Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,288 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) (75708 Views)

Hunter Killed A Warthog, Civet And Other Wild Animals / Wild Animal Caught About To... / We Are Recruiting For Our Goat Ranch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by MideMrPossible: 12:34am On Nov 28, 2022
Basiljoe:

I'm interested brother.

I'm following you already, you may follow back and look out for my thread so that you'll be aware when the offer will be available.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by MideMrPossible: 12:39am On Nov 28, 2022
naturefellow:
i trust you plan to sponsor a couple units. Otedola Lite smiley

I'm open to Donation sir https://paystack.com/pay/possiblefarms.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by mediclife1987(m): 1:22am On Nov 28, 2022
MideMrPossible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr85NFhuwJk

We are having this kind of attack second time this month and the pattern of the attack is exactly the same.

Due to farm invasion of our livestocks, we only allow them to graze at night and leave them till daybreak while we let them into their cage.

The first victim of this wild attack was Huda ram, he was sick and want missing, after about the third day, we found him with his head ripped off from the neck, likewise the second goat, brought in for mating about 12 days ago, felt sick, recovering, went to graze and the second day we met him this way.

We are currently working on installing perimeter net for the first part of the land we intend to use for livestock, that's about 3 acres, it separates the farm from the remaining land meant for crop plantation.

Which animal do you think is on the prowl?
Kindly suggest how to capture or kill this animal.

My name is Mide Oludipe, I'm a graduate of geography and I'm a regenerative agriculture expert seeking to create a niche in modern agriculture. Please kindly Subscribe to my channel
Thanks.

Continue dey do mueh for there, until the animal come do mueh for your neck too...
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Nobody: 4:32am On Nov 28, 2022
KwaraRat:

Vegetarian cats?
Are you sire about this

Corrected. Omnivores* actually, but their diet consist mostly of fruits cos I've always known this. If at all they want some protein, they eat rodents (rats etc) and small reptiles like lizards.

They're small cats, not big enough to rip off a goat's head. There's a fox or another wild animal lurking around the farm.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by naturefellow(m): 4:39am On Nov 28, 2022
Nukilia:

That won't be a bad idea...
https://paystack.com/pay/possiblefarms.

Investor, after you please...

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by profmallor: 8:06am On Nov 28, 2022
Seems like a lone cat, most likely a leopard. Hyenas are never quiet, you ld know when they are around. And besides they are very clumsy eaters. That carcass seems like the delicate work of a cat. You need to herd your cattle together, that would give enhanced security and help them to alert you when they sense danger, then you need the assistance of hunters. They have mastered hunting, so outsourcing that might just be the best solution to your predator problems.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Josipov: 9:01am On Nov 28, 2022
JoshB92:
I just asked my friend who's is good at detecting stuffs like this and he said it is the doing of "kolokolo" (in yoruba) I don't know the animal or its name in English, any interpreter will be appreciated

It looks like a cat, it's a wild cat that lives in the bush
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by agaluck: 9:35am On Nov 28, 2022
Please find out the foot print of the animal if you can. From this someone can check to know what kind of animal is doing that.

Additionally, seek for the help of local hunters in your locality as soon as possible.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Funflipper: 9:47am On Nov 28, 2022
It could be a giant monitor lizard.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by DavidEsq(m): 10:30am On Nov 28, 2022
habsydiamond:
Ur farm must be close to a forest.. its a wild animal's doing. Wolf, hyena, fox and Co.
Abeg una get wolf for una village?
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by habsydiamond(m): 10:33am On Nov 28, 2022
DavidEsq:

Abeg una get wolf for una village?
a no know now... when I no be hunter
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by phyya(f): 10:37am On Nov 28, 2022
You still ate the goat?? Na wa oo
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by hazureal(f): 11:40am On Nov 28, 2022
There's a fox around that place. It's also known as kolokolo in Yoruba language.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Lisong(m): 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2022
The only animals I know that kill their prey without eating them are Fulani herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by oliverwrites: 1:48pm On Nov 28, 2022
clinician2x:
If you're in ogun state I'm suspecting afonja skullminers. Babalawo fit don talk say na head of goat go make them goat.
I pray one day you need a job or something more important and posts like you find you out. Stupid tribalist bastard allowed to thrive by Seun is shamefully allowing tribalism to thrive on nairaland.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by oliverwrites: 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2022
JuanDeDios:

