Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House (52843 Views)

They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by fashionnisir(f): 7:38am On Nov 19, 2022
Are you sure that your mother did not complain to him that you were not helpful to jer at home?
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Nezero(m): 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2022
Messi1:
I've always visited this my uncle at least four times a week. That is where I pass away time. His children all like me and any day I fail to come they must ask me why didn't come. I use the time i spend in his house to teach his children Mathematics and do their home work for them.

Today I was in his house, he stormed out from his room and ask if i don't help my mother at home. He yelled at me and what pain me most is that he said food is costly and they are only managing. He made me feel like i was the one finishing the food in his house. He said I should not be too frequent in his house if at all I must come.

I'm considering severing all ties to this my uncle, will that be right?

Some people's moms can go behind to incite the uncle to chase them. Or complain to the uncle how nobody helps them at home
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by aalangel(f): 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2022
Messi1:
I've always visited this my uncle at least four times a week. That is where I pass away time. His children all like me and any day I fail to come they must ask me why didn't come. I use the time i spend in his house to teach his children Mathematics and do their home work for them.

Today I was in his house, he stormed out from his room and ask if i don't help my mother at home. He yelled at me and what pain me most is that he said food is costly and they are only managing. He made me feel like i was the one finishing the food in his house. He said I should not be too frequent in his house if at all I must come.

How can you visit someone 4 times a week Even if you're not eating their food. That's irritating.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Sammy5413(m): 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2022
Learn to refuse food sometimes in people's homes. It adds values to your esteem
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by southome(m): 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2022
Which one is 4 times a week? You caused it na. Being too present brings see finish. The man has been harboring the thing, trying to be polite but food cost, he had to say his mind. Oga no think am, severing ties ko.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by HRMK: 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2022
why must you be in his house four times a week?i also have the feelings its bcs of the free food!stay at your home!food is so much expensive these days!!
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Abcruz(m): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2022
brain54:
Hey… long time. How and we’re have you been it’s been long I saw you is sweeter to hear than you come again?

Sometimes make yourself scarce to increase your value and respect.

You're absolutely on point. It is 1 of the 48 laws of power by Robert Greene.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Everbryte: 12:01am On Nov 20, 2022
sorry about the embarrassment. You don't have to severe all ties with your uncle. It may not mean that he hates you; he is not just seeing your value & is trying to see if you are adding value at home. Try to gain some self respect

Some guiding principles
You do not have to be too frequent in anybody's house, else you 'commonise' your presence & your person

If/when/where you go visiting, do not stay for so long and especially late into the night , except you have to sleep there, your host & perhaps the family need their own space for 'me/us only' time - otherwise you turn yourself to a 'problem'

Sometimes, reject food offers; even with an empty stomach

once in a while if you have a little change, appear with something for the kids, it doesn't have to be expensive - pop corn/bread/ice cream etc - That way you co-create value for them even if your uncle is wealthy
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 6:52am On Nov 21, 2022
VictorDivine:
Messi poison that your uncle so that you can have free access to his house.
what if na ur father be anoda person and him nephew choose to follow this advice that you gave hope you go dey very happy
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by faithfull18(f): 7:29am On Nov 21, 2022
Well, in the book of proverbs, it says someone who always goes to his neighbour's house, your neighbour will get tired of you and start to hate you. That book is full of unadulterated wisdom, you should read it.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2022
Calvary247:
Victor learn to be moderate in everything. You may not severe all ties to this your uncle, but know how to relate with him and his family.
Wise girl! Nice advice from you
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Archangelhenrio(m): 2:04am On Nov 26, 2022
Avoid visiting people unnecessarily.
"Longest time" is better than
"This mumu don come again"
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by grandstar(m): 6:10pm On May 10, 2023
Messi1:

Read Proverbs 25:17 and meditate fully on it
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by NotNairalandi(m): 6:14am On May 11, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. / Husband Has Been Having Sex With His Father-In-Law / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.