Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) (13768 Views)

The Origin of Na.kedness / "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by xkillz(m): 8:50am On Aug 24, 2011
Atheists Will always tell us that the BELIEVE IN NOTHING!!! I quote one :
Atheists have absolutely nothing to prove coz we lay claim to nothing
The BIG QUESTIONS!

WHERE DID LIFE COME FROM?
WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF LIFE?
WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF EVOLUTION?
WHY ARE HUMANS ON EARTH?
WHERE ARE WE GOING?

Pls i'll need an ATHEIST to ANSWER these questions, so that we delusional Christians like they always insult Us would see the LIGHT and MAYBE join them!

I Sincerely HOPE they'll take this SERIOUS because they CLAIM to KNOW EVERYTHING! Pls Let's try to have this discussion without the MENTION of GOD or god's! I want them to give us an ATHEISTIC Look on Things!

I know you GUYS ALWAYS INSULT anyone & Everyone that you come Across! Try not to on this one though! This is serious!!!

The WORLD is WAITING!!! smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by mazaje(m): 9:04am On Aug 24, 2011
xkillz:

[The BIG QUESTIONS!

WHERE DID LIFE COME FROM? ?

I Don't know. . . . .

I don't know

Ask the evolutionist, by the way there are so many Christians that believe in evolution as well. . .

WHY ARE HUMANS ON EARTH?

What kind of question is this? Why are there other planets in the solar system or why are there gazillions of stars and planets out there?. . .

[/b]WHERE ARE WE GOING?

What do you mean by where are we going? No where, humanity is always advancing. . .If you were referring to life after death then there is no evidence at all that points to that. . . .Where will my puppy go to when it dies?. . .Why must it only be humans? What about the very many species of animals that are now extinct where did they do to?. . .

Pls i'll need an ATHEIST to ANSWER these questions, so that we delusional Christians like they always insult Us would see the LIGHT and MAYBE join them!

Atheism is a personal relationship with reality, it doesn't dwell on the feel good myths of ancient men who thought their God lives in the clouds and tried to build a tower to reach him. . . .

I Sincerely HOPE they'll take this SERIOUS because they[b] CLAIM to KNOW EVERYTHING[/b]! Pls Let's try to have this discussion without the MENTION of GOD or god's! I want them to give us an ATHEISTIC Look on Things!

Can you tell me which atheist here in NL that claims to know everything

I know you GUYS ALWAYS INSULT anyone & Everyone that you come Across! Try not to on this one though! This is serious!!!

Look who is talking. . .

??
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by claremont(m): 9:07am On Aug 24, 2011
@OP: It's obvious from your previous posts that you are completely narrow-minded, and incapable of logical reasoning. Therefore, I choose NOT to engage in a debate with a character who is unwilling to listen to the voice of knowledge, but would rather choose to believe in fairy tales and tales-by-moonlight stories. Good luck in answering your questions yourself!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 24, 2011
Smh at claremont. So when people refuses to toll ur line of reasoning u choose to describe them as 'narrow-minded, and incapable of logical reasoning'? This ur reasoning calls for urgent attention grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by xkillz(m): 10:11am On Aug 24, 2011
@Mazaje
Is it so had to keep christians & God out of this discussion? 

@claremont is that how you talk to your would be followers? 

Why are you Guys so Insulting all the time? Are all Atheists like that? 
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 11:59am On Aug 24, 2011
xkillz:

Atheists Will always tell us that the BELIEVE IN NOTHING!!! I quote one : The BIG QUESTIONS!

WHERE DID LIFE COME FROM?
WHY ARE HUMANS ON EARTH?
WHERE ARE WE GOING?

I Sincerely HOPE they'll take this SERIOUS because they CLAIM to KNOW EVERYTHING! Pls Let's try to have this discussion without the MENTION of GOD or god's! I want them to give us an ATHEISTIC Look on Things!

I'll take your "BIG QUESTIONS" one at a time :

(1) Where did life come from?

Ans : We don't know and never claimed to know.

(2)What is the origin of life?

