Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election (42600 Views)

Turmoil in PDP over Obaseki / DSS Arrests Adams Oshiomhole Over APC Primaries / Court Orders EFCC To Investigate Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by DennisEche(m): 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2022
Tochj:

That was because you hid in ogbomoso and refused to travel to other parts of Nigeria.
If you have been to Anambra
You won't be saying that.
What makes you think i am affiliated to Ogbomosho or anything Yoruba. ? tell Peter to relocate to the Anambra he claimed he transformed and stop running to Lagos. Tinubu has no house in Anambra. If Lagos wasn't working will Obi be staying in Lagos? Charity begin at home.
Social Mobs like you should stop coming to my mention.

4 Likes

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by ecolime(m): 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2022
gassbee:
for fighting for his right and mandate
For not standing by Wike
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Deadlytruth(m): 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2022
Austindark:
I don't know what Wike asked from Obaseki that resulted in their fallout, but I think Obaseki should have been loyal to Wike.
Wike risked all to get him back in the corridor of power.
Never bite the Finger that feeds you.
You obviously didn't follow the issues. What later turned Wike against Obaseki was an issue of principle. Wike didn't demand any loyalty to himself from Obaseki, rather loyalty to the Southern governors agreement which Obaseki signed together with all the other Southern governors about the ban on open grazing which was believed to be the means by which Fulani terrorists were being bred in the South. After agreeing with the other governors to ban open grazing by Fulani herdsmen, Obaseki would later go visiting Buhari in Aso Rock asking him to provide funds for Edo State to build ranches through which Fulani herdsmen would be allowed portions of land in Edo State for 'cattle rearing'. It was after watching Obaseki on TV discuss this with Buhari that Wike got infuriated and began to regret ever assisting Obaseki during his travails. He began to understand what Oshiomhole initially was trying to explain to him.

3 Likes

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by ugbarreta(m): 3:28pm On Nov 16, 2022
Nyesom Wike the strongman. I like your way jari.
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by ibrahimabba7: 3:33pm On Nov 16, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4uU3fCHjCw

I admired PDP more for one thing, they are too busy planning how to make the country better. Let those who carry bitterness in their heart also continue. They will even regret more after 2023, after office.

1 Like

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by gassbee: 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2022
ecolime:

For not standing by Wike
wat concerns Obaseki governorship election with Wike, ur boss is just a bitter loser, u don't play politics with so much bitterness

1 Like

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Banter1(m): 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2022
Ediot. The same thing you did to Rotimi Amechi....wike what goes around comes around. Selfish he-goat

1 Like

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2022
So this man now hates anyone that is supporting Atiku. Let's see what he stands to benefit from all these.

1 Like

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Banter1(m): 3:36pm On Nov 16, 2022
Majesty2:
God bless Tinubu
One of Nigeria problem spotted. Mtcheeeeew
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Deadlytruth(m): 3:39pm On Nov 16, 2022
southsouthking:
Yes will know, but 2 things played out during the Edo governorship election.

Number one, Was Oshiomole aligning with pastor Ize Iyamu, the same person he once told us was a thief and a known cultist, who destroyed his friend manhood during their university days in Uniben.
It was like he was playing with Edo people intelligence, he knows the average Nigerian man is very intelligent.

No 2 was Tinubu having the guts to tell Edo people who to vote for, it's not done anywhere.
That been said, we now know who Obaseki truly is.
He's a snake in green grass.
Edo people have made their voices known, come February 2023, we'll vote for ObiDatti.
Edo is LP, LP is Edo.

In 2016 Dan Orbih and the Edo PDP family called Obaseki a thief and accused him of Using his Afrinvest to defraud Lagosians to the tune of N5bn in the name of buying shares for them, accused him of certificate forgery and illegal marriage, etc. They called him all sorts of names. But in 2020, they presented him to Edo State people and called him light and messiah. So you can see that the inconsistency was both ways - i.e. from both Oshiomhole and Dan Orbih. The only way that Edo people could have actually been adjudged to have made an intelligent choice was to have rejected both Obaseki and Iyamu since those presenting them in 2020 had also both demonized them in 2016.

In 2003 election, Lucky Igbinedion was seeking re-election and in one of the campaigns, his father, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, had the guts to openly declare that he knew that his son had failed woefully in his first term but that those contesting against him in other parties were wasting their time as he had paid for his son's eight years as Edo State Governor hence his first term failure would not cost him his second term. Guess what Edo people did in response! They voted overwhelmingly for Lucky Igbinedion once again. So how do you reconcile this with the claim that Edo people hate being dictated to? That was the greatest insult any politician ever dished out to Edo people but they swallowed it. At least Tinubu only aired his opinion by way of advice as against Lucky's father who told Edo people that he didn't need their votes to put his son in office both in 1999 and 2003. Which was worse between the two?
Mind you I am from Edo State.

5 Likes

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by slivertongue: 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
Anatakuebira:
world best word. If there is anything like that in English cheesy cheesy cheesy

Politics should be about love.
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Advancedman(m): 3:41pm On Nov 16, 2022
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by slivertongue: 3:41pm On Nov 16, 2022
millionaireman:

Adams Oshiomhole talked like a prophet here. Only the initiated can understand him.

Partisan leanings apart, it's only a most incurable ethno-religious bigot who can sideline ObiDatti ticket but choose Tinubu/Shettima or Atiku/Okowa ticket to lead contemporary Nigeria.

