Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,936 members, 7,810,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? (2948 Views)

I'm I Being Childish Trying To Sex Chat My Girlfriend / Am I Being Friendzoned? / Please Judge If Am Being Wicked. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by BigDickProblems: 9:51am On Nov 27, 2022
Happy Sunday Guys.

Let me go straight to the point. So I have 2 systems and a power bank(40,000MAH) to charge whenever I turn on my Gen. My systems doesn't take much time to fully charge but reverse is the case with my power bank.

Now the problem is my Neighbours. They will pack all their gadgets to my house as though I am charging the whole streets gadget whenever I turn on my Gen. This alone slows down the rate at which my power bank charges. Just today, after they brought all the gadgets as though its a street property, I noticed that my power bank took about 30minutes to get 1%. So I decided to try something new by turning off the switch connecting my neighbors appliances and see if this could help. Lo and behold, my power bank added 2% in just about 10 minutes.

I have left it this way since then. Their gadgets at not charging as I type this except for mine. I am managing time for fuel consumption cos fuel is expensive now and I am managing myself. My power bank is very very very important to me.

What I did, is it wrong? If you were in my shoes, what would you do??

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by Lalami3232(m): 9:53am On Nov 27, 2022
Lol grin

6 Likes

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by Slawomirr: 9:53am On Nov 27, 2022
Damnnn niggar

First of all you don't use generator to charge power bank

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by marlow1962(m): 9:53am On Nov 27, 2022
I ignore dem wen it comes to dis, wen I wn in sch, my neighbors dy run me dis kind street.
I get door bell, dem knw say no how wer dem go ring the bell wer I no go come out. The stress and disturbance was too much, I have to deactivate my bell. Anytin wer I on gen, and u knock taya, u go back ur house. Except say I wn answer u, I go cun open door. My neighbors too know say as long as say light dy my house, my xboom always dy blast.
With loud musics and no bell, I no dy hear shit.
When u knock taya, u go back.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by BigDickProblems: 9:55am On Nov 27, 2022
Lalami3232:
Lol grin
Please it's not funny. Kindly tell me what you think about it. I need your opinion pls.
Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by BigDickProblems: 9:56am On Nov 27, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

There is no consistent light these days in the area. Like 3 days now, there has not been light. I have no choice than to use my Gen.
Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by God1000(m): 9:58am On Nov 27, 2022
You need to tell them that they are causing you discomfort

8 Likes

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by BigDickProblems: 10:00am On Nov 27, 2022
marlow1962:
I ignore dem wen it comes to dis, wen I wn in sch, my neighbors dy run me dis kind street.
I get door bell, dem knw say no how wer dem go ring the bell wer I no go come out. The stress and disturbance was too much, I have to deactivate my bell. Anytin wer I on gen, and u knock taya, u go back ur house. Except say I wn answer u, I go cun open door. My neighbors too know say as long as say light dy my house, my xboom always dy blast.
With loud musics and no bell, I no dy hear shit.
When u knock taya, u go back.

It's hard to ignore my neighbors. They can choose to pay you back with bad especially with things pertaining security alert or stuffs like that.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by BigDickProblems: 10:01am On Nov 27, 2022
God1000:
You need to tell them that they are causing you discomfort

Honestly, I think this is what I have to do. It's just hard though.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by immortalcrown(m): 10:03am On Nov 27, 2022
Tell them your generator can't serve both you and them. It is heartbreaking to give them false hope that their gadgets are getting charged in your apartment.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by Sonnobax15(m): 10:11am On Nov 27, 2022
grin
Op, I'd have done the same thing like you did....You can't be satisfying others in such a way that'd look like you're harming yourself....

Moreover, Nigerians don't deserve help lipsrsealed. An average nigerian go dey sing your praises when he/she dey benefit from you..But will quickly castigate you when you withdraw such benefits from him/her shocked

Op,las las, you're doing well..

