Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) (13779 Views)

The Origin of Na.kedness / "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2011
globexl:

Here we again this sexkills nut.
The origin of life in simple equation: Sub-atomic physics + chemistry+ cosmic particles or cosmic rays+ gravity= Biological soup = life
YEAH BRO! MISSED ME? undecided undecided HAVE YOU TRIED PREPARING THAT SOUP? DID YOU GET LIFE? . . . . . . . . . .SOUP MY SYNCHRONIZED ARSE!!! grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2011
globexl:

Here we again this sexkills nut.

The origin of life in simple equation: Sub-atomic physics + chemistry+ cosmic particles or cosmic rays+ gravity= Biological soup = life

[b]Again and again, atheist dont have anything to prove. Atheist are not hostage to any beliefs or dogma. Most atheist are walking question marks, seeking and asking. A great man once said that " Its better to start from a position of doubt and arrive at certainty than to start with a position of certainty and arrive at doubts". That statement is what defines Atheism. It is not a belief. Unlike religion, science evolves and self corrects itself when new knowlege is obtained.Considering all the knowledge we have accumulated just over the past two hundred yrs, in just another two hundred years, we will definitely know more than we know today.
Logic and reasoning is far more superior than blind faith in understanding the world, the universe and ourselves. Let me give u a simple analogy to illustrate this point.
In Nigeria, all the indices used to measure properity and standard of living have been falling for the past 30yrs or so. Today, the industrial sector is comatose, education is very low quality, so we are not producing human capacity for future economic growth. Add corruption and high cost of governance, decayed and neglected infrastrucure, police corruption and its attendant insecurity, week and unstable currency due to low productivity and week exports. Add all these up and u'll get high unemployment and high crime rates. By stuying all these data, one can peer into the future and predict accurately that it is not going to be rosy at all. According to the world bank, Nigeria needs 30yrs of uninturrupted economic growth at the rate of at least 8% per annum to achieve some measure of what we call prosperity.
On the other hand, churches have taken over abadoned factories to sing halleluya. In those same abadoned factories, Religious pastors like Adeboye have been telling his followers everyday for the past 20 yrs that God has revealed to him tha he(GOD)is going to do a special thing for Nigeria very soon and that each member's prosperity was assured. For those empty assurances, he gets to pick their pockets for his own prosperity.[/b]

The point am trying to make with analogy is this: Would a rational mind ignore emperical data to cling to  what comes out of another person head in the form of visions , dreams or revelations?Religious belief or feeling is subjective and therefore cannot be trusted. let me put it another way: Religion might taste good on the inside ( for the religious person), but it tastes horrible on the outside.

Please, tell them.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 10:12pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

YEAH BRO! MISSED ME? undecided undecided  HAVE YOU TRIED PREPARING THAT SOUP? DID YOU GET LIFE? . . . . . . . . . .SOUP MY SYNCHRONIZED ARSE!!! grin grin grin
lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

AND WHEN A PERSON DIES AND IS BURIED, WHAT DOES HE BECOME AFTER A COUPLE OF YEARS?. . . . . . . . ICE CREAM? undecided undecided undecided

Definitely not SAND! ! !

If you doubt me, dig up the remains of your dead ancestors and tell me how "sandy" it is down there.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by claremont(m): 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2011
Sexskillz is just making a complete and utter joke of himself, and the worst thing is that he doesn't even know it! cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ HARAKIRI & CO! HAPPILY THIS IS ON THE FRONT PAGE NOW! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? grin grin grin grin

PLS GIVE THE WORLD A SOUND, LOGICAL, REASONABLE & FACTUAL EXPLANATION ABOUT THE ORIGIN OF LIFE!

LEAVE OUT THE WORDS, GOD, CHRISTIANS, ISLAM, BIBLE, QURAN!!! DONT EVEN QUOTE FROM THOSE BOOKS!!! DONT!

