Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) (13780 Views)

The Origin of Na.kedness / "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by thehomer: 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2011
davidylan:

Should i also get you your glasses and read it to you? Want me to show you where you can get air to breathe too?
If you cant find them then you really have no interest, its simply part of the cynical brainless games you folks play around here thinking no one else would be bothered to cross-check your "facts".

Keep running. You will note that during my discussions with you, I have often presented you with links. Is it so hard to link to your own posts that you think answer the question? Now how is that for being lazy? Have you forgotten what you said and where that you think I'll waste my time trudging through 16 pages looking for your regular muck?

davidylan:

Because 90% of "expert scientists" are mostly godless themselves. What a surprise.

90% of the expert scientists are godless therefore evolution must be false? Wow. And you call this a logical and rational thought given the fact that there are people who believe in God that also agree with the theory of evolution.

davidylan:

dodging what?  undecided Dumb.

See your remark above for what it means to be dumb.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by thehomer: 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2011
davidylan:

I already know that. I'm just wondering why you prefer to take such a giant leap. Deliberate obfuscation and dishonesty seems to be the staple of the "scientific" atheist. Why is he so obsessed about "evolution" while pretending the very origin of that evolving life is less important?

What giant leap?
I never said or implied that the origin of life wasn't important, I'm simply pointing out to you what evolution is about.
Here you go running off at the mouth about dishonesty and obfuscation when that is what you're doing.

davidylan:

Idehn, mantraa and myself have been doing that over the last few pages. Take a read.

You just said only biologists could explain their research and that non-biologists cannot. Has any of them told you that they were biologists? How hard is it for you to be consistent with your own statements? Here it is for reference.

davidylan:

I'm not bothered so much about the biologists, but about the empty-headed folks here who parrot research they cant explain.

Or was it a temporary memory loss?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2011
thehomer:

Keep running. You will note that during my discussions with you, I have often presented you with links. Is it so hard to link to your own posts that you think answer the question? Now how is that for being lazy? Have you forgotten what you said and where that you think I'll waste my time trudging through 16 pages looking for your regular muck?

Are you that lazy? Essentially the discussion with Idehn is only 1 + half page away on page 14! Seriously? I need to provide a link to a thread most intelligent people can read in less than 1 hr? All the time its taken you to blow hot air, you would have finished reading through the thread by now?

You already call it muck so its clear you're not interested in learning anything . . . seems your mind is made up into the narrow unintelligent illogical "science = good, religionist = dumb" mindset. I cant help you.

thehomer:

90% of the expert scientists are godless therefore evolution must be false? Wow. And you call this a logical and rational thought given the fact that there are people who believe in God that also agree with the theory of evolution.

again stup[i]i[/i]d. 90% of expert scientists are godless . . . its not a stretch to think a very high percentage of them are already biased to looking at the origin of the earth and evolution from a godless perspective ONLY.

You want me to say this slowly so it can sink in?

thehomer:

See your remark above for what it means to be dumb.

you could have simply said you werent smart enough to understand it.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 29, 2011
thehomer:

What giant leap?
I never said or implied that the origin of life wasn't important, I'm simply pointing out to you what evolution is about.
Here you go running off at the mouth about dishonesty and obfuscation when that is what you're doing.

Dont bother, i already know what evolution is all about. My problem is with those who want to "discuss" evolution out of context. First start with the origin of what exactly it is you think is evolving. Or you think the starting material just appeared from nowhere and started evolving?

You cant be discussing integration when you havent even talked about elementary algebra. But again its thehomer . . .

thehomer:

You just said only biologists could explain their research and that non-biologists cannot. Has any of them told you that they were biologists? How hard is it for you to be consistent with your own statements? Here it is for reference.

I never said such. Try to be honest or intelligent for once. This is what i said - I'm not bothered so much about the biologists, but about the empty-headed folks here who parrot research they cant explain.

The biologists may have their own problems with investigator interference in their own research but at least they have demonstrated the ability to think logically and try to come up with scientific solutions to their problems. My angst is with the empty-headed tools HERE, you know the braying sheep posting the regurgitated science they dont understand and cant defend when push comes to shove.

thehomer:

Or was it a temporary memory loss?

more like your own slowness.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 29, 2011
Atheists, you all want proof as to whether GOD is real or not, ok, watch these videos of your fellow ex-atheists!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59mRZ1Vj8ZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRSjzY0s0SM&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvIbqf7MuE0

If you want more, I'll be more than glad to post more vidzzzzz, ok?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 29, 2011
cultey:

Atheists, you all want proof as to whether GOD is real or not, ok, watch these videos of your fellow ex-atheists!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59mRZ1Vj8ZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRSjzY0s0SM&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvIbqf7MuE0

If you want more, I'll be more than glad to post more vidzzzzz, ok?

u're wasting your time.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2011
davidylan:

u're wasting your time.

how? undecided
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 29, 2011
cultey:

how? undecided

because you think the atheists here are logical, rational thinking folks interested in the other side of the debate. What you have here are shallow, narrow-minded bullies.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by thehomer: 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2011
davidylan:

Are you that lazy? Essentially the discussion with Idehn is only 1 + half page away on page 14! Seriously? I need to provide a link to a thread most intelligent people can read in less than 1 hr? All the time its taken you to blow hot air, you would have finished reading through the thread by now?

