Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal (24452 Views)

Festus Keyamo: Tinubu Is Very Unfair To This Man Who Did A Lot For Him / Atiku's Star Witness faults US Court Judgment On Tinubu's Forfeiture Of $460,000 / Sunday Igboho Not Criminal – Soyinka Rebukes DSS, Buhari Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by blueAgent(m): 3:19pm On Nov 10, 2022
grin
EddyNumerouno:
Alison Deziani forfeited assets and was branded a hardcore criminal and was used by the APC as an example of corruption.
BAT forfeited to the US government and the government begged him to end the case.

APC ������
I hail una

Imagine a whole US dey beg Tinubu?

Wonders can never seize. grin

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by bennybuhari: 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2022
Don't mind the hypocrites
EddyNumerouno:
Alison Deziani forfeited assets and was branded a hardcore criminal and was used by the APC as an example of corruption.
BAT forfeited to the US government and the government begged him to end the case.

APC ������
I hail una
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by 802oluwaseyi: 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2022
I Pity this Kayamo guy.You can never defend Tinubu without been stvpidI Pity this Kayamo guy.You can never defend Tinubu without been stvpid...
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by AerialMapper: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2022
Of course, Festus! We believe you because we are stupid and didn’t read the contents of the document.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Emman08: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2022
Keyamo can convince you that your husband is a woman
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Ancestortinubu: 3:24pm On Nov 10, 2022
You are a disgrace to ambrose Ali University law department and BATstad urchins.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by ebenmosi360(m): 3:26pm On Nov 10, 2022
Prepare for the God of looting
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by blueAgent(m): 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2022
NuruDiddy:

It was a human being like you that dug up Tinubu own,dig out the Pandora papars u are talking about. You should be proactive and not idiotic.
Write to FG,send sms to UN. Call American embassy. Tell them about Pandora so we know the real truth not sitting here sniffing imaginary drugs like your lord and personal saviour Thief.nubu

Lol.....Supported grin
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by GeneralDae: 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
goody234:

I swear i wonder if naija people get brains sometimes ...we should teach critical thinking in schools o
Since you get sense well well, also ask yourself, would a drug criminal only forfeit money?
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Kingspin(m): 3:29pm On Nov 10, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
O pari.
All his enemies and ipob terrorists banking on the politics of lies, hate and bigotry ti lule.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Drug deveopers
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by blueAgent(m): 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2022
goaldynman:
Lies from Agbado slaves!!

So true.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Freebills12: 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Tareq1105:

There's no point answering you bcoz the difference is clear. You want to know Tinubu achievements in Lagos? Haba! And you want to compare with obituary? Noooo. Even obituary himself lives in Lagos. Have you checked out Lagos revenue generation experience? Have you studied the Lagos succession plans? A leader without a good successor is no leader. This continuity is unprecedented, and the major reason behind the success stories of Lagos. I don't have your time but stop the comparism please.

Stupidity is when you compare a federal capital for 77 years with a state that was created in 1993 that experienced her ever civilian rule in 1999/2000. How do you compare Anambra state with Lagos, did Lagos experienced civil war? All the buildings in Anambra state were burnt to ashes.
You have succumbed to the question I asked you by flying fallacy of argumentum ad baculum. Quote what Tinibu did in Lagos State as a governor for eight years without mentioning projects done by Fashola, Ambode and Sanwo Olu... Bro he did nothing.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by 36STATES: 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
Escobat can't be president unless you are ready to suffer.

MC Olumu will be controlling your state if you make the mistake of voting Tinubu the criminal.

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Glink2018(m): 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2022
ecolime:
No criminal charge was preferred against Tinubu simply because he was not caught in the act but the funds in his account was found to be linked to crimal proceeds (drug dealing) hence the forfeiture.

This Senior Advocate of Nonsense has been capping nonsense of recent.

What Law school did Keyamo attend? His certificate should be recalled.

Updated:
The mumu schooled at Ambrose Alli University. AAU has a very sound Law faculty so I would assume Festus was just one of their pushovers (let my people go).

