Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,878 members, 7,813,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) (48317 Views)

10-Year-Old Girl Rescued After She Ran Away From Her Abusive Mistress In Ebonyi / 17-year-old Yahoo Boy Beats His 28-year-old Girlfriend To Pulp (photos) / 20 Ghanaians Arrested For Beating A Police Officer To A Pulp (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by DavidEsq(m): 7:06am On Nov 26, 2022
Creamypie:
Na so one idiot man just come back from work yesterday night, go straight to dey beat his wife. We come dey hear as the woman dey shout for help say them wan kill her. At first, we just lock up. After about a minute, we hear as bottle Break for person head. We come dey hear. ,,," ah ah ah so glory you could defend yourself such that u did this to me, see my whole body dey pour blood. I am ready to kill u and go to prison ". Omo, na so one policeman in my compound and myself rush outside, climb fence enter the compound, bang the man room window say if d man no leave d wife and open door, he would be forced to shoot from window. The man don hold machete, and both were struggling with it inside the room. Thank God it was close quarter struggle, e for butcher the wife too much b4 help for come. The man opened the door oh, cos d policeman don dey on shooting mode from window. Come See as their blood full d flat. Very chilling. Local vigilante took both to hospital, their flat has been uninhabited since 2 days now.
Omo!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by doneback04: 7:42am On Nov 26, 2022
EBMedia:
A Nigerian woman has bailed her 'abusive' husband out of jail after he was arrested and detained for brutally beating her, IGBERETV reports.

DPA Family Law Clinic, disclosed this in a Facebook post on Thursday, November 24.

The post read;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02xQ8DGm3mboF8UE8N76aSj26PPkp2NgJzgBVFxCpxqcCjodc4X2DLmRY2QuRJkWrml&id=100076074495308

Stay for some days no bleeping of the pussy, the woman regret her actions went on her own to free the man
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by Adebowalay(m): 7:57am On Nov 26, 2022
devilmaycry:

U no sabi narrate story abeg
shey make he kill himself for you ni? Abi the Tori no sweet reach?r
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by uche393: 8:27am On Nov 26, 2022
I would say that women who remain in abusive marriages are have psychological disorder, they see their husbands as their slave master and always find a way to justify their stay in the marriage.
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by victorazy(m): 9:07am On Nov 26, 2022
Creamypie:
Na so one idiot man just come back from work yesterday night, go straight to dey beat his wife. We come dey hear as the woman dey shout for help say them wan kill her. At first, we just lock up. After about a minute, we hear as bottle Break for person head. We come dey hear. ,,," ah ah ah so glory you could defend yourself such that u did this to me, see my whole body dey pour blood. I am ready to kill u and go to prison ". Omo, na so one policeman in my compound and myself rush outside, climb fence enter the compound, bang the man room window say if d man no leave d wife and open door, he would be forced to shoot from window. The man don hold machete, and both were struggling with it inside the room. Thank God it was close quarter struggle, e for butcher the wife too much b4 help for come. The man opened the door oh, cos d policeman don dey on shooting mode from window. Come See as their blood full d flat. Very chilling. Local vigilante took both to hospital, their flat has been uninhabited since 2 days now.behind Seth hotel here at bonsaac, asaba

Asaba!

Plz what's the title?
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by Creamypie(m): 9:13am On Nov 26, 2022
victorazy:

Asaba!

Plz what's the title?
its real incident sir. I don't write Epistles. It happened behind Seth hotel. Thursday night
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by victorazy(m): 9:22am On Nov 26, 2022
Creamypie:
its real incident sir. I don't write Epistles. It happened behind Seth hotel. Thursday night

You mean this is real? shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by Testimony1988(m): 9:27am On Nov 26, 2022
I just hope the man will change.
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by Creamypie(m): 9:33am On Nov 26, 2022
victorazy:

You mean this is real? shocked

yes. At behind Seth hotel, bonsaac, Asaba
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by PoliteActivist: 10:18am On Nov 26, 2022
dochenaj:
It is not true. The woman can be allowed to bail him anywhere as long as he is bailable. And she can even chose to not press charges forcing the police to drop the case cos if it goes to court and she doesn't testify, the prosecutor will not have enough evidence to convict the man.

