Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) (13775 Views)

The Origin of Na.kedness / "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2011
apocalypse:

at Philip
so have seen him , so how does he look and where did you see him so I might have a look myself
[size=25pt]PLS GO HAVE YOUR CHIT CHATS ELSE WHERE IF YOU CANT ANSWER ME!!![/size]
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by philip0906(m): 3:09pm On Aug 24, 2011
^^
grin grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 24, 2011
^^^ grin grin grin That may sound funny! But if we are to be factual here, the level of COWARDICE of ATHEISTS is RATHER STAGGERING!!! shocked shocked shocked  Does that mean They DONT have ANY Original ARGUMENTS? They only Pick HOLES on EXISTING ARGUMENTS?

ATHEISTS Should please tell US why we should take them SERIOUS, If they cannot even EXPLAIN their own HISTORY!!! cheesy

PLS NO DERAILING! I'M STILL WAITING!!!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by philip0906(m): 3:38pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

^^^ grin grin grin That may sound funny! But if we are to be factual here, the level of COWARDICE of ATHEISTS is RATHER STAGGERING!!! shocked shocked shocked  [size=38pt]Does that mean They DONT have ANY Original ARGUMENTS? They only Pick HOLES on EXISTING ARGUMENTS?

ATHEISTS Should please tell US why we should take them SERIOUS, If they cannot even EXPLAIN their own HISTORY!!!  cheesy

PLS NO DERAILING! I'M STILL WAITING!!! [/size]

u nailed it. . .
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2011
What if i derail the thread, what are going to do? ban me or sack me? grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 24, 2011
^^^OK I'm on my KNEES! PLS DONT!

ATHEISTS make some sense! I've decided to become one, but in order to be FULLY CONVINCED, they should set MATTERS RIGHT and stop being so SELFISH WITH THEIR KNOWLEDGE! angry
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by EvilBrain1(m): 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed Should i take this to mean that ATHEISTS DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT LIFE? Or ARE YOU SPEAKING FOR YOUR SELF? AND WHY THE INSULTS? I REMEMBER SOMEONE ALMOST BANNED ME THIS MORNING FOR THE SAME OFFENCE! IS IT ALLOWED TO INSULT YOU TOO?

Actually, we know plenty about the origin of life. Its actually an area of very intensive study. The thing with (good) scientists is that they don't pretend to be sure of things rhat are still uncertain.

We know for instance that all living things use the same genetic code except for eubacteria and some eukaryotic organelles (mitochondria and chloroplasts) which use a slightly modified code. We know that amino acids (the building blocks of life) are present in comets and have been detected in deep space. We also know that all known living things use the same 20 amino acids despite there being literally millions of possible types. We know that all known living things only use left handed amino acids to build proteins even though inorganic processes produce equal amounts of both left and right handed amino acids. None of these facts fit in with either the christian or the muslim creation myths therefore they are both unlikely to be true.

Scientists have looked at the available information (and there's plenty more if you know how to use google) and have come to the following conclusions:
1. All living things descended from a single prokaryotic organism.
2. The Eubacteria (e.g. Staphylococcus for you illiterates out there) as well as chloroplasts and and mitochondria represent an early branch of the family tree.
3. Archeobacteria and Eukaryotes seperated some time after.
4. Mitochondria and chloroplasts likely lived within early eukaryotic organisms in a symbiotic relationship before eventually losing the ability to reproduce independently.

The point I'm trying to make is that scientists didn't just wake up one morning and decide to attack christians. Their theories are based on observation, logic and experimentation. The fact that they contradict the bible is unfortunate, but whatever. Science is the relentless pusuit of the truth no matter who is offended. If scientists backed down everytime christians got annoyed, we'll still think the earth was the centre of the universe and that the plague was a punishment from God.

**Edited to fix a formatting fûckup.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 24, 2011
Evil Brain:

Actually, we know plenty about the origin of life. Its actually an area of very intensive study. The thing with (good) scientists is that they don't pretend to be sure of things rhat are still uncertain.

