Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress (3357 Views)

8 Things In A Guy That Have Prompt Many Ladies To Offer Their Body Cheap For Him / 6 Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady / Male Body Language Flirting Signs To Watch Out For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by bittatruth(m): 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2011
He can't be that dumb, don't mind him he's just teasing yu tongue
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 10:41pm On Aug 24, 2011
Goldieluks:

Sweetie with all this virtures you display on NL,one would think that your married with kids by now.Wonders. well I hope you don't meet Mr right and make the mistake of telling him your married.well mr right will always stick around no matter what,but don't make the mistake though. wink

Dear goldie.I started life very early.I was in boarding school from age 9 till high school.
I became a 'survivor of some sort cz I got exposed to all sorts of people,different environment, etc.
I mean you just learn stuff when you are on your own.Then I have been a youth leader
mmh I think almost became a preacher but that is a story for another day.  grin grin
Right now I need this dude off my back  grin

bittatruth:

He can't be that dumb, don't mind him he's just teasing yu tongue

When a guy changes his wardrobe I dont really think hes teasing.
When he speaks with a 'twang' ish.When he walkS with a swagger whenever he sees you? lol.
Hes really sweating for nothing and I wish that he stops cz I am just not interested at ALL.
He needs to spare that for somebody else. undecided

I hate dudes who try to impress cz I easily notice.Be normal
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Goldieluks: 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2011
maybe he's your mr right who knows? or your not attracted to him because he's short,ugly,or your simply
waiting for the holy ghost to reveal it to you?
undecided smiley
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 10:49pm On Aug 24, 2011
grin grin grin @ holy ghost.Nope dear I dont believe in extremities.I am sober
I think I have my Mr.Right already. So this one is intruding.
Hes what. Hes just there! I see nothing wrong with him physically not that I care but hes not it.
I can tell when I am getting attracted to somebody and I will make an effort to try and talk with you.
This one is makes me think of breaking the 6th commandment. undecided
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Goldieluks: 11:04pm On Aug 24, 2011
Lmao,just keep ignoring him then. grin cheesy
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2011
I am facing him tomorrow armed with MrBrownJays advice.
All I need to do is time him well.I know all the strategic places.

1.The lift
2.At the water dispenser
3.When he stands at the hallway pretending to call
4.He better not DARE come to my desk cz that will be it! I will add more to the advise.

Am fully armed grin
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Goldieluks: 11:20pm On Aug 24, 2011
ok good luck then. cheesy
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by deniyor: 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Me ignoring Mr.Chima didn't work and now I got this thing in me.
Congrats
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by BodyKiss(m): 11:30pm On Aug 24, 2011
Where is the body language? That's no body language, that's wussy acting. OP, please don't underrate body language abeg.

Just use these magical words for him whenever he tries those act. "It's not working". And you'll be free.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by MrsChima(f): 11:35pm On Aug 24, 2011
Thanks Deniyor! cheesy
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 24, 2011
pendo: Tried that in vain.His actions are too much to ignore! its as if it gives him more energy.

sis ive been in ur shoes before. fortunately when it happened to me they got the hint. one time my boss when i used to work at Aldos tried to terminate my employment because i didnt take heed to his advances. report him? suuuure did! cool cool

anywhoooo!

maybe breaking the silence and indirectly let that guy know u are not interest. have u tried that?
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by MrsChima(f): 11:38pm On Aug 24, 2011
LMAO@sis snitching arse. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 11:48pm On Aug 24, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

sis ive been in your shoes before. fortunately when it happened to me they got the hint. one time my boss when i used to work at Aldos tried to terminate my employment because i didnt take heed to his advances. report him? suuuure did! cool cool

anywhoooo!

maybe breaking the silence and indirectly let that guy know u are not interest. have u tried that?

Tomorrow am doing it directly not indirectly.I am doing strategic planning.
Everything is in place so tomorrow its attack then I will live happily thereafter grin
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by MrsChima(f): 11:52pm On Aug 24, 2011
Well Good luck girl!

I am telling you men do not like rejection. To some men it is like an invitation for them to turn into animals and hunt you like a prey!