GIVE US THE ATHEISTIC POINT OF VIEW OF WHERE LIFE CAME FROM!!!! STOP BEATING AROUND THE BUSH! PLS
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by BABE3: 10:24pm On Aug 24, 2011
I'm not an atheist, but I'm still gonna comment anyway.

Why would any sane theist want an atheist to prove anything?   Shouldn't it be the other way round?

The opposite of being a theist is believeing that there's no God/gods right? Invariably, it should be very obvious that asking a question like this would only generate Sceintific answers and all sorts of "Big ba[i]n[/i]g theories" from Learned Athiests. So why bother asking the question, if you don't "want" those sort of answers--?

#JustSaying.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Lanrefemi: 10:25pm On Aug 24, 2011
@sexkillz:
God is not a man or an object that His existence can be proven, there is even no need to do that, believing in the existence of God is a personal thing, therefore no human being can prove to another human being that God exists or not.

The debate between creationist and evolutionist is a big one in the world today, the evolutionist always base their argument on charles Darwins work of evolution and Professor stephen hawkings work "A brief history of time"  what both scientist were not able to do is to establish how the first living cell came about, remember that a cell is the smallest unit of a living thing (plant & animal), both scientist were not able to establish how the first living cell came about, prof stephen hawking even tried to explain it with the big b.ang theory, which claims the world just came about by "chance or accident" but unfortunately the more He tried the more the whole big b.ang theory looks more ridiculous.

There is no way a big b.ang can produce living cell or cells, there is a universal fact that there is no way a non-living cell can produce a living cell.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by globexl: 10:27pm On Aug 24, 2011
[
sexkillz:

YEAH BRO! MISSED ME? undecided undecided HAVE YOU TRIED PREPARING THAT SOUP? DID YOU GET LIFE? . . . . . . . . . .SOUP MY SYNCHRONIZED ARSE!!! grin grin grin

yeah give me  about 4 billion years.

And let me ask you a question xkills; It is written that your creator said let their be light and their was light and then he dived the day into day and night and on the third day he created the sun and the moon ,right? My question: If there was no Sun and moon on the first two days of creation, then what was the source of the light that divided day and night? Please answer, since you have everything to prove.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 24, 2011
Sorry, But you two above me should know that what i want them to answer is THE ORIGIN OF LIFE!!! NOT GOD!!!

IF THEY CAN, I"LL BECOME AN ATHEIST!!!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Purist(m): 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2011
@sexkillz

For the umpteenth time, stop typing in all ALL CAPS and stop enlarging your fonts grossly.  It's inappropriate on an Internet forum (makes reading difficult).  It's bad enough that you're using a weird font face.  Plus, ALL CAPS = shouting/yelling!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 24, 2011
globexl:

[

And let me ask you a question xkills; It is written that your creator said let their be light and their was light and then he dived the day into day and night and on the third day he created the sun and the moon ,right? My question: If there was no Sun and moon on the first two days of creation, then what was the source of the light that divided day and night? Please answer, since you have everything to prove.
HELOOOOOOO!!! YOU JUST QUOTED FROM THE BIBLE!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<THAT'S AGAINST THE RULES! LEAVE RELIGION OUT OF THIS!!! RELIGIONISTS HAVE HAD THEIR EXPLANATION!

ATHEISTIC DEFINITIONS PLEASE!

DONT DERAIL!!! angry
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by dforestfox: 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2011
globexl:

[

and also why did the bible only said God created heaven and Earth, what happened to the other planets?!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 24, 2011
Purist:

@sexkillz

For the umpteenth time, stop typing in all ALL CAPS and stop enlarging your fonts.  It's inappropriate on an Internet forum (makes reading difficult).  It's bad enough that you're using a weird font face.  Plus, ALL CAPS = shouting/yelling!
Oh i'm sorry! My bad! Can you answer the Question now?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2011
dforestfox:

and also why did the bible only said God created heaven and Earth, what happened to the other planets?!
Bro! What part of i want to become an ATHEIST dont you get? Explain to me where my life came from! Lemme join YOU! RELIGION SUCKS! I am considering ATHEISM!