(3)What is the origin of evolution?

Ans : I don't know and as MAZAJE rightfully said, it's the evolutionists you should be asking (and a lot of them are Christians by the way)

(4)Why are humans on earth?

Ans : You might just as well ask yourself why are you male instead of female. Do you see how shamefully ridiculous you sound?

(5)Where are we going?

Ans : We never said are going anywhere. As far as we are concerned, life starts and ends right here on earth.

That being said, i'd like to point out (for the billionth time) that Atheists are non-religious people. We do not have belief or "faith" in any mystic supreme powers. We are realists who live our lives based on concrete facts. We aren't trying to "convert" religious people rather the best we can do is try to alert you of the scales covering your eyes. The onus rests on you whether to peel them off or remain blind.

Furthermore, no Atheist claims to "know everything" and it was our quest for knowledge of religion that opened our eyes to it's falsehood (i am yet to see ONE Atheist who isn't intelligent. I can't say the same about religious folks). Put in mind the extreme level of patience and understanding MAZAJE has put in to try to have a discussion with you (in spite of all your tantrums) and you'd see that zeal for knowledge i talked about that's dominant in Atheists. We are always eager to learn (provided it's credible knowledge worth pondering on. . .we don't do garbage).

Talking about mentioning "god", you are the one who ought to be telling yourself that coz we don't believe in him/her/it/them. If you feel "insulted" by our comments, then perhaps you should try being more tactful and coherent in your comments and bold claims of a supreme being.

Did you say the "world" is waiting? Waiting for what? If there's anything the world should be waiting for, it's for people like yourselves who make bold claims of a supreme being to show concrete proof and quit beating about the bush.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2011
toba:

Smh at claremont. So when people refuses to toll your line of reasoning u choose to describe them as 'narrow-minded, and incapable of logical reasoning'? This your reasoning calls for urgent attention grin grin grin grin

Perhaps, you ought to have read through the posters comments both on this thread and his other threads (an interesting thread got locked because of this poster plus his previous id seems to be currently "inactive"wink. That tells the whole story. You should be the one to call attention to YOUR pattern of reasoning and judgement! ! !
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2011
xkillz:

@Mazaje
Is it so had to keep christians & God out of this discussion? 

@claremont is that how you talk to your would be followers? 

Why are you Guys so Insulting all the time? Are all Atheists like that? 

What on earth are you talking about man? Who are these "followers"? Who's insulting who? Do you see why no one takes you seriously? Your comments smack of delusion and nothing more (and i'm sure i'm not the only one who has that view). If this means an "insult" to you, then you need to get your brain checked coz all i'm stating is the obvious.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2011
Thanks harikiri!
So ATHEISTS DONT KNOW how LIFE got here, ATHEISTS DONT KNOW the ORIGIN OF LIFE! So why on Earth do you Guys Keep Refuting the Existence of a CREATOR?  
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

Thanks harikiri!
So ATHEISTS DONT KNOW how LIFE got here, ATHEISTS DONT KNOW the ORIGIN OF LIFE! So why on Earth do you Guys Keep Refuting the Existence of a CREATOR?  

Dude, i'll presume you're an educated young man who is either almost through with university or a graduate (you're 26yrs of age and not a baby). There are these factors called REASON,LOGIC AND FACT! These are the factors that guide the survival of a rational/thinking/sane human being. Religion is not compatible and cannot survive with those factors rather it appeals/enforces you to have "faith" and believe everything you are told without question. If you doubt me, please go ahead and provide concrete facts/evidence of why you totally believe all the stories you were taught from a book called the bible?

Do i need remind you that most (if not all Atheists) are well versed in religion than others?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by philip0906(m): 12:34pm On Aug 24, 2011
lmao. . .Immediately d op says keep God out of this,they r short of logic and reason.silly peeps grin grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2011
Harakiri!
Dont get things twisted! Pls Leave FAITH, BELIEF, GOD, gods, DEITIES, RELIGION & BIBLE OUT OF THIS!

