Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US (6913 Views)

Hurricane Fayose!! / Lagos: Ripples Of Hurricane Sandy May Hit – Commissioner / Photos: Hurricane Irene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by pslm23(f): 11:58pm On Aug 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Living large, I see grin

How close is NJ to NY? Is the beach house really that safe?

This is actually the first time I'm going to witness a hurricane up the East coast,  

Not living large at all.  grin We (hubby and I) worked real hard and saved to get that place 10 months ago.  We have not even really enjoyed it and this hurricane just wants to spoil things  angry We've boarded up  windows and doors just like everybody else and we hope for the best.
This is also my first hurricane experience and so was the earthquake of Tuesday or Wednesday. I pray God sees us through.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
manny4life:

Me? feeling like? Like what exactly? Anyway, it doesn't hurt to feel different?

I'd also like to know.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 27, 2011
pslm23:

Not living large at all.  grin We (hubby and I) worked real hard and saved to get that place 10 months ago.  We have not even really enjoyed it and this hurricane just wants to spoil things  angry We've boarded up  windows and doors just like everybody else and we hope for the best.
This is also my first hurricane experience and so was the earthquake of Tuesday or Wednesday. I pray God sees us through.

You'll be fine. I go thru them every other year grin
The worst it can do is blow down the whole house.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 12:02am On Aug 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I'd also like to know.

Well you made the sentence; "I was feeling like something", I said feeling like what exactly? You're the same person saying you like to know? Know what? You need to excellently reason with me and complete your sentence; what I'm feeling like.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

Well you made the sentence; "I was feeling like something", I said feeling like what exactly? You're the same person saying you like to know? Know what? You need to excellently reason with me and complete your sentence; what I'm feeling like.
Ileke-IdI:

^^ what are you feeling like? egbami!
Plz dont let my excellent reasoning ability scare you, I can always get down to your level if need be.

It was a question. Read it carefully this time:

What are you feeling like?
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Sunofgod(m): 12:03am On Aug 27, 2011
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 12:04am On Aug 27, 2011
tpia@:

no doubt.

that's why there arent so many of them.

the nature ones are good though.

Yeah I guess and if I was a producer, it won't even get on my list of future movies. I like fierce animal activity, not Shamu the trainer killer.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by pslm23(f): 12:04am On Aug 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You'll be fine. I go thru them every other year grin
The worst it can do is blow down the whole house.

shocked shocked shocked ah! No abeg oh!, blow down which house? mmba! God forbid!

but sha, these American homes are so flimsy. In Naija when we build we use correct cement and block but here it's plywood and shingles. no wonder small wind usually wrecks havoc on most homes.

Anyway sha, to everybody on the East Coast, stay safe and don't try to be no hero. Stay inside!
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 12:05am On Aug 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

It was a question. Read it carefully this time:

What are you feeling like?

Again get the response again

Me? feeling like? Like what exactly? Anyway, it doesn't hurt to feel different.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

Again get the response again

Me? feeling like? Like what exactly? Anyway, it doesn't hurt to feel different.

I'd also like to know.

pslm23:

shocked shocked shocked ah! No abeg oh!, blow down which house? mmba! God forbid!

but sha, these American homes are so flimsy. In Naija when we build we use correct cement and block but here it's plywood and shingles. no wonder small wind usually wrecks havoc on most homes.

Anyway sha, to everybody on the East Coast, stay safe and don't try to be no hero. Stay inside!

grin grin grin Does FEMA still exist?

Lol are we even sure na wood? Maybe crunched up chalk made into a paste.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 12:07am On Aug 27, 2011
pslm23:

shocked shocked shocked ah! No abeg oh!,  blow down which house? mmba! God forbid!

Thank you , later Madam Ileke will ask me why my apartment can't stand earthquake. I guess some questions don't require and answer, go figure.

And you too stay safe as well and good luck. We'll reconvene next week to share testimonies,
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 12:08am On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

Yeah I guess and if I was a producer, it won't even get on my list of future movies. I like fierce animal activity, not Shamu the trainer killer.

i think free willy was good, going by the reviews, but i never watched it yet.

i could be wrong though about the movie.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by pslm23(f): 12:09am On Aug 27, 2011
Will y'all stop bickering and fighting over nonsensical nonsense!  angry Haba! all this name calling is terrible. this thread is about the hurricane and Nigerians living in its path, where the name calling and bashing comes from only God knows.

you don't know if the person u r abusing will survive this storm so please, everybody grow up and stop the insults. Just like we were all worried when the flood hit Lagos, we all should be worried about this storm. We saw what Katrina did to New Orleans and Louisiana, we should not for one moment think that such cannot happen in the  East Coast.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

Thank you , later Madam Ileke will ask me why my apartment can't stand earthquake. I guess some questions don't require and answer, go figure.

And you too stay safe as well and good luck. We'll reconvene next week to share testimonies,

Dude, I was logically telling you that if your appt cannot withstand that mere earthquake, it's not going to withstand a hurricane.

Yes, report back next week. . . . take pictures too.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 12:10am On Aug 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I'd also like to know.

grin grin grin  Does FEMA still exist?

Lol are we even sure na wood? Maybe crunched up chalk made into a paste.

Ok, go figure then,

Yes FEMA exist, located in downtown DC in L'Enfant Plaza
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by premechaz: 12:10am On Aug 27, 2011
pslm23:

shocked shocked shocked ah! No abeg oh!,  blow down which house? mmba! God forbid!

