Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House (52847 Views)

They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by fuckingAyaya(m): 3:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
After math's u wait for dinner? Werey grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by tellwisdom: 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:
I use the time i spend in his house to Eat his food.

undecided
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by BloomingDale(f): 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:
I've always visited this my uncle at least four times a week. That is where I pass away time. His children all like me and any day I fail to come they must ask me why didn't come. I use the time i spend in his house to teach his children Mathematics and do their home work for them.

Today I was in his house, he stormed out from his room and ask if i don't help my mother at home. He yelled at me and what pain me most is that he said food is costly and they are only managing. He made me feel like i was the one finishing the food in his house. He said I should not be too frequent in his house if at all I must come.

I'm considering severing all ties to this my uncle, will that be right?

How can you be visiting someone four times in a week? Amazing. Just invading another man’s privacy anyhow. If I’m your uncle, I will tell security to set the dogs on you, anytime you visit more than once every four months.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by doneback04: 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:
I've always visited this my uncle at least four times a week. That is where I pass away time. His children all like me and any day I fail to come they must ask me why didn't come. I use the time i spend in his house to teach his children Mathematics and do their home work for them.

Today I was in his house, he stormed out from his room and ask if i don't help my mother at home. He yelled at me and what pain me most is that he said food is costly and they are only managing. He made me feel like i was the one finishing the food in his house. He said I should not be too frequent in his house if at all I must come.

Because you have made yourself available in his house without him inviting you that why he take you coming for food always, learn to give people space and they will value you whenever they see you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by 1gbdata: 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
I blame PDAPC for making things difficult for your uncle.
Vote for Peter Obi for a better Naija

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by sharpwriter(m): 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Richy4:

Thank you...Some people can't read the handwriting on the wall even when it's staring at them on their faces embarassed
Yes, some people too mumu, and some also no get shame, they can never deny their mouth and stomach even if they ain't hungry. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by KeyEndurance: 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Shai Your Uncle Done See You Finished
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by fotadmowmend(m): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

Simple .... Don't go to their house often again
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Ara21(f): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
budaatum:
When you go 4 times a week do you always eat and bring them nothing?

If so, he's right to complain, especially if he does not see the value in the mathematics you bring for his children.

Perhaps stop eating his food and don't go so often.

So if he was the man's son would he have said so, the man is simply trying to tell him that blood is thicker than water.
He should stay away ASAP.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by demoBaba: 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

Visiting somebody 4times in a week.....Haba what are you discussing with them? Is like you're repeating your discussion everytime you went there.... you didn't respect yourself that's why.... moreover STOP eating they're FOOD, everyone dey manage ni and stay in your mother's house.

4 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by OscarDboss: 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

I will not go there again if I was you ,,,but I will still take him like my uncle but will always decline to cone to his house
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by kunle75(m): 3:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

If you try that with me,you won't like what I will do to you.
Learn to do everything moderately, 4 days in week ,what types of maths u dey teach abeg.
Stay at home and help your mom and stop been entitled jor.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by tivhador: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
Just stay away for sometime and face your own life, bro
Messi1:

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by rickleye: 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

Dude - You didn't see the tea leaves.
You assumed he was in a better position than he portrayed. ( which he has declared ) , which means the amount of money he was giving out to is wife or whoever was doing the food increased and you were mentioned as the cause.

You visit 4 times a week and you eat every single time. ( 208 times in a year )
I would advice you to not visit for a month and then reduce your visit to once a week and not eat, so leave before food is ready.

I will tell you a vertical story.
Back then when you see an elder in a commercial vehicle, and you great such elder, he would say " don't pay o , ma san owo ( yoruba) .
Can you imagine he seeing you everyday because you ply the same route ?

So my best friend used to be picked up by his dashing elder sister who was in SS, we were her juniors and therefore we played soccer for about 30mins when it would be time to head home. She would of course pay . However after a month of such she called me aside and said , Bode, we cant afford to pay for you transport anymore as they receive a certain allowance for transportation for just 2 people . I said, I understand. So when she calls for us to go, I have 2 options - I follow the commercial vehicle and pay my own way, or walk the almost 10km's distance with other kids.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by DaInferno(m): 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

grin it must really hurt you for openinga thread. you must still be very young...cus anything your uncle does to you today, na when you become uncle tomorrow you go understand. He was harsh though. Not going to that house again is common sense
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Allisgud: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
U narrated everything but u didn't mention that side,anyway food is expensive in the market if u didn't know before, maybe u are one of the people saying on tinubu mandate u will stand,u better reason now
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Oceanjagaban: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

the worst thing to happen to man na see-finish

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Akunatakasi(m): 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
jamesversion:

I'm from Ikwerre.

