Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,355 members, 7,829,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal (24453 Views)

Festus Keyamo: Tinubu Is Very Unfair To This Man Who Did A Lot For Him / Atiku's Star Witness faults US Court Judgment On Tinubu's Forfeiture Of $460,000 / Sunday Igboho Not Criminal – Soyinka Rebukes DSS, Buhari Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Benoxvals(m): 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
ecolime:

Legally, he isn't a criminal. But we all know how he made the forfeited money.

The SAN implicated his principal even more.
Opening 10 different accounts in 3 different banks in a foreign land..

Forfeiture of almost half a billion because of tax invasion...

Using his Mothers and relative names for cover ups..

If these are not criminal enough then I wonder what is.
I don’t even want to add that there is no record of about 20 years of Tinubu’s early life.

Criminally mysterious I must say.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Benoxvals(m): 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2022
Tareq1105:

You must be half educated.

Educate me Mr. Professor.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by obailala(m): 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2022
All these noise about a criminal past is just a waste of time. We belong to a country where nobody, not even the system, cares about even your 'criminal present', let alone something that happened decades ago.

Even if raw evidence is brought forward today that Tinubu (or any other candidate) was a right hand man to Pablo Escobar, the revelation wouldn't still sway the vote of even a single voter; Nigerians will still vote for whoever they want, irrespective of the baggage. We should be focusing on more important things!
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Tareq1105: 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2022
BigIyanga:
In this US, Feds bring charge drug-related cases as CRIMINAL and their conviction rate is about 95%. So Tinubu risked going to prison if he didnt forfeit. BAT was indicted and charged CRIMINALLY

Who be this one?
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Tareq1105: 2:10pm On Nov 10, 2022
Benoxvals:

Educate me Mr. Professor.

Na me born you?
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Benoxvals(m): 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2022
Tareq1105:

Na me born you?

Just like I expected and you didn’t disappoint.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Tareq1105: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2022
Benoxvals:

The SAN implicated his principal even more.
Opening 10 different accounts in 3 different banks in a foreign land..

Forfeiture of almost half a billion because of tax invasion...

Using his Mothers and relative names for cover ups..

If these are not criminal enough then I wonder what is.
I don’t even want to add that there is no record of about 20 years of Tinubu’s early life.

Criminally mysterious I must say.

Another half educated fellow.

10 accounts in 3 banks in the names of his (Tinubu) family members and companies. Are you okay now? Clear your eyes and ears.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Petacephas: 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2022
Only Seun of channels tv is enough for this fake SAN. Seun touch am yesterday and e sweet me for bele
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Eriokanmi: 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2022
Tareq1105:

From the document, was Tinubu charged to any court? Answer before my second question.

Very unfortunate that Atikulooooter travelled to US to bring a dead issue since 2003 as confirmed by US.
You don't have to be charged to forfeit your property, except you dey do strong head or you have veritable info to present and reclaim your thing. American judicial system isn't warped up like ours.

That said, there had been some instances in which some criminal element's properties suffered forfeirure without them being charged to court. Its only when you want to defend yourself that court case would be involved. Tinubu should have dragged the case with them, if he had nothing to hide. He knew what he did so, he allowed the whooping sum to go. I remember the ekweremadu's property's matter in which efcc received the court order for interim forfeirure. If he had the liver and could defend the 10 properties in court, it's fine. Otherwise, those property don enter voice mail like Tinubu's forfeited money be dat

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by JoshTim: 2:22pm On Nov 10, 2022
hbk001:

You can be more civil when expressing yourself in a public forum. I actually don't know your stress or the essence of this aggressive post. of yours. You want to slap me? No probs. Come on.

Sorry o.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by omokab: 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2022
tesppidd:
I watched Keyamo on Channels last night.

Channels tv should have invited another lawyer along with Keyamo to expantiate on all the legal jargons Keyamo was spewing.

I don't want to be emotional and sentimental about his explanation because I know that law and common sense sometimes do not align.

We need lawyers to either corroborate or counter Keyamo's explanations.

For instance;

*Is it true that fine and forfeiture are not the same in law?
*Is it true that Tinubu's accounts were the ones sued but not the man Tinubu? ( This does not make sense in logic but I don't know about in legality)
*Is it true that accounts can be sued but not the person who owns the account.?
*Is it true that Tinubu was not a defendant in the case? And if so that does not indict him?

Lawyers give us answers.
you are the best brain here since I have been reading comment . Many of our them just like saying rubbish to show their hate to the person they don't like . I'm not a lawyer but I tried to check through google if such case happen in law and I discovered that there are 3 tyoe s of forfeitures 1 criminal 2 civil 3 administrative .
In my own submission ,what about somebody who stand as a surety for a criminal and the criminal run away . can't they use his property has a civil forfeiture ? Many things like this may happen which is beyond our ordinary imagination .

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by MansoryMX(m): 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2022
There is absolutely nothing Civil about drug case in America. Drug case is drug case!

Who da hell is this fool called Keyamo cheesy

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by BigIyanga: 2:27pm On Nov 10, 2022
Tareq1105:

Who be this one?

Out of your beer parlour league. You cant tell me the difference btw a criminal and civil case in Naija without Google. Go do your daily agbero job.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Blaze14k: 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
Realists:
Tell us more about Pandora papers, there is one fake Saint disturbing our ears with lies.

If we are talkin about pandora do u actually believe it only peter obi that was there. No one is allowed to talk about it cos its too heavy for any human to carry. I read most of the document and i found a man called bagudu the governor of kebbi. Honestly u guys dont know the ppl ruling nigeria.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by goody234: 2:29pm On Nov 10, 2022
Themanleshey:

Plea bargain on what exactly? , pls tell us what it was and back it up with a concrete evidence .