We know for instance that all living things use the same genetic code except for eubacteria and some eukaryotic organelles (mitochondria and chloroplasts) which use a slightly modified code. We know that amino acids (the building blocks of life) are present in comets and have been detected in deep space. We also know that all known living things use the same 20 amino acids despite there being literally millions of possible types. We know that all known living things only use left handed amino acids to build proteins even though inorganic processes produce equal amounts of both left and right handed amino acids. None of these facts fit in with either the christian or the muslim creation myths therefore they are both unlikely to be true.

Scientists have looked at the available information (and there's plenty more if you know how to use google) and have come to the following conclusions:
1. [size=16pt]All living things descended from a single prokaryotic organism. [/size]
2. The Eubacteria (e.g. Staphylococcus for you illiterates out there) as well as chloroplasts and and mitochondria represent an early branch of the family tree.
3. Archeobacteria and Eukaryotes seperated some time after.
4. Mitochondria and chloroplasts likely lived within early eukaryotic organisms in a symbiotic relationship before eventually losing the ability to reproduce independently.

The point I'm trying to make is that scientists didn't just wake up one morning and decide to attack christians. Their theories are based on observation, logic and experimentation. [/b]The fact that they contradict the bible is unfortunate, but whatever. Science is the relentless pusuit of the truth no matter who is offended. If scientists backed down everytime christians got offended, we'll still think the earth was the centre of the universe and that the plague was a punishment from God.

@ Evil Brain!
Thank you so MUCH for the insight! Better than the [b]I DON'T KNOW
answers i've been getting since morning! Now the Trickiest Question! Hope you wont mind, YOU really sounded Intelligent! smiley

WHERE DID THE SINGLE PROKARYOTIC ORGANISM COME FROM?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by EvilBrain1(m): 6:45pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

@ Evil Brain!
Thank you so MUCH for the insight! Better than the I DON'T KNOW answers i've been getting since morning! Now the Trickiest Question! Hope you wont mind, YOU really sounded Intelligent! smiley

WHERE DID THE SINGLE PROKARYOTIC ORGANISM COME FROM?

Nobody is really sure since it happened so long ago but there are several plausible theories. The one that I personally favour is that it arose "by accident".

We know that the building-blocks of life are abundant throughout the universe and were likely produced by inorganic processes in the early days of planet earth. We also know that there were abundant souces of energy back then (geothermal, solar, lightening). Given these favourable conditions and enough time, it is almost inevitable that life would arise. An underwater geothermal vent seems to be the most likely place for this to hav happened. Remember that countless different variations of organic molecules would be formed. All it would take is one molecule with the ability to copy itself. The oldest known fossil is 3.5 billion years old and the earth is 4.5 billion years old. A billion years is a really, really long time and life only needs to arise once. Once life arises, it spreads, adapts and evolves as Darwin has shown us.

Personally, I doubt if life is really as rare as people like to believe. I think that its presence is nearly inevitable in any planet with the right conditions. The odds of life arising may seem long, but if you play the lottery for a billion years, what are the odds that you won't eventually win the jackpot?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by EvilBrain1(m): 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2011
@sexkillz

If you want to know more, wikipedia has an excellent article on Abiogenesis (the study of life's origins).

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2011
^^^ SCIENTISTS! I still have a Question though! What do you really mean by it came about by ACCIDENT!

STILL WAITING FOR AN ATHEISTIC DEFINITION THOUGH!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by mazaje(m): 8:03pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

^^^OK I'm on my KNEES! PLS DONT!

ATHEISTS make some sense! I've decided to become one, but in order to be FULLY CONVINCED, they should set MATTERS RIGHT and stop being so SELFISH WITH THEIR KNOWLEDGE! angry

I think I can answer one of your questions. . . .If I don't know I will always tell you that I don't instead of making things up along the way. . . . .

Here is one of the questions you asked. . . .

xkillz:

The BIG QUESTIONS!