It seems you're quite dull because you should realize that I would have to read all your posts and their references to know which ones were pertinent.

davidylan:

You already call it muck so its clear you're not interested in learning anything . . . seems your mind is made up into the narrow unintelligent illogical "science = good, religionist = dumb" mindset. I cant help you.

Nah its muck. I've read some of what you've posted before and seriously, a lot of it is muck.

davidylan:

again stup[i]i[/i]d. 90% of expert scientists are godless . . . its not a stretch to think a very high percentage of them are already biased to looking at the origin of the earth and evolution from a godless perspective ONLY.
You want me to say this slowly so it can sink in?

I hope you're only pretending to be this dull because I pointed out that many of those who believed in God also agree with the theory. What happened to them? Are they not real Christians?

davidylan:

you could have simply said you werent smart enough to understand it.

Nah just that your lobotomized behavour is showing through.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by thehomer: 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2011
davidylan:

Dont bother, i already know what evolution is all about. My problem is with those who want to "discuss" evolution out of context. First start with the origin of what exactly it is you think is evolving. Or you think the starting material just appeared from nowhere and started evolving?

You cant be discussing integration when you havent even talked about elementary algebra. But again its thehomer . . .

Out of context? You know what its all about yet you make the most basic mistake multiple times. Sorry but the evidence contradicts this statement. Integration and elementary algebra? As usual, you expose your ignorance. Do you think we have to know that the sun is powered by fusion before understanding that the earth revolves around it?

davidylan:

I never said such. Try to be honest or intelligent for once. This is what i said - I'm not bothered so much about the biologists, but about the empty-headed folks here who parrot research they cant explain.

The biologists may have their own problems with investigator interference in their own research but at least they have demonstrated the ability to think logically and try to come up with scientific solutions to their problems. My angst is with the empty-headed tools HERE, you know the braying sheep posting the regurgitated science they dont understand and cant defend when push comes to shove.

Oooh but davidylan understands it all I'm sure. What you don't seem to realize is that you're even worse than those you're referring to as sheep because you have clearly demonstrated an inability to tell fact from fiction.

davidylan:

more like your own slowness.

Just as I suspected. The electroshock therapy has probably fried the two brain cells you used to have. Good luck to you.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2011
Hmmm, the thread is still on and unsurprisingly, the dress-wearing-secretary-turned-lab cleaner by the name DAVIDYLAN is still talking baseless crap as usual as if he can prove how he evoled from SAND like his bible claims. Sand man! Lol
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by thehomer: 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2011
harakiri:

Hmmm, the thread is still on and unsurprisingly, the dress-wearing-secretary-turned-lab cleaner by the name DAVIDYLAN is still talking baseless crap as usual as if he can prove how he evoled from SAND like his bible claims. Sand man! Lol

grin grin

Being a lab attendant is not an easy task you know. Especially when he also believes that people were moulded from ribs and that a snake or a donkey could talk to him any minute and he wouldn't check himself into a mental institution. Amazing what sorts of technicians work in labs nowadays.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2011
thehomer:

Out of context? You know what its all about yet you make the most basic mistake multiple times. Sorry but the evidence contradicts this statement. Integration and elementary algebra? As usual, you expose your ignorance. Do you think we have to know that the sun is powered by fusion before understanding that the earth revolves around it?

incoherent again. Do you take integration before elementary algebra in school? Your sun analogy makes no sense here . . . let me make it clear - The origin of life provides us a template for understanding WHAT and WHERE we evolved from.
Now where the sun comes from or what it is powered by has zero bearing on what revolves around it. geddit it now? Obviously not expecting you to.

thehomer:

Oooh but davidylan understands it all I'm sure. What you don't seem to realize is that you're even worse than those you're referring to as sheep because you have clearly demonstrated an inability to tell fact from fiction.