No wonder Buhari led APC gifted his S.A.Nship to him in 2017. That's 24 years after he was called to the bar shocked

Olodo

For your information

A lawyer is trained to defend an alleged criminal in the law court....and a person can not be called a criminal until he is proven guilty in the competent law court

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Freebills12: 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
lailo:

Don't disturb ur self too much. The present Lagos and Anambra are results of Tinubu and Obi's 8 years rule in their respective states. Just visit these states and make your decisions on them. undecided

How can it be? It's a fallacious statement, you are telling me we are to hold Muhammad and Allah culprit for the sins and terrorist attacks of Boko Haram since they are Moslems? Marshal out the projects Tinibu did as a state governor let's compare it with that of Obi.
You people are running away from mentioning what Tinibu did! It's the only I hold you people at ransom. I know you will run away like others
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Minjim: 3:45pm On Nov 10, 2022
ecolime:
No criminal charge was preferred against Tinubu simply because he was not caught in the act but the funds in his account was found to be linked to crimal proceeds (drug dealing) hence the forfeiture.

This Senior Advocate of Nonsense has been capping nonsense of recent.

What Law school did Keyamo attend? His certificate should be recalled.

Updated:
The mumu schooled at Ambrose Alli University. AAU has a very sound Law faculty so I would assume Festus was just one of their pushovers (let my people go).

No wonder Buhari led APC gifted his S.A.Nship to him in 2017. That's 24 years after he was called to bar shocked

Olodo

Kiyamo is only sounding like lawyer.
Trying to make a bad case look good.
In all, the US govt itself admitted Tinubu has no criminal case in the US.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by NLPoliceWoman: 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2022
JimohMomoh:

Maybe that's why the vulture griller always sound stvpid whenever he tries to defend the druggie
Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 2
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by emanobis(m): 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2022
Is this man Mumu no too much??

I was meant to know that silence is Golden but for Keyamo case...he keeps showing that his SAN was a mistake
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by IfnobeGod20: 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2022
Yes, civil plead bargain is civil because he has agreed to the crime and request for the proceed of the crime to be forfeited to government purse. The tag is still on him.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by IfnobeGod20: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2022
Minjim:

Kiyamo is only sounding like lawyer.
Trying to make a bad case look good.
In all, the US govt itself admitted Tinubu has no criminal case in the US.

Yes, he has no case because the case against him has been exhausted in the court after agreeing to the case and the proceed from the crime had been forfeited into government's purse.
It is just like a thief that has been sentenced to 5 years imprisonment, after spending the 5 years term, the case end at that and no court revisit it.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Nyanabo(m): 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2022
It irks me, when a 'learned' lawyers tries and fail woefully to twist the narrative. Making himself look stupid before the world.

What does forfeiture means?

Senior Advocate of Nonsense.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by nkemjacob2(m): 4:08pm On Nov 10, 2022
Kayamo just fooling himself
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by tesppidd: 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2022
shonepa:
If u really watched it, u would have heard what duro Farotimi said.

The reason this old document was brought up was to disqualify Tinubu from contesting.

Farotimi (WELL KNOWN LAWYER) said it clearly that there is no legality in the document to stop him from contesting.

Remember Duro Farotimi is not a fan of Tinubu...infact hes speacking for Labour party.

I understand all that; he was neither convicted nor imprisoned.
So nothing could stop him from contesting.

What I really want to know is whether he committed the crime at all, and was maybe let off on a plea bargain.

We all know he was not convicted but I really want to know if Tinubu really moved drugs.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by Relaxnrethink: 4:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
I pity Nigerians, u know why?
When that criminal becomes president, people will try to japa with green passport then, u will understand that embassies knew what your government stood for more than you think.

Those urchins parading as PDP and most especially APC supporters are criminals, deal with them decisively because your life and that of your loved ones is at stake.

They will hide under the guise of "this democracy" but pay no hid, fight when you can still fight for a time is coming when you can't.

