Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) (75843 Views)

Hunter Killed A Warthog, Civet And Other Wild Animals / Wild Animal Caught About To... / We Are Recruiting For Our Goat Ranch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2022
Opoki:

Yes, it is in the forest, somewhere around the tropical rain belt of the southwest
this your name look like Okiki.
Are you called Okiki?
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Tapout(m): 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2022
@op no vex, but you're are playing with your life. Whatever that is devouring your livestock in such manner will come for you and anyone else within that vicinity, when it no longer has access to livestock. I hope you that have children playing around? At this stage, you should be more concerned about your safety.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by yahwehpickin(m): 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hezzyluv:
I dey think Hyena

Hyena hunt in pack and they go finish the goat �
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by fx45(m): 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr85NFhuwJk

We are having this kind of attack second time this month and the pattern of the attack is exactly the same.

Due to farm invasion of our livestocks, we only allow them to graze at night and leave them till daybreak while we let them into their cage.

The first victim of this wild attack was Huda ram, he was sick and want missing, after about the third day, we found him with his head ripped off from the neck, likewise the second goat, brought in for mating about 12 days ago, felt sick, recovering, went to graze and the second day we met him this way.

We are currently working on installing perimeter net for the first part of the land we intend to use for livestock, that's about 3 acres, it separates the farm from the remaining land meant for crop plantation.

Which animal do you think is on the prowl?
Kindly suggest how to capture or kill this animal.

My name is Mide Oludipe, I'm a graduate of geography and I'm a regenerative agriculture expert seeking to create a niche in modern agriculture. Please kindly Subscribe to my channel
Thanks.
Hyenas, wolf or some dangerous cats. You're definitely located close to a massive forest
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Foodie1(m): 4:06pm On Nov 27, 2022
Na Lion dey attack your goats.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by FarahAideed: 4:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

Hyenas and wild dogs start feeding from the most vulnerable parts at the rear end or belly. They also consume all parts including skin and bones since they hunt in packs.
This kill reveals that the predator was acting alone, caught the goat and waited till it was dead before devouring. It also shows that the predator is selective with desirable parts.

Wild cat behaviour.

Definitely a cat
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Franking: 4:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
Some people should just shut up. See ignorance.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by LordReed(m): 4:12pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

We are having this kind of attack second time this month and the pattern of the attack is exactly the same.

Due to farm invasion of our livestocks, we only allow them to graze at night and leave them till daybreak while we let them into their cage.

The first victim of this wild attack was Huda ram, he was sick and want missing, after about the third day, we found him with his head ripped off from the neck, likewise the second goat, brought in for mating about 12 days ago, felt sick, recovering, went to graze and the second day we met him this way.

We are currently working on installing perimeter net for the first part of the land we intend to use for livestock, that's about 3 acres, it separates the farm from the remaining land meant for crop plantation.

My name is Mide Oludipe, I'm a graduate of geography and I'm a regenerative agriculture expert seeking to create a niche in modern agriculture. Please kindly Subscribe to my channel
Thanks.

Looks like an attack from one of the large cat family.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Ameboperoo(m): 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2022
Opoki:

yes, infact we have gotten 70% of all materials needed
Most likely a civet. Leopard and cheetah is almost extinct in the wild now.
A big civet can do that
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Ameboperoo(m): 4:16pm On Nov 27, 2022
Foodie1:
Na Lion dey attack your goats.
No more loins in Nigeria except reserves and zoos.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by meobizy(f): 4:18pm On Nov 27, 2022
Whichever animal did that will view you as lunch. Stay careful out there.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by themanderon: 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

Thanks.

All I can say is that whatever did that to that goat can do same to a grown human so you have to be very careful.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Foodie1(m): 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2022
Ameboperoo:
No more loins in Nigeria except reserves and zoos.
Lions are many in Bauchi and plateau state.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Kavod: 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

Thanks.
I hope you see this....... Animals are acting weird these days..... I use to have rams till my dogs made them extinct.... You are even lucky you saw parts of them... Mine even the hair I did not see, only the blood on their face I knew it was them.... My brother if domestic dogs can do that solemnly any wild beast would do much.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by aklion: 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
Omo this is terrible. Something dangerous is on the lose here... Una has humans there too need brace up and be ready. This isn't funny at all. I can't even start to think what kind of predator would go that length...
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by gabmanuel(m): 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2022
Op, nice one for bringing this up here, I would also like to know how the story goes.

I think this might be a reptile, because I once had an experience of such.

Mine was my Turkey and Fowl, they were in a cage and the biggest hole was about 8cm x 6cm, and the only animal entering there was rats.
So, on that fateful, I came in the morning, I saw the animals (one turkey, one broiler) eaten in the above pattern (their neck eaten till only the bone was left, then from the neck, it entered inside and finished the intestines, without touching the body).
I tried to know what could have done that, but alot of people suggested it could be *Snake or Shrew* or possibly the rats.
In this your case of a goat, I don't Shrews or rats can eat eat a big animal like goat.
I'm thinking of possible reptile.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by winnah(f): 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2022
Juvenile leopard
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Dshocker(m): 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

Thanks.