DriveByKiller:
man is entitled to bail by either the woman or any adult.

Bailing him by the woman doesn't stop the police from prosecuting the man but if the woman won't give witness , it weakens the case.

In some Western countries, victims can decide to not press go on with criminal matter.

Read the below carefully

Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by Prettychild(f): 10:29am On Nov 26, 2022
PoliteActivist:
Nigeria is one WEIRD country. Any other country the woman will NOT be allowed to bail him. His case is with the state not the woman. Even if the woman refuses to press charges he'd still be tried and if guilty, go to jail - whether the woman likes it or not!
Then who will be your witness? If the woman refuses to testify? That means your circumstantial evidence must be very strong
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by dochenaj: 11:03am On Nov 26, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Read the below carefully
Despite not properly referencing the excerpt you posted, however it doesn't still say anything about the victim not being able to bail the accused out.

I guess you should have read carefully what I wrote earlier and also read carefully the defence you put up, by way of the excerpt you posted.

And I am beginning to realize that you don't know what "bail" means? You probably should read up on that.
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by Creamypie(m): 11:26am On Nov 26, 2022
devilmaycry:

its not a story. It happened in next compound after my rented apartment
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by abuja007: 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
Life Rule 101: when you see husband and wife fighting or even abusing each other jump and pass. No put mouth inside. Especially for Naija marriage. Let them both settle it the way they best decide.
Do this and be happy. Before you become an enemy of both of them.

This case has happened many times.
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by Jazzman01: 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2022
devilmaycry:
Lmao...when we say some women love toxic men...we ain't lying

Next time she shouldn't complain and bring her rubbish to the public because helping her is useless

I believe she was at fault. She probably did something very bad to the man that led to the beating. That was why she felt remorseful and had to bail him.
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by fineberry(m): 1:12pm On Nov 26, 2022
devilmaycry:

lol...just like me too, don't ask me to tell you what happened o grin I no go know were to start.
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by Mryacks: 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2022
Creamypie:
Na so one idiot man just come back from work yesterday night, go straight to dey beat his wife. We come dey hear as the woman dey shout for help say them wan kill her. At first, we just lock up. After about a minute, we hear as bottle Break for person head. We come dey hear. ,,," ah ah ah so glory you could defend yourself such that u did this to me, see my whole body dey pour blood. I am ready to kill u and go to prison ". Omo, na so one policeman in my compound and myself rush outside, climb fence enter the compound, bang the man room window say if d man no leave d wife and open door, he would be forced to shoot from window. The man don hold machete, and both were struggling with it inside the room. Thank God it was close quarter struggle, e for butcher the wife too much b4 help for come. The man opened the door oh, cos d policeman don dey on shooting mode from window. Come See as their blood full d flat. Very chilling. Local vigilante took both to hospital, their flat has been uninhabited since 2 days now.behind Seth hotel here at bonsaac, asaba

I feel chills reading that....kaiii

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by PoliteActivist: 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2022
Prettychild:

Then who will be your witness? If the woman refuses to testify? That means your circumstantial evidence must be very strong

So who are the witnesses when people are convicted of murder??
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by PoliteActivist: 4:14pm On Nov 26, 2022
dochenaj:

Despite not properly referencing the excerpt you posted, however it doesn't still say anything about the victim not being able to bail the victim out.

I guess you should have read carefully what I wrote earlier and also read carefully the defence you put up, by way of the excerpt you posted.

And I am beginning to realize that you don't know what "bail" means? You probably should read up on that.

