Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 (80716 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Rdfactor(m): 3:40pm On May 07, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

1. Invitation letters carry no weight with the US Embassy.
2. Are you wanting to apply for a tourist visa? If so, submit your completed application with all the necessary documents.

Letter of invites carry zero or little weight. Don't know why people still do that. Most people are better off applying for a B1/B2 on their own

1 Like

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by mayowa94: 9:58am On May 17, 2023
Hello,
Which job can someone with a degree in agriculture and working experience as a healthcare support worker in the UK apply for in the USA?
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by oluigboelijah(m): 4:54pm On May 17, 2023
Hello, please, do u know anyone traveling from USA to Nigeria? Pls I need the person's contact.i need someone to help me pick up a phone from the US.
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by oluigboelijah(m): 4:56pm On May 17, 2023
Hello, please, do u know anyone traveling from USA to Nigeria? I need someone to help me pick up a phone from the US.
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by ottidex(m): 9:43pm On May 17, 2023
Make sure you plan it wella

mbapelvis:

Please can someone move to the USA through Mexico as a refugee who has no address (knows nobody) and succeed?
How will he go about it?
Thanks
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by NwaliE01: 11:26am On May 18, 2023
Konquest:

How's it going 1stGenAmerican?wink

Yes! We're at the beginning of an annual cycle! [I'm using my older moniker to post this].

So, on the other hand, did you know that ONLY approximately 30 percent of Americans own travel passports compared to
approximately 70 percent in the UK? More U.S. citizens have to open their eyes to the unlimited opportunities beyond the U.S. borders and not be too insular. I plan to be in Bahia, Brazil and Havana, Cuba for the culture and more later in the new year. Have you ever been to those two places? Yeah, I know you said you've been on a cruise ship to the Bahamas or the Caribbean region... which is mad cool.

I wish you more power as you gravitate towards your true life desires in 2023.

Like you always say, "We move"... Lol

Happy New Year!
~ AT

This brought tears to my eyes. I miss home!
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by NwaliE01: 11:27am On May 18, 2023
oluigboelijah:
Hello, please, do u know anyone traveling from USA to Nigeria? I need someone to help me pick up a phone from the US.

DHL the phone na. It will cost you little.

1 Like

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by mayowa94: 10:56am On May 22, 2023
mayowa94:
Hello,
Which job can someone with a degree in agriculture and working experience as a healthcare support worker in the UK apply for in the USA?
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 22, 2023
mayowa94:
Hello,
Cna or nurse or home care
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Sisib15: 10:08pm On May 22, 2023
Those that travel with their spouse as dependent on F2 visa, can you please share your experience, your pains, frustration and good moments.

1 Like

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by mayowa94: 8:54am On May 25, 2023
Abi1985:

Cna or nurse or home care
Thanks
How is the pay like?
Or is there any other career I can explore?
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Nobody: 8:56am On May 25, 2023
mayowa94:

Thanks
How is the pay like?
Or is there any other career I can explore?
$18 to $20
You can try nursing and apply for a hospital work visa that sponsor foreign nurses
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by mayowa94: 11:52am On May 25, 2023
Abi1985:
$18 to $20
You can try nursing and apply for a hospital work visa that sponsor foreign nurses
Alright
I think I will stick to CNA . I can't start studying for nursing at the stage.
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Adranidoo(m): 1:28pm On May 25, 2023
Interesting thread
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by AdemuyiwaOba(m): 8:42pm On May 25, 2023
Hello, anyone here in Knoxville Tennessee?
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Passionate1(m): 12:57pm On May 26, 2023
oluigboelijah:
Hello, please, do u know anyone traveling from USA to Nigeria? Pls I need the person's contact.i need someone to help me pick up a phone from the US.
grin
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Godaloneisable: 10:03pm On May 27, 2023
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Greathand01: 9:11pm On May 31, 2023
Please what kinda visa would you apply for if you get a job in the USA and the employer is ready to bring you in. PS: the applicant is currently in Uk
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:24am On Jun 01, 2023
Greathand01:
Please what kinda visa would you apply for if you get a job in the USA and the employer is ready to bring you in. PS: the applicant is currently in Uk

The employer is responsible for securing your visa.

