Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,349 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell (79840 Views)

He Is Tired Of Canada And Wants To Come Back To Nigeria / Price Of Canada Ticket From Nigeria / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by paradigmshift(m): 9:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
Nigeria sweet if you get money Sha...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by tunapawizzy: 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2022
Sorry
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

You still don't get it. And stop drifting away from reality. Even Buhari will likely die if he should have a heart attack! Can the National Hospital handle it? No!

Mr. Osinbajo had a surgery in a private clinic in Lagos and it was celebrated. Shame!

Go and read my first comment and digest properly, this time, slowly!

And no, I'm not glorifying the developed nations, it's just the reality.

You have time to be explaining yourself to that guy aka mr worldwide traveler

Na just understanding he needs..
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by JohnOkolo: 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
Aareona:
Earlier this year, I went back in time to few years back when I was doing so well in Nigeria. The noises from friends and all nurtured the decision to move abroad inside of me. I became so restless till I finally leave. The first day in Canada was the day I knew this place isn't where I can be forever. Most of us would have come back before the time we had in mind except for the fact that I don't still have enough. If I want to travel to naija for vacation now, I will need up to $4k. If I take that away from my savings, I don't know how I can recover.

No one tells about the downside of this place. I feel lonely, depressed and empty most times. Because no one to talk to, just everyone in my workplace goin about their business. If I make attempt to talk to them, they just waive it with a smile. It's been 3years here and the people I still talk to on video call are friends from Nigeria. It's been 3years and my savings is still Short of $20k despite how much my friends in Nigeria do tell me how easy it is for me to make money abroad but I never tell them my situation. I can't wait to make enough and leave Canada for good. I know a lot will come at me with the usuall "come back to Nigeria na", please this is not an attempt to denigrate your abroad heaven, just for me to rant out and be fine

Well said and thanks for your honest opinion on the topic flr Japagerians

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Terry44: 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
Come back make another person go.
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Sweetvie: 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pele
Come back home... I think you just miss Nigeria and the vibe there. Just make sure u get a PR or citizenship b4 you come back incase Nigeria is not what it was b4 you left.

Maybe you didn't school there
You'd av get more friends through that smiley

3 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by jumper524(m): 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
This referee that ended match 89min during nation cup na him fifa see to select from Africa amongst our referees.
How things sef dey sup for this word dey give me doubts sef.
Men with questionable attitudes picked for matches.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Ameoba300: 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
Dear Op,

You made a very salient point though. But I'll advise you get a gf, wife or move into a shared apartment. Or you can start blogging and vlogging just to beat the loneliness.

Also try to learn to enjoy your own company — I have heard how lonely Europe can be. My friend in Finland, after awhile almost lost her mind — she was later placed on therapy. Nigeria is a really interesting place to be, as you can just meet a total stranger on the way, strike a conversation and friendship don start.... Apart from Africans, I don't think the rest of the world is as communal as we are.

As regards your financials — I'm no advisor but I think there's no right time in life, every moment is right to start. If what you are currently doing isn't favourable, recaliberate your attention and focus on other profitable things.

Wishing you Godspeed.

20 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by maasoap(m): 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:
Yes, it might be lonely but however, you seem not to know what you want.

If you're in Nigeria, there are only few businesses you can do that will generate steady and good revenue for you but what about the quality of life and other basic things?

And as you're in Canada, there are things you definitely will benefit that those living in Banana Island can never benefit with their billions.

Everything in life has sacrifice and focus. Know what you want! This loneliness bla bla bla is stale. It's no more news. Stop the comparison and focus on positive things.

Exaggeration! With plenty money, you can provide yourself with everything you need in this country.

6 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by victorVIC1(m): 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
I felt so frustrated this evening after joining a long queue at the filling station for more than 3 hours without still getting fuel. Nigeria is at a far worse state than it was before you left for Canada 3 years ago....The point is no system is perfect. However, I would rather opt for loneliness than the insanity that is currently prevalent in Nigeria.

BTW, the loneliness will reduce when you get married.

12 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Benwems(m): 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
Aareona:
Earlier this year, I went back in time to few years back when I was doing so well in Nigeria. The noises from friends and all nurtured the decision to move abroad inside of me. I became so restless till I finally leave. The first day in Canada was the day I knew this place isn't where I can be forever. Most of us would have come back before the time we had in mind except for the fact that I don't still have enough. If I want to travel to naija for vacation now, I will need up to $4k. If I take that away from my savings, I don't know how I can recover.