Yeah
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Sunnyski: 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2022
Majesty2:
God bless Tinubu
No! Na thunder go fire Tinubu abi Escobat
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by sayso: 3:50pm On Nov 16, 2022
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by christistruth01: 3:50pm On Nov 16, 2022
muykem:
I knew from the beginning that Obaseki is not a human being.

No sane person destroys the Ladder

that God Almighty used to exalt him

1 Like

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Lauraobd1: 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2022
Peter obi.de Rock is coming.

Watch how Rivers will go viral globally tomorrow.
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Deadlytruth(m): 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2022
BigYash:
With that his urgly face. You dey mind am,he couldn't do half of what osho did. Osho mistake was picking ize as candidates, if not this mumu for no come on board. Candidates when u think say them go work, na them dey fuckup pass,e.g Buhari, Obaseki, now soludo.

With the success of the fake anti-godfatherism gimmick then coupled with the feelings in Edo South that Oshiomhole wanted to control them coupled with Obaseki's tongue in cheek promise to Esans to hand over to their son at the end of his second term, it would have been easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a needle for anyone else Oshiomhole could have chosen to get these two Senatorial Districts to vote against Obaseki. Even in Edo North Senatorial District, the anti-godfatherism gimmick caught so many educated and enlightened individuals.

Oshiomhole's mistake, in my own opinion, was his decision to pick Obaseki in 2016 in defiance of warnings and advice from the Oba and so many illustrious Edo State stakeholders.

2 Likes

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Greatex90: 3:52pm On Nov 16, 2022
Mumu, what errand do you think Wike can send Obaseki?. see
Chinjo2:
Obaseki is not like Ortom or any of the so called G5 Governors. Because you supported him you now wanted to turn him to your errand boy. In Edo, we hate tyrany go and ask Oshiomhole. And in case you have forgotten, Edo no be Benue.
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Abbeytoy(m): 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2022
DennisEche:
Mr Project, Come to River State in the Next 20 years you will see the mark of Wike Projects but some people are making us to believe OBI turned Anambra to Dubai but it is not visible. God bless Soludo

It's just like Late Alao Akala of Ọ̀yọ́ State... Akala did a lot of projects while in government, but today, its worths to nothing
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by LegalWolf: 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2022
muykem:
I knew from the beginning that Obaseki is not a human being.

But they frustrated him that time man! Like a whole sitting governor, denied a return ticket of HIS party, on dubious certificate claims saga (Even when Unibadan confirmed otherwise). C'mon, what would you have done differently?
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by templeRun20(m): 4:01pm On Nov 16, 2022
[quote author=Chinjo2 post=118440768]Obaseki is not like Ortom or any of the so called G5 Governors. Because you supported him you now wanted to turn him to your errand boy. In Edo, we hate tyrany go and ask Oshiomhole. And in case you have forgotten, Edo no be Benue. [/quote

Oga what has errand boy got to do with wike demanding for an agreement previously held to stand? Someone fighting for justice is termed an enemy. This is Nigeria.
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Kufremfon1(m): 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2022
When following politicians please be careful, always use your head.
The followers are ready to fight and kill their self

Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by Tochj(m): 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2022
DennisEche:

What makes you think i am affiliated to Ogbomosho or anything Yoruba. ? tell Peter to relocate to the Anambra he claimed he transformed and stop running to Lagos. Tinubu has no house in Anambra. If Lagos wasn't working will Obi be staying in Lagos? Charity begin at home.
Social Mobs like you should stop coming to my mention.
Nigeria laws give every citizen right to live anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by DOM7: 4:06pm On Nov 16, 2022
Animalistic words! Can't someone have different view from yours? This one that is ranting like mad dog, is it not somebody that brought him up politically? Is he still under the person ( Ameachi) can't someone grow again because you contribute to his journey? Display of shame, the same people hailing this tout today will abuse lecturers tomorrow for refusing to allow some people to graduate.
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by nairamaniac: 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

do you know him personally?
mumu. Does he, or do we need to know him personally?

I supported obaseki but he lacked honor.

Making him a snake and serial betrayal.
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by muykem: 4:08pm On Nov 16, 2022
LegalWolf:

But they frustrated him that time man! Like a whole sitting governor, denied a return ticket of HIS party, on dubious certificate claims saga (Even when Unibadan confirmed otherwise). C'mon, what would you have done differently?
He left to PDP and started fighting them too.
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by nairamaniac: 4:10pm On Nov 16, 2022
Chinjo2:
Obaseki is not like Ortom or any of the so called G5 Governors. Because you supported him you now wanted to turn him to your errand boy. In Edo, we hate tyrany go and ask Oshiomhole. And in case you have forgotten, Edo no be Benue.

Nobody wanted to turn obaseki into errand boy after his reelection.

He sealed up all avenues of appointments with empty seats and kept it all away from the PDP that helped him get reelected.
For no reason.

Even if he paid Soo much money to have gotten the ticket, did he also buy edo pdp with the money?

Worse part if that he has been a total failure in terms of performance this second term.
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by JoeNL22(m): 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2022
seunmind44:
this is blasphemy, stop it
Are you an OBIDIENT?
If yes am sure you won't have a problem with it. If no.....then OYO is your case. Nigeria must be great again
Re: I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election by DennisEche(m): 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2022
Tochj:

Nigeria laws give every citizen right to live anywhere in Nigeria.
Will you live where is not conducive? Obi is staying in Lagos because it is serene, Wetin de pursue am from Anambra he once governed.
Stop selling lies to us. Soludo don cast Obi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Do Not Revenge Herdsmen Attacks" - Buhari Appeals To Victims Of Attacks / Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor / President Buhari And Osinbajo Laughing In The Office (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.