WHERE ARE WE GOING

I believe you are asking where we are going to when we die right? The simple answer is no where, when you die you simply cease to exist. . .When a house fly or a rat dies it ceases to exist and when you die, you cease to exist as well. . . .Here are some facts. . . It can be empirically shown that the brain is the source of all thought and emotions. It can be empirically shown that there is no effect of the brain that goes on after death. It can be empirically shown that every kind of knowledge and everything people do can be mapped onto the regions of the brain. Everything we do is explained by brain activity and we can do nothing without it. It can be empirically shown that the brain is nothing more than a complex biochemical machine. Sure we are still learning about the details of the brain, but we know all of what I said and more. Without question, scientifically we can categorically state that there is no soul or spirit in a human because every thing with regards to consciousness begins and ends with the brain and it has been shown empirically. . . . . .There is no evidence at all to show that human consciousness survives bodily death. . .

Consider your brain. Consider the brain of everything you've ever encountered that exhibits intelligence. Every one of them have several things in common:
All of them are composed of physical matter.
All of them require some form of energy in order to operate
All of them generate heat when operating.

According to religious claims we are spirits trapped in physical bodies. When we die our spirit leaves our body and religion claims that it contains all our intelligence.If this claim is true that means that our body is nothing more than a vehicle for our spirit to drive around in while it's alive.

And that means that our brain isn't really the source of our intelligence. If we truly remember everything after we die then it's our spirit (soul) that actually contains all the information. The brain is unnecessary.

Yet the evidence is conclusive. Brain damage (depending on the nature of the damage) results in loss of intelligence. Memories can be completely lost because of damage to our physical brain. Skills can also be lost. Even one's own personality can be altered permanently because of damage to the brain. If we truly have spirits then  NO physical injury would be sufficient to turn a decent person into a psychopath, but we have seen many times how people's behavior has completely been altered due to brain injury. . .

It cannot be shown that there is any way for a consciousness to exist outside of a brain of some kind. Immaterial things can be empirically shown to have no consciousness of any sort and cannot have any such thing. Spirits have never been detected anywhere at any time. People who tell you otherwise are selling something or they are delusional. People can fool themselves and can have hallucinations and dreams that they interpret as spiritual meetings or revelations. These can be induced in the laboratory and personally with drugs. They are effects of the physical brain and nothing more.

The ideas of a soul can be traced to ancient superstitions and ignorant ideas. So when we die we arent going any where. . .We simply cease to exist, as a aforementioned, we aren't any special that other living creatures out there. . .A louse simply ceases to exist when it dies, just like a cat, a dog and an elephant. . .We are just like them. . .So we arent going no where because every from of consciousness begins and ends with the brain. . .The soul can be traced to Cartesian dualism which can be empirically shown to be invalid. Yes, I can state that empirically. Every scrap of evidence points to it and nothing can be demonstrated otherwise. As much as we can know anything, we know that there is no such thing as a soul. It is no more than a poetic reference to the essence of a person which is all in the brain and dies with the body. . . . .
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by EvilBrain1(m): 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

^^^ SCIENTISTS! I still have a Question though! What do you really mean by it came about by ACCIDENT!

STILL WAITING FOR AN ATHEISTIC DEFINITION THOUGH!

"By accident "is not really an accurate term which is why I put it in quotes in my previous post. Imagine if you were trying to guess some else's Nairaland password. If you were to get it the first time you tried, you could call that an accident or even divine intervention. But if you entered 1 billion wrong passwords before stumbling on the correct one could you really call that luck?

Its the same with life. All the requirements for it were already present. Natural processes formed millions and millions of different organic molecules over hundreds of millions of years until eventually one (or perhaps several) arose that could self-replicate. This molecule started copying itself using the surrounding raw materials, but not perfectly. Some of the copies were exactly the same, some were less adept or unable to make more copies and some where better at it. Some became able to adapt to different environments and thus spread to other areas and eventually colonized the whole planet. Some learnt to break down other life-forms for nutrients. The better adapted forms survived and competed with each other and the weaker ones died off.