I want an ATHEISTIC VIEWPOINT ON HOW ALL THINGS CAME TO BE!!! You earlier said that ALL ATHEISTS are intelligent! Now All we want is REASONABLE, FACTUAL, AND LOGICAL evidence as to how[b] Plants, Animals, Earth, The Universe came to BE![/b]

If I'm to become an ATHEIST TOMORROW, How would you convince ME?

harakiri:

(i am yet to see ONE Atheist who isn't intelligent. I can't say the same about religious folks).
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by philip0906(m): 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

Harakiri!
Dont get things twisted! Pls Leave FAITH, BELIEF, GOD, gods, DEITIES, RELIGION & BIBLE OUT OF THIS!

I want an ATHEISTIC VIEWPOINT ON HOW ALL THINGS CAME TO BE!!! You earlier said that ALL ATHEISTS are intelligent! Now All we want is REASONABLE, FACTUAL, AND LOGICAL evidence as to how Plants, Animals, Earth, The Universe came to BE!

U r making things complicated 4 him. . . grin grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 24, 2011
philip0906:

No I'M NOT! cheesy Let's LEARN FROM THE INTELLIGENCE OF ATHEISTS!  Pls let's leave out INSULTS on this Abeg! grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

Harakiri!

I want an ATHEISTIC VIEWPOINT ON HOW ALL THINGS CAME TO BE!!! You earlier said that ALL ATHEISTS are intelligent! Now All we want is REASONABLE, FACTUAL, AND LOGICAL evidence as to how[b] Plants, Animals, Earth, The Universe came to BE![/b]

Can't you read? What part of "Atheists are realists and live their lives based on facts" don't you understand? What part of "we have nothing to prove" don't you understand? What part of "it's up to you religious people to show concrete evidence of what you believe in" don't you understand? Is simple basic English so hard for you to comprehend or you just enjoy being a nuisance craving attention? What part of "Atheists aren't trying to convince anyone" don't you understand? Are you this reetarded?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2011
philip0906:

Actually, he's only unraveling how deluded he really is.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by philip0906(m): 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2011
harakiri:

Can't you read? What part of "Atheists are realists and live their lives based on facts" don't you understand? What part of "we have nothing to prove" don't you understand? What part of "it's up to you religious people to show concrete evidence of what you believe in" don't you understand? Is simple basic English so hard for you to comprehend or you just enjoy being a nuisance craving attention? What part of "Atheists aren't trying to convince anyone" don't you understand? Are you this reetarded?
easy bro. . .u r neither here nor there. undecided
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 24, 2011
harakiri:

Can't you read? [size=15pt]What part of "Atheists are realists and live their lives based on facts"[/size] don't you understand? What part of "we have nothing to prove" don't you understand? What part of "it's up to you religious people to show concrete evidence of what you believe in" don't you understand? Is simple basic English so hard for you to comprehend or you just enjoy being a nuisance craving attention? What part of "Atheists aren't trying to convince anyone" don't you understand? Are you this reetarded?
Sorry! What[size=15pt] Facts?[/size]. . . . . . . . And cant you make a Statement without INSULTING ME? 
I WANT to become an ATHEIST! BUT BEFORE I DO SO, ALL I WANT IS FOR REASONABLE FACTUAL AND LOGICAL EVIDENCE [/b]as to the [b]PLANTS AND ANIMALS AROUND ME & HOW THEY CAME TO BE! IS THAT A BAD THING TO ASK?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

Sorry! What[size=15pt] Facts?[/size]. . . . . . . . And cant you make a Statement without INSULTING ME? 
I WANT to become an ATHEIST! BUT BEFORE I DO SO, ALL I WANT IS FOR REASONABLE FACTUAL AND LOGICAL EVIDENCE [/b]as to the [b]PLANTS AND ANIMALS AROUND ME & HOW THEY CAME TO BE! IS THAT A BAD THING TO ASK?

I have been unfortunate enough to have hoped to have a rational discussion with you. Obviously, you have no idea what Atheism is so there's no point discussing the topic with you. You are too dull and mentally reetarded to understand the concept of Atheism.