Install a motion camera and a goat locked in a cage or better still, record the cry of a goat and let it play in a wireless bluetooth speaker till day break, the cry will attract which ever wild animal that did this, because surely the wild animal will come back for more prey tomorrow.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Jakumo(m): 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2022
Kavod:

I hope you see this....... Animals are acting weird these days..... I use to have rams till my dogs made them extinct.... You are even lucky you saw parts of them... Mine even the hair I did not see, only the blood on their face I knew it was them.... My brother if domestic dogs can do that solemnly any wild beast would do much.

If to say those dog dem remember to clean mouth after chop, like how politican dem dey do after dem chop awa national yam finis, the dog dem for just do like say nothing happen and you nogo suspect dem.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by sweetgala(m): 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:
You should start worrying about your safety not the goats. Whatever killed the goat in such a cruel manner must be really cruel

I'm writing this to tell you to be careful about your life.

This clearly is the doings of a dangerous animal

Now, let me advice you professionally.

Go and do deep research on why animal rearers always choose to pair a donkey alongside other animals like yours while raising them. This can be the answer to saving you from such losses into the future.

Be careful. Be it an hyena, a fox or a jackal. These animals can be deadly

An hyena doesn't need to kill an animal from the neck, though it's not that it can not. This suggests another dangerous animal

Jackal Diet

Jackals are nocturnal, omnivorous scavengers. With their long legs and curved canine teeth, they are well adapted for hunting

Jackals kill small prey with a bite to the back of the neck.

Range & habitat

All jackal species live in Africa, albeit in different regions.

Diet

Jackals can be both diurnal and nocturnal. This means that they can look for food both day and night. All jackals are omnivorous, meaning that their diet consists of both meat and plants.

Highlight

" When it comes to killing small prey, they usually do so by delivering a bite to the back of the neck and vigorously shaking the animal. "

Possible culprits

Jackal

Fox

Juvenile Leopard

African civet

I think we can rule out a fox, I'd expect a fox to hunt smaller animals like a rabbit, hare grass cutter etc .

A jakal or hyena could be the culprit though these all are pack animals which would make it easier to spot them, I think this was a solitary Animal, if the animals were dragged to a secluded spot I'd hazard it's likely a big cat like a leopard

2 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by wildkat: 4:58pm On Nov 27, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

Hyenas and wild dogs start feeding from the most vulnerable parts at the rear end or belly. They also consume all parts including skin and bones since they hunt in packs.
This kill reveals that the predator was acting alone, caught the goat and waited till it was dead before devouring. It also shows that the predator is selective with desirable parts.

Wild cat behaviour.

Exactly!! Only a wild cat can do that shiit
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Buffalo2(m): 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
falcon01:
I wanted to say Komodo Dragon, but I remember that Komofo Dragon Will swallow everything.
I don't like that lizard. It's always salivating. Very dangerous a lizard!
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Patented: 5:08pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

Thanks.

What's the location of your farm. It could be a leopard
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Lukuluku69(m): 5:08pm On Nov 27, 2022
gabmanuel:
Op, nice one for bringing this up here, I would also like to know how the story goes.

I think this might be a reptile, because I once had an experience of such.

Mine was my Turkey and Fowl, they were in a cage and the biggest hole was about 8cm x 6cm, and the only animal entering there was rats.
So, on that fateful, I came in the morning, I saw the animals (one turkey, one broiler) eaten in the above pattern (their neck eaten till only the bone was left, then from the neck, it entered inside and finished the intestines, without touching the body).
I tried to know what could have done that, but alot of people suggested it could be *Snake or Shrew* or possibly the rats.
In this your case of a goat, I don't Shrews or rats can eat eat a big animal like goat.
I'm thinking of possible reptile.

The case you described in your location is a Cane Rat attack.

Snakes don't eat part and leave carcass behind. Snake usually swallow the whole thing every time and anytime.

Eating the intestines and leaving the flesh is definitely a Cane Rat attack and some times Mice do attack in that way too.

I am talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Basiljoe: 5:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

I'm trying to make this place liveable and probably would be hosting people for a short stay while we relate and probably expand business, like a resort type.
I'm interested brother.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by riverbird: 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2022
NA TINUBU NA
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Munzy14(m): 5:21pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

Thanks.
Leopard is the major culprit here..

Goats and sheep are it's major prey..And little puppies.

Involve local hunters to shoot it down.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Kavod: 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jakumo:

If to say those dog dem remember to clean mouth after chop, like how politican dem dey do after dem chop awa national yam finis, the dog dem for just do like say nothing happen and you nogo suspect dem.

My BELLE NEARLY TEAR.... NA TRUE OOO. IMAGINE THEM GET THAT SENSE.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by blingxx(m): 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

We are currently working on installing perimeter net for the first part of the land we intend to use for livestock, th at's about 3 acres, it separates the farm from the remaining land meant for crop plantation.

Thanks.

It's a chupachabra an ancient Mexican methological animal
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Naijaepic: 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
For this description,
The Culprit is Asin (Shrew)

brandsoncharlie:

The head of the chicken would be ripped off, intestine missing, there was fence around the perimeter of the land.
I hire the services of two watch man to look out for what the problem was, nothing was seen. Late at night the birds were making a lot of noise, touch light were turned on but nothing, realized it was a evil forces coming to eat them.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by luluosas(m): 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2022
You need to fear for your life ooooooooo. Wild animals are truly lurking around your farm. Please, apply some caution
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Elbeamer: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
Soldier ant attack

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today / Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.