Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) (75851 Views)

Hunter Killed A Warthog, Civet And Other Wild Animals / Wild Animal Caught About To... / We Are Recruiting For Our Goat Ranch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by azukaegopeter(m): 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2022
Its the hand work of a roaming homeless dog. Had this same encounter in my farm. Thought it was a wild animal until we caught the dog one night and that's the end till date

3 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by HardMirror(m): 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
Light78:
If it's not wolf, fox, or big monitor lizard alligator, then it should be wild dogs.
wolf and fox in nigeria? Na wa for these people o. It is an hyena, leopard, jackal or stray dog

3 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by HardMirror(m): 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
azukaegopeter:
Its the hand work of a roaming homeless dog. Had this same encounter in my farm. Thought it was a wild animal until we caught the dog one night and that's the end till date
very possible too
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by omonnakoda: 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
habsydiamond:
Ur farm must be close to a forest.. its a wild animal's doing. Wolf, hyena, fox and Co.
No it is not a wild animal most likely a domestic pet like a parrot or another goat

2 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Adewale1603(m): 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2022
terminator.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Germi9: 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:
You should start worrying about your safety not the goats. Whatever killed the goat in such a cruel manner must be really cruel

I'm writing this to tell you to be careful about your life.

This clearly is the doings of a dangerous animal

Now, let me advice you professionally.

Go and do deep research on why animal rearers always choose to pair a donkey alongside other animals like yours while raising them. This can be the answer to saving you from such losses into the future.

Be careful. Be it an hyena, a fox or a jackal. These animals can be deadly

An hyena doesn't need to kill an animal from the neck, though it's not that it can not. This suggests another dangerous animal

Jackal Diet

Jackals are nocturnal, omnivorous scavengers. With their long legs and curved canine teeth, they are well adapted for hunting

Jackals kill small prey with a bite to the back of the neck.

Range & habitat

All jackal species live in Africa, albeit in different regions.

Diet

Jackals can be both diurnal and nocturnal. This means that they can look for food both day and night. All jackals are omnivorous, meaning that their diet consists of both meat and plants.

Highlight

" When it comes to killing small prey, they usually do so by delivering a bite to the back of the neck and vigorously shaking the animal. "

Possible culprits

Jackal

Fox

Juvenile Leopard

African civet
I go with the African Civet

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by ghettochild(m): 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2022
Use a life goat to bait the predator while hunters are hiding somewhere ready to shoot at sight definitely in the still of the night.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by caracas: 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2022
Omo menh ! Guy run for your life oo
A were wolf is in your vicinity….
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by SeriouslySense(m): 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
grin grin grin Hen feeds on Hen meat too.

Mercury12:
In all of these
I am really surprise at those hen feeding on the dead goat meat in your video. I never knew hen could feed on flesh shocked

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by karmaolu1(m): 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
dangerous hyena I guest
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Mercury12(m): 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
NnamdiN:
Do we have wolves in Nigeria?
No
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by ekanx27(m): 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
Mercury12:
In all of these
I am really surprise at those hen feeding on the dead goat meat in your video. I never knew hen could feed on flesh shocked

The condition that the Buhari and APC has plunged the country into is more than enough for the fowl to feed on anything. Na Watin you chop, go carry you go. Haven't you heard that the Lions and monkeys in our zoo are eating semo, Amala, Garri, beans and yam?

4 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by KwaraRat: 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
Shit!

No animal can clinically severe the head clean and then proceed to leave the more nutritious carcass uneaten.

This reminds me of Alien conspiracy theories of farm animals having their organs surgically removed in the US mid west.

OP, please provide more info. This shit needs to be looked into

Kindly provide location. When this happened and if your farm is remotely located from other human settlements.

6 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by wonder233: 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
I'm thinking Fulani herdsmen
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by asahnwaKC: 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
And you still want to roast it and eat…. undecided
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by chukkystar(m): 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
Try and get a Donkey in that Ranch. It will alert and fight of predators.

5 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Curious345: 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr85NFhuwJk

We are having this kind of attack second time thiso
Thanks.

A COMONDO DRAGON DID IT

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by bdon123(m): 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
A cane corso breed dog
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Citizen10: 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
Have you checked that your jealous neighbor?? It's a wicked world we live in.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Curious345: 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
wonder233:
I'm thinking Fulani herdsmen
this.is also plausible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by phorget(m): 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
I need to spend some times in the forest, could these people living inside forest be my host please!?
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by ednut1(m): 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
The animal was too big for it to drag it away to hide. So it’s likely a wild cat or civet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by BigYash: 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
Urchins don reach op farm o.. Chai

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by EmmyOD(m): 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2022
This thing looks like the the handwork of drug barons... That's how they murder customs officers without mercy angry

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Mercury12(m): 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2022
SeriouslySense:
grin grin grin Hen feeds on Hen meat too.
Hahahaha that seams like something from an horror movie
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by SenecaTheYonger: 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2022
Damn... why just the neck?
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by KwaraRat: 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2022
habsydiamond:
Ur farm must be close to a forest.. its a wild animal's doing. Wolf, hyena, fox and Co.

No wild animal will take out a prey and leave the carcass uneaten

Look at how surgical the head was severed

This was not done by the jaws of any wild animal.

This reminds me of the unsolved mystery of farm animals in the Midwest of the US having their organs surgically removed to precision with the carcass left untouched.

This some Alien UFO tier fuckery going on down at OP's farm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by JooEeL(m): 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2022
gammarays1:
I'll suspect a civet cat
We call them edi abali, don't know what you guys call it.

It targets the neck of it's pray goats, sheep or chickens.

A wild leopard can do that too but would have dragged the animal to finish it.

Hyenas are scavengers and will flex the animal leaving the bones behind.

Edi abali lol

No be Asari Dokubo title b that?
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Scarletjr(m): 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2022
Guy go buy gun first

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by MideMrPossible: 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2022
KwaraRat:
Shit!

No animal can clinically severe the head clean and then proceed to live the more nutritious carcass uneaten.

This reminds me of Alien conspiracy theories of farm animals having their organs surgically removed in the US mid west.

OP, please provide more info. This shit needs to be looked into

Kindly provide location. When this happened and if your farm is remotely located from other human settlements.
Yes, our farm is remotely located 5 min trek to the nearest house and about 7min to the nearest nucleated settlement.

My lawyers recommend I get a licensed gun or leave the vicinity but I'll rather stick to the former

2 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by JJuanMiguel: 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2022
With that level of cruelty
It can only be a female dragon.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by phorget(m): 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2022
Somebody told me the attack is from some young skull miners practicing with the goat heads before graduating into mining human skulls... undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today / Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.