And you can tell fact from fiction which is why the only way you can provide salient "BASIC" facts for evolution is by asking we buy $40 worth of books from amazon? What a dishonest dud.

thehomer:

Just as I suspected. The electroshock therapy has probably fried the two brain cells you used to have. Good luck to you.

no problem. Even with my fried 2 brain cells . . . i have still debated science here unlike braying sheep like you.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2011
thehomer:

grin  grin

Being a lab attendant is not an easy task you know.

tougher than you think dude. I'm proud of it.  grin

thehomer:

Especially [b]when he also believes that people were moulded from ribs [/b]and that a snake or a donkey could talk to him any minute and he wouldn't check himself into a mental institution.

you believe you came from gas and water and that you descended from a single-celled organism like amoeba so what's the difference?

thehomer:

Amazing what sorts of technicians work in labs nowadays.

At least technicians have jobs.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2011
THE SAND MAN! ! ! Sounds like a great movie title!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by thehomer: 9:11pm On Aug 29, 2011
davidylan:

incoherent again. Do you take integration before elementary algebra in school? Your sun analogy makes no sense here . . . let me make it clear - The origin of life provides us a template for understanding WHAT and WHERE we evolved from.
Now where the sun comes from or what it is powered by has zero bearing on what revolves around it. geddit it now? Obviously not expecting you to.

Are you sure you actually work in a lab? Have you been snorting reagents again? Here let me make it loud and clear since you couldn't read what I wrote before.

[size=16pt]The theory of evolution is about the diversity of life.[/size]
Knowing the origin does not change the fact that the vast majority of extant organisms were not present on earth 1 billion years ago in their current form. They evolved and continue to do so.
At least, I'm glad that you can see the relationship between my analogy and yours. That is what I've been trying to show you.

davidylan:

And you can tell fact from fiction which is why the only way you can provide salient "BASIC" facts for evolution is by asking we buy $40 worth of books from amazon? What a dishonest dud.

If you're so poor, simply join a library or a book club and borrow the books. If you work in a university or such an institution, simply go to the library and borrow the books. Do I have to teach you how to be an academic? Sheesh.

davidylan:

no problem. Even with my fried 2 brain cells . . . i have still debated science here unlike braying sheep like you.

Nope it looks like you're simply left with a single malfunctioning cell. Sorry.  cry
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by thehomer: 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2011
davidylan:

tougher than you think dude. I'm proud of it.  grin

Glad to know that there is still some dignity in labour.

davidylan:

you believe you came from gas and water and that you descended from a single-celled organism like amoeba so what's the difference?

The difference is that one is true, and the other a myth. For your information, forget the Jesus talk. Stars died for you to be here.

davidylan:

At least technicians have jobs.

Glad to hear it. I hope you enjoy your job.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2011
thehomer:

Are you sure you actually work in a lab? Have you been snorting reagents again? Here let me make it loud and clear since you couldn't read what I wrote before.

[size=16pt]The theory of evolution is about the diversity of life.[/size]
Knowing the origin does not change the fact that the vast majority of extant organisms were not present on earth 1 billion years ago in their current form. They evolved and continue to do so.
At least, I'm glad that you can see the relationship between my analogy and yours. That is what I've been trying to show you.

You are quite slow . . . and for the upteenth time let me spell it out - evolution is about the diversity of life that STARTED OUT FROM EXACTLY WHERE?

1. FACT -  vast majority of extant organisms were not present on earth 1 billion years ago.

2. It is NOT FACT that they evolved - the fossil record disproves that already (unless of course you can propound 2000 theories why the fossil record is wrong)

3. The proof that all those organisms evolved must FIRST COME from showing EXACTLY HOW the very first organism appeared/evolved from - gases and soupy water?

thehomer:

If you're so poor, simply join a library or a book club and borrow the books. If you work in a university or such an institution, simply go to the library and borrow the books. Do I have to teach you how to be an academic? Sheesh.

we live in the internet age. Copying a link we could debate with a honest and open mind would have been better. But of course that is not what you are interested in.

thehomer:

Nope it looks like you're simply left with a single malfunctioning cell. Sorry.  cry

my bosses arent complaining. works just fine.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2011
thehomer:

Glad to know that there is still some dignity in labour.

you bet.

thehomer:

The difference is that one is true, and the other a myth. For your information, forget the Jesus talk. Stars died for you to be here.

and your theory of evolution and the origin of life is true because a few books are published on amazon? Braying sheep alert.

thehomer:

Glad to hear it. I hope you enjoy your job.

Of course i do. Its going to net me six figures basic in the next 6 months. Perhaps i should recommend such lucrative "lab attendant" jobs to you fo[i]o[/i]ls here.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by thehomer: 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2011
davidylan:

You are quite slow . . . and for the upteenth time let me spell it out - evolution is about the diversity of life that STARTED OUT FROM EXACTLY WHERE?