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by iLegendd(m): 10:15am On Nov 27, 2022
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by BigDickProblems: 10:27am On Nov 27, 2022
immortalcrown:
Tell them your generator can't serve both you and them. It is heartbreaking to give them false hope that their gadgets are getting charged in your apartment.

Exactly. This is what I just did. I told one of them to tell the others that their phones are enot charging and that they are too heavy for my Gen so I unplugged them.

Omo, if dem like, make dem vex e no concern me. I can't satisfy them and hurt my guy inside of me.
Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by falcon01: 10:38am On Nov 27, 2022
I can be this petty
Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by BigDickProblems: 10:47am On Nov 27, 2022
falcon01:
I can be this petty

Sorry I seem to be off with English sometimes, kindly explain what you mean by this thanks.
Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by AndroidAI(m): 10:49am On Nov 27, 2022
You did well op!!
Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by falcon01: 10:51am On Nov 27, 2022
BigDickProblems:

Sorry I seem to be off with English sometimes, kindly explain what you mean by this thanks.
I see no problem with what you did
Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by BigDickProblems: 11:15am On Nov 27, 2022
falcon01:
I see no problem with what you did

Alright. Thanks. I have no shadow hanging over me then.
Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by marlow1962(m): 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2022
BigDickProblems:

It's hard to ignore my neighbors. They can choose to pay you back with bad especially with things pertaining security alert or stuffs like that.
No be lie sha, but the excessive bugging out someone is not good
Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by thrillionaire(m): 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2022
Your neighbors wouldn't understand your rationale behind unplugging their devices and would even laugh at the absurdity of your explanation. They'll assume you're being wicked simple, since gadgets don't consume much power.

I think you should compromise, that's what life is mostly about - not because you are scared of them but because you love.
Love or kindness sometimes makes you discomfort yourself to share with or help others.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by CaveAdullam: 1:31pm On Nov 27, 2022
Circumstances like this are difficult to handle, not because you don't know what to do straight up but because your conscience will keep probing you once you take any drastic action. It's not their fault for the epileptic power supply.

To solve this problem:

1. Go blank or ghost mode: refuse them when they come to charge.

However, the downside is that hate will start brewing in their hearts. You'll become overly cautious of every one of your moves because you don't want to step on toes and cause unnecessary anger. The wicked neighbors may end up causing damage to the generator.

Another downside is that you don't know when you'll need help. A friend close by is better than a brother far off. There are cases of emergency you'll need their assistance which they'll deprive you of. It's 50/50..." do me I do you...God nor go vex". Except you know that you can do all on your own and will never need any form of assistance from your neighbors now and in the future.

2. Pretend that the generator is bad and solicit help. If they help you, fine. If they don't, go ghost mode. "Once you repair your generator, they'll never come close".

3. Or, before you go buy fuel, ask for little funds around. With this method, only those that contributed will come for charging.

4. Give them a specific time you'll allow their gadgets to get charged and simply explain the reason.

5. If the above proved impossible, you'll need to find another peaceful residence.

Thanks.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by Mercury12(m): 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2022
Get solar power instead undecided

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by Chris2863(m): 2:00pm On Nov 27, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

he is ignorant of that
Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by pansophist(m): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
This is a form of being Mr Nice guy, or a simp. You should only help to a point where it's not affecting you.

You should learn to tell people NO. They will only get angry, but that is their problem. and if they got angry, then that's a solid reason why you should stop helping them, since their anger is an expression of ingratitude.

Hence the adage that you remove what's in your eyes first, before others. You should also know that receivers do not set a limit, it is you, the giver that have to do that.

Think back when you start helping people to charge, you'll notice that as time goes by, the numbers of gadgets you're charging increases, not decrease. And it will continue like that until you have boundaries.

If you learn to say NO, you'll save yourself a lot of stress and live a life true to yourself. So please stop the eye service. No point disconnecting their socket if you won't charge it. Just say NO, I can't help you with this anymore.

