Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US (6919 Views)

Hurricane Fayose!! / Lagos: Ripples Of Hurricane Sandy May Hit – Commissioner / Photos: Hurricane Irene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by buzugee(m): 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2011
okada_man:

The rain never fall?
lol @ rain
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by buzugee(m): 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2011
SEFAGO:

Nah not so fast, you were talking to me. Yeah I agree with you
bros wetin you chop remain
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by okadaman2: 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2011
Children, Do Not Be Afraid, Yemoja is in control.

Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by SEFAGO(m): 7:21pm On Aug 27, 2011
OmoLisabi:

Where have you been all this while? long time

Busy, even now lol. I dont know if this is Fstranger sef or what- man u shuld stick to one name I am kind of getting confused  grin

buzugee:

bros wetin you chop remain

Just greeting Tp. I dont know why she is ignoring me, no be fight now  undecided. I always thought we had a good relationship going on, some  tiny scraps and what not, but nothing too serious.

Anyways bros u dey for US and you never visited DMV area. You don miss full of Nigerians everywhere like mosquitoes. Sometimes some places feel like lagos.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 7:26pm On Aug 27, 2011
buzugee:

thanks for the enlightenment Tpia. sounds like there are tonnes of naija in the DMV area. when you say people stay in their own lane, you mean like races and cultures stick to themselves and chin everyone else ? cultural segregation, i am assuming.

in a way i suppose.

i didnt really pay much attention to such things since i tend to mix indiscriminately on occasion, but i guess you could be right.

but come to think of it there might have been less interaction than in the maryland area.

not really sure.

then again, arabs generally like mixing more with themselves. Even the black arabs are more at home with other arabs of any colour, than blacks from other parts of the world and especially africa.

my opinion.

i think they're just not so comfortable with other races.

as per the whites in virginia- well virginia is known as the old country or old dominion so that says it all.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by SEFAGO(m): 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2011
tpia@:

in a way i suppose.

i didnt really pay much attention to such things since i tend to mix indiscriminately on occasion, but i guess you could be right.

but come to think of it there might have been less interaction than in the maryland area.

not really sure.

then again, arabs generally like mixing more with themselves. Even the black arabs are more at home with other arabs of any colour, than blacks from other parts of the world and especially africa.

my opinion.

as per the whites in virginia- well virginia is known as the old country or old dominion so that says it all.

Abeg answer me now, I go kill myself finish ooo grin
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2011
SEFAGO:

Abeg answer me now, I go kill myself finish ooo grin

LOL grin grin grin

You dey hold yourself hostage?
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by SEFAGO(m): 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2011
Aigbofa:

LOL grin grin grin

You dey hold yourself hostage?

Yes Oo, and I promise tp that when i die I will blame hert for my death undecided

I already have the knife ready sha
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by SEFAGO(m): 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2011
So b like say this thing is gonna actually affect me sha- Is the thing going to reach the DC region??
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by armyofone(m): 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2011
Best place to live  cheesy
Tpia so right there. don't forget the team that killed Osama has their Base there.
SemperFI
support our troop.

Ebony, mo miss you gan!! common now where have you been girl?
what have you been up to, i see you conquering the political section, keep it up, we still need ya at the family section sha.
how is life in florida, igbe yawo mi might be there, not sure yet cheesy

happy eating and watching out ya all. i'm eating Atarodo Snapper stew with hot rice  cool
fresh fish good for stormy night cheesy
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 9:14pm On Aug 27, 2011
^^oh, are you in virginia?

thought you were in california, for some reason.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2011
SEFAGO:

Just greeting Tp. I dont know why she is ignoring me, no be fight now  undecided. I always thought we had a good relationship going on, some  tiny scraps and what not, but nothing too serious.

play today, fight tomorrow- abeg i dont have time for that and neither am i your age group undecided

you've abused me too many times here so kindly face north if you see me in the south.

besides, you've openly declared how much you dislike me, many times on this forum, so i have no idea what this current claim is about.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by manny4life(m): 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2011
buzugee:

thanks for the enlightenment Tpia. sounds like there are tonnes of naija in the DMV area. when you say people stay in their own lane, you mean like races and cultures stick to themselves and chin everyone else ? cultural segregation, i am assuming.

Well I couldn't agree more although I'll take caution not to talk about r****m,
buzugee:

sounds like one heck of a place.