1 Like

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:25am On Jun 01, 2023
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Greathand01: 9:50am On Jun 01, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

The employer is responsible for securing your visa.
Okay...please how do I confirm if the employer is licensed to do this. Is it going to be like COS
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:05am On Jun 02, 2023
Greathand01:
Okay...please how do I confirm if the employer is licensed to do this. Is it going to be like COS

Did the employer offer visa sponsorship as part of the employment package?
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by eden60: 1:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
This post is really useful and informative. Thanks for sharing this. azure administrator training
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Fanikoko: 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
Greetings. Biko is US lottery visa still open for Nigerians
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by biggal: 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
Originalsly:

This can be very interesting and informative to those in the diaspora and back home ... but highly likely to be derailed by enquiries on how to get to the US and by " beggars" who would discourage many from contributing to the thread in order to not expose their location. But we can give it a try.

Nobody

Location: New York City. So many things are taken for granted here ... like getting Nigerian food stuffs.... that's never a problem since there is always a store not more that 10 minutes drive regardless of where you live. The city is expensive... overheads like rent and employee pay will no doubt be passed on to the food items .... but then there is competition and proximity of stores which keep prices under control. The price is too high or items not in good condition.... we jump and pass... on to the next store! I feel sorry for you guys out there with that one store that you have to travel soooo far to reach... and when you get there..... take what you get and pay the ransom. If you're out there ... in the wilderness ... maybe you should order foodstuffs from back home and let the person send it via NIPOST.... job creation ... business venture for someone back home. To find a trustworthy and reliable person back home would be the biggest problem.

No, it's not a problem at all. I can help do that for free knowing that one day I will come over there and still need such help.
I also do importation from China for my people here.
Feel free to contact me for any help at no cost at all. 08038436827
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Alpharey: 3:42am On Jun 06, 2023
pointednose:
Also can everyone on this thread tell us the city and state they currently live. Thanks.

Hey! From Boston Massachusettes. 😀😀

3 Likes

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by pertruchi: 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
Pls who can help with a shared apartment or a cheap homestay in Illinois Chicago for just 2weeks. Its urgent pls... thanks
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by ellysaperry98: 7:23am On Jun 08, 2023
We have the competence to produce technologically driven solutions for any particular travel industry requirement. Being the leading travel app development company, Quytech offers effective travel app development services that incorporate all necessary components to assist you achieve your customers' expectations and increase engagement. Increase the profitability of your travel company by engaging with clients more effectively using a dedicated travel app. We have vast expertise in using native apps for precise advertising and tailored support to attract new consumers and retain current ones.

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by EngGandalf: 4:40am On Jun 10, 2023
Hi, is anyone here in Maine or has any tips abt the state. Thanks
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by BunmiBie: 5:58am On Jun 10, 2023
Sisib15:
Those that travel with their spouse as dependent on F2 visa, can you please share your experience, your pains, frustration and good moments.

I came on f2 visa but started nursing program immediately. I changed to f1 after 4 months of landing in the States.

I can't relate when other f2s are complaining of boredom. But trust me, you will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by AllKnowing: 1:12am On Jun 11, 2023
What do you advise?

Mid-twenties, businessman, and moving to the US (from Europe) without a university degree. What career/ incoming generating path do you advise?
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Sijibomi2021: 9:38am On Jun 11, 2023
I'm interested in a student category switch from f2 to f1.
Kindky enlighten me.
Must one come to Nigeria for another interview after being offered admission?

Thank you.
BunmiBie:

I came on f2 visa but started nursing program immediately. I changed to f1 after 4 months of landing in the States.

I can't relate when other f2s are complaining of boredom. But trust me, you will be fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply)

Nigerians Confront South Africans With Guns In Pretoria - Facebook User / Onitsha Lockdown Relaxation: What Upper Iweka Looks Like- Pictures / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.