12 Likes

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by Ruby458(f): 4:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
CaveAdullam:
Circumstances like this are difficult to handle, not because you don't know what to do straight up but because your conscience will keep probing you once you take any drastic action. It's not their fault for the epileptic power supply.

To solve this problem:

However, the downside is that hate will start brewing in their hearts. You'll become overly cautious of every one of your moves because you don't want to step on toes and cause unnecessary anger. The wicked neighbors may end up causing damage to the generator.

Another downside is that you don't know when you'll need help. A friend close by is better than a brother far off. There are cases of emergency you'll need their assistance which they'll deprive you of. It's 50/50..." do me I do you...God nor go vex". Except you know that you can do all on your own and will never need any form of assistance from your neighbors now and in the future.

2. Pretend that the generator is bad and solicit help. If they help you, fine. If they don't, go ghost mode. "Once you repair your generator, they'll never come close".

3. Or, before you go buy fuel, ask for little funds around. With this method, only those that contributed will come for charging.

4. Give them a specific time you'll allow their gadgets to get charged and simply explain the reason.

5. If the above proved impossible, you'll need to find another peaceful residence.

Thanks.

I totally agree with these practical solutions. I don't agree with number 1 though.

OP, numbers 3 and 4 are the steps I would take if I were in your shoes. They're very practical, and won't bring resentment from them or you.
Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by MufasaLion: 4:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
Too much access given to people will hurt you. I've always lived this way; restricted access.
Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by rooftops: 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2022
CaveAdullam:

To solve this problem:

Thanks.
OP, go with number 4 here
Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by Blunttruth: 5:07pm On Nov 27, 2022
BigDickProblems:
Happy Sunday Guys.

Let me go straight to the point. So I have 2 systems and a power bank(40,000MAH) to charge whenever I turn on my Gen. My systems doesn't take much time to fully charge but reverse is the case with my power bank.

Now the problem is my Neighbours. They will pack all their gadgets to my house as though I am charging the whole streets gadget whenever I turn on my Gen. This alone slows down the rate at which my power bank charges. Just today, after they brought all the gadgets as though its a street property, I noticed that my power bank took about 30minutes to get 1%. So I decided to try something new by turning off the switch connecting my neighbors appliances and see if this could help. Lo and behold, my power bank added 2% in just about 10 minutes.

I have left it this way since then. Their gadgets at not charging as I type this except for mine. I am managing time for fuel consumption cos fuel is expensive now and I am managing myself. My power bank is very very very important to me.

Your moniker confused me grin. Anyway this one of those don't start what you can't finish things. If you can stop putting it on for a while w8the excuse that something was stolen from your room.everyone will find their square root.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by Temmylee01(m): 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2022
Just tell them this, let them know you will be increasing the voltage of your generator since your power bank(which was the main reason you bought fuel and on gen) was charging slow due to multiple energy distribution to thier gadget and if any of their gadget got fried due to high voltage it's not your fault simple.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2022
When never they come again. Just simply tell them if I see u guys here again I'm going to use cutlass to chase you away, do u guys contributed when I was I was buying petrol to my generator? You don't know Sapa dey town? I'm I the only one that get generator here.? Pls be warned!! You slam your door to let them know you are angry. I don't why u are making simple thing difficult. I trust myself.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by dannex4adx(m): 6:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
BigDickProblems:
Happy Sunday Guys.

Let them charge for some hours. You may need their help too some day. Be wise.
Re: Am I Being Wicked? What would you have done? by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:55pm On Nov 27, 2022
BigDickProblems:

There is no consistent light these days in the area. Like 3 days now, there has not been light. I have no choice than to use my Gen.
Give them socket outside your house.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Changed It For A Lady Who Wanted To Make Me Her Errand Boy! / Would U continue being nice to girls inspite of these? / The Difference Between Dating A Mature Babe And An Immature One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.