Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children (7093 Views)

Husband Flies 1st Class, Makes Wife And Children Sit In Economy - Is It Right? / Wife Omitted From Obituary After Killing Husband And Children In Benue. Photos / Why Your Husband Won't Meet Your Needs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:36am On Nov 21, 2022
No wonder the poverty rate in the shithole increased to 62 percent. Op sorry o. You don enter am.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Franciscabless(f): 11:40am On Nov 21, 2022
LuvsBeautifl:

Sorry to hear this. Like someone advised, you aren't actually married. You should leave if you think that's the right thing to do.
Right now, you need to work on yourself. You need to start a business or acquire a skill.
I understand a man is the provider, but as a woman you need to be able to hold your end.
I wish you good luck.

Ok thanks I will leave after I put to bed so he can pay the hospital bill , if I leave now he will not pay for it.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by ahnie: 11:45am On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

Ok thanks I will leave after I put to bed so he can pay the hospital bill , if I leave now he will not pay for it.
Lolz the revamp cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
This lady is the real deal cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by OloYeOfEgbE: 12:21pm On Nov 21, 2022
ahnie:

Al-jazeera, nothing dey ever dey clearer to you.

sorry ma.

I jump and pass your wahala in Jesus name
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by ahnie: 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

sorry ma.

I jump and pass your wahala in Jesus name
Na you Sabi wetin dey pursue you.
Rest I m not after you.
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by OloYeOfEgbE: 12:32pm On Nov 21, 2022
ahnie:

Na you Sabi wetin dey pursue you.
Rest I m not after you.

Sometimes your head bolt for maximum respect dey lose and I'm not blaming you because that's how I'm am..We from the same place,so that's how we are..
so I tend to allow you captain the ship always,so I can see peace and feel it
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Ayinke93(f): 12:34pm On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

Am not depending on him but it is his responsibility to provide for me and the children even if i starts working he must still have to provide 99% for us. I want him to do his duty because it is not my mum duty to be taking care of his children when he is working I am my mum responsibility but his children are not my mum responsibility

lolz. There's something called hunger and it's a punishment for lazy people like you. I only feel bad for the babies that'll suffer the consequences of both you and your husband's irresponsibility. You are an adult, and you don't have the right to demand to be catered for like you are handicapped. Get an abortion, a freaking job and a tubal ligation and stop stressing netizens undecided that did not know when you were having sex.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Sweetvie: 12:37pm On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

I don't wait for him before eat because if I waited for him before I eat I wouldn't be alive to tell the story , my mum is feeding us but it's not fair because it is not her responsibility, he should man up and take care of his offsprings
Hmm babe
As lady to lady
Shey you know it not fair for that woman bah?
You can't expect her to raise you and still raise ur kids... You made a mistake with the first guys and you still repeat same mistake with the second guy. That woman need rest, you're the one that is suppose to be taking care of her not the other way around. Babe, I don't care if my husband is otedola I'll still work
My own money is different from our money. There's even pride sef in making money for yourself... Forget about he is not doing his responsibility and stand on your own. He will be the one coming back to beg sef, he sees you as a liability and no guy want that especially in this economy. But wait, when you know he is not doing his work why do you allow urself to get pregnant again? See ehn it not abt giving birth it about taking care of them. And you av no source apart from ur mom. Mind you, am not blaming nor condemning... Am just trying to say why do allow same situation to happen twice. Anyway, if you leave him you're going to be on your mom neck again and she will be trying to cater for you guys... That's mother love for you but you seriously need to do something for yourself dear. Like I said try to av a heart to heart conversation with ur husband. For a relationship to work communication is important.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Franciscabless(f): 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2022
Ayinke93:

lolz. There's something called hunger and it's a punishment for lazy people like you. I only feel bad for the babies that'll suffer the consequences of both you and your husband's irresponsibility. You are an adult, and you don't have the right to demand to be catered for like you are handicapped. Get an abortion, a freaking job and a tubal ligation and stop stressing netizens undecided that did not know when you were having sex.

