Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,492 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) (60332 Views)

Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender / New Naira Notes Unveiled By President Buhari, What Do You Think - Tolu Olulana / CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by ojex004: 12:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
Children's of hate from Afghaneaster must find fault. Nothing person do that is okay to them.
I wonder if they have touch the new note , if it is form of nylon or still paper.
Personally i want it to be nylon design , person wey hold the old note for hand or pocket and he/ she was drench by rain will know that paper design not cool for our highest denominations.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Paretomaster1(m): 12:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pickmycall:
Is there any difference?

Keep your old money till after the expiring date.... You will know the difference...

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by adesina83w: 12:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
Una well doneUna well done...
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Grandmeister(m): 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
OchuOfTheNorth:
The change is not bad... The colors on the old notes made it very expensive to print making some currencies a lot less than it's production value.. this is not bad at all. If u look at the dollar or pound they are not as colorful as the naira and cost a lot less to produce
That's it. They reduced the colours to cut cost which is good. I don't have any qualms with the design, I just want the currency to have more value that's all.

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Grandmeister(m): 12:50pm On Nov 23, 2022
Grgton:
While this will make sense to a whole lot of people

It remains a total waste of time and resources

Nonsense
Not totally. They maintained the original design but reduced the colours. Making it cheaper to print. Not a bad idea if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by oneMalik: 12:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
no be the same money be this ?

I never understand o !
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Sammy5413(m): 12:58pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lol Snapchat filtered Naira unveiled.
Elon Musk pls do fast and buy Snapchat so you remove the filters, our country is already a victim
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by AlphaTaikun: 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2022
politicoNG:

https://twitter.com/thesunnigeria/status/1595352680175894528?t=Kmdizw8c8rn8jhQaoyA4qw&s=19
The new N200 and N500 note colors look EXACTLY like the old N10 and N20 we used back in Nigeria in the 1980s.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
Grandmeister:

Not totally. They maintained the original design but reduced the colours. Making it cheaper to print. Not a bad idea if you ask me.
cheaper to print?? Okay I guess there will be positive impact going forward
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Grandmeister(m): 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2022
Grgton:
cheaper to print?? Okay I guess there will be positive impact going forward

Yes less colours means less cost.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by cuffee: 1:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
Alusiizizi:
You people criticizing don't know the purpose of this re-design. It's not to win any design contests but to check criminality which as far such is it's purpose is accomplished by this rather minor change in currency design.
why not refurbish the note and make it acceptable
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by LaJoe2: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
If i talk now, they will say i'm Anti-APC, but this thing looks like a counterfeit of the old currency design.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by ufotunang: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pickmycall:
Is there any difference?
...they just painted the notes...no difference...no redesigning here...they are looking for money to loot

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Lukuluku69(m): 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
gypsey:
Cost billions, ruin businesses? Yes! Cost lives? No! It is only money how will it cost lives?

Bro, if only you know the effort people will put in to get their Cash into the system before the Deadline set for the exchange.

I used to work in a Bank and in the Operations Dept. Rose to Head a Region. Forget this Cashless thing. It only works down South to an extent. There are Legitimate Business people who never trust the Banks and sort of keep their Monies at Home.

CBN says Banks should work Saturdays too to get people move in these Cash. Have you thought about Robberies too? On the Bank premises and ordinary folks on their way to the Banks? They will be targeted and robbed. The Robbers won't be asking nicely!

And I was about 12-13 years when the Buhari change/redesigned the last time. It costs lives too.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Lukuluku69(m): 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2022
Paretomaster1:

Keep your old money till after the expiring date.... You will know the difference...

Lol
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by preciousele(f): 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2022
Is it the new naira notes? What should we call all these for crying out loud. What are these so called leaders turning this nation in2.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Emman08: 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
How much was spent in this 'redesign'? Asking for a friend
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by altteemy: 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
bennybuhari:
If this is the new note, then it is just waste of efforts and resources. What a joke

On the contrary, they actually saved costs of cutting or designing a new look.

They simply switched the colors with new ones meaning the cost of production remains the same while at the same time using the law to make these ones legal tender and the older ones obsolete.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by yongg: 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
Yes, it is not the best looking aesthetic currency note out there, however, I think this is could turn out to be a really strategic good move on the part of the CBN, potentially, if they have good follow up plans to back the resets and strategic pauses that will be available to them.

For one ransom payments accumulated will pass through KYC or recaptured else the value will be lost. When capture, if they setup in due process procedures to question large suspicious deposit, stolen value like those from kidnapping, banditry and ransome payments will be recovered.

When the above recovery happens, the artificial inflation will reduce because value will return back to circulation, HOWEVER because the losers here will be largely criminals, you can sure a hell expect a spike in kidnapping and other crime in an attempt to recompensate for what the CBN would have recovered but IF there is a well systemized (systemized not political) plan in place it buy the government time to start the fight against the prevalent crimes afresh (the reset), if they don't put up a good front against these crime that will spike the benefit will be temporary as all the indices will return to their abysmal states gradually.

There's also the added benefit of pausing potential vote buyers in their tracks or at least make it difficult for the bribing to happen as this was timed just before the incoming elections.

Whichever government coming in, if they have good program, will have the opportunity to start a new round of fight against crime with mitigated loss of the previous regime. This only works if the plan's is good else the new regime will be bedeviled with crimes success rates as that of the previous regime.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2022
Grandmeister:

Yes less colours means less cost.
haha okay thanks
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Majid1990(m): 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
Is that 10 naira or 200 naira
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Mosminic(m): 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2022
siofra:
So, Mr. Buhari, what is this undecided

There isn't much difference.

I will just dye my one thousand naira note blue undecided

And the date?
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by akbonus: 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
so nobody is asking why must there be an arabic writing on the notes?what nonsense is all this self?these people want to force everything on the rest of us,i just tire,separate this thing called nigeria them say no. this country is not an Islamic nation and it can never be,whether they like it or not>
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by meobizy(f): 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
We’re being trolled. This can’t be real.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Elidrisy20: 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2022
Tragedy
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by COMPAQ(m): 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by harmargedon: 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2022
Ventura1:
That's human fundamentals, that old ones are always better, but that isn't true.
so 2004 Camry model looks better than 2022 model. The government is targeting those who have involved themselves in money laundering and nothing more.
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by philipobiz: 2:34pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pickmycall:
Is there any difference?
I can't differentiate. Or is the camera having colour problem

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by Knows12(m): 2:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
Nobodysboo:
colour
2color printing I guessed
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by oxiide22(m): 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2022
iLegendd:
Excess color saturation.
Totolegendd make I see 5k make I drop troll
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by rabzy: 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2022
Re: New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) by KennethEnyi(m): 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2022
Stupid new naira note
Same design
Same useless value
Same useless country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business / Burj Khalifa: Tony Elumelu Poses In Front Of The Tallest Building In The World / Some Effect Of Cashless Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.