Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children (7098 Views)

Husband Flies 1st Class, Makes Wife And Children Sit In Economy - Is It Right? / Wife Omitted From Obituary After Killing Husband And Children In Benue. Photos / Why Your Husband Won't Meet Your Needs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by ahnie: 2:38am On Nov 21, 2022
Sad one
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by ExudeLoveToAll: 3:28am On Nov 21, 2022
Jesslove:
A stingy man is more deadly than someone having cancer

Which advice is better at this point?

Telling an adult to get a job so she can take care of herself or abusing another for been stingy.

This is the reason why women should be a contributor to family finance you never tomorrow, if such scenario happens you can always take good care of yourself.

Never you put yourself up as an adult baby who only needs to be taken care of, be a partner in it's true sense.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by ExudeLoveToAll: 3:47am On Nov 21, 2022
faithfull18:

A man who can't provide for his family is worse than an infidel - Bible talk am, I just helped you out.

You only follow what the Bible say when it suits your narrative.

If you delve into it's contents and what it really says , I guess you won't quote the Bible as you have done.

Some of you would be quick to say this is 21 at century and it is no longer needed when the narrative doesn't favour you and then you would go ahead to cite a document that is more than 2k years when the content seems to favour your narrative.

Every adult is responsible for his or her actions whether a male or a female. Just as the man is responsible to his kids same applies to the woman. The man's job is not to Kill himself taking care of another adult but there should be a mutual partnership not a sole proprietorship in raising a good family

Those ancient times you quoted in the Bible was the period where men were only responsible for taking care of the family and someone who is not able to do so is reffered to as an infidel. That time has passed , now if the family is not taken care of both the man and the woman is worse than an infidel.

In synopsis, a good home is where partnership strives and goals are achieved when two sane minds come together for the greater good of all participants of the family. The better you start seeing yourself as a partner in business in marriage the better for you.

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by ExudeLoveToAll: 3:51am On Nov 21, 2022
MP3GAGAdotCOM:

See your life, wait for him then angry

Hunger never panel_beat you wella

My rib.....

Imagine an adult hoping totally on another for salvation, what if the person dies? She will join him and die too.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 21, 2022
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by dominique(f): 4:29am On Nov 21, 2022
TheGoodAmerican:
You'll have to cease this entitlement mentality and start thinking about how to fend for yourself and now three children. You already have one baby daddy (who is obviously not providing for his child) and should've been careful before having more kids for another irresponsible deadbeat. As a woman, you yourself should have a means to provide for your kids. Having kids aimlessly and expecting the man to be the sole provider is irresponsible on your own part too.

So expecting a man to be financially responsible for his children is now entitlement mentality? What a wawu!!! You people keep dropping the bar low for men yet you get upset when some women opt for sperm donors as against settling down with a man. As much as I am against op's total dependency on her husband and mother, expecting him to cater for his children is not doing too much especially now that she's incapacitated.

You men keep encouraging and justifying irresponsibility amongst yourself then turn around to blame the mother when the children wants nothing to do with you when they're grown. Kwantinue!

11 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by OloYeOfEgbE: 5:04am On Nov 21, 2022
The story no clear....

No vex
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by kingthreat(m): 5:22am On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:
He met me with 1 child who is 3 years 10 months we only did introduction ,I have 1 child for him 1 years 5 months and I am pregnant with another one, he is working but he won't provide for me and our children I am tired of begging my mum everyday for foods and money she doesn't have much but she is trying her best to provide for me and my children she is paying for my first daughter school fee which it is not her duty to do so. I am tired of the marriage and I want to leave him please I need advice no insult if you insult me I will insult you back

Wetin u want make we come do now?
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by TheboyGhost(m): 5:53am On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

Ok thanks for my own sanity I have to leave first then I will take the matter to welfare ,my mum will not carry his responsibility he must take care of his 2 children while she will continue taking care of my elder daughter

Alright try also not to get too involved with men.... (Just have fun when it's right and move on)

Go seek for a career and get married to that hustle cause if you let another man sweet mouth you into relationship and probably pregnancy na still ur wahala ....