Nuff said!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:16pm On Aug 24, 2011
[size=13pt]Sexkill i want to thank u for bring this thread back to life. . . You've done the right thing brother and i would strongly encourage u should keep opening interesting conversation (s ) like this one . i belt u the Christians and some other religious people here would attack u with their comment ( s ) for expressing your mind and ready to learn some deep things about life>>> What is the Origin of Life ? is one of the best THREAD anyone would ever come across on this FORUM as large. . .Welcome brother , let's share our knowledge  , learn and teach each others what we know about life. Science shows us that the universe evolved by self-organization of matter towards more and more complex structures. Atoms, stars and galaxies self-assembled out of the fundamental particles produced by the Big Bangg. In first-generation stars, heavier elements like carbon, nitrogen and oxygen were formed. Aging first-generation stars then expelled them out into space – we, who consist of these elements, are thus literally born from stardust. The heaviest elements were born in the explosions of supernovae. The forces of gravity subsequently allowed for the formation of newer stars and of planets. Finally, in the process of biological evolution from bacteria-like tiny cells (the last universal common ancestor, abbr. LUCA) to all life on earth, including us humans, complex life forms arose from simpler ones.

Upon considering this self-organization of material structures in the realm of philosophy, one may conclude that it happens either because the laws of nature, which have to be exceedingly special to allow for it , simply are the way they are (possibly in the context of a multiverse) or because they were designed by God for this purpose. Since we know that the laws of nature are so self-sufficient that, based on them, the complexity of the entire physical universe evolved from fundamental particles, and further, complex life forms from simpler ones during biological evolution, we can reasonably extrapolate that they would also allow life itself to originate spontaneously, by chemical evolution of suitable structures – regardless if we believe these laws are designed or undesigned. Therefore, we should expect an origin of life by natural causes from both theistic and atheistic philosophical perspectives grin

I'll respond to  this issue until some people who doesn't know the origin of life but claiming it came from one supernatural god hiding somewhere inside the sky that we have never seen or can never see but he see's all the things we do . . .what a poo !  cheesy cheesy cheesy  , I'm coming ~ this thread is taking us some level  smiley.
[/size]
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by philip0906(m): 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2011
Science shows us that the universe evolved by self-organization of matter towards more and more complex structures. Atoms, stars and galaxies self-assembled out of the fundamental particles produced by the Big slam. In first-generation stars, heavier elements like carbon, nitrogen and oxygen were formed. Aging first-generation stars then expelled them out into space – we, who consist of these elements, are thus literally born from stardust. The heaviest elements were born in the explosions of supernovae. The forces of gravity subsequently allowed for the formation of newer stars and of planets. Finally, in the process of biological evolution from bacteria-like tiny cells (the last universal common ancestor, abbr. LUCA) to all life on earth, including us humans, complex life forms arose from simpler ones.
(1) Where did life come from?

(2)What is the origin of life?

c confusion undecided
Upon considering this self-organization of material structures in the realm of philosophy, one may conclude that it happens either because the laws of nature, which have to be exceedingly special to allow for it , simply are the way they are (possibly in the context of a multiverse) or because they were designed by God for this purpose. Since we know that the laws of nature are so self-sufficient that, based on them, the complexity of the entire physical universe evolved from fundamental particles, and further, complex life forms from simpler ones during biological evolution, we can reasonably extrapolate that they would also allow life itself to originate spontaneously, by chemical evolution of suitable structures – regardless if we believe these laws are designed or undesigned. Therefore, we should expect an origin of life by natural causes from both theistic and atheistic philosophical perspectives Grin

I'll respond to this issue until some people who doesn't know the origin of life but claiming it came from one supernatural god hiding somewhere inside the sky that we have never seen or can never see but he see's all the things we do . . .what a poo ! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy , I'm coming ~ this thread is taking us some level
I was told atheists belive in FACTS. . .but all the poo u typed here,was it what u saw,experienced or taught by ur Biology teacher? undecided
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2011
harakiri:

I have been unfortunate enough to have hoped to have a rational discussion with you. Obviously, you have no idea what Atheism is so there's no point discussing the topic with you. You are too dull and mentally reetarded to understand the concept of Atheism.

