Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress (3352 Views)

8 Things In A Guy That Have Prompt Many Ladies To Offer Their Body Cheap For Him / 6 Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady / Male Body Language Flirting Signs To Watch Out For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2011
Sober and mature please.
I want to do exactly that without hurting his feelings.
We occupy the same floor but separate departments infact different companies.
I work for mother company while he works for our local partner. So we are like one.
I made a mistake of promising him our company branded shirt and that gave him licence to start acting funny.
He started talking to me,dresses to impress,leaves his office like every 30 min and passes by the hallway as if he's modelling just so that I notice him. angry
He opens the door for me,and whenever I go to get my water for drinking hes right behind me,  angry
waiting for the same. angry  angry. As if we share a stomach.
He even talks different when he meets me! My friends have noticed and now make fun of me.
See I cannot tell him openly cz he has not expressed his feelings but his actions speak louder than words.
Hes just annoying and I want him to stop trying hard to impress cz there's no hope. (as in NO HOPE)
Today he had the audacity 2 walk over to my desk and ask for a spare key to the main office door from me yet hes not the one qualified to do that. angry And that alone took him like 5 good min! angry
Seriously I increased the volume of my lptp and acted very busy in an effort to show him that hes disrupting me then dismissed him very fast.
Next he has guts to wish me a good night with a 'twang' Yet that is not how he speaks! angry angry

Okay pleeeease how do I tell this dude to stop trying hard to impress me? undecided
Note; I cant tell him directly cz hes hes only communicating through body language not verbally.

Note this please: I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST IN HIM cz am into something else.

Tips tips tips I need.I will file them and always retrieve whenever a similar situation arises.

Please keep it clean.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by kokoye(m): 8:03pm On Aug 24, 2011
Assumptions

Assumptions

Assumptions
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 8:06pm On Aug 24, 2011
That is no answer Kokoye. I said Body language speaks more and everybody notices as well.
Can they be all wrong?
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2011
pendo89:

Okay pleeeease how do I tell this dude to stop trying hard to impress me? undecided
Note; [size=18pt]I cant tell him directly cz hes hes only communicating through body language not verbally[/size].
Simplicias! cheesy Whenever he starts that rubbish shake ur head this way , and if he still doesnt get, this  would do the trick! cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by violent(m): 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2011
Bring out this from your bag and ask if he'd like to borrow it for a sec

Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by ronkebp(f): 8:19pm On Aug 24, 2011
Ignore that body language, as long as he has not uttered anything, just let him keep himself busy by doing all those things, na him go tire, i know such behaiour could be irritating, especially when you are not into him, just look the other way, wink wink
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz. This is what I mean by body language'
1. Leaving his office and crossing over to my side by the hallway pretending hes making a phone call to get noticed.He never used to do that and nobody else does that.
2.Almost modelling on the hallway.His walking style has changed. And takes longer to walk to main door than before.
3.Opening the door for me all the time he sees me walk out.He never used to do that
4.Almost stalking me.Everywhere I turn Hes there.I dont know how he senses that I have left my seat.
5.I now use the stairs if I find him on the lift.Infact am now avoiding him.

I just realised that am also using body language to put him off. undecided. Absolutely crazy.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 8:23pm On Aug 24, 2011
Ok violent what is the spray for now?
I care less what he smells undecided

ronkebp:

Ignore that body language, as long as he has not uttered anything, just let him keep himself busy by doing all those things, na him go tire, i know such behaiour could be irritating, especially when you are not into him, just look the other way,  wink wink

And the more I do the more intense it gets.I have observed this since the year began and its graduating.
It's as if hes trying other tactics to get closer. See today he came to my desk! Never done that before.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by violent(m): 8:25pm On Aug 24, 2011
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by bittatruth(m): 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
Story brb
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2011
@poster
- have you BF come over and introduce him to this modeling bobo.
- clearly mention during one of his visit that you have no desire to date anyone (make sure bobo is near and can hear it all)
- simply ask him if his slick moves are to try to impress you. . . . . . . if he says YES then simply voice your mind, and if he says NO then reply:"oh thats good then because i thought you were showing off and i would have hated to blow you off and ruin our business r/ship"
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 24, 2011
i'd just pretend I have no idea what he is trying to get at or say. tongue
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

i'd just pretend I have no idea what he is trying to get at or say.  tongue

Tried that in vain.His actions are too loud to ignore! Its as if it gives him more energy.

MRbrownJAY:

@poster
- simply ask him if his slick moves are to try to impress you. . . . . . . if he says YES then simply voice your mind, and if he says NO then reply:"oh thats good then because i thought you were showing off and i would have hated to blow you off and ruin our business r/ship" 

I was having this thought on my mind but I didnt know how to go about it or whether it was the right thing to do.I don't want it to blow on my face  undecided

So now I need to 'time' him when he attempts the stunts. At the lift,or when getting drinking water,infront of his workmates,or cut him short when he pauses to model or talk on phone.
I need a perfect opportunity to be able to do this and get him back to his normal self.

mmh i feel some relief.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by MrsChima(f): 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2011
Me ignoring Mr.Chima didn't work and now I got this thing in me.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2011
^ grin grin
But this one is worth ignoring.
We are like North and South pole.
No probability of anything ever working out no feeling,no attraction,hes just there like everybody else.
And hes the 'irritating and annoying and pushy kind'.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by SAFO(m): 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2011
Pendo just be blunt with him.

Tell him if he doesn't leave you alone you'll drive a rusty nail thru his balls, then sew his azzhole up and keep feeding him till he explodes.

