Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? (2105 Views)

Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) / Is Food Price More Higher In Nigeria Than In Western Countries ? / The 10 Most Expensive Private Jets In The World And Their Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 6:38am On Nov 29, 2022
aieromon:

You left for Chad and nobody heard from you in a while.

I was injured around somewhere in Nigeria, hence the silence needed to heal

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 6:44am On Nov 29, 2022
Dangrace01:
Do you know the cost of transportation from noth to south.

Do you know the amount of settlement you'll settle for every 5 poles of distance. This is the major cause of price increase. Imagine settling almost 200 points from north to south

You'll settle
Police
Army
Produce
Customs
Navy

Sometimes when I see this type of comments it leaves me wondering where this has come to stay from!

See while it's a part, but it's not the cause majorly, as a farmer with over 10+ years of experience in both the 36 states of Nigeria and 12 countries I can tell you it's not true, and also a stunch biz man.

To transport a bag of beans from Gombe to PH is 5k or to Asaba is 5k, so how this it mke it expensive?

From Maiduguri to Owerri my truck of food arrived this morning and its 5k a bag or to Asaba 5k

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by tivta(m): 7:56am On Nov 29, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:

Sometimes when I see this type of comments it leaves me wondering where this has come to stay from!

See while it's a part, but it's not the cause majorly, as a farmer with over 10+ years of experience in both the 36 states of Nigeria and 12 countries I can tell you it's not true, and also a stunch biz man.

To transport a bag of beans from Gombe to PH is 5k or to Asaba is 5k, so how this it mke it expensive?

From Maiduguri to Owerri my truck of food arrived this morning and its 5k a bag or to Asaba 5k

Gid bless you.
The truth about the high cost of foodstuffs in the south is just greed. Our southern brothers want maximum profit by all means.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 10:35am On Nov 29, 2022
Another cause could be the low productivity or production of food in the South
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Zeewirld: 11:47am On Nov 29, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
My dear NL family, happy Sunday �

So their has been a question that has been troubling me for a while.

The question is why is food expensive in Nigeria

Okay in a simpler term, why is food expensive in southern Nigeria, while stuffs brought from Southern Nigeria into northern Nigeria aren't as so expensive as the price margin difference.

For example I bought a cartoon of fish for 3k in Brono state, and coming to Delta that has water ooo that's same fish is costing 15k.

Talk of beans I bought for 8k a bag and in PH it's 44k a bag where transport to PH is 8k ooo
Here is the videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSMCNR6giqo

Some months back a bag of beans was selling for 33k in Brono and here it's was 55k in Asaba

Here is the videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0DhIXVHPVM

Rice is was less than 30k a bag in Brono yet its was selling or 40k in DELTA

HERE IS THE VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOa06ZdWVxA

Talk abou strawberries etc everything is so cost say twice in the South why?

Attached is the pic of my 3k fish

You can see more on our Instagram @

https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal
... Someone told me that a bag of original honey beans is 22,500 in Maiduguri... Does it mean that the person is out to cheat me considering the price you quoted above?
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by nwadikeokey11: 12:10pm On Nov 29, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
Another cause could be the low productivity or production of food in the South
Hello friend how are you doing, pls can I talk to you, maybe if I could get your mobile number. I would like you to supply me some of those food items. I'm in PH. Pls it's very important.
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2022
Zeewirld:
... Someone told me that a bag of original honey beans is 22,500 in Maiduguri... Does it mean that the person is out to cheat me considering the price you quoted above?

The person might no be lying ooo, depends where in Maiduguri he or she is buying and when wad this
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2022
nwadikeokey11:
Hello friend how are you doing, pls can I talk to you, maybe if I could get your mobile number. I would like you to supply me some of those food items. I'm in PH. Pls it's very important.

Send a proper mail cheapmarketdeal@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by MessiahMARLIANS: 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
A friend of mine from Sokoto told my a few days back that Onions is now 40k a bag, for mew one and 110k for old one and the price in Calabar is something else.

What about in Maiduguri when Onions was 7k a bag and it was 70k in Lagos.

Why? Transportation isn't the issue because this price am giving are the major marker prices in the south and it cost max of 10k to transport per bag to any states

You are a great and considerate person for creating a Query Sensitization Thread like this.

You See;

Many of the Monetary and Financial Informations that you revealed on here are unknown by many people.... however - many of them will not think about how this revealing information can empower them.

That's exactly how WASTEFUL alot of Nigerians are.

They Waste Natural Resources;

They go on to even Waste Their Personal Human Resources;

So, why won't they Waste Informational Resources that are propelled to them on a Platter of Gold ?

You See;

The First thing I want you to know is the response to your question.

The reason food is expensive in the southern part of Nigeria is simply because The POOR Participation and Investment of People of The South in Agriculture.

And The Reason Alot of people aren't invested in Agriculture isn't because they are NOT INTERESTED in Agriculture, but they consider Agriculture as A Very STRESSFUL Business because They LACK Support of Farm Machineries That Should Be Supplied to Them to EASE Their Agricultural Engagements.

On The Other Hand;

Food is very cheap in the North simply because Many People are Widely Invested in The Right Needed Foods and The Government of The Northern States Go As Far As Supporting All Their Farmers and Intending Farmers with Farm Machineries like Tractors, Irrigation Facilities, Fertilizers, Herbicides, Harvesting Equipments etc at a very cheap cost.

The Northern State Government Understands The Secret Behind True Wealth which Is Basically "Food"; Hence They do alot in administering concrete Agricultural Projects that should Empower Their Citizens who are ready to Function as Farmers.

This is what is needed in the south if we want food items to be cheaper and moderate too.
Hence; Any

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by skentelelady(f): 12:00pm On Dec 01, 2022
I am.into agribusiness. I buy from North. The cost of transportation is expensive. If I buy a bag of Nigeria rice for 33k. Waybill using truck is 2k. Transporting from Lagos oark to my shop will cost me roughly 500h or 1k per bag. If I decide to sell this bag for 38-39k, you cant call.that greed.

I pay bills. From shop rent, Levies, miscellaneous etc. I need to make savings and pay Bill's at home from this same profit.

Even tho some inflate prices.but the expenses outweighs the profit believe me

Cost of living in the south is way higher than north. You have surplus there so, demand is low so price will definitely be cheap. Unlike here, goods are scarce, demand is high so price will be high.

If we have the resources, strength and passion to go into farming like in the north, south will be like north too when it comes to availability of foodstuff.

My view

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
This food businesses loooks inviting but na how to start be Koko
Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by Onlinefarmstore: 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
Hi I made a video on strawberries farming in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5ek07CopE4

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food Extremely Expensive In Nigeria? by aieromon(m): 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2023
Onlinefarmstore:
Hi I made a video on strawberries farming in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5ek07CopE4

It will gain more audience if you open a fresh thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olumayowa Adebayo Visits Palace Of The Lost City / Confirmation Letter From Ait Uk, That My Appeal Was Successful / Nigerians In Freetown, What Do They Do For Survival?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.