No one tells about the downside of this place. I feel lonely, depressed and empty most times. Because no one to talk to, just everyone in my workplace goin about their business. If I make attempt to talk to them, they just waive it with a smile. It's been 3years here and the people I still talk to on video call are friends from Nigeria. It's been 3years and my savings is still Short of $20k despite how much my friends in Nigeria do tell me how easy it is for me to make money abroad but I never tell them my situation. I can't wait to make enough and leave Canada for good. I know a lot will come at me with the usuall "come back to Nigeria na", please this is not an attempt to denigrate your abroad heaven, just for me to rant out and be fine

Why not move to Ontario where there are many Nigerians. Why don’t you go to any winners church to network with Nigerians @ontario.

3 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by maasoap(m): 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
Ameoba300:
Dear Op,

You made a very salient point though. But I'll advise you get a gf, wife or move into a shared apartment. Or you can start blogging and vlogging just to beat the loneliness.

Also try to learn to enjoy your own company — I have heard how lonely Europe can be. My friend in Finland, after awhile almost lost her mind — she was later placed on therapy. Nigeria is a really interesting place to be, as you can just meet a total stranger on the way, strike a conversation and friendship don start.... Except Africans, the rest part of the world isn't as communal as we are.

As regards your financials — I'm no advisor but I think there's no right time in life, every moment is right to start. If what you are currently doing isn't favourable, recaliberate your attention and focus on other profitable things.

Wishing you Godspeed.

Really? This is serious!
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

And should I bring out the number of Nigerians that die in hospitals here? Or the ones that died in trado-medical homes? Or the undocumented ones in mushroom health facilities? Or the ones that died before getting to the clinic due to bad roads, no fuel or the ones that died at the clinic hours or minutes after they got their because they were unattended to?
..no doubt their health system is better than ours...can you afford to give 25% of your monthly salary as payment for compulsory health insurance every month ? ..weda you use hospital that month or not

You think God made Canada so ? People pay through their nose to make their country work, a thing most of you Nigerians cannot sacrifice to have a working system....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by wman(m): 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

As I've said also, he lacks focus. He's the type that wants it all, which is not possible. He clearly don't know what he want. 3 years and you saved less than $20k. Nobody knows his job or living habit and he can't use his own life to judge things. Some save more than that while some don't. This life, you sleep on what you lay.

This is a funny thing to write. Someone saved close to $20k and you are mocking him? Most Americans have no savings. Plus, he must have been paying black tax too and fending for his relatives in Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Shezzman: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
Savage..lol
Bksense:

What will people in Canada benefit that those in banana island won't? Thing is most of you have never really enter a plane before. That's your issue

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

You still don't get it. And stop drifting away from reality. Even Buhari will likely die if he should have a heart attack! Can the National Hospital handle it? No!

Mr. Osinbajo had a surgery in a private clinic in Lagos and it was celebrated. Shame!

Go and read my first comment and digest properly, this time, slowly!

And no, I'm not glorifying the developed nations, it's just the reality.
This one you're saying someone will die of heart attack. Do you know they carry out kidney transplant in Nigeria? Not to now talk of common cardiac arrest.
Just cause our elites have become addicted to foreign hospitals does not mean there are no good hospitals in Nigeria.
This is just like claiming pizza is better than akara
Wossai!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by ngBuild: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
MufasaLion:

No, he doesn't.
Maybe you skipped this part

can't wait to make enough and leave Canada for good

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by gaby(m): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
@Gaby and MufasaLion

You guys are really thinking like modern day slaves.

It's not today Africans started going abroad.

The first set left hundreds of years ago and some of them returned of their own accord.

I have former colleagues abroad now and most of them are regretting leaving their jobs here for abroad.

Unfortunately, it's too late to make a reversal. A lot has been committed already.

Trash.

3 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by ayandee: 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
Canada can be very lonely. Steps to avoid loneliness:
1. Come with your partner or get married after landing. Marriage must be in your plans
2. Join oyinbo church and be active there. Join the choir and stay back after church for small talks.
3. Live in Nigerian dominated areas if you like to make naija friends. You will be invited to all their owambes
4. Encourage your siblings, cousins, nephews, friends to come either by way of study or PR.
I know people here who have so surrounded themselves with immediate and extended families that they conduct wedding for their children without needing to go to naija for the cérémony. I was really impressed. Colourful Aso-ebi and gele, amala-on-spot at the wedding. All within this Canada.

You have to décide to make Canada your home.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Ameoba300: 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
maasoap:

Really? This is serious!