I betcha he backs off
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by bittatruth(m): 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Me ignoring Mr.Chima didn't work and now I got this thing in me.
Ur preggers? shocked shocked
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2011
SAFO:

Tell him if he doesn't leave you alone you'll drive a rusty nail thru his balls, then sew his azzhole up and keep feeding him till he explodes.
I betcha he backs off

shocked shocked I have to sugarcoat that a bit, for it to come out of my mouth.Its too rusty. grin
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by MrsChima(f): 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2011
bittatruth:

your preggers? shocked shocked

Why you have to say that outloud? cry cry cry cry

SAFO:

I betcha he backs off
undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by bittatruth(m): 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2011
Say something smells in this room when you see him, i can't read the story.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by bittatruth(m): 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Why you have to say that outloud? cry cry cry cry

R u shy> tongue
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by MrsChima(f): 9:49pm On Aug 24, 2011
Yes, I am shy.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by bittatruth(m): 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2011
^^Hmm first birth i guess no? tongue don't worri u'll be fine away from me cheesy tongue
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by kokoye(m): 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2011
What if all he wants is for you to keep noticing him and talking about him . . .like you are doing now?

Just , what if?

Then . .I'll say his plans are working.

A lot of ladies ended up with guys they NEVER thought they would date . . just like you.

He's affected you enough to create a thread about him . . . .you are thinking about him, either +vely or -vely.

Can you ignore him . .sincerely? That might be the key . .if you truly can.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Goldieluks: 10:02pm On Aug 24, 2011
Chima your pregnancy should be far overdew. What the hell is wrong with you?
shocked shocked

@pendo,I thought your married,my bad. undecided
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by BABE3: 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2011
Madam Pendulum Bulb,   grin

Yes, it is possible that he's changing his behavior to impress you. It is also very possible that he isn't. So, now what? That's only one way to find out for sure; talk to him about it. However, it seems like you don't have the balls, so you basically have to deal with it. He's not hurting you or making you super uncomfortable, is he?

If he verbalizes his intention, then, you have the right to tell him to 4uck off.

Btw, don't you like a lil' bit of attention? lol-- Well, I do. I like it when guys act like that (even if I'm not interested). It can get really annoying at times though.
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by MrsChima(f): 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2011
kokoye:

What if all he wants is for you to keep noticing him and talking about him . . .like you are doing now?

Just , what if?

A lot of ladies ended up with guys they NEVER thought they would date . . just like you.

He's affected you enough to create a thread about him . . . .you are thinking about him, either +vely or -vely.

Can you ignore him . .sincerely? That might be the key . .if you truly can.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Goldieluks:

Chima your pregnancy should be far overdew. What the hell is wrong with you?
shocked shocked

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Goldieluks: 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

[/quote

Quit bending that mouth and speak up. angry
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by claremont(m): 10:07pm On Aug 24, 2011
@OP: Have you ever considered giving him a chance? Why don't you just go out with him and hear him out? He may be "the one" God/devil/whoever has been keeping for you for ages! cool
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by bittatruth(m): 10:07pm On Aug 24, 2011
Mrs Chimz wetin do you?
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by pendo89(f): 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2011
[/quote]
Yeah that's what I like.I tell people that I am and trust me.It works wonders. grin grin

kokoye:

Just , what if?

Can you ignore him . .sincerely?  That might be the key . .if you truly can.

Its taken a whole 8 months trying to ignore but to no avail. The reason for the thread was cz today he crossed the line and got into my nerves.I think he had this 'dare' in mind and he thought he had the perfect opportunity.
So I really needed to know how best to communicate without it blowing on my face.
Rem I said we are like North and South pole.No chance no probability nothing ever.

[quote author=BABE! link=topic=743779.msg8999655#msg8999655 date=1314219786]
Madam Pendulum Bulb,   grin

Yes, it is possible that he's changing his behavior to impress you. It is also very possible that he isn't. So, now what? That's only one way to find out for sure; talk to him about it. However, it seems like you don't have the balls, so you basically have to deal with it. He's not hurting you or[b] making you super uncomfortable, is he? [/b]

If he verbalizes his intention, then, you have the right to tell him to 4uck off.

Btw, don't you like a lil' bit of attention? lol-- Well, I do. I like it when guys act like that (even if I'm not interested). It can get really annoying at times though.

There bolded Babe! Its uncomfortable cz he makes me use the stairs when I find him a lone in the lift.
I say hi to everybody else but him,he makes noise talking on phone from the hallway! I hate seeing him everywhere I go.Hes all over my face! Thats how uncomfortable it is.

Lol attention is good but hey from the right person.Hesnot meant for me.Like I said we are North and South pole.

claremont:

@OP: Have you ever considered giving him a chance? Why don't you just go out with him and hear him out? He may be "the one" God/devil/whoever has been keeping for you for ages! cool

Good lord.Okay listen Go where? we dont click! at all.Instead of a spark I feel a repulsion.Now what's that.
That acting gets into my nerves! Ever seen somebody act and you get nausea? thats it.
I remember pretending to talk to my sweetheart loud on phone so that he hears.
I even shout that I am having a hot date in the evening in his presence to repulse him but he just doesn't get it!

Now I feel like shootin his head off.  undecided
Re: How Do U Put Off A Guy That Talks Through Body Language In An Effort To Impress by Goldieluks: 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2011
Sweetie with all this virtures you display on NL,one would think that your married with kids by now.Wonders. well I hope you don't meet Mr right and make the mistake of telling him your married.well mr right will always stick around no matter what,but don't make the mistake though. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Ex Is Getting Married To My Brother... / See The Gory Things Black Men Do For Visa In UK (pics) / On Online Public Display Of Affection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.