And STOP quoting the BIBLE and MENTIONING GOD!!!! Can you answer me now?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Purist(m): 10:40pm On Aug 24, 2011
BABE!:

Why would any sane theist want an atheist to prove anything?   Shouldn't it be the other way round?

Touché! kiss
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by alaper: 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2011
Religious people are funny!!!!!.  It is obvious that the arguement of the poster is that anything we dont understand now must be due to a creator called God lipsrsealed    They have this mindset that uses god as a default position, so that if you cannot explain everything about anything, that gap in your knowledge must be due to god!!!  It is called 'argumentum ignorantum'  an arguement from ignorance.  Furthermore, asking someone to prove that there is no god is a hollow trick.  You cannot prove a negative!!  that is a basic law of logic.  I guess the poster cannot prove that a flying spagetti monster on planet saturn did not create the world in three days.  I challenge him to prove me wrong that the 'holy flying spagetti monster' did not create mankind!  The world is waiting wink wink  I am not holding my breath
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2011

WHERE DID LIFE COME FROM?
WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF LIFE?
WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF EVOLUTION?
WHY ARE HUMANS ON EARTH?
WHERE ARE WE GOING?

That is the whole point of atheists. .There is no belief system and they lay no claim to anything so questions like this are irrelevant. .

Some do believe in the bigban[i]g[/i] and Evolution. .

You just live your life as it is no need to worry about heaven hell and all that sorts that make your life hard to deal with. .There is nothing to it just live your life. .
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by globexl: 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2011
I have nothing to prove dont owe you an explanation. Many intelligent people have  tried to educate(not convert you) you on this forum in simple language ,but ur mind is captive to religiuos dogma. If you did  not study simple bilogy in school, thats too bad.
The only conviction I have  is that religion was mistake by early man which later evolved into a big fraud and which today has evolved into a form of mental illness.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by dforestfox: 10:48pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

Bro! What part of i want to become an ATHEIST dont you get? Explain to me where my life came from! Lemme join YOU! RELIGION SUCKS! I am considering ATHEISM!

And STOP quoting the BIBLE and MENTIONING GOD!!!! Can you answer me now?

Dude as i have said earlier,i dont need to explain anything to you cause i believe you are old enough to determine what you want to believe and have faith in, so a question for you too, explain to me why you call a car a car or a chair a chair or a church a church or sex a sex and what is sexkillz?!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 10:49pm On Aug 24, 2011
ahaha sexkillz= if you have se[i]x[/i] you go die grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 10:51pm On Aug 24, 2011
@Sexkillz, if you think about it Evolution makes more sense than creation. .
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 24, 2011
YEAH!!! JUST LIKE I THOUGHT! IF THEY CANT ANSWER, THEY INSULT!

SO YOU GUYS CANT EXPLAIN YOUR HISTORY? SMH!

I HATE RELIGION! I WANT TO BE AN ATHEIST AND YOU GUYS CANT ANSWER COMMON QUESTIONS??
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Purist(m): 10:54pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

Oh i'm sorry! My bad! Can you answer the Question now?

Evil Brain has already done a very good job at addressing your question, even though you and I know that you're not in any way interested in actually gaining any knowledge here (meaning I won't waste my time with you).  And what he explained in a nutshell to you is far more plausible than your typical goddidit balderdash.   And what exactly do you mean when you say you want "atheistic answers"?  I hope you realise that there are millions of atheists who are NOT scientists, and so may not be able to answer your question (which requires a great deal of scientific knowledge).  On the other hand, there are millions of scientists (evolutionists inclusive) that are deeply religious people.