I have the full right to demand him to cater for me and our children especially in my condition who will hire me in my condition, I think you had so many abortion in the past it has made you barren that's why you are not ashamed to tell me to abort a 8 months pregnancy heartless woman

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Franciscabless(f): 12:48pm On Nov 21, 2022
Sweetvie:
Hmm babe
As lady to lady
Shey you know it not fair for that woman bah?
You can't expect her to raise you and still raise ur kids... You made a mistake with the first guys and you still repeat same mistake with the second guy. That woman need rest, you're the one that is suppose to be taking care of her not the other way around. Babe, I don't care if my husband is otedola I'll still work
My own money is different from our money. There's even pride sef in making money for yourself... Forget about he is not doing his responsibility and stand on your own. He will be the one coming back to beg sef, he sees you as a liability and no guy want that especially in this economy. But wait, when you know he is not doing his work why do you allow urself to get pregnant again? See ehn it not abt giving birth it about taking care of them. And you av no source apart from ur mom. Mind you, am not blaming nor condemning... Am just trying to say why do allow same situation to happen twice. Anyway, if you leave him you're going to be on your mom neck again and she will be trying to cater for you guys... That's mother love for you but you seriously need to do something for yourself dear. Like I said try to av a heart to heart conversation with ur husband. For a relationship to work communication is important.

I know it is not fair for my mum but she had no choice but to help me at my lowest point, it is not permanent one day I will pay her back for everything she has done for me and my children. As for the pregnancy it wasn't plan my mum took me to the hospital for jadelle implant still I got pregnant it is not my fault naa
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by NemoDatQuod(m): 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2022
Head of which family? You are boyfriend and girlfriend. You are not married and it is obvious that the guy does not want you and is probably already in another relationship.
Moreover, did you consult him before getting pregnant?
How a woman will open her legs and start dropping babies in that shithole of a country amazes me.

Before you have even one child, you must have a combined family income of at least N10M annually. Just to effectively support one child. That is, if you want to give that one child the same competitive advantage his peers have who attend schools where the fees are at least N3M a year. Else, you have condemned your own child to a life of challenging circumstances and you may have most likely given birth to an armed robber and criminal, straight from your own womb.

Why the craze to have children? Why the craze to give birth to criminals and armed robbers just to be called a mother? Married women who live in developed and wealthy countries think thrice before they will birth even one child, because they look at things from the perspective of the unborn child. No child wants to be inferior to others because of the circumstances of his/her birth.

This craziness should stop. Maybe it is time a government regulation is in place to prevent women from giving birth unless they can show that they have the requisite resources to provide effectively for those kids and give them the same opportunities as every other child. No wonder children are killing their parents in greater number, in our generation. My parents would have been in serious jeopardy if they had given birth to me in such a thoughtless, selfish and foolish manner.

Franciscabless:

He is the Head of the family it's his responsibility to provide for me and our children

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2022
NemoDatQuod:
Head of which family? They are boyfriend and girlfriend. They are not married and it is obvious that the guy does not want her is probably already in another relationship.
Moreover, did she consult him before getting pregnant?
How a woman will open her legs and start dropping babies in that shithole of a country amazes me.

Before you have even one child, you must have a combined family income of at least N10M annually. Just to effectively support one child. That is, if you want to give that one child the same competitive advantage his peers have who attend schools where the fees are at least N3M a year. Else, you have condemned your own child to a life of challenging circumstances and you may have most likely given birth to an armed robber and criminal, straight from your own womb.

Why the craze to have children? Why the craze to give birth to criminals and armed robbers just to be called a mother? Married women who live in developed and wealthy countries think thrice before they will birth even one child, because they look at things from the perspective of the unborn child. No child wants to be inferior to others because of the circumstances of his/her birth.

This craziness should stop. Maybe it is time a government regulation is in place to prevent women from giving birth unless they can show that they have the requisite resources to provide effectively for those kids and give them the same opportunities as every other child. No wonder children are killing their parents in greater number, in our generation. My parents would have been in serious jeopardy if they had given birth to me in such a thoughtless, selfish and foolish manner.

The UAE gives married folks 20k usd and a free land and yet it still has a negative birth rate. It has free education till tertiary for all emiratis and free healthcare yet they dont born. I am using UAE as an example cause its an islamic country and follows all tenets of islam. Here in Nigeria they marry ten and born 100. Little wonder poverty rate is 62 percent and growing and they will still abuse the government. Jokers.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by ahnie: 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

Sometimes your head bolt for maximum respect dey lose and I'm not blaming you because that's how I'm am..We from the same place,so that's how we are..
so I tend to allow you captain the ship always,so I can see peace and feel it
Na you know wetin you dhey talk.
Na look I dey look you.