How do u mean, sounds like one heck of a place?

okada_man:

The rain never fall?

It is gradually falling now with slight wind. According to prediction, the wind will pick speed at @ 6pm; abt 1:30hrs from now. CNN predicted that it will come with a lil twister like wind as it approaches Ocean City, MD.

armyofone:

Tpia so right there. don't forget the team that killed Osama has their Base there.
SemperFI
support our troop.

Are you in USMC?

United we stand; we support our troops.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by armyofone(m): 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2011
i'm everywhere i'm being sent to wink just everywhere mon grin
SemperFI
Happy eating grin

manny bros,
wink
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2011
you mean like races and cultures stick to themselves and chin everyone else ? cultural segregation, i am assuming.

i'd be wary about calling it r****m either since i dont really think it's a bad thing for people to feel comfortable with their own groups?

the system there works for them and that's what matters, imo.

i found virginia interesting for the most part, when i was there. Didnt pay too much attention to anything at the time.

i think he means in a good way.

you know bad is good, etc.

young people's lingo.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Roland17(m): 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2011
Its been raining alllllll day.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by premechaz: 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2011
Tpia is dead.

Thanks to Irene. May her soul be tormented as she tormented us while on earth.

Tpiah, ma jekolo ohun ti won ba nje lajule orun ni ki o ba won je

O di gbe, o di arinoko.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Nobody: 4:26am On Aug 28, 2011
armyofone:

SemperFI
support our troop.

Ebony, mo miss you gan!! common now where have you been girl?
what have you been up to, i see you conquering the political section, keep it up, we still need ya at the family section sha.
how is life in florida, igbe yawo mi might be there, not sure yet cheesy

happy eating and watching out ya all. i'm eating Atarodo Snapper stew with hot rice  cool
fresh fish good for stormy night cheesy

hmm lol. O funny gan sha.
Mo wa, bawo ni army reserve? o seun. Se Ireno o de odo e?
Shey Family secton ti oko at'aya ti n   divorce aran ni ojojumo ? "Help me, my husband" "My wife is. . . " The thing go fear person lipsrsealed
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Wallie(m): 4:52am On Aug 28, 2011
This wind and rain is crazy!!! It seems the roof will blow off any minute and the worst is yet to come!
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by premechaz: 4:59am On Aug 28, 2011
Wallie:

This wind and rain is crazy!!! It seems the roof will blow off any minute and the worst is yet to come!

That is what you get when you live in the ghetto

Get your lazy arse off the couch, get yourself a good job so you could live in the surburb like me, with White and Asian and Indian people.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Kobojunkie: 5:06am On Aug 28, 2011
roflmao!!! ;d :d ;d :d ;d
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by keeptrying: 5:19am On Aug 28, 2011
the wind and storm here in maryland is getting out of hand oo. i could not sleep now due to fear.God help us. sad
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Wallie(m): 7:16am On Aug 28, 2011
premechaz:

That is what you get when you live in the ghetto

Get your lazy arse off the couch, get yourself a good job so you could live in the surburb like me, with White and Asian and Indian people.

Just because the forum is seemingly anonymous doesn’t mean that you should be running your mouth off at strangers! You don’t know me and I sure as hell don’t know you, let’s keep it that way!
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by premechaz: 11:42am On Aug 28, 2011
Wallie:

Just because the forum is seemingly anonymous doesn’t mean that you should be running your mouth off at strangers! You don’t know me and I sure as hell don’t know you, let’s keep it that way!

From the way you write, coupled with the dilapidated state of the building you reside in, it is obvious you are un-educated, poor and most-likely live in the projects. I am just advising as a friend; if you get your lazy arse off that cheap couch of yours, and get yourself a good job, in 4-5 years, you'd be living the good life, like me, Kobojunkie, SEFAGO, Dk and other affluent & influential NL'ers.

However, there is a caveat, DONT DO DRUGS, THEY ARE BAD FOR YOU. That said, if you want to do drugs,there are rules you need to follow, the most important rule is try to never get high on your own supply.