Well, like you said the man knows where it pinches him. Also factors such as his personal relationship with his sister and her husband. Also too, maybe he felt the boys presence was unnecessary and might really need to help his mum, possibly in whatever business she's does.

Ikwerre people no dey carry their nephews and nieces play shaaaaaa....
I'm grew up with ikwerre people..
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by rickleye: 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
fuckingAyaya:
After math's u wait for dinner? Werey grin grin grin grin grin grin

The Uncle paying for Maths tutorial with his meal.
Just incase OP you don't see the logic. How would you feel, if you had your cousins over to your house for tutorial 4 times a week and your mum had to cook for all mouths.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by dandig(m): 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
How old are you? Under 18 help, your mom.
Above 18 get a skill
20+ focus on your education side by side your skill to give you pocket money
30+ go give your niece and nephews carton of indomie snacks etc as Uncle Oyoyo..

Come back and thank me for this piece

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by naniawini(f): 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
grin cheesy
ikeno:
oga,u sef stay ur house abi u no get house.u go dey use scoop dey finish dia food say u dey teach em children math.no teach dem again dem fit teach dem sef.
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by uvie66: 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

you self your own too much, how you go person house four times a week... the Man is right to yell at you. He is not your Father, so what are you doing in his house?
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Aguilar(m): 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
Sense should tell you that you're not a kid anymore. Life is as wild as a jungle, it's either you're weak or strong. You can't be both. Man up and face your struggle or challenge as a man. Even your blood brother or sister go looseguard you for the jungle. Work, earn and save to avoid see finish. You can't be living and at the same time be idle, cos nobody geh joy these days.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by donsheddy1(m): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
Two things I learned here.
1. You too like food
2. You're jobless.

That your Mathematics you claim to teach the children, use am get work so you don't go disturbing your uncle for food.

Messi1:

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2022
As others have pointed out, he probably gave you signs and you didn't read them. you should learn to read people's body language. We use it for communication more than we use our mouths. And unlike our mouths which we use deliberately, body language could be deliberate or indeliberate. But you sef reason am. Showing up at a person's house 4x a week is no longer considered "visiting".

Don't cut your relationship with him. He probably doesn't know how to talk. But earn yourself some respect by giving him and his family their distance. You shouldn't show up there too often anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by manando1(m): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

You know we all sometimes have bad days maybe just maybe your uncle had a very bad day , but then you need to reduce your visitation to his house but don't hold grudges against him .

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by sonature1: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:
It would be better if I cut ties..the man is really very unreasonable.

He's unreasonable because he told you to stop coming to his house 4 times a week?

Really? Are you that jobless?

I think you are the unreasonable one here because you allowed yourself to become a victim of see finish.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by desire4love: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
Why would the uncle behave that way? He should be happy that his relative is coming to his house.
Maybe is the wife that asked him to behave that way.
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by maasoap(m): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
brain54:

Sometimes being blunt is better than being subtle…

I respect blunt people. Maybe the uncle has even been subtle in approach
but OP didn’t understand as someone pointed out by a previous comment.

Someone that visits 4 times weekly. Some times you need to yell!

This kind of blunt was not needed, unnecessary at all because it destroy relationships. Most especially, he was talking to someone far younger than him. Op may never forgive him because of this approach. He said too many things that wasn't necessary to pass his message.
What if Op find himself in a position where the uncle's kids end up looking up to him for assistance tomorrow?

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by BigDawsNet: 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:

Don't cut ties

Just reduce you visit...
2 times a month is better...

I'm sorry but dere are kind of people that just get tired of receiving visitor daily...
Try to stay on ur lain... you will see when he misses you.. he will call you to visit

Remember! Respect is a reciprocal. If you respect yourself others will respect you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Greattha: 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
The best revenge is SUCCESS.

Let me tell you a first hand story.

This guy had this senior Cuz who he called uncle. This Uncle lived with the guy and his parents before uncle gained admission into Uni, graduated and then got a job as a banker.

When this guy was in Uni, he always visited said uncle on some weekends.

One weekend, while the uncles babe was around, uncle decided to seriously embarrass the guy...for a babe...
They later got married tho.

This guy decided to cut all ties.

Many years later, a funeral for a family member brought Uncle and this guy together. When the guy greeted the uncle, responding, uncle said...I was told you're now the MD of your Organization. Its really good to see you. How's everything.
Imagine the joy and respect the guy felt that day.
Down side, uncle and the wife aint together no more.

Morale of the story: find something doing and be the best version of yourself. The law of "see finish" respects no one.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. / Husband Has Been Having Sex With His Father-In-Law / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.