Trust me I know!
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Princek12(m): 11:55pm On Aug 24, 2011
pour holy water around your office and bind him. make sure you also plead the blood
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by dammytex: 12:04am On Aug 25, 2011
Hi Pendo,

Please relax. Don't let this guy give you unnecessary heartache over nothing.

From your responses so far, I can tell this guy irritates you. But then, you did not tell us something; what do you mean by you guys are north and south? Why do you think he's got no chance at all. Is he short, fat, black, with tribal marks, hunch back and does he also snore?  grin grin grin grin grin

Please don't attempt to disgrace him or make him feel less of a man. Whatever your decision is, let him always respect your maturity in handling things.

We guys can be funny sometimes you know. It is possible he knows you feel uncomfortable around him, making him decode it for something else (you falling for him). Trust me; we know when ladies are trying to avoid us and we can read it to have different meanings.

Don't try to put him off. You can smartly turn the table around. Take the game to him. Why don't you start a conversation with him; ask him about his girlfriend, past girl friends and his parameters for selecting girls. Tell him confidently about your boyfriend and why you love him so much and why you can never leave him for anybody else.
Formulate a story about a guy that's trying to foolishly hit on you. laugh it off, saying the guy was only being a fool since it is never possible you leave your bobo. Tell him you hate double dating and anybody insinuating it.

If he insists on his acts, write his name in capital on a piece of paper, wrap it and take it to the next Holy Ghost Service at the redemption camp in prayers. grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 12:32am On Aug 25, 2011
dammytex:

Hi Pendo,

Please relax. Don't let this guy give you unnecessary heartache over nothing.

From your responses so far, I can tell this guy IRRITATES ME. But then, you did not tell us something; what do you mean by you guys are north and south? ( no chemistry nothing just dry like wood)
Why do you think he's got no chance at all. Is he short, fat, black, with tribal marks,(not we dont have them here) hunch back and does he also snore? (damn I dont even know if he breathes O2) grin grin grin grin grin

Please don't attempt to disgrace him or make him feel less of a man. Whatever your decision is, let him always respect your maturity in handling things.

We guys can be funny sometimes you know. It is possible he knows you feel uncomfortable around him, making him decode it for something else (you falling for him). Trust me; we know when ladies are trying to avoid us and we can read it to have different meanings.

Don't try to put him off. You can smartly turn the table around. Take the game to him. Why don't you start a conversation with him; ask him about his girlfriend, past girl friends and his parameters for selecting girls. Tell him confidently about your boyfriend and why you love him so much and why you can never leave him for anybody else.
Formulate a story about a guy that's trying to foolishly hit on you. laugh it off, saying the guy was only being a fool since it is never possible you leave your bobo. Tell him you hate double dating and anybody insinuating it.

If he insists on his acts, write his name in capital on a piece of paper, wrap it and take it to the next Holy Ghost Service at the redemption camp in prayers. grin grin grin grin

So far I need God to help me be 'nice' enough to even sit and talk to him. If I approach him he will feel soo fly.
Its as if am presenting myself to him.He will feel like his efforts have borne fruit and the though of that drives me crazy. I want him to stop pacing the hallway every 30 min angry angry

If he never made those efforts to impress maybe I would have sat down with him.
But NOTHING gets on my nerves more than a guy that tries to IMPRESS.Complete turn off.
He just did it all wrong from the word go. So now even if he is an angel I have no feeling at all.
He's just an irritant trying to force his way.

I will wait for an opportunity to attack him.Let him bring his game again then I will unleash NL on him grin
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by dammytex: 12:39am On Aug 25, 2011
^^^

Madam cool down ooo.

How would you feel if he wasn't interested in you afterwards and he was only trying to use you to boost his ego.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Pweety4me(f): 12:42am On Aug 25, 2011
lol@be normal smiley
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Pweety4me(f): 12:45am On Aug 25, 2011
@dammytex why ave u got yellow eyes?

'no ofeinse'
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pleep(m): 12:47am On Aug 25, 2011
Funny thing is. After he does this for like 2 months i bet she will actually start liking him grin
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 12:51am On Aug 25, 2011
dammytex:

^^^

Madam cool down ooo.