Mind you...we're not from same place.
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by ahnie: 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2022
Ayinke93:

Ma'am did you just told her to abort her 8months pregnancy?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by NemoDatQuod(m): 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2022
You need to understand the mindset of men. Left to him, he is not married to her. He simply got her as a live in lover and now she is saddling him with two unwanted children and he does not feel responsible. For all you know, that guy already has another relationship going on somewhere else. Of course that does not make it right. But in a country where the laws are lax and are hardly enforced, women should be very careful with what they do.

The bigger question is what a woman was thinking when she opened her legs and started dropping babies. Even if they are married, who does that? In a country where the cost of living is out of reach of more than 90% of its citizens. Who does that? You bring forth children who will be disadvantaged from the womb. In their teenage years, you start blaming them for not being bright and for not having good prospects in life. How will they, when you can only afford to send them to sub-standard schools in classrooms where Jimmy the dog will refuse to enter inside?

We all need to wise up in this generation.

ibkayee:
Taking care of small children can be a job on its own so I think it’s a bit unreasonable for people to be demanding you juggle it with a job, not knowing your full situation. He should be providing for his kids at the very least.

That saying, I hope you didn’t get pregnant for him the second time knowing all of this about him………..

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Franciscabless(f): 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2022
NemoDatQuod:
Head of which family? You are boyfriend and girlfriend. You are not married and it is obvious that the guy does not want you and is probably already in another relationship.
Moreover, did you consult him before getting pregnant?

You ask if i consult him before getting pregnant ? You are a lowlife irresponsible fool just like him. I am pretty sure your dad abandoned your mum and she had to raise you alone. Thunder strike you wherever you are.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Sweetvie: 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

I know it is not fair for my mum but she had no choice but to help me at my lowest point, it is not permanent one day I will pay her back for everything she has done for me and my children. As for the pregnancy it wasn't plan my mum took me to the hospital for jadelle implant still I got pregnant it is not my fault naa
Hmmm I understand
I get ur point
It good you av plans
I just wanna say... It not until you av millions that you can start something for ur self and kids. Well, God will provide for you.
Yeah, I do know mistake happen but forget implant, there are pills you can take within that 24hr of sex. Anyway, Baby is a blessing grin

Wish you good luck smiley
Cheers grin
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by dobnina(f): 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2022
You people should take it easy with Op na. She has made the mistake already. Pls easy on her. She needs a solution not bashing.
The lady you guys are bashing is currently 8months pregnant and she has seen a lot of shege already.
Pls you guys should consider her mental health. She has learnt her lesson already.
Just drop your advise and stop insulting her.
Don't raise her bp, she is in a critical stage.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Franciscabless(f): 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2022
Sweetvie:
Hmmm I understand
I get ur point
It good you av plans
I just wanna say... It not until you av millions that you can start something for ur self and kids. Well, God will provide for you.
Yeah, I do know mistake happen but forget implant, there are pills you can take within that 24hr of sex. Anyway, Baby is a blessing grin

Wish you good luck smiley
Cheers grin

How can I be taking pills while I was on implant who does that, it is not my fault implant has failed me and I don't regret having my girls because they are my future

1 Like

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Franciscabless(f): 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
dobnina:
You people should take it easy with Op na. She has made the mistake already. Pls easy on her. She needs a solution not bashing.
The lady you guys are bashing is currently 8months pregnant and she has seen a lot of shege already.
Pls you guys should consider her mental health. She has learnt her lesson already.
Just drop your advise and stop insulting her.
Don't raise her bp, she is in a critical stage.