Natural selection lead to more adaptation and more complexity. For instance the molecules that surrounded themselves with membranes (which were probably just microscopic bubbles back then) would have been better able to trap raw materials and would have thus outcompeted and eventually crowded out the free-floating ones. This may have been how cellular life began. Some of these cells would have eventually formed colonies with their close relatives, then some of the cells within these colonies would have started specializing to increase efficiency (e.g the outer cells for protection, etc). Eventually these cells could have become so specialized that they could no longer survive on their own and like that, you have the first multicellular life form. Imperfect copying and changing environments will mean the constant formation of new species and the extinction of old ones.

Eventually, after billions of years (try and wrap your mind around how long that is) of adaptation and evolution we end up with people and starfish and oroko trees. Living things have adapted and spread to every corner of the earth including some of the most crazily inhospitable places. Scientists have found life in boiling hot natural springs, in frozen Antartica, deep inside the ocean and even several kilometers under the earth's crust.

It is amazing to see what the simple rules that Charles Darwin discoverd have lead to. Its only by thinking like a scientist that you can really see how beautiful life is. Religious people are really missing a lot.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2011
Evil Brain:

Its the same with life. All the requirements for it were already present. Natural processes formed millions and millions of different organic molecules over hundreds of millions of years until eventually one (or perhaps several) arose that could self-replicate.

Hmm, you are derailing this thread O! Where did those requirements come from? Because everything starts somewhere, i'm sure you agree!

WE REALLY NEED A SCIENCE SECTION ON NL!!! cheesy
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by logica(m): 8:36pm On Aug 24, 2011
If you really want to know, watch more of Discovery, History and Geographic channels rather than Africa Magic, BET and MTV.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2011
@Mazaje and Evil Brain

I can't believe you guys are wasting time and mental energy on this guy. It's beyond obvious that he isn't here to have a logical discourse but rather to constitute a nuisance.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by EvilBrain1(m): 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

Hmm, you are derailing this thread O! Where did those requirements come from? Because everything starts somewhere, i'm sure you agree!

WE REALLY NEED A SCIENCE SECTION ON NL!!! cheesy

You're not paying attention. I already said that they occured naturally. They've been produced experimentally by simulating early -earth conditions in the lab and have even been detected in deep space. Google the "Miller-Urey experiments" if you don't believe me. Its a shame that this isn't in the WAEC biology syllabus. Its really basic stuff and is taught to JSS level students abroad.  

logica:

If you really want to know, watch more of Discovery, History and Geographic channels rather than Africa Magic, BET and MTV.

Lol.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by EvilBrain1(m): 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2011
harakiri:

@Mazaje and Evil Brain

I can't believe you guys are wasting time and mental energy on this guy. It's beyond obvious that he isn't here to have a logical discourse but rather to constitute a nuisance.

Never write people off. He could be the next Albert Einstein. eveybody can be saved.

And don't forget that both Mendel and Darwin were deeply religious men. Its only recently that religion became another word for willfull stûpidity.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2011
Evil Brain:

You're not paying attention. I already said that they occured naturally. They've been produced experimentally by simulating early -earth conditions in the lab and have even been detected in deep space. Google the "Miller-Urey experiments" if you don't believe me. Its a shame that this isn't in the WAEC biology syllabus. Its really basic stuff and is taught to JSS level students abroad.  

Lol.

Dude, trust me. . .This guy isn't interested in all this. He didn't come here to exchange ideas or knowledge. He already has his mind fixated on his beliefs and is self absorbed in his delusions. In his little mind, he thinks he's putting up a good show and making a mockery of Atheism whereas all he's doing is embarrassing his fellow Christians who are reading this. I am yet to see any of the notable intelligent Christian conservationists drop any comment on his threads or even acknowledge anything he says (and mind you, THEY ARE READING ALL THIS). That says a lot.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2011
Evil Brain:

Never write people off. He could be the next Albert Einstein. eveybody can be saved.

