Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her (74461 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu At Chukwuemeka Ezeife’s Burial / Bianca Ojukwu Marks Her 20th Traditional Marriage Anniversary (Photos) / Bianca Ojukwu Stuns At Adaure Igbo Women Event In Uk(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by ebukajay184: 7:47pm On Nov 25, 2022
Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her (Photo)

Bianca Ojukwu, wife of late Biafra leader, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu has marked her wedding anniversary as she revealed that a cake maker in Enugu refused to make her wedding cake because the cake maker thought Bianca was poor and of low class, IGBERETV reports.

Sharing a photo which captured her wedding cake, Bianca wrote on Facebook;

"NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY THE COVER…
Each time I see this picture, the rather funny but sad story of this wedding cake on the left comes to mind.
I was told by a good friend, during my wedding preparations that there was a lady based at Enugu that makes great wedding cakes. Infact my friend, though not familiar with the lady, offered to take me to hers.

Dressed rather casually, I decided to park my own Mercedes and I joined my friend in her own car which was a cute looking but modest Volkswagen (known as Beetle in those days) and she drove us to the cake maker’s place.

Upon our arrival, The popular cake maker, (whose name I withhold for obvious reasons) totally oblivious of my identity, took one derisive look at the car we arrived in, and was not impressed. I told her I needed her to make my wedding cake, and she started coming up with all manner of excuses.

First, she told me her cakes were very expensive and I definitely would not be able to afford it ( at 25,000 naira in those days), and offered to direct me to a cheaper cake place, stressing that she only makes cakes for important personalities ( even going ahead to drop names..such as one Union bank manager, one boutique owner, etc who in her estimation were ‘dignitaries’) but I told her that I could manage to afford it.

She then asked where the wedding was taking place and I told her it was at Abuja. She said I would have to pay for her transportation to Abuja to mount the cake and that since she only travels by air, not road, this added cost would be difficult for me to carry, to which I replied that I would pay.

She raised the issue of hotel accommodation, which I assured her, would be taken care of.
My friend kept nudging me and whispering in my ear, ‘ Tell this woman who you are so she can put a stop to these nonsense questions’, to which I replied no. I was secretly amused, albeit perplexed at that moment about human nature and social climbers, which by her attitude, this lady clearly was .

What I found surprising was that the lady herself was definitely not well off, her own car was an old Corolla, her surroundings not plush, and she was merely one of those ‘I must belong by all means’ type of people, yet she had the temerity to look down on others she considered not ‘rich’.

To cut a long story short, still not convinced that I could afford her services ( judging by my casual dressing and the modest ride, which was not even mine, meaning I probably had no vehicle of my own), she briskly discharged us both, telling me to drop my number, and that she would call me.

I dropped my number with her under my Igbo name Odinaka, and we left. I never heard from her again.

I simply took up a generous offer from the Canadian chef at the Nicon Hilton Abuja then, who was a master baker, and my gigantic multi tiered wedding cake was made at no cost at all, simply as PR to market and advertise the Hotel’s services.

The Enugu based cake maker, one day, just a week to the wedding, saw the television broadcasts of our impending wedding which was a big event at the time, and realised it was me who had come to her place for a wedding cake.

She flew into a panic and quickly managed to find her way to my house, and started begging, with all kinds of bland explanations, asking why I didn’t introduce myself ‘appropriately’ ( by which she meant as a ‘VIP’), and even offering to make the cake free of charge, but it was too late.

On this day, a beautiful breezy day in November 1994, it was a memorable wedding ceremony at the Nicon Noga Hilton ( Today’s Transcorp Hilton), Abuja, the first wedding event ever hosted there. And it was grand…

This life size multi step cake seen in this picture, much bigger and more lavish than any conceivable one the Enugu cake maker could ever have offered, was donated by the management of the Hilton.

The Enugu based Cake maker lost a great opportunity to showcase her skills and her product since the event was telecast across the country..TV, radio, Newspapers, Magazines and every conceivable news medium with the Hilton Master Baker taking the cake credits.

This advertisement masterstroke greatly boosted the Hilton Events hosting business and facilitated countless more weddings at the same Congress Hall at Hilton. Last I heard, the Cakemaker’s business has since folded after she faced some difficulties in her business several years ago.

Moral of this true life experience is, NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT’S COVER. We are all human beings,created equally before God, if not before man, regardless of our status in life.

The tragedy of our times is that so many go through this sort of scenario on a daily basis but sadly with a different outcome.

I could shrug this Cakemaker’s attitude off , being myself, a person of means relating incognito, knowing that she could not even scratch the surface of my net worth, and that I was possibly doing her a favour by opting for her services because of the significant publicity it would bring her , but what of my friend in whose car we drove there, who was a modest earner living within her means, and who it became clear, goes through this disdain on a regular basis from these types of social climbing crabs ? When did it become an offence to own or drive a beetle?

The truth is that so many folks are this way inclined, and it is downright despicable.

We must never relate to others based solely on who or what they are, what they have, what car they ride or how expensively or poorly they are dressed…Everyday people lose opportunities to forge valuable ties and long lasting friendships because of their snobbish outlook.

……and best of all, when one door closes, another greater one will open by Divine mercies. I lost a molehill but gained a mountain.

HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TO ME AND OGA M, DIM CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU !"

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02EdWouZvcYVgJyRbXVSZoS5jwuqJ3BA9H35QkTBc3xTLcjyNy48CtABYJYZ2FCnH7l&id=100008721701950

110 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by ebukajay184: 7:48pm On Nov 25, 2022
More

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by immortalcrown(m): 7:48pm On Nov 25, 2022
When you are blessed with beauty and power...