If pa Adebanjo at 94 can fight to stand for truth just for us, how much more me and you.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by IfnobeGod20: 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2022
lailo:
Let me even ask. How is this forfeiture thing relevant to capacity to solve Nigeria's myriads of problems? And this is our headache, not his ability to bring Nigeria out of the perennial challenges? What most of u ignorant people don't know is most well respected and successful world leaders are murderers, cheat, liars, killers, thieves, rapists, including your Obama, Nelson Mandela, Magreth Thacher, Putin, Kim of China, Rawlings of Ghana,even Ojukwu grin. They are far better than innocent failures in power and thus are still celebrated till today. What people need is good governance, secured today and assured future. Bola Tinubu has verifiable track records of good and sustainable governance. He has no match among the aspirants. It will be a disaster to leave a thief who can deliver good governance and pick another thief who is even a confirmed failure. No saints among them all, what distinguish them is the capacity to solve our problems.
Please which moral are you trying to teach? I do hope you won't tell your children same you wrote here?
See the way you're glorifying bad thing because of the interest you have in Tinubu. Please can you say the same thing, if it were other candidates in his shoe?
Which kind moral authority will a known thief teach people. This your mindset is devilish and full of immoral.
Lastly, how many people did Obama and Nelson Mandela killed?

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by WayoProphet: 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2022
Going through all the comments, stupid people full Nigeria wahalahi, that's why y'all get the kind of rulers you currently have. Just look at what this one is spewing. Oga get your dictionary and look up forfeit stop sounding stupid.

lovinagbad:
You people don't know the Law. You can forfeit something if you are still innocent. It was about forfeiture of Interest on savings or investments. That not a crime. Actually it was the fault of the Bank not to have taking Tax out of the investments.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by goody234: 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2022
nedekid:

Bros, my paddy in the UK did a transfer transaction for someone ie a customer, the bank froze my paddies business account saying they were investigation that fellow he did transfer for. Eg, it's just like I pay 10k pounds into his account and he pays the equivalent into my naija account, that sort of transaction.
He waited for them to unblock his account, for where, they closed both his business and personal join and took his money thinking as the average criminal Nigerian will do, abandon the account and the money.
My paddy who is a clean as a fiddle guy took them to court and won! His account was reopened, he was paid compensation, he then took his money and closed the account!
Point is, if it is your legitimately earned money, who in his right mind will abandon $1 kobo not to talk of $460k!
Anyway, how would someone on a salary of just $2400 working as a lowly staff with mobil have millions in his account, meanwhile, the wife na house wife too.

Exactly my point then some brainless person on nairaland will be telling you where is the evidence ...No need anybody abandoning 460k just like that is a crook that money is not clean ...Nigerians please use your head and think critically

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by shiwex: 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2022
Freebills12:
My only annoyance is that a tribe that claimed to be most educated and sophisticated tribe in Nigeria is championing for this Man! Is this the best candidate this particular tribe can offer for Nigerians?
I tire o

1 Like

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by shiwex: 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2022
obailala:
All these noise about a criminal past is just a waste of time. We belong to a country where nobody, not even the system, cares about even your 'criminal present', let alone something that happened decades ago.

Even if raw evidence is brought forward today that Tinubu (or any other candidate) was a right hand man to Pablo Escobar, the revelation wouldn't still sway the vote of even a single voter; Nigerians will still vote for whoever they want, irrespective of the baggage. We should be focusing on more important things!
Thats why Nigerians will keep suffering.....i dey look and laugh....
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by jude79(m): 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2022
From it was propaganda, to it wasn't Tinubu to tinubu was never convicted, then to it was on behalf of some other criminals, but now they have accepted it is tinubu but that it wasn't a criminal but a civil issue but we have not heard the last, every hidden crimes of emilokan will be revealed

Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by LordIsaac(m): 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2022
He that is holy (in Nigeria) should cast the first stone! Meanwhile, I'm not voting BAT.
Re: Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal by goody234: 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2022
This tinubu guy is something else you think state politics is country politics ...to be president there is more scrutiny on you as a person everything about you comes into play .. ..your moral character and your fitness comes in.....its obvious this guy is no way fit to be president it will be an insult to this country if he is voted in ....I beg my nigerian youths its in your hands to save this country !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Garba Shehu To Akeredolu: No State Authorised To Procure Automatic Weapons / Buhari Meets With Narendra Modi, India's Prime Minister (Photo) / Grazing Law: Emir Sanusi, Miyetti Allah Boss Thumb Up Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.