Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House (52844 Views)

They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2022
Your uncle shouldn’t have said that
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Kobicove(m): 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
Why would you be visiting his house 4 times a week? angry

He's right to express his grievances cos the economy is tough for everybody now
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by frozen70(f): 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:
I've always visited this my uncle at least four times a week. That is where I pass away time. His children all like me and any day I fail to come they must ask me why didn't come. I use the time i spend in his house to teach his children Mathematics and do their home work for them.

Today I was in his house, he stormed out from his room and ask if i don't help my mother at home. He yelled at me and what pain me most is that he said food is costly and they are only managing. He made me feel like i was the one finishing the food in his house. He said I should not be too frequent in his house if at all I must come.

I'm considering severing all ties to this my uncle, will that be right?

Be calm with him

You go there too often so your visit is too close for comfort

When you come around they server you food, so its an extra budget

To them you are coming for their favour

You have to reduce your visit totally

I am glad he told you how he feel, rather than bringing up issues that will lead to quarrels

I agree with him
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by ibinaboonline: 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
LOL. Ah, mogbe.
Messi1:
I've always visited this my uncle at least four times a week. That is where I pass away time. His children all like me and any day I fail to come they must ask me why didn't come. I use the time i spend in his house to teach his children Mathematics and do their home work for them.

Today I was in his house, he stormed out from his room and ask if i don't help my mother at home. He yelled at me and what pain me most is that he said food is costly and they are only managing. He made me feel like i was the one finishing the food in his house. He said I should not be too frequent in his house if at all I must come.

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by godofuck231: 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

na food carry you go there be that truly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Yomit71(m): 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
sometimes you do something with a pure mind but others reason it the other way. if any member of my family show me this attitude, we're done for life even if you're a billionaire you must demand for my presence before you ever set your eyes on me.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by luluosas(m): 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2022
Well, don't cut ties with him, but stay away from his house in the remaining days of this year 2022, and see how he will react
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Segzy19: 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2022
Ogbeni, ara nkan everybody bayi..
Igboro o rerin jare.. your uncle may not be having a good time hence his lashing out at you... It's not because he dislikes you... Economy is hard....

No need to cut ties with him. That will be too drastic... Just make yourself scarce in his house... After a while he will be the one seeking you. He
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by deebrownneymar: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

Why? So sorry. I would never speak to him again. That was very embarrassing
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by lanocfoods: 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

If you can take a long break. Na see finish
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by VirileNelly2420: 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

Wot?

Contemplating wot again, .... severing tie?

Bro, for him to voice out dis way, it had been a topic of discussion behind u. Plz hold ur peace and give dem chance
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Banbanna(m): 8:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
EmahBoss:
With the way this op creates threads with different monikers and replies himself with his alternate handles, he surely must be a pest. How on earth will you be visiting your uncle 4 times a week and eating their food every time you were served?
For a very long time, stay away from his home, the economy now does not allow families to even pretend to love one another.....

I find your uncle hilarious and I have been laughing. I like his bluntness

Same here too. That na Ukwa Uncle. cheesy
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by CrateofBeer: 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
How on earth do you visit family 4 times a week. You didn't see the signs they've been throwing to your face that's why he result to last approach. You're very wrong for visiting a family that often, even if it's your siblings don't visit them like that especially when they're married.

But your uncle is too harsh Sha, he shouldn't have talk in such manner considering your his sister's son.

Just stop visiting him TOTALLY for life because you never can tell when you'll be inconvenienting him again.

Greet him and be good to his children but never step his house again and don't take even a Kobo from him again.

That's why I don't like living close to family too. We respect ourselves more from afar from this side of the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by LadeeE: 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
4 times a week reach to pursue you.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by uchwar1: 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

is 4 times a week not much?
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by dnawah(m): 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

they go don name some plate after u."junior go and bring that uncle Messi's plates." grin grin grin
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by orion7: 9:29pm On Nov 18, 2022
4 times a week. Stupid fool
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Halo22: 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2022
This is the reason I don't visit people anyhow, even my close relations. I hate being embarrassed like eeeh. I remember sometime around 2012, I visited my cousin's house in the villa during Xmas period. So the children there requested I help them Change the TV channel as they were tired of the one they were watching. When I obliged them, do u know that this mugu came out of the room and started talking to me anyhow, without even finding out why I changed the channel. Since that day, except it's for a good reason, I don't visit anyhow.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by makavalley(m): 9:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
King Solomon speaking from the book of Proverbs said Let your foot be seldom in your neighbor's house, lest he be weary of you, and hate you.
Messi1:

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by grandstar(m): 9:49pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1

Learn to read signs. I dont wait until i receive insults
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by BRATISLAVA: 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2022
ikeno:
oga,u sef stay ur house abi u no get house.u go dey use scoop dey finish dia food say u dey teach em children math.no teach dem again dem fit teach dem sef.

LMAO!

What a comment.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Mc3kwata(m): 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
Over familiarity dey bring insult......abi you no know?

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by WantsandMore: 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

when some of us were kids ,we didn't understand our Uncles, although some were wise and could manage their emotions,yet we complained and called them stingy and all sorts ofnames, some weren't and would lash out like your Uncles, those ones we stayed away from, others were doing fairly ok and would never complain but their wives na elele, now , jungle don mature, shege full everywhere with our siblings and nieces,nephews and all plenty other relaThieves.relatives.. all I can is Omo, you go understand wella when you finally reach him age, what you do @ that time is totally up to you. But don't forget how you felt when someone totally lost it...because there will be people like you and your Uncles till eternity with Zero empathy.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by chymeze: 11:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
You see Mr poster, even the Bible mentions it clearly in Proverbs 25:17. It says "Seldom set foot in your neighbor's house— too much of you, and they will hate you."
Ever since I read that scripture I always apply wisdom in visiting people, irrespective of who they are, at least to maintain your dignity and respect. This has nothing to do with your uncle's behavior or attitude, but about your lack of wisdom. Don't visit people frequently and make yourself a liability to them.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by CaptainFM1: 1:03am On Nov 19, 2022
Messi1:

You don't even have respect for yourself. How can you be visiting 4 times in a week?
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by BluntCrazeMan: 2:35am On Nov 19, 2022
Messi1:

At least,, he didn't see the part where you were helping them.

Ok then.
Stop going there.

Like, don't ever go there again.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by BluntCrazeMan: 2:42am On Nov 19, 2022
jamesversion:

Yes, this is the best comment. Your sisters son, your children's nephew. That was way too condescending.

The uncle could have discussed with his wife and she would stylishly deny him food.
What if that was the wife's idea?

Like, the woman cooks and dishes the food, so she is the one who cares more about the food.
Now, the guy is a relative to the man, so she cannot do anything to him without the man's knowledge..
So, family politics entered into the game..
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by FireUpNow(m): 4:46am On Nov 19, 2022
Just stop frequent visit plese
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Okwuapkunaonu(m): 5:25am On Nov 19, 2022
Messi1:

Avoid him
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Inali: 6:50am On Nov 19, 2022
Everything that people have said is right. Learn to read between the lines.

If you're bored and you go there out of boredom, you can get this oraimo earbuds to keep yourself company.

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Bishopwizzy(m): 7:08am On Nov 19, 2022
Messi1:

That will be right...., never visit again, no matter what avoid going to his house and make him regret his statement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. / Husband Has Been Having Sex With His Father-In-Law / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.