God bless you sis . The ones insulting me are the irresponsible ones just like him.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by dobnina(f): 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

How can I be taking pills while I was on implant who does that, it is not my fault implant has failed me and I don't regret having my girls because they are my future
You sef learn to ignore somethings.
You are pregnant so I understand your hormones are raging.
Just take it easy. Don't raise your Bp.
Save your strength for labor room drama.
Just take the useful advise and ignore the rest.
I wish you a safe delivery my dear.
Sorry for everything you have been through.
Life is not fair sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Sweetvie: 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

No
Am saying instead of the implant.
That's it... Baby are blessings
Just take good care of them smiley
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Franciscabless(f): 1:23pm On Nov 21, 2022
Sweetvie:
No
Am saying instead of the implant.
That's it... Baby are blessings
Just take good care of them smiley

It was my mum fault she choose implant , of course i I will take care of them along with their father by the time I take him to welfare they will deal with well well and he will provide by fire by force

1 Like

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by NemoDatQuod(m): 1:26pm On Nov 21, 2022
Good quote.
You forgot where the book also said she was created to be a Helper for the man. That was the reason she was created, to help the husband.

And you also forgot where in proverbs chapter 31, He also said this about a good wife:

Proverbs 31:17-27

17 She is a hard worker, strong and industrious.
18 She knows the value of everything she makes, and works late into the night.
19 She spins her own thread and weaves her own cloth.
20 She is generous to the poor and needy.
21 She doesn't worry when it snows, because her family has warm clothing.
22 She makes bedspreads and wears clothes of fine purple linen.
23 Her husband is well known, one of the leading citizens.
24 She makes clothes and belts, and sells them to merchants.
25 She is strong and respected and not afraid of the future.
26 She speaks with a gentle wisdom.
27 She is always busy and looks after her family's needs.

A woman (or man for that matter) who will not work should not eat. That's also what that book you quoted said.

faithfull18:

A man who can't provide for his family is worse than an infidel - Bible talk am, I just helped you out.
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Sweetvie: 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

It was my mum fault she choose implant , of course i I will take care of them along with their father by the time I take him to welfare they will deal with well well and he will provide by fire by force
Lol
You guys need to talk seriously
Atleast he should provide for his own child
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Franciscabless(f): 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
Sweetvie:
Lol
You guys need to talk seriously
Atleast he should provide for his own child

Children second daughter and the unborn child
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by NemoDatQuod(m): 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2022
That's a very good business that you can expand by doing a few things.

1. Get an Accountant to help you and your mum understand the individual and total cost of making one akara.
2. Get an understanding of how many akara you sell in a day (easily done)
3. Determine how much income that this brings in each day.
4. Use the same Accountant to understand what is called your net profit each day.

If the net profit is not enough, increase what is called the "footfall" (number of people who come to buy akara from you every day. You can do this by making sure you always have akara into the late mornings. When you tell that customer "akara don finish", you are losing money and dragging yourself down.

You can also start a delivery service. You can use money from profits or borrowings to open up an akara spot, the same way there are ice cream joints, etc. It is only a fool that will look down on akara business as something for losers. There is loads of money to be made from it.

You really must be lazy to have a mother who has such a potentially lucrative business and still be waiting on a man to feed you. God did not say your husband should feed you. He made you as a helper to your husband or man. Go and read Proverbs 31 from verse 17. Get off your ass and go to work right now. Here in Europe, pregnant women keep working until the day they give birth, because they want to maximise their maternity leave. So there is no reason why you shouldn't be working with your mum right away until you give birth.

By the way, there are more women in employment than men, here in the UK. So I don't know where you Nigerian girls get your sense of entitlement that it is the job of a man to take care of you materially.

It's crazy that instead of doing work that brings joy and money, you women are happy to be slaves to a man, your fellow human being.

Be independent! That's the way you were created to be!

Franciscabless:

I was selling akara with my mum , I know he is not my husband cos he hasn't pay my bride price

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Owologbo(m): 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

I was selling akara with my mum , I know he is not my husband cos he hasn't pay my bride price

Why not open another akara selling place to continue your akara business after moving in with him?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Franciscabless(f): 1:48pm On Nov 21, 2022
Owologbo:

Why not open another akara selling place to continue your akara business after moving in with him?

He didn't give me the money to open one
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by Owologbo(m): 2:05pm On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

Do you mean he stopped caring right from inception of the relationship? So what was the purpose of the relationship; back?
Re: My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children by ahnie: 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2022
Franciscabless:

It's a very lucrative business, that's one of my side hustles.
It gives you some sense of independence monetary,

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? / Do You Prefer An Enigmatic Spouse Or A Straight Forward One? / How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.