And don't forget that both Mendel and Darwin were deeply religious men. Its only recently that religion became another word for willfull stûpidity.

Mendel and Darwin sought knowledge and came to their conclusions. This guy doesn't fit into that category and with time, you'll see what i'm talking about.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by marcus1234: 9:10pm On Aug 24, 2011
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 24, 2011
Errrm! Scientists ARENT ALLOWED! I'll open a thread for them when ATHEISTS have failed to convince me to join them! grin grin grin

I WANT TO BECOME AN ATHEIST!  I NEED ATHEISTIC ANSWERS!!!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by EvilBrain1(m): 9:14pm On Aug 24, 2011
harakiri:

Mendel and Darwin sought knowledge and came to their conclusions. This guy doesn't fit into that category and with time, you'll see what i'm talking about.

Don't worry, I know he's a troll. But I still want to try and help him. Besides there might be others like him who could see this thread, read around it and start questioning the stories their pastors have been feeding them.

Call me a hopeless romantic, whatever. I'm just trying to make Nigeria a slightly less rètarded place, one post at a time.

sexkillz:

Errrm! Scientists ARENT ALLOWED! I'll open a thread for them when ATHEISTS have failed to convince me to join them! grin grin grin

I WANT TO BECOME AN ATHEIST! I NEED ATHEISTIC ANSWERS!!!

Guy, now you're starting to annoy me. You might as well say that sensible people aren't allowed and you only want to debate with blind, mindless fanboys like yourself. People are giving you a free gift of knowledge and you're just dismissing it. Do you like being an ignoramus? You think being ignorant is a virtue?

I should have listened to harakiri. Why am I wasting my time on this thread?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2011
Evil Brain:

Don't worry, I know he's a troll. But I still want to try and help him. Besides there might be others like him who could see this thread, read around it and start questioning the stories their pastors have been feeding them.

Call me a hopeless romantic, whatever. I'm just trying to make Nigeria a slightly less rètarded place, one post at a time.

Your patience is commendable. . .lol
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by ayusco: 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2011
hmmm interesting thread as to the question of origin of life i ask this what existed b4 the big bang? what caused it what caused chemicals and what not to suddenly become living self aware beings? tuff questions. as to existence of God its up to ones faith i'm a christian but that does not mean i disprove scientific facts but deep down i believe there is a higher power that can bring nothing into something. but with athiest as much as i understand your questions i think you can not in all certainty say what is and what is not we know that energy is never destroyed but transformed from one form to another who is to say that the human body is not changed into some form science hasn't detected yet? all this my epistle is saying is that there is still so much infinite levels of information/knowledge that we don't have about ourselves and the universe to be categorical about anything. just my two kobos
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by EvilBrain1(m): 9:48pm On Aug 24, 2011
ayusco:

hmmm interesting thread as to the question of origin of life i ask this what existed b4 the big slam? what caused it what caused chemicals and what not to suddenly become living self aware beings? tuff questions. as to existence of God its up to ones faith i'm a christian but that does not mean i disprove scientific facts but deep down i believe there is a higher power that can bring nothing into something. but with athiest as much as i understand your questions i think you can not in all certainty say what is and what is not we know that energy is never destroyed but transformed from one form to another who is to say that the human body is not changed into some form science hasn't detected yet? all this my epistle is saying is that there is still so much infinite levels of information/knowledge that we don't have about ourselves and the universe to be categorical about anything. just my two kobos

The Big Bäng theory is a completely different kettle of fish from the origin of life. And to answer you question, nobody knows yet. The standard model of physics is still incomplete and doesn't allow us to answer that question yet.
Don't worry, its being worked on. There are plenty of theories but not enough evidence to support or refute them yet. That's why they spent billions of euros on the Large Hadron Collider and millions on other experiments and space telescopes.