Sincerely Yours,
"Premechaz.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by buzugee(m): 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2011
SEFAGO:

Busy, even now lol. I dont know if this is Fstranger sef or what- man u shuld stick to one name I am kind of getting confused  grin

Anyways bros u dey for US and you never visited DMV area. You don miss full of Nigerians everywhere like mosquitoes. Sometimes some places feel like lagos.
i dey for US before. i am in england now but ermm when i dey dat side the places i went to were
oshkosh-wisconsin
milwaukee-wisconsin
albany-new york
new york city
east orange-new jersey
chicago-illinois (where i lived)
dyer-indiana
indianapolis-indiana

and thats it. nothing carry me reach the DMV area at all. may check out it in the future. who knows right ?
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by buzugee(m): 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2011
tpia@:

in a way i suppose.

not really sure.

my opinion.

sounds just like chicago. apparently chicago is the most segregated city in america. neighborhoods are carved out in cultural and ethnic lines. we have ukranian village, greek town, little italy, then the area on the extreme northwest of the city from kedzie on the east and mccormick on the west and devon on the south to howard in the north is home to jews, southside is home to blacks, west side of the city west of western avenue on the northside is home to hispanics, goldcoast is home to rich white people with old money, lakeview is up and coming young white couples, lincoln park is middle aged white yuppies, rogers park around howard avenue is jamaican area, northside north of wilson and south of devon is tonnes of nigerians, albany park is mexicans, old town is middle aged white people with money, bucktown is home to hippy types etc etc etc. its ethnically divided. crazy ish lol
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by buzugee(m): 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2011
manny4life:

It is gradually falling now with slight wind. According to prediction, the wind will pick speed at @ 6pm; abt 1:30hrs from now. CNN predicted that it will come with a lil twister like wind as it approaches Ocean City, MD.

Are you in USMC?

United we stand; we support our troops.
like Tpia said, 'one heck of a place' means it sounds like a mighty fine and interesting place to be. you never heard that phrase before Bros ? 'thats one heck of a meal' etc etc
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by keeptrying: 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2011
@premechaz. You need to stop been rude and write like a matured Nlers or probably you are still a teenager
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by Wallie(m): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2011
premechaz:

From the way you write, coupled with the dilapidated state of the building you reside in, it is obvious you are un-educated, poor and most-likely live in the projects. I am just advising as a friend; if you get your lazy arse off that cheap couch of yours, and get yourself a good job, in 4-5 years, you'd be living the good life, like me, Kobojunkie, SEFAGO, Dk and other affluent & influential NL'ers.

However, there is a caveat, DONT DO DRUGS, THEY ARE BAD FOR YOU. That said, if you want to do drugs,there are rules you need to follow, the most important rule is try to never get high on your own supply.

Sincerely Yours,
"Premechaz.

Your sarcasm is designed to be funny or get a rise out of me but my sense of humor is not that warped nor am I offended – I just feel indifferent. Go troll somewhere else!
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 5:28pm On Aug 28, 2011
^^he's indeed a troll and as you can see, is off his rocker.

quite literally.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by tpia5: 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2011
buzugee:

nothing carry me reach the DMV area at all. may check out it in the future. who knows right ?

put it on your to do list.

however, the life there got more tense after sept 11.

people turned nastier, giant billboards for terror alerts and reporting people, etc.

however, its still a good tourist destination and quite cosmopolitan.

as with anywhere in the US, watch your back and know the location of trouble spots with high gang activity, etc.

could be my imagination but i thought i sensed some anti-nigerian feeling a while back- not in virginia though but somewhere else.
Re: Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US by nolongTing: 7:21pm On Aug 28, 2011
buzugee:

sounds just like chicago. apparently chicago is the most segregated city in america. neighborhoods are carved out in cultural and ethnic lines. we have ukranian village, greek town, little italy, then the area on the extreme northwest of the city from kedzie on the east and mccormick on the west and devon on the south to howard in the north is home to jews, southside is home to blacks, west side of the city west of western avenue on the northside is home to hispanics, goldcoast is home to rich white people with old money, lakeview is up and coming young white couples, lincoln park is middle aged white yuppies, rogers park around howard avenue is jamaican area, northside north of wilson and south of devon is tonnes of nigerians, albany park is mexicans, old town is middle aged white people with money, bucktown is home to hippy types etc etc etc. its ethnically divided. crazy ish lol

Where do the Bangladeshi live then? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

External Reserves Hit $47bn / Africans Reacts To Donald Trump's Statement About Black People(photos) / Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.