Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:56 AM

Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US (6993 Views)

Hurricane Fayose!! / Lagos: Ripples Of Hurricane Sandy May Hit – Commissioner / Photos: Hurricane Irene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2011
How is everyone doing, did they survive the rain / wind? Although it sure wasn't that bad like they predicted but it's something to thank God for. My exterior damages include my sliding glass and window that was cracked / damaged due to flying debris, power line for my complex was down (thanks to Dominion Power, very efficient company unlike Pepco, my power will be restored by 4pm today). As for the trees and it's branches littered everywhere, my bldg management is on top of it right now. Thanks to city emergency management officials, they were proactive.

@Ileke, I had slight damage, so when I said it my bldg will withstand the Hurricane, I did not like.

buzugee:

like Tpia said, 'one heck of a place' means it sounds like a mighty fine and interesting place to be. you never heard that phrase before Bros ? 'thats one heck of a meal' etc etc

Brother, forgive my ignorance; if I did not know, I won't ask. Besides, the term "heck" somewhat implied otherwise but thanks.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by armyofone(m): 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2011
wow, looking like nothing happened kai, sunny and beaurriful and cars all over the place, oyinbo na winch o
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by okadaman2: 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2011
Shey the rain don fall finish?

All praise to Yemoja
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2011
manny4life:

How is everyone doing, did they survive the rain / wind? Although it sure wasn't that bad like they predicted but it's something to thank God for. My exterior damages include my sliding glass and window that was cracked / damaged due to flying debris, power line for my complex was down (thanks to Dominion Power, very efficient company unlike Pepco, my power will be restored by 4pm today). As for the trees and it's branches littered everywhere, my bldg management is on top of it right now. Thanks to city emergency management officials, they were proactive.

@Ileke, I had slight damage, so when I said it my bldg will withstand the Hurricane, I did not like.

Brother, forgive my ignorance; if I did not know, I won't ask. Besides, the term "heck" somewhat implied otherwise but thanks.

Where's the pix to prove that your appt is still standing?

@all my NYers

Glad we didnt lose y'all.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 6:08am On Aug 29, 2011
hope that's the worst hurricane this season and 2012 wont be another year of intense climatic activity.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 16, 2012
Hurricane season coming. . . . . Hope the economy won't prevent tight secure measures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Adebayo Son Of Adebayo Salami Aka Oga Bello Quits Acting For Politics / Enugu May Lose Power Ministry / APC Sweeps Sokoto Local Government Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.