How would you feel if he wasn't interested in you afterwards and he was only trying to use you to boost his ego.

angry angry Do you know how annoying that sounds? using me to boost your ego? okay how and why?
By the way his department has many pretty gals. Why not use them to boost his 'ego'( if he has any)
Then I will not be guilty of breaking commandment 6.

pleep:

Funny thing is. After he does this for like 2 months i bet she will actually start liking him  grin
Well been 8 MONTHS! still Dry bones
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pleep(m): 12:52am On Aug 25, 2011
and u haven't learned to ignore it yet? shocked
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Princek12(m): 12:53am On Aug 25, 2011
I hope this does not turn into one of those stories where this same guy will find another girl at the office, hook up with her, and then you will start becoming jealous of his relationships with his hookups and want him them. It happens all the time. I guess sometimes some ladies act repulsive to guys who sweat them but chase after the knuckleheads they can't have. I am not saying that you are that type of girl, but girls sometime can be funny.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by MrsChima(f): 12:54am On Aug 25, 2011
Pweety4me:

@dammytex why ave u got yellow eyes?

'no ofeinse'

Jaundice.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 1:02am On Aug 25, 2011
pleep:

and u haven't learned to ignore it yet? shocked

If you read the thread you will get the answer.The more you ignore the more he acts.

Princek12:

I hope this does not turn into one of those stories where this same guy will find another girl at the office, hook up with her, and then you will start becoming jealous of his relationships with his hookups and want him them. It happens all the time. I guess sometimes some ladies act repulsive to guys who sweat them but chase after the knuckleheads they can't have. I am not saying that you are that type of girl, but girls sometime can be funny.

Glad you highlighted that. If I had powers to hook him up with a gal I would have done so so that he diverts attention from me. I want him to impress another gal who will appreciate his efforts.
Hes not mine type.Its cz u dont know me well. There's just no hope. That is what I call vanity of vanities grin
He doesn't have what I admire in a guy. plus I feel NOTHING at all.
Ever seen something and you feel like itching or lose appetite? yeah thats what am talking about.
Am not saying hes physically bad n.We just repulse
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Princek12(m): 1:08am On Aug 25, 2011
pendo89:

If you read the thread you will get the answer.The more you ignore the more he acts.

Glad you highlighted that. If I had powers to hook him up with a gal I would have done so so that he diverts attention from me. I want him to impress another gal who will appreciate his efforts.
Hes not mine type.Its cz u dont know me well. There's just no hope. That is what I call vanity of vanities grin
He doesn't have what I admire in a guy. plus I feel NOTHING at all.
Ever seen something and you feel like itching or lose appetite? yeah thats what am talking about.
Am not saying hes physically bad n.We just repulse

dang! I guess if you are not feeling him there is nothing you can do about it. Maybe you should hook him up with some other girl. hopefully that will get him off your back. lol
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 1:15am On Aug 25, 2011
Princek12:

dang! I guess if you are not feeling him there is nothing you can do about it. Maybe you should hook him up with some other girl. hopefully that will get him off your back. lol

Yeah if I owned a dating website I would do that first thing.That is his sweat not mine.If he refuses to open his eyes to the possibilities sorrounding him then woe unto him.
In the meantime. my trap is laid out. I will be glad to see him normal cz right now hes not.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Cuddlemii: 3:42am On Aug 25, 2011
@pendo

Abegii leave matter jor. I have a guy close to my office that bugs the crap out of me. Yours is even better but I didn't come to Nland to ask for advice. I tried all options till I finally succeeded.

I have noticed something about you, you give the green light, you like clingy men & love to be chased. But loose interest later probably because you are confused, you like cocky men or you get bored easily. And your response is always the same "I don't like him, I am christain, please I didnt come to Nland for love, I came to discuss issues, Please I don't know what to say to tell him off, I am leaving, when i was young , "

That's the same thing with Satani, Toba, Claremone etc.

