Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? (2104 Views)

Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) / Is Food Price More Higher In Nigeria Than In Western Countries ? / The 10 Most Expensive Private Jets In The World And Their Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 11:34am On Nov 27, 2022
My dear NL family, happy Sunday �

So their has been a question that has been troubling me for a while.

The question is why is food expensive in Nigeria

Okay in a simpler term, why is food expensive in southern Nigeria, while stuffs brought from Southern Nigeria into northern Nigeria aren't as so expensive as the price margin difference.

For example I bought a cartoon of fish for 3k in Brono state, and coming to Delta that has water ooo that's same fish is costing 15k.

Talk of beans I bought for 8k a bag and in PH it's 44k a bag where transport to PH is 8k ooo
Here is the videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSMCNR6giqo

Some months back a bag of beans was selling for 33k in Brono and here it's was 55k in Asaba

Here is the videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0DhIXVHPVM

Rice is was less than 30k a bag in Brono yet its was selling or 40k in DELTA

HERE IS THE VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOa06ZdWVxA

Talk abou strawberries etc everything is so cost say twice in the South why?

Attached is the pic of my 3k fish

You can see more on our Instagram @

https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 11:37am On Nov 27, 2022
A friend of mine from Sokoto told my a few days back that Onions is now 40k a bag, for mew one and 110k for old one and the price in Calabar is something else.

What about in Maiduguri when Onions was 7k a bag and it was 70k in Lagos.

Why? Transportation isn't the issue because this price am giving are the major marker prices in the south and it cost max of 10k to transport per bag to any states

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by phorget(m): 11:40am On Nov 27, 2022
Risk of kidnappers and other hazards would have been fathomed into the logistics regarding the business.
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 11:44am On Nov 27, 2022
For example this are the price someone sent to me, from Gombe state or the price of fish from Baga Road market in Maiduguri that is just 20k

So the big question why is food expensive?

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 11:47am On Nov 27, 2022
phorget:
Risk of kidnappers and other hazards would have been fathomed into the logistics regarding the business.

Aside the fact that I like travelling, most of this people don't need to travel, they call and the goods is sent

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by phorget(m): 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:

Aside the fact that I like travelling, most of this people don't need to travel, they call and the goods is sent

Ok,then it worthy to be worried about then.
I guess they want us down south to die of hunger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by lilvicky68(m): 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2022
Is it that the middlemen bringing the goods over here in the south are ripping us or it's our marketers over here?
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Zonefree(m): 12:05pm On Nov 27, 2022
Blame our Southern traders. Their greed is the cause of our problem down here.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Jokerman(m): 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2022
So Nigeria is not cheap to live in then?
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 12:13pm On Nov 27, 2022
phorget:

Ok,then it worthy to be worried about then.
I guess they want us down south to die of hunger.

Abi our own people doing us with multiple taxation no incentive, using police to harras etc
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 12:13pm On Nov 27, 2022
Zonefree:
Blame our Southern traders. Their greed is the cause of our problem down here.

Not really, just that south is very expensive
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Aboks(m): 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2022
Ask your president
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by hisgrace090: 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2022
Southern traders are very greedy, I can go in detail as regard them soon.
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
Aboks:
Ask your president
this has nothing to do with president
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
hisgrace090:
Southern traders are very greedy, I can go in detail as regard them soon.

Yeah, share more light
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by hisgrace090: 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:

Yeah, share more light

I will!
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2022
hisgrace090:

I will!

MOD

Mynd44 Lalastisca
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by ghettochild(m): 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
A friend of mine from Sokoto told my a few days back that Onions is now 40k a bag, for mew one and 110k for old one and the price in Calabar is something else.

What about in Maiduguri when Onions was 7k a bag and it was 70k in Lagos.

Why? Transportation isn't the issue because this price am giving are the major marker prices in the south and it cost max of 10k to transport per bag to any states
Hi bro.. can u help buy n send to Ajegunle Apapa lagos for my mum next time u going to borno?
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Goodman247: 5:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
because Nigeria is a failed nation
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
Goodman247:
because Nigeria is a failed nation
not really bro
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by techWriter1: 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2022
criticize our Southern investors
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by aieromon(m): 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
For example I bought a cartoon of fish for 3k in Brono state, and coming to Delta that has water ooo that's same fish is costing 15k.

Attached is the pic of my 3k fish

What type of fish is this? I just came back from Yola and bought fish at the Jambutu trailer park. The lorries were offloading fish from Maiduguri. The locals say the name of the fish is Asa.

I ask because I got mine at ₦9,000 per carton.

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Chloraseptic: 12:16am On Nov 28, 2022
Food should be the cheapest commodity in a country governed by sensible governments.

They will soon come to tell you how they are living in Banana Island where food, light, water and road are not problems.
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by TheboyGhost(m): 12:18am On Nov 28, 2022
aieromon:

What type of fish is this? I just came back from Yola and bought fish at the Jambutu trailer park. The lorries were offloading fish from Maiduguri. The locals say the name of the fish is Asa.

This will cost 1k per one here in Biafra.
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by ObalendeCMS: 12:58am On Nov 28, 2022
Southern people always increasing prices at any given opportunity.

They are just too greedy and want to make a massive gain at a go.
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 7:32am On Nov 28, 2022
Chloraseptic:
Food should be the cheapest commodity in a country governed by sensible governments.

They will soon come to tell you how they are living in Banana Island where food, light, water and road are not problems.

It's a big problem we serve all class of clients and I will tell you that the rich also complains, no matter how wealthy, when it comes to food they all complain
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 7:33am On Nov 28, 2022
aieromon:

They cheat you boss, this isn't asa also known as Dan striking, the most expensive fish or one of the most expensive!! Na 30k you for pay if na asa na normal catfish be this.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by aieromon(m): 7:56am On Nov 28, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:

They cheat you boss, this isn't asa also known as Dan striking, the most expensive fish or one of the most expensive!! Na 30k you for pay if na asa na normal catfish be this.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onolulu: 7:59am On Nov 28, 2022
Jokerman:
So Nigeria is not cheap to live in then?

Nigeria is still the cheapest country in the world. Those fishes the OP find it's way to western country, they'd sell nothing less than $500 which is about #300,000
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 8:44am On Nov 28, 2022
aieromon:

Thanks for the clarification.

You for holla me na when you dey Adamawa, na
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by aieromon(m): 8:47am On Nov 28, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:

You for holla me na when you dey Adamawa, na

You left for Chad and nobody heard from you in a while.
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Dangrace01: 6:58pm On Nov 28, 2022
Do you know the cost of transportation from noth to south.

Do you know the amount of settlement you'll settle for every 5 poles of distance. This is the major cause of price increase. Imagine settling almost 200 points from north to south

You'll settle
Police
Army
Produce
Customs
Navy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Virgin Nigeria Fraudulent? I Cant Understand Their New Tactics / Nigerians In Freetown, What Do They Do For Survival? / Visa To Greece To Attend A Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.