A broke single mother is never regarded by the society.....

But a well to do and independently surviving single mother is a pride to her family and society.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by faithfull18(f): 7:22am On Nov 21, 2022
ExudeLoveToAll:

You only follow what the Bible say when it suits your narrative.

If you delve into it's contents and what it really says , I guess you won't quite the Bible as you have said.

Some of you would be quick to say this is 21 at century and it is no longer needed when the narrative doesn't favour you and then you would go ahead to cite a document that is more than 2k years when the content seems to favour your narrative.

Every adult is responsible for his or her actions whether a male or a female. Just as the man is responsible to his kids same applies to the woman. The man job is not to Kell himself taking care of another adult but there should be a mutual partnership not a sole proprietorship in raising a good family

Those ancient times you quoted in the Bible was the period where men were only responsible for taking care of the family and someone who is able to do so is reffered to as an infidel. That time has passed , now if the family is not taken care of both the man and the woman is worse than an infidel.

In synopsis, a good home is where partnership strives and goals are achieved when two sane minds come together for the greater good of all participants of the family. The better you start seeing yourself as a partner in business in marriage the better for you.

So, you want mutual partnership yet you still want to be treated as the Lord and saviour.

You want mutual partnership, you want to be submitted to and respected.

You want mutual partnership, you want to be regarded as head of the house.

Now, tell me how it sounds to you.

Well, that's what the Bible says, if you don't like it, go and remove it.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Candidlady: 7:29am On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

He is the Head of the family it's his responsibility to provide for me and our children

Lmao

Are you for serious rn undecided

Icant believe we still got ladies with this mindset.

Auntie please get yourself a job .. stop been dependant on these dead incompetent genders.

Going through your posts Idoubt if that thing(your man) will ever respect your or even take you serious..

Imagine you trying to be a modern day slave.

Kai
Allah sukaruwa

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by ahnie: 7:36am On Nov 21, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
The story no clear....

No vex
Al-jazeera, nothing dey ever dey clearer to you.
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by ahnie: 7:38am On Nov 21, 2022
It's so I obvious this madam likes suffering.who depends on a man in this generation.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Franciscabless(f): 8:24am On Nov 21, 2022
ahnie:
It's so I obvious this madam likes suffering.who depends on a man in this generation.

Am not depending on him but it is his responsibility to provide for me and the children even if i starts working he must still have to provide 99% for us. I want him to do his duty because it is not my mum duty to be taking care of his children when he is working I am my mum responsibility but his children are not my mum responsibility

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Oyiboman69: 9:12am On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

He is the Head of the family it's his responsibility to provide for me and our children
see where this your mentality has landed you. Besides, you create a post about knowing when to have sex with a man just October here... have you been having an affair with another man while with this man or you carry the pregnancy and give to the new one and still expect the later to be taking care of you while sleeping around with another man? ,cos you stated that the pregnancy is 8months gone. . In addition, from your statement on how you'll insult anyone who is not in line with your opinion just show your bad and intolerable character. You can insult me if you so wish.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Mindlog: 9:19am On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

Am not depending on him but it is his responsibility to provide for me and the children even if i starts working he must still have to provide 99% for us. I want him to do his duty because it is not my mum duty to be taking care of his children when he is working I am my mum responsibility but his children are not my mum responsibility

You are not your mum's responsibility because you are a full blown adult, who have decided to be sexually active and become a mother.

You share responsibility of care with the baby daddy of your first child and it is your responsibility to get him to be involved in providing for the child you share with him. You also share responsibility for the second child and the third, about to be born with their father. Get the welfare service to get the 2 fathers actively involved in their children' lives.

You have to concentrate on repurposing your life, 3 children from 2 fathers who you were never married to and neglectful is not of the best interest of the innocent children.

Marriage should not be in your horizon for now and for some years to come, focus on acquiring skills and opportunities to earn steady income to care for yourself and add to whatever your children' fathers contribute.