The guy in question might just want a raise or wants to move to the mother company so he is sucking up to workers there. Its not all body languages & actions that connote flirting or likeness. Take a chill pill or develop a thick skin.

Babes relax & let it go, let it out. You would make a good wife so let a man acquire the blessing wink wink wink
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Tjluv: 6:56am On Aug 25, 2011
@ Pendo,would you mind if it was someone else that's pacing the hallway every 30mins? Chances are that the guy is doing all of those things nt because of you. IMO, it's not a wise idea to go face him. Like Cuddlemii said,take a chill pill or develop a thick skin and btw North and South pole attract( in magnetism)
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 9:14am On Aug 25, 2011
Cuddlemii:

@pendo

Abegii leave matter jor. I have a guy close to my office that bugs the crap out of me. Yours is even better but I didn't come to Nland to ask for advice. I tried all options till I finally succeeded.

I have noticed something about you, you give the green light, you like clingy men & love to be chased. But loose interest later probably because you are confused, you like cocky men or you get bored easily. And your response is always the same "I don't like him, I am christain, please I didnt come to Nland for love, I came to discuss issues, Please I don't know what to say to tell him off, I am leaving, when i was young , "

That's the same thing with Satani, Toba, Claremone etc.

The guy in question might just want a raise or wants to move to the mother company so he is sucking up to workers there. Its not all body languages & actions that connote flirting or likeness. Take a chill pill or develop a thick skin.

Babes relax & let it go, let it out. You would make a good wife so let a man acquire the blessing wink wink wink

fyi satani and Toba = 1 .Now let me not even go there.

Do I love clingy men? Why when you are not yet my hubby.You only cling to your wife.I hate telling a man am in a relationship but he keeps pursuing relentlessly. It makes no sense to me cz it wastes time and emotions. When I decide its you then trust me I will give you my all.
See all women love to be chased but for christ's sake we want to be 'chased by the right person' the one we admire from the corner.
Not the one who bumps into you by the roadside or decides to chase you cz they like your face /behind/bosoms. grin Some chases end when the short term goal is achieved. You get what I mean?
If there's no chemistry at all then why bother really.Allow the person to find somebody else instead of taking them on a useless ride. Maybe if I was a teen.
Second I do not compromise my basic principles just to please and make you feel good. We all have principles dont we? You can mention at least 3 things you can never compromise on.It could be your behaviour,religion, your view on many issues. Maybe am a bit rigid but I try to avoid entering into a relationship blindly.yeah yeah,it may be inevitable but try and reduce the chances of that happening to avoid unnecessary heartbreaks.

And yes Nl is a discussion forum for me and I love keeping it that way. I really love some advice pple give here cz nobody can really claim to know it all. If one wants to know smbody better they know what and how to do it.If they turn you down then no big deal. There are many fishes in the sea.

There's a kind of man that catches my attention. Its not the words,the talk,the profession,the face or what not. Theres a certain boldness that I admire.
I am those people who define a relationship first.If theres chemistry then we both know why we are in it and do stuff knowingly.We know where its headed and wht we expect. That kind of thing.
Nobody will cry later if it fails.

grin okay here he is doing his thing again on the hallway! grin
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 9:29am On Aug 25, 2011
Tjluv:

@ Pendo,would you mind if it was someone else that's pacing the hallway every 30mins? Chances are that the guy is doing all of those things nt because of you. IMO, it's not a wise idea to go face him. Like Cuddlemii said,take a chill pill or develop a thick skin and btw North and South pole attract( in magnetism)

Ohh trust me when I say so.This behaviour started when I promised him a t-shirt and started greeting him. Its was like the ice breaker and he kept tracking me everywhere reminding me about the t-shirt.Then he started acting funny. See its something my friends have noticed.Besides he never used to do that.I never even knew that he existed,never knew his name he was just quiet and lowly.
But now he walks like hes company CEO,twangs,dresses to kill and speaks loud for me to hear and look up.esp when he gets near my office.
He's announcing his presence too much and everybody has noticed the big sudden change  grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He Tattooed My Name On Him, Help !!! / On Online Public Display Of Affection / Most Naija Babes Have Flat Shapless Yansh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.