Check back in a few decades and maybe I'll have an answer for you.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ayusco, you are mixing up Atheism with Evolution. There are Atheists and Religious people who ponder on the theory of evolution and there are those who don't. Some of the scientists who carry out research on evolution are christians! Personally, I wonder why Christians vehemently reject the big bang theory as false and YET, they believe they were made from sand. . .lol. Do you see the irrationality we keep talking about? Do you look "sandy"? Lol
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Macavelius(m): 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2011
Can the atheists please explain what they understand in the 'Anthrophic Principle'.

Thanks Guys.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by globexl: 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2011
Here we again this sexkills nut.

The origin of life in simple equation: Sub-atomic physics + chemistry+ cosmic particles or cosmic rays+ gravity= Biological soup = life

Again and again, atheist dont have anything to prove. Atheist are not hostage to any beliefs or dogma. Most atheist are walking question marks, seeking and asking. A great man once said that " Its better to start from a position of doubt and arrive at certainty than to start with a position of certainty and arrive at doubts". That statement is what defines Atheism. It is not a belief. Unlike religion, science evolves and self corrects itself when new knowlege is obtained.Considering all the knowledge we have accumulated just over the past two hundred yrs, in just another two hundred years, we will definitely know more than we know today.
Logic and reasoning is far more superior than blind faith in understanding the world, the universe and ourselves. Let me give u a simple analogy to illustrate this point.
In Nigeria, all the indices used to measure properity and standard of living have been falling for the past 30yrs or so. Today, the industrial sector is comatose, education is very low quality, so we are not producing human capacity for future economic growth. Add corruption and high cost of governance, decayed and neglected infrastrucure, police corruption and its attendant insecurity, week and unstable currency due to low productivity and week exports. Add all these up and u'll get high unemployment and high crime rates. By stuying all these data, one can peer into the future and predict accurately that it is not going to be rosy at all. According to the world bank, Nigeria needs 30yrs of uninturrupted economic growth at the rate of at least 8% per annum to achieve some measure of what we call prosperity.
On the other hand, churches have taken over abadoned factories to sing halleluya. In those same abadoned factories, Religious pastors like Adeboye have been telling his followers everyday for the past 20 yrs that God has revealed to him tha he(GOD)is going to do a special thing for Nigeria very soon and that each member's prosperity was assured. For those empty assurances, he gets to pick their pockets for his own prosperity.
The point am trying to make with analogy is this: Would a rational mind ignore emperical data to cling to  what comes out of another person head in the form of visions , dreams or revelations?Religious belief or feeling is subjective and therefore cannot be trusted. let me put it another way: Religion might taste good on the inside ( for the religious person), but it tastes horrible on the outside.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by dforestfox: 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2011
I am Atheists and wouldnt try to sell the idea of been one to you and i dont welcome any born again preaching to me either!, so it left to you on what you want to believe or not
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2011
[size=30pt]And to answer you question, nobody knows yet. The standard model of physics is still incomplete and doesn't allow us to answer that question yet.
[/size]

THANK YOU! LOVE YOUR HONESTY! SCIENTISTS & ATHEISTS CANNOT EXPLAIN THE ORIGIN OF LIFE!!![size=50pt] HOW INTELLIGENT!!![/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

INTERESTING REALLY!!! [size=50pt]NEXT![/size] undecided
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2011
harakiri:

@ayusco, you are mixing up Atheism with Evolution. There are Atheists and Religious people who ponder on the theory of evolution and there are those who don't. Some of the scientists who carry out research on evolution are christians! Personally, I wonder why Christians vehemently reject the big slam theory as false and YET, they believe they were made from sand. . .lol. Do you see the irrationality we keep talking about? Do you look "sandy"? Lol
AND WHEN A PERSON DIES AND IS BURIED, WHAT DOES HE BECOME AFTER A COUPLE OF YEARS?. . . . . . . . ICE CREAM? undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

The Haunted House / Christian Struggling With Marijuana Addiction / Why Has Jesus Christ Always Been Made To Look Like A White Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.