Burdening your mother with financial responsibilities that shouldn't be hers, is so very unfair.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Pacesetter2021: 9:27am On Nov 21, 2022
eyinjuege:
1.Get an abortion if you're not too far gone
2. Move out of his home to your mum's place
3. Find a job to support yourself and your 2 children
4. You can also report their fathers to relevant authorities to get you some financial support for the children.
see your mouth. It's easy to advise someone to kill a child who did nothing wrong.

It's selfishness that make people suffer because they always sow in the flesh and reap curruptions.change your ways.

Op,you got it all wrong in the beginning but nothing wrong with turning to God and saying Lord I missed it. Discipline me till I get it right. It will take a lot but at least you will align with His will and He will help you.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Sweetvie: 9:58am On Nov 21, 2022
Why are you waiting for a guy?
Yeah, it's his responsibility but you don't need to wait for a guy before you can eat... I don't know y you get pregnant for him again when he is not doing his work.
Anyway, in a relationship communication matters most smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Franciscabless(f): 10:10am On Nov 21, 2022
Mindlog:

You are not your mum's responsibility because you are a full blown adult, who have decided to be sexually active and become a mother.

You share responsibility of care with the baby daddy of your first child and it is your responsibility to get him to be involved in providing for the child you share with him. You also share responsibility for the second child and the third, about to be born with their father. Get the welfare service to get the 2 fathers actively involved in their children' lives.

You have to concentrate on repurposing your life, 3 children from 2 fathers who you were never married to and neglectful is not of the best interest of the innocent children.

Marriage should not be in your horizon for now and for some years to come, focus on acquiring skills and opportunities to earn steady income to care for yourself and add to whatever your children' fathers contribute.

Burdening your mother with financial responsibilities that shouldn't be hers, is so very unfair.

I know I am a adult and not her responsibility but I am at the lowest point in my life right now , she must support me until I get back on my feet , pregnancy is not a disability I will put to bed soon and will find a job or comtinue selling akara with her . My first child daddy is in prison am waiting for him to be release so I can take him to welfare the same way I am going do for this irresponsable guy am staying with. He must take care of his children by fire by force I cannot kill myself taking care of them alone only for him to comes claiming them when they become very successful in life

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Franciscabless(f): 10:11am On Nov 21, 2022
Pacesetter2021:
see your mouth. It's easy to advise someone to kill a child who did nothing wrong.

It's selfishness that make people suffer because they always sow in the flesh and reap curruptions.change your ways.

Op,you got it all wrong in the beginning but nothing wrong with turning to God and saying Lord I missed it. Discipline me till I get it right. It will take a lot but at least you will align with His will and He will help you.

Amen
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Franciscabless(f): 10:16am On Nov 21, 2022
Sweetvie:
Why are you waiting for a guy?
Yeah, it's his responsibility but you don't need to wait for a guy before you can eat... I don't know y you get pregnant for him again when he is not doing his work.
Anyway, in a relationship communication matters most smiley

I don't wait for him before eat because if I waited for him before I eat I wouldn't be alive to tell the story , my mum is feeding us but it's not fair because it is not her responsibility, he should man up and take care of his offsprings

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Mindlog: 10:23am On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

I know I am a adult and not her responsibility but I am at the lowest point in my life right now , she must support me until I get back on my feet , pregnancy is not a disability I will put to bed soon and will find a job or comtinue selling akara with her . [b]My first child daddy is in prison am waiting for him to be release so I can take him to welfare [/b]the same way I am going do for this irresponsable guy am staying with. He must take care of his children by fire by force I cannot kill myself taking care of them alone only for him to comes claiming them when they become very successful in life

The welfare officials can't drag financial responsibility out from a man coming out of prison because he has not been earning. Readjusting into the society is very difficult for ex-convicts as people are very skeptical about giving them jobs or entrusting them with responsibilities.....so don't expect much from him in the first few years.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by dominique(f): 10:28am On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

You're an adult, you're no longer your mother's responsibility. It's this over dependent nature of yours that is probably pushing this man away from you. It seems you didn't have any plans for yourself going into adulthood, all you wanted was to look for a man to take care of you while you pop out kids. Your plan failed with baby daddy 1, it's looking like it's about to fail with baby daddy 2 also. You need to check yourself. You strike as the type that hardly appreciates the man's efforts and kept demanding for more till he got fed up.

