Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) (60340 Views)

Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender / New Naira Notes Unveiled By President Buhari, What Do You Think - Tolu Olulana / CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Oritna94(m): 11:44am On Nov 23, 2022
Very Ugly. Did they dye the notes? Is this what they could come up with? Now they will say they spent billions dyeing this ugly notes. Smh
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Incredible128: 11:44am On Nov 23, 2022
The notes now look like one of those worthless currencies in today's world, Venezuela's money comes to mind grin grin. Let's just hope naira doesn't devalue drastically because of this grin because, not many people would like to hold painted Abi is it bleached money grin grin; policies of this government have always turned out to be nonsense, increasing suffering; from NIN down to the Bleached NAIRA grin grin grin grin
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Acidosis(m): 11:45am On Nov 23, 2022
OchuOfTheNorth:
The change is not bad... The colors on the old notes made it very expensive to print making some currencies a lot less than it's production value.. this is not bad at all. If u look at the dollar or pound they are not as colorful as the naira and cost a lot less to produce

Where in the entire CBN report did you read about the cost of printing? Don't be surprised that the cost of printing this current one is even more than the previous.

Cost was never an issue. They cited ease of counterfeiting, stockpiling, etc. Cost never appeared.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by DADYLEED: 11:45am On Nov 23, 2022
LordIsaac:

Okay sir.
I guess you must have come 4rom ABRAKA to be a LORD ryt?
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by mrvitalis(m): 11:46am On Nov 23, 2022
Acidosis:

...but the cost of printing is not a major reason for the currency "re-design."

A wasteful government like the Nigerian government has never been bothered about the cost of printing Naira notes, especially now that we are gradually going cashless.
They are worried because printing money is not money you can loot it's not a contract you can reaward it's fixed

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by blacksam01: 11:46am On Nov 23, 2022
NotKnown:
Okay na.

If this is the new note then it's really a big joke in this country.

These guys just went to give the notes new color and added bolder Arabic writing on it, that's all.

No change in texture, no change in size or dimensions, no change in images etc.

Well, they just made the printer richer.

Anyway, the joke is on those who hoarded money.

i though the wheel potter woman was on 200 naira before
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by tsdarkside(m): 11:46am On Nov 23, 2022
thunda fire una dollar love....
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Fremantle: 11:47am On Nov 23, 2022
From what I'm seeing in comparison, I think the N200 took the present N500 Note's colour and vice-versa.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by cayorday89(m): 11:47am On Nov 23, 2022
Snapchat filter inspired change... Put under the snapchat camera, select appropriate filter, snap and print... A money saving move rather than entirely redesigning new ones.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by tsdarkside(m): 11:47am On Nov 23, 2022
this is naija....!!
thunda fire dollars....!!
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Acidosis(m): 11:49am On Nov 23, 2022
Incredible128:
The notes now look like one of those worthless currencies in today's world, Venezuela's money comes to mind grin grin. Let's just hope naira doesn't devalue drastically because of this grin because, not many people would like to hold painted Abi is it bleached money grin grin; policies of this government have always turned out to be nonsense, increasing suffering; from NIN down to the Bleached NAIRA grin grin grin grin

The CBN will most likely announce a major devaluation of the Naira before the end of this year.

cool
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by LordIsaac(m): 11:50am On Nov 23, 2022
DADYLEED:
I guess you must have come 4rom ABRAKA to be a LORD ryt?
Yes sir.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by tsdarkside(m): 11:51am On Nov 23, 2022
Acidosis:

The CBN will most likely announce a major devaluation of the Naira before the end of this year.

cool

it doesnt matter....

this una dollar madness was gettin too much....
even your crypto nonesense collapsed....

billions missin....!!
naira still standin gidigba....
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by CodeTemplar: 11:52am On Nov 23, 2022
Old notes soaked in poster color.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by bonnyhope: 11:53am On Nov 23, 2022
I am trying hard to differentiate the old from new notes
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by tsdarkside(m): 11:54am On Nov 23, 2022
naira still standin without cancelin zeros like ghana....

screw that fiat money called dollars....!!
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Bobbiee: 11:54am On Nov 23, 2022
These new notes look like counterfeit currency, and it's no surprise as that's their purpose. Lots of counterfeits would be printed for the election. Bunch of crooked sods
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:54am On Nov 23, 2022
colours and dates are the only changes.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 23, 2022
When the original money looks like fake, tell me how will you identify the fake money? Was hoping for different money size, different designs but all I see is just a change of colour. That CBN governor colliding with the highest authority scamming us in broad day light. haaaaaa! when will we have a single hero?
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Timijo(m): 11:55am On Nov 23, 2022
What is the economic value of these new notes? If this does not improve the value of the naira, it is a colossal waste of resources.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by kingmsookwagh(m): 11:55am On Nov 23, 2022
So, they just wasted our time because of colour...
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by NigeriaIsGreat: 11:55am On Nov 23, 2022
Buddha3:

Motherfvcker, if you ever quote me to reference my family in any discourse, I will find you and make certain you reap the consequences.

Take your unfortunate mindset elsewhere!
shut Your miserable life up you nitwits

Why don't you move to any ECOWAS country of your choice, I believe it is visa free entry

Animal
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Memeni(m): 11:56am On Nov 23, 2022
Is that not Arabic I'm seeing on the naira notes?
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by tsdarkside(m): 11:56am On Nov 23, 2022
1 USD = 443.048 NGN

Nov 23, 2022, 10:54 UTC
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Acidosis(m): 11:57am On Nov 23, 2022
tsdarkside:

it doesnt matter....

this una dollar madness was gettin too much....
even your crypto nonesense collapsed....

billions missin....!!
naira still standin gidigba....

You're going nuts.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by DennisEche(m): 11:57am On Nov 23, 2022
Rubbish design for the huge sum of 250 billion. Emefiele is a big condude pipe
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by tsdarkside(m): 11:58am On Nov 23, 2022
Acidosis:

You're going nuts.

western nations will collapse wheather you like it or not....

dollars is backed by nothing but promise....
more and more nations are moving away from it...
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by porka: 11:59am On Nov 23, 2022
Na wa o.

No money to pay for bright colors again.

They couldn't afford materials to print naira notes; they have to downgrade the colors.

Very serious things going on in our country.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Soleymania(m): 12:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
But come to think of it.. Do u know our currencies has Arabic inscription likewise the motto of the army ?
NotKnown:
Okay na.

If this is the new note then it's really a big joke in this country.

These guys just went to give the notes new color and added bolder Arabic writing on it, that's all.

No change in texture, no change in size or dimensions, no change in images etc.

Well, they just made the printer richer.

Anyway, the joke is on those who hoarded money.

Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by tofolo(m): 12:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pickmycall:
Is there any difference?
colour...

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by tsdarkside(m): 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2022
nice....
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Acidosis(m): 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2022
tsdarkside:

western nations will collapse wheather you like it or not....

dollars is backed by nothing but promise....
more and more nations are moving away from it...

Yes. Western nations are moving away from dollars, they're adopting Naira.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business / Burj Khalifa: Tony Elumelu Poses In Front Of The Tallest Building In The World / Some Effect Of Cashless Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.