Oh, you don't see that in terms of me agreeing with the post I quoted? Notin do you.
He is someone who knows nothing but won't agree he doesn't. Probably a 25 year old or even younger.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by oliverwrites: 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

I think cat family kill in dis manner...
Jaguar
Puma
Chetar
Leopard
Pumas are not found in Africa and if it is them then their hunting won't be limited to night alone.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by oliverwrites: 3:22pm On Nov 28, 2022
MideMrPossible:

You might not be too far from the truth because something else just happened tonight, the process meats put inside netlike cage to dry on fire went missing, saw the cage with almost nothing inside and I rule out the possiblity of any serious wild animal other than cat, dog or stray dog who probably stay close to the house only to hunt when there is no human movement.
You are getting to the truth gradually. If I were you I will put more meat in the same location but this time poisoned.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by clinician2x: 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2022
oliverwrites:
I pray one day you need a job or something more important and posts like you find you out. Stupid tribalist bastard allowed to thrive by Seun is shamefully allowing tribalism to thrive on nairaland.

Dear stupid animal, when yoruba people call igbo similar names, show me ur reaction to that.

Capital idiot.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by oliverwrites: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2022
clinician2x:

Dear stupid animal, when yoruba people call igbo similar names, show me ur reaction to that.

Capital idiot.
I pray this shiit finds you out one day. I blame Seun for allowing tribalism on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by clinician2x: 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2022
oliverwrites:
I pray this shiit finds you out one day. I blame Seun for allowing tribalism on this forum.

I have just asked u a simple question.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by MideMrPossible: 9:38am On Nov 30, 2022
oliverwrites:
You are getting to the truth gradually. If I were you I will put more meat in the same location but this time poisoned.

Exactly what I did, I will vlog on it and post update. Thanks mate for the inputs
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by dragon2(m): 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2022
The animals were sick and not completely eaten. It looks like the work of a singular vulture/ bird of prey.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by sharpwriter(m): 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2022
MideMrPossible:

You might not be too far from the truth because something else just happened tonight, the process meats put inside netlike cage to dry on fire went missing, saw the cage with almost nothing inside and I rule out the possiblity of any serious wild animal other than cat, dog or stray dog who probably stay close to the house only to hunt when there is no human movement.
Set a trap ASAP!
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by wolebest: 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2022
Tell the local hunters in the village about the incidence and seek their advice.....

or better still design a trap with bait and the killer animal will be caught.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by MideMrPossible: 7:17pm On Dec 06, 2022
sharpwriter:

Set a trap ASAP!

We had a bloated goat days ago which later died, I got rat poison and make a feast, the bastard ate and the whole area is currently smelling.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by sharpwriter(m): 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2022
MideMrPossible:

We had a bloated goat days ago which later died, I got rat poison and make a feast, the bastard ate and the whole area is currently smelling.
Fantastic, have you now gotten the bastard? If yes, which kain animal hin be?

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by greenermodels: 8:38pm On Dec 06, 2022
MideMrPossible:

please, show us the animal if you ever find it's corpse.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Syphax(m): 2:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
MideMrPossible:

But have you found the animal's dead body?
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by MideMrPossible: 12:07am On Dec 08, 2022
Syphax:

But have you found the animal's dead body?

I wouldn't waste my energy on it because we are powerfully advancing the project and I'm all by myself to supervise and support where necessary, expending energy looking it is a luxury I can't afford.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by olab059(m): 9:54am On Dec 08, 2022
greenermodels:
stop letting out the goats at night, leopards are nocturnal animals, they hide and rest during the day and hunt at night, all cats are also good at jumping and climbing.

So we have leopards in Nigeria? I never knew. I thought it was just lions, jaguars, and cheetahs we have in naija.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by olab059(m): 9:58am On Dec 08, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
Install solar powered electric fencing and CCTV[b] sharply[/b]..

Do you know how much that will cost him?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today / Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.