Who cares where it started? We know that it has happened. Sheesh.

davidylan:

1. FACT -  vast majority of extant organisms were not present on earth 1 billion years ago.

2. It is NOT FACT that they evolved - the fossil record disproves that already (unless of course you can propound 2000 theories why the fossil record is wrong)

The fossil record shows that organisms did not evolve? Wow.

davidylan:

3. The proof that all those organisms evolved must FIRST COME from showing EXACTLY HOW the very first organism appeared/evolved from - gases and soupy water?

No that is not needed as has been shown.

davidylan:

we live in the internet age. Copying a link we could debate with a honest and open mind would have been better. But of course that is not what you are interested in.

Oh now you want to copy and paste links after railing against it? I have to tell you that you're one confused fellow.

davidylan:

my bosses arent complaining. works just fine.

Meh. The fact that they're not complaining doesn't mean you're doing a good job you know. You could be one of those employees kept for "diversity".
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by thehomer: 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2011
davidylan:

you bet.

and your theory of evolution and the origin of life is true because a few books are published on amazon? Braying sheep alert.

This from a guy whining for biologists to tell him. Just wait. Maybe one of them will visit you at home for a private lecture.

davidylan:

Of course i do. Its going to net me six figures basic in the next 6 months. Perhaps i should recommend such lucrative "lab attendant" jobs to you fo[i]o[/i]ls here.

Whatever strokes your ego and helps you sleep at night. Some of us actually employ and decide the fates of lab attendants.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2011
thehomer:

This from a guy whining for biologists to tell him. Just wait. Maybe one of them will visit you at home for a private lecture.

public forums are for debates, we may as well just recommend books to each other and refuse to post after that. ode.

thehomer:

Whatever strokes your ego and helps you sleep at night. Some of us actually employ and decide the fates of lab attendants.

I do too, and i enjoy it. So what's new?
Its ok, i know you braying sheep think the rest of us are just lowly brainless fo[i]o[/i]ls. Its alright dear . . . dont feel too bad.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2011
Wow! He's talking about fossils. How about the SAND? How about the man who had THREE ribs,had one taken from him, it was dipped in SAND, it turned into TWO ribs and thus, he got a wife! Amazing stuff! I'm gonna go dip this chicken bone in my hand in the sand outside and hope it turns into a live chicken. Brb.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 29, 2011
davidylan:

because you think the atheists here are logical, rational thinking folks interested in the other side of the debate. What you have here are shallow, narrow-minded bullies.

Ok, atheists you read that.

Since you want facts and are seeking truth,

Watch those videos pls!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Konjour(m): 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2011
cultey:

Ok, atheists you read that.

Since you want facts and are seeking truth,

Watch those videos pls!

I fully understand your optimism,but it'll really take more than Youtube videos to convince people,especially if they don't reason with or

understand how or why they should trust someone who claimed to have been to hell or heaven and back.

Won't be surprised if some people start suggesting that those people were looking for cheap publicity,or someone might even come with

a "logical" theorem or Scientific publication disproving resurrection as a rare phenomenon. grin grin grin

Spirituality does not need believers to prove that it exists,and its a very good thing that all humans have their freedom of choice.

You'll believe what you wanna even after you've been provided with enough evidence cuz Faith is not "logical." cool
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2011
harakiri:

THE SAND MAN! ! ! Sounds like a great movie title!

Did anybody say "sand man"? Let's watch-I mean read the movie below:

A bunch of atheist evolutionists who thought they were scientists, got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. They picked one "scientist" to go and tell God that they no longer needed Him.

God listened patiently and kindly to the man and after the "scientist" finished, God said,

"Very well! How about this? Let's have a man-making contest."

To which the man replied,

"Okay, great!"

But God added,

"Now we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

The scientist said,

"Sure, no problem"

and bent down and gathered a handful of dust.

God just looked at him and said,

"No, no, no. You have to make your own dust out of nothing!"

Who said atheists don't cheat. shocked
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by chrisj2000(m): 2:20am On Nov 10, 2011
some questions may never be aswered
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by EfeEkarume(m): 5:06am On Nov 10, 2011
chrisj2000:

For those who still dream of heaven you will be disappointed when you die. Tell me how that liar Jesus who didn't keep his bogus promises of "ask and you shall receive" can keep promise of heaven.
" The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. " - 2 Pet 3:9

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Why Has Jesus Christ Always Been Made To Look Like A White Man? / Nigeria’s Archbishop Jude Okolo Becomes Apostolic Nuncio To Czech Republic / Forget Re-election In 2019 If You Don’t Repent–Bishop Odutemu Tells Buhari,Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.