I use for the Portugal job visa process?
And what r the documents I need.

And if I v a wife too,how can I manage it n move with her ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Repatriation Flight From UAE / Small Car Conveys A Huge Metal Kiosk In Port Harcourt / My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent

Viewing this topic: jenifer007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.