So who is the witness when someone is convicted of murder??
And I am beginning to realize that you don't know what "will not be allowed" means
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by Prettychild(f): 4:18pm On Nov 26, 2022
PoliteActivist:

So who are the witnesses when people are convicted of murder??
It could be eye witnesses or circumstantial evidence or confessional statement of the accused
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by PoliteActivist: 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2022
Prettychild:

It could be eye witnesses or circumstantial evidence or confessional statement of the accused

See how easy that was?
You just answered your question cheesy
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by Prettychild(f): 5:17pm On Nov 26, 2022
PoliteActivist:

See how easy that was?
You just answered your question cheesy
I didn’t answer the question, there are different scenarios. What if the eye witnesses are family members who refuse to testify. Let’s use the case here, what if the woman refuses to testify against her husband? The two men who rescued her were not in the room to know what was happening, they only heard shouts that prompted them to break into the couple’s house. Now the court cannot convict the husband based on those two people’s statement that they ‘heard shouts’. The victim needs to corroborate their statement, if she doesn’t the case will definitely fail. Don’t forget that in criminal matters, the prosecution needs to prove the act or omission beyond reasonable doubt. Hope I have answered you
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by PoliteActivist: 8:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
Prettychild:

I didn’t answer the question, there are different scenarios. What if the eye witnesses are family members who refuse to testify. Let’s use the case here, what if the woman refuses to testify against her husband? The two men who rescued her were not in the room to know what was happening, they only heard shouts that prompted them to break into the couple’s house. Now the court cannot convict the husband based on those two people’s statement that they ‘heard shouts’. The victim needs to corroborate their statement, if she doesn’t the case will definitely fail. Don’t forget that in criminal matters, the prosecution needs to prove the act or omission beyond reasonable doubt. Hope I have answered you

Don't be ridiculous. Any scenario you can come up with can also apply if the woman were killed. Will that cause the case to be dropped??
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by Truvelisback(m): 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2022
devilmaycry:
Lmao...when we say some women love toxic men...we ain't lying

Next time she shouldn't complain and bring her rubbish to the public because helping her is useless
What would she gain if her husband rot in jail? If she allows the husband to rot in jail, his family members will call her a wicked soul. Did u read where she said she has been the one bearing all the financial burden alone? She did the right thing.
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by Prettychild(f): 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Don't be ridiculous. Any scenario you can come up with can also apply if the woman were killed. Will that cause the case to be dropped??
I have explained to you but it seems you read to reply, rather than read to comprehend. If you were a Police Prosecutor or a lawyer, you would not be putting up this. I rest my case
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by Jossibest(m): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
Why showing us your dirty body?
Foolish wife and idiot husband
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by PoliteActivist: 10:44pm On Nov 26, 2022
Prettychild:

I have explained to you but it seems you read to reply, rather than read to comprehend. If you were a Police Prosecutor or a lawyer, you would not be putting up this. I rest my case

Respectfully, you are not making sense. Anything the woman can't do because she refuses to press charges, she also can't do if she were dead!
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by DriveByKiller: 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Read the below carefully
we know all that you pasted there so you could have saved yourself the effort.

We know criminal offenses are offense against the state and not the victim.

Now I want to ask you: how does the prosecutor go about domestic violence when the victim isn't willing to testify? What evidence and case do they have?
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by PoliteActivist: 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2022
DriveByKiller:
we know all that you pasted there so you could have saved yourself the effort.

We know criminal offenses are offense against the state and not the victim.

Now I want to ask you: how does the prosecutor go about domestic violence when the victim isn't willing to testify? What evidence and case do they have?

The same way they go about murder though the victim is unable to testify.
See how easy that was?
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by DriveByKiller: 8:56am On Nov 27, 2022
PoliteActivist:

The same way they go about murder though the victim is unable to testify.
See how easy that was?
there's a big difference in both.

Murder incredience for conviction is quite different. Body, murder weapon, victims property etc.

In domestic violence, the requirements are different apart from scsr, it is the victim's testimony and when that is not forthcoming, it is usually the word of the prosecutor against the defendant
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by PoliteActivist: 9:52am On Nov 27, 2022
DriveByKiller:
there's a big difference in both.

Murder incredience for conviction is quite different. Body, murder weapon, victims property etc.

In domestic violence, the requirements are different apart from scsr, it is the victim's testimony and when that is not forthcoming, it is usually the word of the prosecutor against the defendant

Funny guy. Don't you have the victim (who can even be subpoenaed, unlike a dead person), assault weapon, victim's property etc.
You lost this one cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro / Woman Bites Off Sister’s Nose During Fight Over Sex Patron / Traffic Robber Caught At Ozumba Mbadiwe, VI This Afternoon (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.