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by osazsky(m): 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
3 years u don save 14m naira u dey complain..the salary of a proffessor is 300 dollars in days...thate 10 dollar per day..mumu come house na..when coming bring white nepa..white hospital..white university.white police station...cuz if u dont u wont survive it and white fuel u cant afford nig fuel

7 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by scaryblake: 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
One thing is if u are doing well in Nigeria u should not just go away but like u said the Canada life is my kind of life most I don’t have friends always in my apartment 2-4 as long as there is enough food internet computer I can stay all by myself but ur savings is poor though I heard their tax system is very high only thing I would not like is the cold

3 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by bayelsaowei(m): 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:

What will people in Canada benefit that those in banana island won't? Thing is most of you have never really enter a plane before. That's your issue
good roads..security..constant power supply..clean environment... less traffic. Sane government..etc..

5 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by SIRTee15: 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:

Okay thank. Again, I attribute this to ignorance. Maybe if you get to know some of us have been to these countries y'all glorify, it'll make a little difference

This is not about abroad country, this is knowing the Nigerian emergency service is shitty. U don't need to live abroad to know that. Stop painting what is not.

5 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Faposky95: 9:50pm On Nov 23, 2022
It's a cake...
Yours
Can't eat it and have it.....
There's places here that will bore the living day light out of your soul
Part of why here's interesting is cos we got millions of Misfits........
So it's like a comedy train, only, it keeps going round and you know it'll derail...
And you're still alive witnessing it

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Benwems(m): 9:50pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bksense:

I work with an international organization in Nigeria. Left Canada few years back. And I will tell you now that while healthcare isn't really strong in Nigeria, you can have access to doctors, nurses and health centre easily more than you can in Canada. It's also cheap. Some people prefer to fly home for surgery because of the expense.

I'm also currently in Canada for a conference. Need I tell you I can't even wait to leave already by next week.

You don’t know what you are saying. Canada runs universal healthcare. Health is free in Canada

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by vickydevoka(m): 9:50pm On Nov 23, 2022
sisisioge:
Hmmmm....one of the mistakes I have observed in Nigerians living abroad is living alone. Life is too sedentary in Canada for that. Better find yourself a partner and start sharing your world before you start seeing things. No be ordinary reason make most people doing the Canada runs do it with a partner. The winter is enough to make singles depressed fa....it is well.

Not just partner. Someone with good character

3 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Uniquekriss(m): 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
I guess your short of 20k dollars should be up to 8million naira now, keep grinding, try and hangout more, there are so many Nigerians in Canada who are making it.

3 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by MufasaLion: 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
maasoap:

Exaggeration! With plenty money, you can provide yourself with everything you need in this country.

Poverty mentality. Did that money save Abba Kyari or the Ekiti Speaker that died?

Ignorant folks like you think everything can be gotten with money. Can you go to Ibadan without fear during the day, not even at night. Even if you have maximum security, you will still go to your church to do vigil because of it.

Apostle Suleiman the IndecentStar, was attacked even with the security in Edo! Think!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by mvem(m): 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
faithfull18:
Let's trade places grin. You will be fine.

In this life, knowing what you want, why you want it, is very essential. One has to live above the noise and know why you are doing what you are doing.

But OP, some people are enjoying this abroad you are complaining about, such is life. What works for one may not work for the other.

What am I saying sef, long story short, know what you want, why you want it and why you are doing what you are doing, avoid the crowd mentality or the 'everybody is doing it' thingy.
You know that the expectation going abroad is great that when you go and see it is not that rosy, you can't project it to your people down home

Why?

Because the expectation is high and no one will ever agree that you are having it tough. So most times what you see people enjoying and all that is them trying to project something to you down home. It's very tough in western world. You have all the basics like water,light, welfare etc and you can make some money and send home

But what many can't understand is lifestyle is totally different. I can relate to him not being able to talk to anyone. They are very independent here and lack community life. That's why they don't play with mental health. The whole system fu*ks up some individual head. Also hardship is of another form that you can't relate until you see it. The normal hardship will relate to is being not able to eat well, having no basic amenities etc. But in the western world they do have it but in another form not what you can relate to

This is in no way to discourag your pursuit of the greener pastures but sometimes it is good to have a better context of all these so that you won't come and start writing epistle like the OP or me...it is a different world out here but still pursue your dreams and know that you can never replace home

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Tourists Worldwide Flock To See This Strange Ice Volcano In Kazakhstan (Photos) / How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) / Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.