Just incase you have a change of heart though, as Evil Brain suggested earlier, you should read up on Abiogenesis if you're really serious about your quest.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2011
ATHEISTS DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING!<<<<<<<<<<<<< I KNOW! BUT THEY ARE LIVING, ALIVE! WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF THAT LIFE?? CAN ANYONE TELL ME? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 10:59pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

YEAH!!! JUST LIKE I THOUGHT! IF THEY CANT ANSWER, THEY INSULT!

SO YOU GUYS CANT EXPLAIN YOUR HISTORY?  SMH!

I HATE RELIGION! I WANT TO BE AN ATHEIST AND YOU GUYS CANT ANSWER COMMON QUESTIONS??

Sexkillz you really are not making sense . If you don't believe in religion stop believing then. .Abi, you want proof to why you should stop believing? That does not make sense

Atheists have no belief system so how can they answer that question?
Go ask evolutionists. .
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by BABE3: 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ Atheists and Non-Theists:  I've stalked the username, Sexkillz, for a while now (CIA style  grin). At the end of my quest, I found out that; He enjoys pushing people's buttons. He basks in seeing people get agrrevated. He finds delight  in people being against him. He also loves plagiarizing.

If y'all have noticed, the only thing he has done since the beginning of this thread is to doltishly dismiss anything you guys have to say. His aim to work you guys up. And Alas, it's working. He reminds me of a "masochist" sometimes.  grin

In a nutshell, stop wasting your time (on this thread).
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 11:01pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

ATHEISTS DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING!<<<<<<<<<<<<< I KNOW! BUT THEY ARE LIVING, ALIVE! WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF THAT LIFE?? CAN ANYONE TELL ME?   embarassed embarassed embarassed
Did you not do science in school? The sper[i]m[/i] meets the egg ?Air? Water? Cells?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2011
Purist:

Evil Brain has already done a very good job at addressing your question, even though you and I know that you're not in any way interested in actually gaining any knowledge here (meaning I won't waste my time with you).  And what he explained in a nutshell to you is far more plausible than your typical goddidit balderdash.   And what exactly do you mean when you say you want "atheistic answers"?  I hope you realise that there are millions of atheists who are NOT scientists, and so may not be able to answer your question (which requires a great deal of scientific knowledge).  On the other hand, there are millions of scientists (evolutionists inclusive) that are deeply religious people.

Just incase you have a change of heart though, as Evil Brain suggested earlier, you should read up on Abiogenesis if you're really serious about your quest.

You think i did not know these things already? I've studied science and evolution! Where i WASHED MY HANDS OFF SCIENCE was where they could not explain what existed b4 the big slam!

Now i'm Turning to ATHEISM for ANSWERS!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 11:06pm On Aug 24, 2011
@Sexkills, how can they explain now how the big slam was created when Time itself is contained in the universe? 

Unless, a machine is made in the future that can predate time itself I doubt it. .
Some evolutionist believe that there could be a mastermind behind it .(some are trying to link creation with evolution) but this has nothing to do with  being an atheist.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 24, 2011
kandiikane:

Did you not do science in school? The sper[i]m[/i] meets the egg ?Air? Water? Cells?
HOW DID THESE THINGS COME ABOUT?   DID THEY JUST APPEAR? WHAT LED TO THEIR BEEN PUT IN THE BODY? I HAVE TAKEN THE SCIENCE ROUTE MIND YOU! IF ATHEISTS CANT ANSWER. . . . .
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by alaper: 11:07pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

ATHEISTS DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING!<<<<<<<<<<<<< I KNOW! BUT THEY ARE LIVING, ALIVE! WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF THAT LIFE?? CAN ANYONE TELL ME?   embarassed embarassed embarassed

Does life have to have a source? OK, the source is the 'holy flying spagetti monster'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? / Why Has Jesus Christ Always Been Made To Look Like A White Man? / Nigeria’s Archbishop Jude Okolo Becomes Apostolic Nuncio To Czech Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.