Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) (48323 Views)

10-Year-Old Girl Rescued After She Ran Away From Her Abusive Mistress In Ebonyi / 17-year-old Yahoo Boy Beats His 28-year-old Girlfriend To Pulp (photos) / 20 Ghanaians Arrested For Beating A Police Officer To A Pulp (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by DriveByKiller: 10:02am On Nov 27, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Funny guy. Don't you have the victim (who can even be subpoenaed, unlike a dead person), assault weapon, victim's property etc.
You lost this one cheesy
the problem with lawyers and would be lawyers like you is that they bring the courtroom into their lives, into eveyy argument thinking it's a measure of their self worth or value.

It only makes one look insecure, irritating and lacking confidence.

To your diehard opinion of the victim being subpoenaed, why do you think an unwilling victim who had to be forced into a witness box will cooperate?

What do you assume the defense lawyer will tell her to say . " I provoked my husband into slapping me"? " I was the one who started it" "

I don't know what law books you're reading but I'm sure the judge will refer them to multidoor court if the wife doesn't want to cooperate and is uninterested.

Oh, I'm presently subpoenaed in one of the state high counts and I will give evidence by January 26th. I was subpoenaed because the defendant is my uncle..... within my own powers I know what I can do with that case in the witness box.

Give it up. You're looking for a "win" to feel better find yourself a real client and a real opponent and get yourself into a proper court where you aren't the judge.

Bye.
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by PoliteActivist: 10:11am On Nov 27, 2022
DriveByKiller:
the problem with lawyers and would be lawyers like you is that they bring the courtroom into their lives, into eveyy argument thinking it's a measure of their self worth or value.

It only makes one look insecure, irritating and lacking confidence.

To your diehard opinion of the victim being subpoenaed, why do you think an unwilling victim who had to be forced into a witness box will cooperate?

What do you assume the defense lawyer will tell her to say . " I provoked my husband into slapping me"? " I was the one who started it" "

I don't know what law books you're reading but I'm sure the judge will refer them to multidoor court if the wife doesn't want to cooperate and is uninterested.

Oh, I'm presently subpoenaed in one of the state high counts and I will give evidence by January 26th. I was subpoenaed because the defendant is my uncle..... within my own powers I know what I can do with that case in the witness box.

Give it up. You're looking for a "win" to feel better find yourself a real client and a real opponent and get yourself into a proper court where you aren't the judge.

Bye.

Funny guy again. You'd be under oat, penalty of perjury. You'd be cross-examined by a lawyer who can expose any lies.
None of that can be done with a dead body.
Give it up already
Re: Nigerian Woman Bails her Abusive Husband Jailed For Beating Her To Pulp (Photos) by foolbuster: 9:44am On Nov 29, 2022
Artiiclebeast:
She deserves the beating and should be made the face of "Stockholm" syndrome.

Nothing wrong with being human. Not all of us are unforgiving demons

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Traffic Robber Caught At Ozumba Mbadiwe, VI This Afternoon (photos) / Cop Who Killed Twins And Their Friend, Abandoned In The Mortuary [graphic Image] / Police Officer Sleeps Off Inside Suspect’s Car - Pictures + Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.