According to Mama P, "Ojukwu is dead but his manhood is still alive".

228 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by MandelaLives: 7:50pm On Nov 25, 2022
Congrats Beauty and Brain.

Tbvh, this story made me very emotional. I'm shedding tears now. There are many stupid people in Nigeria and other places missing big opportunities because of behaviors like this.

The moral of this story for 2023 elections?

Don't support candidates because they CAN WIN the election. Instead, support candidates because they CAN DELIVER quality leadership. As for me, I'll rather 'waste' my support and vote for the right candidate than 'save' it for the wrong candidate.

Otherwise, my conscience will judge me for 4 to 8 years when the wrong candidate will be messing up.

Follow your conscience, not politicians. For example...

I was terribly disappointed in what Soludo wrote in his article against Peter Obi. Imagine saying things like: Obi can't win, therefore Obi shouldn't contest!?! Obi is making way for Tinubu!?! and other trash. A professor for that matter!?!

The worst part is that many people are now taking what Soludo wrote, line, hook, and sinker just because he is a professor and Obi is a Mr just like this stupid cake maker.

Seriously, this is the exact attitude among Nigerians that is helping politicians to keep scamming them from generation to generation. We should learn to give people their due whether they are rich, famous, or carrying their status on their heads or not.

Personally, I can even trust a leader who goes by the title 'Mr' than the one who is obsessed with titles such as 'Chief', 'Prof', etc. Bianca for example is a lawyer. By the way, here is a video of a lecture that exposed Soludo and the trick he is playing on Nigerians with the corrupt establishment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGZzGK4AT8c

118 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by Hezzyluv: 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2022
She's indeed an epitome of beauty/Humility .
Congratulations..!!

192 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by God1000(m): 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2022
Beautiful woman

151 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by JASONjnr(m): 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
Since she's good at slapping and resetting brain....Let her help us to slap Soludo.

194 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by Physicist(m): 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2022
Is Bianca Ojukwu a mixed race?

24 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by dawnomike(m): 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2022
Never really judge a book by it's cover...

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by ItsTutsi(m): 8:18pm On Nov 25, 2022
God won't forgive u for riding FFK prick and dashing him ur bleached kitten, while ur husband was bed ridden and impotent

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by skaramanga: 8:24pm On Nov 25, 2022
ItsTutsi above.

What is this one above saying? Hahaha. Don’t you know?
FFK is notoriously impotent and his pr1ck is dead and cannot function. Dats why all his wives run away from him. Ask Precious.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by Iykoto86(m): 8:25pm On Nov 25, 2022
Physicist:
Is Bianca Ojukwu a mixed race?
100% black nigerian of igbo tribe.

131 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by Okoroawusa: 8:31pm On Nov 25, 2022
Bianca dianso...mabala anyi ula!

Happy wedding anniversary...

228 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by ganisucks(f): 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2022
The moral of this story is that the Enugu woman moved on and is probably still waxing strong. She lost a business opportunity, but that wasn't the end of her life.

I don't understand why black people have this "God will judge you on my behalf", complex.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by Houseofglam7(f): 8:39pm On Nov 25, 2022
Happy anniversary to them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by manu1: 8:39pm On Nov 25, 2022
ganisucks:
The moral of this story is that the Enugu woman moved on and is probably still waxing strong. She lost a business opportunity, but that wasn't the end of her life.

I don't understand why black people have this "God will judge you on my behalf", complex.

It’s clear you did not read this well.
The Enugu woman did not move on. She closed shop because she started experiencing difficulties. She was said not to make enough to even pay her rent.
She lost a business opportunity and also lost her business.
She got judged and got served. I just luv happy endings like this.

180 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by wingmanIII: 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2022
ItsTutsi:
God won't forgive u for riding FFK prick and dashing him ur bleached kitten, while ur husband was bed ridden and impotent
If your mum did not ride ffk, then Bianca did not.

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by ganisucks(f): 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2022
manu1:

It’s clear you did not read this well.
The Enugu woman did not move on. She closed shop because she started experiencing difficulties. She was said not to make enough to even pay her rent.
She lost a business opportunity and also lost her business.
She got judged and got served. I just luv happy endings like this.

That's Bianca's Nollywood side of the story. Things don't happen like that in the real world.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by Ikpaitid: 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2022
Bianca is the ashewo queen of IPOBLAND.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by KosiGee(m): 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2022
Where’s the cake?

4 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by Pakute: 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2022
Bianca was too bothered about a wedding cake when she herself has a sweet cake in the middle.

191 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by Realists(m): 10:17pm On Nov 25, 2022
immortalcrown:
When you are blessed with beauty and power...

According to Mama P, "Ojukwu is dead but his manhood is still alive".

Beauty and the Beast of yesterday, it's not today that slay queens started gold digging in the okoro republic, I don't know why they envy Ned Nwoko & Regina too much ?.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by christejames(m): 10:18pm On Nov 25, 2022
Happy anniversary Nwanyi oma

5 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by nkemoma(m): 10:18pm On Nov 25, 2022
All I know is Ojukwu's Manhood lives on

3 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by sukkot: 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by Authoreety: 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
Nice
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by Millimann: 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
Great woman that married a great man.

She still loves the great Ojukwu.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by Almaigaa: 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
Woman wey FFK don fvck tire. Na the expired product Oj*kwu marry grin grin

186 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by Solofresh2: 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
Issoryt
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by ShaqFu: 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2022
cheesy
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Marks Wedding Anniversary With Story Of Cake Maker Despising Her by bonnyhope: 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2022
ItsTutsi:

See what weed has done to your life

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Jnr With His Father & Dangote At His Graduation In Canada. PIC / Asari Dokubo And His Children (photos) / Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.