Nuff said!

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed Should i take this to mean that ATHEISTS DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT LIFE? Or ARE YOU SPEAKING FOR YOUR SELF? AND WHY THE INSULTS? I REMEMBER SOMEONE ALMOST BANNED ME THIS MORNING FOR THE SAME OFFENCE! IS IT ALLOWED TO INSULT YOU TOO?  
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2011
Ogaga BRO! Thank You for your INPUT! BUT PLS I want to BECOME AN ATHEIST! So i WANT ONLY RESPONSES FROM ATHEISTS, So as NOT to GET the THREAD DERAILED!!! PLS! PLS!! PLS!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ sexkillz and phillip
We atheist are not trying to convert you , we simply look for truth and I can bet it with you if there's rational proof that God exist all , and I repeat , all atheist will chage their views. You guys don't get it , we are not converting anybody nor was any atheist converted.
As per your questions no one , not even your God knows the answer to those questions and we don't claim to either. Anybody can wake up one day to write about a supreme being who breaths fire and has the power to move planets with mere speech but how do we know it's true , there's only one way and that's through tested logic. We can see none of the regious books written so far has been able to prove any of this so why believe in it.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by philip0906(m): 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2011
apocalypse:

@ sexkillz and phillip
We atheist are not trying to convert you , we simply look for truth and I can bet it with you if there's rational proof that God exist all , and I repeat , all atheist will chage their views. You guys don't get it , we are not converting anybody nor was any atheist converted.
As per your questions no one , not even your God knows the answer to those questions and we don't claim to either. Anybody can wake up one day to write about a supreme being who breaths fire and has the power to move planets with mere speech but how do we know it's true , there's only one way and that's through tested logic. We can see none of the regious books written so far has been able to prove any of this so why believe in it.
1.B4 looking 4 a rational proof that God exists,we also want a rational proof that God does not exist
2.u guys are confusing issues. . .ogaga put up some science shyte,u and harakiri both claim u don't know. . .which do I cling on to?
3.If I told u I have seen God,what would u do or say?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2011
A rational proof would be no one has seen him
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2011
apocalypse:

@ sexkillz and phillip
As per your questions no one , not even your God knows the answer to those questions and we don't claim to either. Anybody can wake up one day to write about a supreme being who breaths fire and has the power to move planets with mere speech but how do we know it's true , there's only one way and that's through tested logic. We can see none of the[b] religious books [/b]written so far has been able to prove any of this so why believe in it.
I BEG YOUR PARDON AGAIN!!! PLS KEEP GOD OUT OF THIS! IF YOU DONT KNOW, QUIETLY SAY YOU DONT KNOW AND STOP MAKING EXCUSES!!! WITH ALL YOUR INTELLIGENCE??    

Harakiri is OUT
Apocalypse is OUT
Who's NEXT?  

I STILL NEED ANSWERS FROM MORE INTELLIGENT ATHEISTS!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by philip0906(m): 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2011
apocalypse:

A rational proof would be no one has seen him

how did u come to that conclusion?b'cos u have not seen him means no one has seen him? undecided
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by WarHorse1(m): 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2011
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2011
War Horse:

These sites my interest both parties in the quest for the origin of life

http://www.watchtower.org/e/201011a/article_01.htm

http://www.watchtower.org/e/200609a/article_01.htm

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20040122a/article_01.htm
Bro are you an ATHEIST? undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2011
philip0906:

lmao. . .Immediately d op says keep God out of this,they r short of logic and reason.silly peeps grin grin

This' is one those things that eludes me about Nairaland atheists. Like davidylan once asked, Are the atheist against God or against the people that believes in God?

Judging by what u posted philip, its obvious that most of them are actually against God
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2011
at Philip
so have seen him , so how does he look and where did you see him so I might have a look myself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? / Vision: The Great Tribulation Has Begun. Rapture Is Imminent! / My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.