Use your brain matter who forfeits $460K just like that?? ..it was the proceeds of crime they asked him to provide evidence of where the money came from he couldn't thats why he gave it to them ,...Don't be a dunce and ask stupid questions like where is the evidence? ...common sense is free

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by NuruDiddy: 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2022
Realists:
Tell us more about Pandora papers, there is one fake Saint disturbing our ears with lies.
It was a human being like you that dug up Tinubu own,dig out the Pandora papars u are talking about. You should be proactive and not idiotic.
Write to FG,send sms to UN. Call American embassy. Tell them about Pandora so we know the real truth not sitting here sniffing imaginary drugs like your lord and personal saviour Thief.nubu

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Yusuffn32: 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2022
But its so painful that incoming president or what his he call him self is a drug diggers
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Cjayboy: 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2022
Bikonu..when is the NBA delisting off this SAN from Fotus Potus KUYAMU?

No shame again oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by nedekid: 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2022
tesppidd:

Channels tv should have invited another lawyer along with Keyamo to expantiate on all the legal jargons Keyamo was spewing.

I don't want to be emotional and sentimental about his explanation because I know that law and common sense sometimes do not align.

For instance;

*Is it true that Tinubu's accounts were the ones sued but not the man Tinubu? ( This does not make sense in logic but I don't know about in legality)
*Is it true that Tinubu was not a defendant in the case? And if so that does not indict him?

Lawyers give us answers.
One blunder seun made was not to counter festus when festus made the statement that Tinubu made investments in banks, and that on enquires they found he was a meritorious staff of mobile.
Whereas, mobile placed Tinubu as a lowely staff earning $2400 monthly, and his wife oluremi was a house wife.
There was no way, tinubu would have earned millions of dollars to deposit as savings from his little salary of $2400!
That money was considered based on his associations as proceeds of drug trade.
If not festus should have explained how as an efcc prosecutor, you see someone earning ₦50k per month, now having ₦100m on his account, meanwhile all his paddies sell and use drugs, even him looks like someone that consumes.

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by ajexx(m): 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2022
our in coming president ,2023 by the grace of GOD

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Easy5265: 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2022
Realists:

Shurrp your mouth, bloody thief.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2022
Its what lawyers do, call black white and white black. Provide their lying services to the highest bidder, no wonder christ said woe unto ye lawyers. They re the reason society is corrupt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2022
Yusuffn32:
But its so painful that incoming president or what his he call him self is a drug diggers

Which do you prefer, a drug dealing presido or the one that promotes harvesting of human organs? Choose. cool
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Easy5265: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2022
omokab:
you are the best brain here since I have been reading comment . Many of our them just like saying rubbish to show their hate to the person they don't like . I'm not a lawyer but I tried to check through google if such case happen in law and I discovered that there are 3 tyoe s of forfeitures 1 criminal 2 civil 3 administrative .
In my own submission ,what about somebody who stand as a surety for a criminal and the criminal run away . can't they use his property has a civil forfeiture ? Many things like this may happen which is beyond our ordinary imagination .

In the CTC of the released indictment, it was clearly started that narcotics was the crime and tinubu was a defendant.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Housing(m): 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2022
bennybuhari:
Why can't Keyamo accept the debate with David Hundeyin if he is sure of himself?

Festua Keyamo accept debate with David Hundeyin? One can only imagine ......
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Gbeng30(m): 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2022
This keyanmo is rolling his carrier in the dirty mud of yekini and apc......
it's quite unfortunate that we have lost our moral values in this country just bcoz of money
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by waldigit: 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2022
Don't forget the old saying, the moment you join APC, your sins are forgiven. : shocked

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by nedekid: 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2022
goody234:

Use your brain matter who forfeits $460K just like that?? ..it was the proceeds of crime they asked him to provide evidence of where the money came from he couldn't thats why he gave it to them ,...Don't be a dunce and ask stupid questions like where is the evidence? ...common sense is free
Bros, my paddy in the UK did a transfer transaction for someone ie a customer, the bank froze my paddies business account saying they were investigating that fellow he did transfer for. Eg, it's just like I pay 10k pounds into his account and he pays the equivalent into my naija account, that sort of transaction.
He waited for them to unblock his account, for where, they closed both his business and personal also, took his money thinking as the average criminal Nigerian will do, abandon the account and the money.
My paddy who is a clean as a fiddle guy took them to court and won! His account was reopened, he was paid compensation, he then took his money and closed the account!
Point is, if it is your legitimately earned money, who in his right mind will abandon $1 kobo not to talk of $460k!
Anyway, how would someone on a salary of just $2400 working as a lowly staff with mobil have millions in his account, meanwhile, the wife na house wife too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Karlosorji(m): 2:58pm On Nov 10, 2022
MrOkenwa:
Keyamo is doing one of the most difficult jobs in the world.
what's our business?? He chose to defend a known drug lord
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by shonepa(m): 3:00pm On Nov 10, 2022
If u really watched it, u would have heard what duro Farotimi said.

The reason this old document was brought up was to disqualify Tinubu from contesting.

Farotimi (WELL KNOWN LAWYER) said it clearly that there is no legality in the document to stop him from contesting.

Remember Duro Farotimi is not a fan of Tinubu...infact hes speacking for Labour party.

tesppidd:

For instance;

Lawyers give us answers.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by mvem(m): 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2022
Realists:
case dead on arrival that's why opposition doesn't even use it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Narendra Modi, India's Prime Minister (Photo) / Grazing Law: Emir Sanusi, Miyetti Allah Boss Thumb Up Fayose / Charly Boy Denies Snatching Microphone From Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.