Also why is your older child your mother's responsibility? Where is her father? Why are you not pressuring him to pick up his responsibility like you're doing for this present baby daddy?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Richy4(m): 10:35am On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

sad shocked angry shocked

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:35am On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

I know I am a adult and not her responsibility but I am at the lowest point in my life right now , she must support me until I get back on my feet , pregnancy is not a disability I will put to bed soon and will find a job or comtinue selling akara with her . My first child daddy is in prison am waiting for him to be release so I can take him to welfare the same way I am going do for this irresponsable guy am staying with. He must take care of his children by fire by force I cannot kill myself taking care of them alone only for him to comes claiming them when they become very successful in life

The bolded just gave us an insight of the type of men you roll with, and the kind of person you are, so in order not to judge, I wish you good luck.

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by ahnie: 10:41am On Nov 21, 2022
I don't wanna imagine what this pregnant lady is going through cry cry cry.
The man should look for means of supporting his kids financially since he has the means.

As for you op,I believe you have learnt your lessons,after giving birth pls stay the heck away from men, whilst you look for job or hustle,or learn a skill to invest all your energy on.

For your own good I repeat......stay the heck away from men.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Franciscabless(f): 10:41am On Nov 21, 2022
dominique:

You're an adult, you're no longer your mother's responsibility. It's this over dependent nature of yours that is probably pushing this man away from you. It seems you didn't have any plans for yourself going into adulthood, all you wanted was to look for a man to take care of you while you pop out kids. Your plan failed with baby daddy 1, it's looking like it's about to fail with baby daddy 2 also. You need to check yourself. You strike as the type that hardly appreciates the man's efforts and kept demanding for more till he got fed up.

Also why is your older child your mother's responsibility? Where is her father? Why are you not pressuring him to pick up his responsibility like you're doing for this present baby daddy?

I had better plans for my life but lust has destroyed it. Am only 21 it is not over or too late for me to become a better person in the coming years.
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by ahnie: 10:44am On Nov 21, 2022
I m getting emotional cry
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by esfu2kvgxaww: 10:52am On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

I had better plans for my life but lust has destroyed it. Am only 21 it is not over or too late for me to become a better person in the coming years.
21 with 2 kids and another on the way…

Wow no wonder you feel 100% entitled and don’t want to work

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by dominique(f): 10:59am On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

Now it all makes sense. You're still a kid yourself, you have no business getting married and having kids. You should have learnt your lesson with your first pregnancy naw, you should have pushed men far away till you get your life on track.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by LuvsBeautifl: 11:03am On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:
He met me with 1 child who is 3 years 10 months we only did introduction ,I have 1 child for him 1 years 5 months and I am pregnant with another one, he is working but he won't provide for me and our children I am tired of begging my mum everyday for foods and money she doesn't have much but she is trying her best to provide for me and my children she is paying for my first daughter school fee which it is not her duty to do so. I am tired of the marriage and I want to leave him please I need advice no insult if you insult me I will insult you back

Sorry to hear this. Like someone advised, you aren't actually married. You should leave if you think that's the right thing to do.
Right now, you need to work on yourself. You need to start a business or acquire a skill.
I understand a man is the provider, but as a woman you need to be able to hold your end.
I wish you good luck.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Rickmann: 11:04am On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

Listen my dear.. The essence of being a man is to fend for and protect your family..if ur husband or the man you claim to have kids for isn't doing that while you both stay under same roof, then he isn't man enough, You are as good as a single mum. I can't tell you to leave but I want you to follow your heart and do what's best for you and ur kids.. Your mum can loan you some money to start up something small so as to stop being entirely dependent on her and then you can pay back as soon as u pick up.

you deserve better.

Take care.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MOGs With Swag / 7 Ways For Men To Lose Belly Fat / My Niece's Strange Writting. Is She A Cultist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.