Akata wanna be?

Goodluck with the hurricane.  We can go to AC afterwards? How is this Sunday looking for you?
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 27, 2011
pslm23:

Will y'all stop bickering and fighting over nonsensical nonsense!  angry Haba! all this name calling is terrible. this thread is about the hurricane and Nigerians living in its path, where the name calling and bashing comes from only God knows.

you don't know if the person u r abusing will survive this storm so please, everybody grow up and stop the insults. Just like we were all worried when the flood hit Lagos, we all should be worried about this storm. We saw what Katrina did to New Orleans and Louisiana, we should not for one moment think that such cannot happen in the  East Coast.

Dude is trying to get the last word, dont mind him jare.

BTW, I'm not insulting him nau.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 12:11am On Aug 27, 2011
hope insurance will cover any property damage?
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 12:12am On Aug 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Dude, I was logically telling you that if your appt cannot withstand that mere earthquake, it's not going to withstand a hurricane.

Yes, report back next week. . . . take pictures too.

Although your logic was a lil flawed, thanks for the logic. Just because I have cracks on the dry wood doesn't mean it did not withstand the force of nature. Every house built has a stress measure put on it, same dry wood used in my apt is same wood used in building other homes as well, and yeah it will definitely withstand Hurricane.

Yeah I will come back and no need for pictures
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 12:13am On Aug 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Dude is trying to get the last word, dont mind him jare.

BTW, I'm not insulting him nau.

Me? trying to get the last word? please
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 12:13am On Aug 27, 2011
pslm23:

katrina was worse because the levees broke though.

is there any such system up north because i've never heard of such.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

Ok, go figure then,

Yes FEMA exist, located in downtown DC in L'Enfant Plaza

Oh really.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

Me? trying to get the last word? please

Stop begging me dude. Whatever it is, I can't give you grin
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 12:14am On Aug 27, 2011
pslm23:

We are not fighting oh, neither are we insulting ourselves, Ilke knows how we have tread on each other, this is more of a hurricane relief effort talk nothing else.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

Although your logic was a lil flawed, thanks for the logic. Just because I have cracks on the dry wood doesn't mean it did not withstand the force of nature. Every house built has a stress measure put on it, same dry wood used in my apt is same wood used in building other homes as well, and yeah it will definitely withstand Hurricane.

Yeah I will come back and no need for pictures  

My logic is perfectly flawless. I guess we both have our opinions. How big are the cracks? And if your appt cannot withstand that earthquake stress, it cannot withstand that of a hurricane.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

We are not fighting oh, neither are we insulting ourselves, Ilke knows how we have tread on each other, this is more of a hurricane relief effort talk nothing else.

I dont know anything about any treading. What are you talking about?
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 12:17am On Aug 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Oh really.

Yes really, unless you're Madam Kobo who knows it all, FEMA is located @ l'enfant plaza, right where the Smithsonian Complex are as well as USDA et al. If I don't know, I won't tell you.

Ileke-IdI:

Stop begging me dude. Whatever it is, I can't give you grin

Begging you, it's called courtesy, you can't give me anything ok, so stop trying to make it look like you can give something hwen you can't
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 12:19am On Aug 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

My logic is perfectly flawless. I guess we both have our opinions. How big are the cracks? And if your appt cannot withstand that earthquake stress, it cannot withstand that of a hurricane.

Madam construction engineer, structural engineer, flawless indeed, you're right we have our opinions , and yes my apt will survive the hurricane, case closed, Cracks are big but not life threatening.

Ileke-IdI:

I dont know anything about any treading. What are you talking about?

You don't know what or when someone treads on you? Perhaps my English is flawed, maybe I need to withdraw and rephrase, lol
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by pslm23(f): 12:20am On Aug 27, 2011
premechaz:

Akata wanna be?

Goodluck with the hurricane.  [b]We can go to AC afterwards? How is this Sunday looking for yo[/b]u?

*hissing and shaking my head*  angry
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 12:21am On Aug 27, 2011
tpia@:

i think free willy was good, going by the reviews, but i never watched it yet.

i could be wrong though about the movie.

I haven't really seen it though, so I cannot say for sure, they have it on Netflix?
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

Madam construction engineer, structural engineer, flawless indeed, you're right we have our opinions , and yes my apt will survive the hurricane, case closed, Cracks are big but not life threatening

Who said the cracks were the life threaten-er you need to worry about?

manny4life:

Yes really, unless you're Madam Kobo who knows it all, FEMA is located @ l'enfant plaza, right where the Smithsonian Complex are as well as USDA et al. If I don't know, I won't tell you.

Begging you, it's called courtesy, you can't give me anything ok, so stop trying to make it look like you can give something hwen you can't

Yes Madam Kobo knows everything. And no, I am not her.

Courtesy? Let it be just that. Since you're saying "please", make sure to say "thank you" too.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 12:24am On Aug 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Who said the cracks were the life threaten-er you need to worry about?

Yes Madam Kobo knows everything. And no, I am not her.

Courtesy? Let it be just that. Since you're saying "please", make sure to say "thank you" too.

Good, so now u know cracks are minor damage and not life threatening and least worried about, I never told you I was worried about anything

Say thank you? Hmmm, you give someone an inch, they want a mile,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where Is Colonel Omenka Of DMI? / Dialogue With Boko Haram Amount To “abysmal Appeasement.” – Soyinka / When Is Buhari Leaving For Donald J Trump Inauguration ?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.